Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I’ve had four job interviews in the last month and tried sooo hard each time and still haven’t had an offer. It’s heartbreaking and exhausting because I just want money to support my family. Each time, they say, “you’ve answered the questions amazingly, but I’m afraid someone pipped you to the post today”.

I’m so tired of coming second. I know it’s the way it works but I wish they knew how vital it is that I can get a job to pay for my family. I’m desperate. Their decision has such an enormous impact on families and I don’t think they realise.
I GOT A JOB!! 😆 relieved is not the word!! Five interviews later and it’s all sorted! Yay!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

1001 others

VIP Member
Not annoying me as such, but making me sad and frustrated ... it's a year since I lost one of my precious dogs. I'd only adopted her a month before and she died of a heart attack (very sudden). She was 14. I'm beating myself up about whether there were any signs I missed. I think of her often but today, being her adoption anniversary, is especially hard. I've cuddled my other dogs super tight a lot today - I think they think I'm a bit mad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Eureka

VIP Member
Got an email from my HR dept. We are not to call each other co-workers or colleagues....instead we are to refer to each other as our "job family". Have you ever heard such shite. 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

no-no

VIP Member
I’d booked a carpet fitter for a quote next week but just seen them repost an absolute skank z lister saying she can’t wait for them to come and lay new carpet. Will be going somewhere else. I despise companies who give freebies to absolute begs. Not giving you my hard earned money to give a dirty shit stain freebies.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
That bloody stupid ad where the new mother is struggling with breast feeding so she messages her mother who tells her to try the rugby ball approach

Everything about that ad enrages me
The baby being about six months old but we are supposed to think it’s almost new born
The baby’s got a hat on
the fact granny says “ get the baby” 🤔 er isn’t it your grandchild
The demonstration with the pillow 😬

Did I mention I was a pedantic moaning bastard 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 28

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Myself, I wish I had a bit more confidence, and I didn't have the constant feeling of not being good enough and that I'm not liked/don't fit in anywhere constantly lingering over me 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

WilmaHun

VIP Member
My friend asked me if I wanted to go to the pub this afternoon. I replied "thanks for the invite, but I don't drink and am not really feeling myself so I'll pass, thanks. I'd love to see you later in the week though? Perhaps we could grab some chips along the beach?"

She literally replied "boring!"

Nice.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

1001 others

VIP Member
I'm stuck in an automatic car wash ... the brushes just keep rolling round and round but the big thing won't roll either way 😬 The lady at the petrol station has called an engineer and passed me a free pie and drink through the window 🤯

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Choco88

VIP Member
So my sister in law is kicking off because we don’t want to attend a Mother’s day meal she’s hosting on Sunday for my mother in law and her in laws.

The only people we see are my mum as she’s in our bubble and mother in law occasionally helps with Childcare.

Our town has one highest r rates in the country so this definitely not the time to start breaking the rules.

I’m so annoyed I feel like waiting until Sunday and reporting her for holding an illegal gathering.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I’ve had four job interviews in the last month and tried sooo hard each time and still haven’t had an offer. It’s heartbreaking and exhausting because I just want money to support my family. Each time, they say, “you’ve answered the questions amazingly, but I’m afraid someone pipped you to the post today”.

I’m so tired of coming second. I know it’s the way it works but I wish they knew how vital it is that I can get a job to pay for my family. I’m desperate. Their decision has such an enormous impact on families and I don’t think they realise.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Kezza_69

VIP Member
Busy bodies.
Busy bodies on social media ( FB ) posting, "Does anyone know blah blah, I've had a parcel delivered here for them"
Why all of a sudden are we expected to run around after shoddy delivery people?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

thegirlscout

VIP Member
In a Facebook group and I’ve posted about problems with my period and the first comment is ‘just to let you know, not everyone who has a period is a woman’.
Ok, fine but do you have any actual help or are you just here trying to look better than everyone?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
In a Facebook group and I’ve posted about problems with my period and the first comment is ‘just to let you know, not everyone who has a period is a woman’.
Ok, fine but do you have any actual help or are you just here trying to look better than everyone?
I’d reply with a smart arse reply like “actually, biologically speaking they are, so pipe down hun”. But that’s just me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
That no matter how many times I delete a quoted post I decided not to post, its always back when I next go to make a post on that thread. a few times I've not noticed and it's posted that alongside my fresh post.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hope96

VIP Member
The way my partner of over 2 years broke up with me. The fact I've lost over a stone in a space of under 2 weeks as a result of that and ended up in hospital for dehydration and poor mental health. Not really having anyone for support or people telling me to keep myself busy. The blame game he has decided to play even though he doesn't apparently want to make me feel bad. He wants to stay on good terms but hasn't bothered checking in with me and I haven't been able to bring myself to reply back to a message where I'm essentially being told I'm unwanted and that I am not being given a final chance. The fact he said he may see me for a drink as a farewell but is happy to be my friend. The fact I can't stop crying and thinking about him because he's my absolute best friend but he's just left me to it even though he knows exactly how I will be feeling. I feel devastated and heartbroken. I don't know if I'm annoyed, sad, angry or broken. All of them I suppose. :( :( I just don't know what to do anymore.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Many things annoy me but lately it's the teenager, he'll help himself to cold meats out of the fridge and leave an empty packet in the fridge & either my husband or my teenager leaves the cereal open. Doesn't close the inner packet or the box , just shoves it back in the cupboard 🙄
My fully grown adult boyfriend told me yesterday that the tub of cream cheese had gone mouldy. I said did you put it in the bin then? No of course he didn’t, he put it back in the fridge 🙄

• Haha
  • Angry

Chewingthefat

Bad internet signal. This is 2021, why do I struggle to get a good connection when there are literally people just floating about up in space, yet I can’t get online to find out if my local chippy is open on Sunday.

• Haha