What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Three times I came in while it rained hard and forgot my bag of water-retaining crystals

Also because it was therapeutic to have a moan there I'd like to add

My inlaws have bought a house up the road from us. We used to live 10 minutes from them when my eldest daughter was born and they were all over me and would just show up at my house unannounced. Then my husband's brother had a baby and they lost interest in our daughter and when our youngest was born they couldn't give 2 shits. We moved out of the city about 30 mins away to a little town and they were even less bothered about our kids.

I'm on edge because it's going to really piss me off if they still don't see them (why here otherwise? It's not a hugely well known town) but if they start showing up unannounced again I can't handle that either. Husband and I are already bickering about it and they don't move in for another 6 weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I stormed the pineapple, but cherry are my favourite, these mounts are something else, then there were all the weird biscuit flavours that had to be sampled, too many calories #lockdownlard
I need to try pineapple too, doesn't sound too appetising but cherry and chocolate you can't really go wrong!
I need to absolutely hate them for my own sake. I can relate, too many calories!!

Reactions: 1
Right so I am new here and there's something really annoying to me that I want to report.

There's an influencer for In The Style who gets gifted items constantly and then sells them with tags on depop. It makes me so angry, id love to report it, no idea how i could though

Tax credits... claimed them during a hard time a few years back. Since we met the wage threshold and stopped receiving them, we’ve been paying back various ‘over payments’. I have no issue with paying back money we owe, I set up a payment plan for an amount we can afford and then forget about it anyway, it’s more that the system is so fucked that it puts people in this position in the first place. We did everything right as I was scared of this happening, but here we are. All because my partner got a better paying job which we told them about right away. Years later we are still having to sort out this tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My husband and his bloody phone always on loud. He is sorting work out for "his lads" so it's tap tap tap texting, ping ping ping messages . Put it on silent ffs 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Also because it was therapeutic to have a moan there I'd like to add

My inlaws have bought a house up the road from us. We used to live 10 minutes from them when my eldest daughter was born and they were all over me and would just show up at my house unannounced. Then my husband's brother had a baby and they lost interest in our daughter and when our youngest was born they couldn't give 2 shits. We moved out of the city about 30 mins away to a little town and they were even less bothered about our kids.

I'm on edge because it's going to really piss me off if they still don't see them (why here otherwise? It's not a hugely well known town) but if they start showing up unannounced again I can't handle that either. Husband and I are already bickering about it and they don't move in for another 6 weeks.
My worst nightmare. #thoughtsandprayers ♥ 🙏

• Haha
Tax credits... claimed them during a hard time a few years back. Since we met the wage threshold and stopped receiving them, we’ve been paying back various ‘over payments’. I have no issue with paying back money we owe, I set up a payment plan for an amount we can afford and then forget about it anyway, it’s more that the system is so fucked that it puts people in this position in the first place. We did everything right as I was scared of this happening, but here we are. All because my partner got a better paying job which we told them about right away. Years later we are still having to sort out this tit.
I feel your pain!!!!! I'm literally in the middle of this absolute tit show. I started a new job, reported it to them the same week with ALL details they needed, including future earnings. Then did the same again three weeks later because they were still paying us tax credits, despite us being above the earning threshold. So not only do I have months of payments to return (not so bad because I've been putting it aside ready to repay because I knew we weren't entitled to it) but there's also the overpayment due to me earning more than expected in the last tax year. God knows how much that will be but it will be more than we have.

I've tried to get through on the phone but I get cut off with "I'm sorry we can't take your call at the moment. Goodbye" and I've done as much as I can online. It's all just so frustrating!

I've also been over taxed by nearly a sodding grand but funnily enough that's not showing on their crappy website, it's listed as "you paid the correct tax last year" No chumpy bollocks, I did not !!! 😤

Makes you wonder why you bother trying to improve your situation doesn't it!

Reactions: 2
HMRC is not fit for purpose. Tax credits, self-assessment, PAYE, tax coding...always a huge struggle to deal with anything. And the hold music is so triggering.

Reactions: 6
My child has refused to sleep for nearly 2 hours and I’m done now she will sleep in for nursery 😫 she has finally fallen asleep and husband will get home from pub and I’ll have had no time to myself to chill out 😫😫

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel your pain!!!!! I'm literally in the middle of this absolute tit show. I started a new job, reported it to them the same week with ALL details they needed, including future earnings. Then did the same again three weeks later because they were still paying us tax credits, despite us being above the earning threshold. So not only do I have months of payments to return (not so bad because I've been putting it aside ready to repay because I knew we weren't entitled to it) but there's also the overpayment due to me earning more than expected in the last tax year. God knows how much that will be but it will be more than we have.

