What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kidney infection. Feel like death.
I feel your pain, kidney infections are the worst. ❤

My 3 (very soon to be 4) year old. I felt so productive today, and all he’s done is arse about and have a fit every time I’ve tried to get him to do something basic like get dressed (with my help) or eat his food. I had planned to take them out a nice walk to the park (on my own, OH has started a new job) but he has wasted so much time and caused so much aggro with his behaviour that it’s too late, it’s almost tea time now and I’m too stressed out. I’m in a mood, oldest is in a mood, youngest is running about oblivious, extremely hyped up. I could literally scream.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Not annoying as such but my daughter, 5, had a friend round after school today, the friend didn't say a word and didn't play much, come her mum picking her up she didn't want to leave and refused for 20 mins 🤣

Come on kid, get outta my house, I want to get my bra off and slob 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Bit petty but celebs who go on TV and don't turn off their phone notifications - makes me paranoid that I've missed an important text/call.

The football. It is infuriating me how 60,000 people can be let into a stadium yet I can’t go back to work where I would be on an aircraft with other people. It’s really really getting to me now after nearly 18 months of being off work😢

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Echoing everyone else with annoying football fans... feeling like faking a test and trace ping so I can hide from the world. 🥴

I feel petty enough to wish England would lose now. 🥴 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That I have work in the morning and don't have a rich husband who will let me be a lady of leisure. 😂 First world problems eh!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That I have work in the morning and don't have a rich husband who will let me be a lady of leisure. 😂 First world problems eh!
That hit so close to home! 😂😭

I am also annoyed by myself waking up at 5 in the morning every bloody day. I just can’t go back to sleep after that, but I’m not a morning person and I don’t even have to be up early!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm at the end of my tether now and want to quit my job. I'm miserable. I have nothing lined up to go to though and due to stuff going on personally now would be an inappropriate time to quit. So I'm stuck.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Trains are only 1 an hour since covid, 3 cancelled due to lack of staff! No doubt phoned in sick 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
This whole return to office and the lack of common sense associated with it.

An email went around yesterday asking about our "preferences". I'm OOO and didn't get to respond. Somehow, by some unknown stroke of luck, someone decided to include me in the 30% due to return in August. This without consulting with me first, when other people of my team are allowed not to come back. The excuse is that employees with less than one year experience in the company have to come back for training. Now, this is hypocritical. I've been with the company for exactly one year now, how much more training are you intending on performing when I'm completely autonomous already? Training after one year, really? Besides, how am I going to be trained if both the manager and the other members of the team are all WFH? Massive joke. I have 6 years experience, I don't need the micro-managing or the monitoring they're trying to sneakily put in place.

Besides, I haven't received my vaccine shot(s) yet. I don't know when I'll be getting one since the pharmacies are saturated and wait time after registration with the HSE could be weeks. Are they seriously planning on bringing unvaccinated people back to follow a nonsensical agenda? They're relying on antigen testing as well, but I'm not going back there until I'm fully vaccinated. End of.

Lucky for them, we got a salary revision a few weeks ago. I'm super grateful for this and it certainly works in their favor. If my salary had remained the same, I would be looking elsewhere. I posted this in a thread on another platform and I was told I sound like a nightmare to work with, Doubt so.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
This whole return to office and the lack of common sense associated with it.

Besides, I haven't received my vaccine shot(s) yet. I don't know when I'll be getting one since the pharmacies are saturated and wait time after registration with the HSE could be weeks. Are they seriously planning on bringing unvaccinated people back to follow a nonsensical agenda? They're relying on antigen testing as well, but I'm not going back there until I'm fully vaccinated. End of.

Lucky for them, we got a salary revision a few weeks ago. I'm super grateful for this and it certainly works in their favor. If my salary had remained the same, I would be looking elsewhere. I posted this in a thread on another platform and I was told I sound like a nightmare to work with, Doubt so.

Retail workers, personal services, grocery stores, food service places, education have been open for weeks and some of them throughout this pandemic where the staff has been totally unvaccinated with many still unvaccinated. Some of those staff deal with hundreds of random shoppers per day, classrooms full of students, doing facials where clients have no masks.
The risk to you at your desk is minute.
Perhaps your company will give in and allow you stay home untill your fully vaccinated but they dont have too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.