What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Garden waste collection!!

I checked the website and they said collection was TODAY because no collection on Easter Monday.

The bin was NOT collected today because it the collection was YESTERDAY. . bleeping website LIED!!

Biffa, kiss my arse.

kissmy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I admire your patience. If it was my boyfriend the game controllers would all have amazingly disappeared and the fuses gone from the plugs until he pulled his finger out. You can at least stop cooking for him and washing his clothes, perhaps that will help him understand you’re not his house maid/slave.
I wouldn't hear the end of it if I did that haha! Sometimes I want to but it's not worth the ear ache I'll get.
I have tried to do that before with the washing but then I just find myself hating the mess and doing it eventually anyway 🙈 I need to try it again though and persevere with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My boyfriend!! He's so lazy! He never helps me clean around the house or helps me with our daughter! No matter how many times I've mentioned it, nothing gets through! I broke down the other week because I have so much to do whilst he just sits back and watches, never offering to help! Even that wasn't enough to get him off his arse! He just sits there playing on his games all day, drives me mad!!!
Men are like that . Overgrown children.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
That's very sexist.
Shell, whatever medium he's playing his games through, TV/phone/console, just hide the cables or disable it in some way. Yes it is worth the earache. We overgrown children need to be told.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm stuck in an automatic car wash ... the brushes just keep rolling round and round but the big thing won't roll either way 😬 The lady at the petrol station has called an engineer and passed me a free pie and drink through the window 🤯

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
So tired yesterday so went to bed a bit earlier. And had a crap nights sleep and was awake earlier.

Reactions: 1
Another thing that's annoying me, in the one particular TV show the term "ipad" is used constantly, really gets on my nerves.

Tablet not good enough? Fucks sake!
I don’t like it when Apple fans are snooty about Android and other makes of phone etc, as if everything else is rubbish when they‘ve never even tried a different product.

Reactions: 5
I don’t like it when Apple fans are snooty about Android and other makes of phone etc, as if everything else is rubbish when they‘ve never even tried a different product.
iPhone junkies I call them.
Now iPad, iWatch bit like a cult really 😐

Reactions: 3
I have an iPhone. I’m not evangelical about it, I’ve just had one for a while and I’m used to the interface etc. I actually find it’s Android users who regularly take it upon themselves to tell me (without there even having been a discussion on the subject) that my phone is tit, I’ve paid too much for it, it’s locked down and doesn’t have good functionality so I’m an idiot paying for a brand (style over substance), Android phones are much better, the cameras are much better, Apple just copy *insert brand* with what they do so all the technology is a few years old. I find it really odd why a phone inspires so much proselytising and/or division. I guess there must be iPhone users doing exactly the same thing!

Reactions: 13
My boyfriend!! He's so lazy! He never helps me clean around the house or helps me with our daughter! No matter how many times I've mentioned it, nothing gets through! I broke down the other week because I have so much to do whilst he just sits back and watches, never offering to help! Even that wasn't enough to get him off his arse! He just sits there playing on his games all day, drives me mad!!!
Nip this in the bud or in 10 years it will be worse. Don't forget your daughter will watch you and you don't want her to think it's okay to have a lazy arse as a partner,do you? Don't do anything for him- no washing ,cooking etc. It will be hard for a while but persevere. Don't let him pick fights either. Ignore his grumbling and be pleasant. Leave your daughter with him - go for a walk, meet a friend in the park. The shops open next week - go for a browse - make him look after your child.This situation is in your hands . I hope things get better ♥

Reactions: 12
People who can't just give you a straight answer. If I ask a question "would you prefer me to come tonight at 7 or over the weekend", please give me a straight answer. "I don't mind" or "it's up to you" is not an answer!! I gave you the option so you could tell me which is most suitable for you!!

Reactions: 12
I'm stuck in an automatic car wash ... the brushes just keep rolling round and round but the big thing won't roll either way 😬 The lady at the petrol station has called an engineer and passed me a free pie and drink through the window 🤯
Final destination, eh!

• Haha
Final destination, eh!
I was stuck there for a while. The service station people were so nice - they brought me out food and drink on the house and a free voucher for my next car wash ... not sure I'll go back in a hurry though.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My boyfriends mum. She criticises a lot of decisions we make and then tries to play it off as a joke when we get upset. A lot of it is about money, like we pre-ordered one of the new Samsung TV’s and she makes comments about how it’s stupid money to spend. Sure, we could have gone much cheaper, but then the TV wouldn’t have the features we wanted. Plus, it’s our money, and we can afford it. She seems to forget that our TV usage is very different to hers because we both game, and we care a lot about the quality. But because she wouldn’t spend that money, we shouldn’t have bought it.

I’m sure it comes from a place of jealousy, but sometimes I think, why can’t you just be happy for us instead of making snide comments all the time?!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
That I’ve got no washing machine ( due to kitchen refit) this is the 4th week, I miss it more than anything else in the kitchen. It’s really winding me up today. Although friends and family have been helping out it’s really inconvenient when all I want to do is stick some washing in the machine.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My boyfriends mum. She criticises a lot of decisions we make and then tries to play it off as a joke when we get upset. A lot of it is about money, like we pre-ordered one of the new Samsung TV’s and she makes comments about how it’s stupid money to spend. Sure, we could have gone much cheaper, but then the TV wouldn’t have the features we wanted. Plus, it’s our money, and we can afford it. She seems to forget that our TV usage is very different to hers because we both game, and we care a lot about the quality. But because she wouldn’t spend that money, we shouldn’t have bought it.

I’m sure it comes from a place of jealousy, but sometimes I think, why can’t you just be happy for us instead of making snide comments all the time?!
You should start doing it back to her and see how she likes it. My other halfs Mum used to CONSTANTLY say to me "Is that ANOTHER new dress?"

I started doing it back to her. "Have you been to Tesco again?" "Is that ANOTHER new pair of slippers" "Having your eyebrows waxed again?!" She soon got the message!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Bought my regular twin pack of coke zero (the only fizzy drink I like) to discover they’ve changed the recipe. The ”great new taste” is actually vile. This has made me disproportionately furious. Just checked the comments online and the general consensus seems to be the new taste is horrible. Why do companies insist on fixing stuff that isn’t broken? Not one of life’s greatest disasters I know but, still, I want my old coke zero taste back. 😤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.