I've tried to get through on the phone but I get cut off with "I'm sorry we can't take your call at the moment. Goodbye" and I've done as much as I can online. It's all just so frustrating!

I've also been over taxed by nearly a sodding grand but funnily enough that's not showing on their crappy website, it's listed as "you paid the correct tax last year" No chumpy bollocks, I did not !!! 😤

Makes you wonder why you bother trying to improve your situation doesn't it!
It’s such a huge pain in the arse! I’m dreading having to call them, it always takes forever to sort out anything over the phone with them and then you’re left wondering if they actually did their job properly or if you’ll have to go through it all again. I thought we’d managed to wash our hands of them finally, I really hated doing those yearly reviews where you need to dig out your p60 or remember the password to find them online. Also is it me or are the letters you get from tax credits really weirdly worded and not that easy to understand? Maybe I’m just thick but sometimes I have to read them a few times to figure out what they’re actually telling me😅

It’s no wonder people get stuck in their situations when it feels like you get penalised for improving your situation. I had no idea when we first claimed that it would be so much trouble to actually stop claiming and get off their books. I was so scared the first time they said we owed them because it was in the thousands and it said on the letter that we had to pay it straight away or get a fine, as if people on the cusp of claiming tax credits have a spare couple of grand lying around and would be able to pay a fine on top🙄 Obviously after googling I realised you could call and set up a payment plan but I panicked at first. The system is a total mess and I’m not sure universal credit is much better so I hope I never fall on hard times down the line and end up having to claim that.
HMRC is not fit for purpose. Tax credits, self-assessment, PAYE, tax coding...always a huge struggle to deal with anything. And the hold music is so triggering.
100% this. It’s a total tit show having to deal with them in any capacity what so ever. It needs a massive shake up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The new trend of coaches developing programmes and charging thousands of pounds for it and calling it ‘investing in yourself’ so you will buy it. I’ve come across two online today and it’s annoying me. This sort of stuff gets people into debt and gives people anxiety. Rant over
A local PT tried to sell me his new program at the start of the first lockdown. It was a 90 day program costing nearly £200 for essentially a PDF of exercises and some meal ideas. I told him I didn’t have time to commit to it with work and studying and he replied “I guess you don’t want to change your body that much then, if you really wanted to you’d make time.”

bleeping cheek, no I wasn’t that fussed about changing my body thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
My job is an entire mess and it's annoying, upsetting.. all the things.

I'd love to say my boss was being dick. And he being a dick btw. But I fucked up. I fucked up yesterday and today. So, when he got pissed off today... he got really pissed off. Adding to this whole mess, we have a new hire on my team who my boss LOVES. New hire is only in a week, and already flying through work. So me not being on top form just makes things look even worse. I just.. yeah. It's a whole mess. And I broke down in tears... boss was having none of it, and I'm annoyed at myself for crying, for bleeping up in the first place.. ugh.

I do feel better typing this all out with that being said, so there's that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
It’s late May and I’m freezing and have put the heating on! What the hell is going on with the weather.

Also my inability to stop snacking. Have been good all day then just ate 4 biscuits out of the cupboard 😞
This was exactly my day too

Right so I am new here and there's something really annoying to me that I want to report.

There's an influencer for In The Style who gets gifted items constantly and then sells them with tags on depop. It makes me so angry, id love to report it, no idea how i could though
Is it the ASA that you report to? Sorry not sure but when I joined the Vicky Pattison the posters on there mentioned this, had to say never heard of it before, so some people are very clever, so Google that, but you are right so wrong

Passive aggressiveness :cautious: get a lot of it from my SIL and it drives me nuts why she can’t just be more chilled out outings together. Seven years with. My husband and she hasn’t stopped even though I never bite back

• Sad
I need to try pineapple too, doesn't sound too appetising but cherry and chocolate you can't really go wrong!
I need to absolutely hate them for my own sake. I can relate, too many calories!!
Just spotted the autocarrot! it was jonuts not mounts🤪

Tossed and turned until 4am now my dog is doing his daily routine of barking me up at 6am (doesn’t need anything, just wants me up) and sitting there glaring at me and whining to go out 😩 let me eyes open first please before we go out and get drenched 😆

Many years ago we have a Lady driver, she was brilliant, friendly too.
Our Hermes courier is good too, and yet the Amazon deliveries lately have been left on the step! (we have specified a safe place). However I’m using their drop off locker service instead next time as there is one quite close and I can choose when to go and get it.

There is this bloke who lives across the road whose car has the "spare tyre" on the front passenger side, it's one of those skinny "get you home" tyres and it's been on his car for a couple of weeks now. Lazy prick hasn't bothered to get his tyre fixed!
We had a neighbour who had a puncture, and every morning they would reinflate the tyre with a compressor, for months! (Maybe he was a bit short of funds though.)

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.