What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have Sarcoidosis and I've been having odd days of extreme tiredness, lack of concentration and joint pain - and yesterday was one of them. It's annoying because it really louses up your day.
Today I'm much better but I've now got to work to catch up on several tasks I'd had to defer.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Our Hermes courier is good too, and yet the Amazon deliveries lately have been left on the step! (we have specified a safe place). However I’m using their drop off locker service instead next time as there is one quite close and I can choose when to go and get it.

We had a neighbour who had a puncture, and every morning they would reinflate the tyre with a compressor, for months! (Maybe he was a bit short of funds though.)
Unfortunately not everything Amazon can go to the locker ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve started a new job, gave my availability and said I could work some weekends as and when I’m needed due to having a little one and my partner has weekends off meaning we can spend time together as a family ... I’ve been put on to do every single Saturday and Sunday since I started doing 11/12 hour shifts Saturdays and Sunday’s .. I explained to the little one I’m working again this weekend and she got really upset and asked me not to go and ask my boss if I could stay at home with her instead, so now my mum guilt is sky high and every time I think about it I get upset 😢

how do I explain to my boss I don’t want to work those kind of hours without upsetting anyone?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
This is such a first world problem but I hate my car. It's a seven seater and my dad lent me some money to get it before I had my youngest so all 5 of us and him could g in the car together. I hate the way it drives and I still stall it all the time especially when I'm putting it on the drive.
My husband keeps thinking about buying himself a daft boy raver car and I'm stuck driving this , basically to fit him in cos just me and the kids would fit in a normal size car.

Having said that my car doesn't look any worse than other cars the same age but it's really knocking my confidence driving it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Me. I'm annoying myself with my overthinking mind. I think I upset myself even further because of it and I just wish I could relax and put myself first like others can. I'm really annoyed with myself this morning because I feel like I am my own worst enemy. 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The Diana interview news

Harry and his "truth bombs"

Oh and it's cold and windy again.

Reactions: 6
I’ve started a new job, gave my availability and said I could work some weekends as and when I’m needed due to having a little one and my partner has weekends off meaning we can spend time together as a family ... I’ve been put on to do every single Saturday and Sunday since I started doing 11/12 hour shifts Saturdays and Sunday’s .. I explained to the little one I’m working again this weekend and she got really upset and asked me not to go and ask my boss if I could stay at home with her instead, so now my mum guilt is sky high and every time I think about it I get upset 😢

how do I explain to my boss I don’t want to work those kind of hours without upsetting anyone?
If it was me, I'd ask my boss if I could have at least two weekends home with my family in the coming weeks as I've been working every weekend since I started and feel like I never spend quality time with my young family ... any reasonable boss would acknowledge that is a tough ask of anyone. They may have misinterpreted what you said at the start, thinking that you wanted to do every weekend. You never know, maybe there's someone else on the team who would really like to work them instead?

Me. I'm annoying myself with my overthinking mind. I think I upset myself even further because of it and I just wish I could relax and put myself first like others can. I'm really annoyed with myself this morning because I feel like I am my own worst enemy. 😔
I do this too. And tie and tangle myself in knots. Sorry, I really don't have any advice other than just to share that I feel your pain. Something I do find helpful is to shift my focus ... deep-cleaning the oven is a good one!

My job is an entire mess and it's annoying, upsetting.. all the things.

I'd love to say my boss was being dick. And he being a dick btw. But I fucked up. I fucked up yesterday and today. So, when he got pissed off today... he got really pissed off. Adding to this whole mess, we have a new hire on my team who my boss LOVES. New hire is only in a week, and already flying through work. So me not being on top form just makes things look even worse. I just.. yeah. It's a whole mess. And I broke down in tears... boss was having none of it, and I'm annoyed at myself for crying, for bleeping up in the first place.. ugh.

I do feel better typing this all out with that being said, so there's that.
The new, shiny person is working hard to make a good impression and no doubt has lots of energy due to a change in working environment. Most people are like that at first; just wait a few weeks until they settle in and reality hits. It is just a little bump in the road; you'll be fine!

• Heart

Say you are unavailable on part of the weekend. Either Say you have plans on a certain time each weekend or ask to be on an occasional rota .

Reactions: 4
It's completely irrational but my daughters school friend's parents. Neither of them work but their Facebook is full of holidays, Chessington, leogoland, longleat etc. We both work, have fairly good jobs but we're not constantly gallivanting here there and everywhere. Mr Reality was saying about how our money goes on mortgage and bills, we're not living beyond our means at all but it just frustrates us both that we work really hard and days like that are a real treat maybe once a year.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Some local idiot hitting my hometown news paper and now the daily mail for being a “diva” and saying he’s going to be on a Yorkshire version of towie 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ He’s a liar and it’s irritating he’s receiving all this exposure when he doesn’t deserve it. He’s not a nice person at all

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Some local idiot hitting my hometown news paper and now the daily mail for being a “diva” and saying he’s going to be on a Yorkshire version of towie 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ He’s a liar and it’s irritating he’s receiving all this exposure when he doesn’t deserve it. He’s not a nice person at all
He looks like a twit and a half

Not being able to book my covid jab anywhere closer than nearly 20 miles away 😣 There’s many vaccine centres close to me, but there’s 0 availability.

• Sad
An old friend used to say I was single at 30 because I was "too picky", had high and unrealistic expectations etc which was not true. I'm now engaged and she has patronisingly told me that this is because I wised up and "settled". Ugh ...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
An old friend used to say I was single at 30 because I was "too picky", had high and unrealistic expectations etc which was not true. I'm now engaged and she has patronisingly told me that this is because I wised up and "settled". Ugh ...
Make her an 'ex friend' if she isn't one already.

This is such a first world problem but I hate my car. It's a seven seater and my dad lent me some money to get it before I had my youngest so all 5 of us and him could g in the car together. I hate the way it drives and I still stall it all the time especially when I'm putting it on the drive.
My husband keeps thinking about buying himself a daft boy raver car and I'm stuck driving this , basically to fit him in cos just me and the kids would fit in a normal size car.

Having said that my car doesn't look any worse than other cars the same age but it's really knocking my confidence driving it.
It's not a VW Sharan is it? I had one of those as a courtesy car and it was awful to drive. So uncomfortable, with really heavy steering.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.