Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

qwikti

Chatty Member
Feeling a bit annoyed at the 'advice' I've been getting from a friend. I always take her problems seriously, she had a health scare and I took the time to respond to every one of her frantic messages, calm her down for hours, give her advice.

I had a problem with tech and nearly lost a huge amount of work in a way that would've been so detrimental to me, was anxious and crying all of yesterday, I told her about this and she basically just goes 'always gets the heart rate up'.

Am I being unreasonable, or is that not so patronising and rude, given that I've always taken her problems so seriously? Getting bored af of my friends lately, feels like I give a lot and get shit all back lately. Not asking you to do anything amazing for me, but don't dismiss my problems and then chat about irrelevant shit in the groupchat like I'm invisible, you know?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

Don'tlookEthel

Received a message from my son's nursery detailing that on friday, for a lunchtime trek through the woods 'we suggest just a small packed lunch of 'sammies, crisps, and a drink'.
When I asked what 'sammies' were they responded with 'sandwiches of course' followed by this emoji 🤷‍♀️

So bloody rude!! ...or maybe I'm just over sensitive
It's rude, and why don't they just write proper English instead of trying to be cute? it's confusing, not all their parents will be English as first language speakers or may have a level reading difficulty such as dyslexia. The nursery are foolish

pinksunsetx91

VIP Member
My mum comes up and moans about my brother then my brother comes up and moans about my mum. I’m actually sick of listening to it, through in the mix a dad who shows no interest in mine or my kids life as he’s too busy putting his girlfriends first like he has done since I was 12. Sick of the lot of them

• Sad

Maid22

VIP Member
Folks who lie, I show them literal evidence of it, but they still believe what they've said. Does my head in.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Received a message from my son's nursery detailing that on friday, for a lunchtime trek through the woods 'we suggest just a small packed lunch of 'sammies, crisps, and a drink'.
When I asked what 'sammies' were they responded with 'sandwiches of course' followed by this emoji 🤷‍♀️

So bloody rude!! ...or maybe I'm just over sensitive
No, it's rude.

• Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
That my husband wants to play on his games console till the early hours rather than spend time with me.

• Sad
SOME XL bully owners.
I don't agree with what's going on at all (any dog can be dangerous if the owner is a cnut) but don't go on about "other bad owners ruining it for my lil fluffy woofy" when you've illegally mutilated its ears (they're not all rescues that where like that when you got it) and got an industrial iron fresh of the titanic's anchor round its neck.

• Heart

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
How I don’t ever feel 100%, it’s so annoying. I feel ill, but I also don’t? It’s like I have an infection and my body is trying to fight but never fully gets rid of it but it never fully gets worse. I can’t articulate what I mean but it’s really getting me down.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
I'd made plans with a friend two weeks ago for this week, and when I asked her yesterday about what time we were seeing each other Friday (like we had agreed) she goes: "oh sorry, I have a (first) date. "

We had said Friday. Like couldn't she have chosen a different day? I have the weekend fully booked otherwise .

I hate how this society has taught most people to prioritize romantic relationships (or the possibility of them since it's a first date not even something tested) over everything else.

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
So tired of people not staying home when they're ill. "Don't worry, it's not covid". Oh great, cause I don't want your covid but I totally want your stupid bronchitis.
'oh don't worry, it's just a cold'

Ugh exactly? I feel crap when I get a cold and usually need to be off sick of work as I can't look at screens so no, don't want a bloody cold either

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Someone left a tub of Roses and a tub of Celebrations in work in the staff room. I’m on my break so I thought get in, I’ll have some Roses. Love the strawberry ones, was expecting to nick all them ones before anyone else got there first. Anyway, just opened the tub of Roses - no Roses to be seen whatsoever and it was just filled with Aldi own caramel wafers 😭😭😂😂 disappointed ain’t the word!!

• Haha

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
How I cannot seem to sleep through the night for the life of me. 5hrs of sleep, then wake up and struggle to go back to sleep until my alarm. Seeing 2am, 3am or 4am in the clock all the time just isn’t it

• Sad

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I feel like me and one of my good friends aren't as close as we were and I'm annoying myself thinking about it. Over the last few years she has got married and had a baby and I'm not at that stage and I'm not sure if that's the reason but all of a sudden whenever I text her it goes unanswered for a few months, I make the effort to travel to see her but she doesn't see me even when I know she's been visiting my city etc.

I sent her a birthday card and a happy birthday text a week ago and although she's been online she hasn't replied. We've been friends for over 20 years and used to go on holiday together and stayed over each other's houses often, we were really close. I know people drift apart but it's so much more difficult making friends when you're older so losing a friendship that you've had for most of your life is hard.

• Sad
  • Heart

malibu skies

VIP Member
It’s so bloody hot and I’m all sweaty and disgusting, yet everywhere I go people are wearing their winter coats

Reactions: 4