What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My works computer system. Fail after fail. Plus I do hate being told "ah just log off and restart" yeah with loads of apps open. Sorry grumpy arse today. 😡

Reactions: 5
HR that never gets back to candidates. Like, send out a rejection emails, configure it on your systems. Cannot believe we are in 2021 and HR still can’t get their tit together.

Reactions: 10
Denise Coates, the boss of betting company, Bet365, picked up a salary of £421m (that's 421millon pounds) last year, + £48m worth of dividends!

So she picked up roughly £469m last year, and is thought to be "the largest salary in UK corporate history", despite her company seeing a massive fall in profits by 74% to a mere £194m

I wonder how much she donates to Gamblers Anonymous?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The in laws AGAIN.
I think I'll have to off load it all on the in law thread cos it's all bubbling away and I feel like I might actually explode
As a mother. I can feel your pain...we live children, but God give us a few moments of being child free

HR that never gets back to candidates. Like, send out a rejection emails, configure it on your systems. Cannot believe we are in 2021 and HR still can’t get their tit together.
This, and also companies who promise feedback but never give it. I recently interviewed at a worldwide delivery company who constantly mentioned how they give feedback for every interview. I emailed them 6 times before I gave up. Annoys the hell out of me because how am I supposed to know if i did something wrong or if it was just a case that another candidate was better than me

• Sad
Reactions: 6
This, and also companies who promise feedback but never give it. I recently interviewed at a worldwide delivery company who constantly mentioned how they give feedback for every interview. I emailed them 6 times before I gave up. Annoys the hell out of me because how am I supposed to know if i did something wrong or if it was just a case that another candidate was better than me
Ikr also some of the feedbacks are so generic as they don’t want to risk people challenging them. There was an interview I went and I asked for feedback they were like ‘there is nothing else you can do to change anything because the other candidates fit the skill sets better than you’

I now see job hunting as two way process. If the interview process is tit then it is usually a red flag. Finger crossed for you

Reactions: 3
It's good friday which means a day off work, it's dry, sunny but it's bleeping cold like the weatherpeople said it would be. Bugger!

Reactions: 3
It's good friday which means a day off work, it's dry, sunny but it's bleeping cold like the weatherpeople said it would be. Bugger!
Could be worse, you could be working and listening to neighbours mow their lawn or whatever 2 doors up is doing sawing I think. Noisy git!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The state of modern journalism. Mining Twitter for content and stories about how some woman has made a million in 24 hours on Only Fans is not media-worthy.

• Heart
The state of modern journalism. Mining Twitter for content and stories about how some woman has made a million in 24 hours on Only Fans is not media-worthy.
Nor is Kylie Jenner posing in her 74million dollar private Jet.

Had to google who it was 😱 The world just can’t get rid of “cash me outside” girl!

Reactions: 1
People that expect a gift for Easter. People that want things that aren’t an Easter egg for Easter

• Wow
Reactions: 14
It's 3am and I have so much anxiety I can't sleep and the only thing that's helping me calm down is trying to learn the words to cardi b's up #brokeboysdon'tdeservenopussy #i'veplayedthissong1000times 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
And mums posting whole piles of gifts for their kids - an Easter egg and then loads of toys.
It's like another Christmas for the kids. What happened to Easter just being getting chocolate Easter eggs and maybe a Easter egg hunt? Nah here some choc and an iPad, iPhone and watch. Jeez.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Cats! Argh, they drive me absolutely bonkers. The trouble is, they are my flipping cats.

• Haha
Cats! Argh, they drive me absolutely bonkers. The trouble is, they are my flipping cats.
So agree with you. I have 1 now getting very fussy with food. We have 1 adopted 1 just comes in eats and sleeps all day, then a few others that turn up. They are getting fussy too, cheeky buggers.

I think I must be permanently annoyed as I seem to visit this thread a lot 🙃

I was bidding on this beautiful, brand new, waffle duvet cover ... nobody else was 'watching' it or had bid on it, so was quietly confident that it would soon be mine. Lo and behold, some *&%@ placed a bid just 1 minute before closing and won stole it out from underneath my nose :mad:. My bid was $23.33; the same one in the shops is $99.99, so it would have been a bargain. The meanie who jumped in ahead of me bid $23.34.
Ugh I hate ebay sometimes when that happens.

Me. Does anyone have a clumsy day every so often when you end up dropping things, stubbing your toe, then banging your elbow etc? I think I need to go back to bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.