Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

malibu skies

VIP Member
You know those days where you have to admit that maybe you’re the problem because you despise everyone and everything? That’s how I feel today

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

malibu skies

VIP Member
When did people get so loud? Admittedly I am at my peak PMS today but it feels like people in Starbucks are shouting at each other rather than talking. And the girl at the next table has a cackle so loud I’m surprised you all can’t hear it across the country.

Reactions: 7

pinkmug

VIP Member
I'd made plans with a friend two weeks ago for this week, and when I asked her yesterday about what time we were seeing each other Friday (like we had agreed) she goes: "oh sorry, I have a (first) date. "

We had said Friday. Like couldn't she have chosen a different day? I have the weekend fully booked otherwise .

I hate how this society has taught most people to prioritize romantic relationships (or the possibility of them since it's a first date not even something tested) over everything else.
I'd be angry too, especially ditching plans that you've made in advance for someone she barely knows.
_____

I'm annoyed by people in general, especially in the office. I feel suffocated by the noise, the lack of manners, the sensory overload and everything in between. I need to isolate myself for a good 6 months but I can't do that because the job market is in shambles and the odds of me finding another job with similar pay and flexibilities is nonexistent. I'm burnt out and a couple of co-workers acting like baboons on crack in a tiny open office doesn't help. I hate that some peace and quiet is too much to ask for.

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
I moaned about Amazon in last thread, it's still going on, they have the worst customer service ever, I've ended up repeating my complaint to 3 different people so far today :mad:

• Sad
  • Heart

qwikti

Chatty Member
So seven of us chip in together for Disney+. It’s paid yearly and due soon, so account holder has messaged asking for payment of £13.30 each.

£13.30 x 7 = £93.10
The subscription is £79.99 per year. Should be £11.74 each.
If you divide it by 6 people, it’s £13.33 each.
So effectively we’re paying for her to have it for free.

I know it’s saving us a huge chunk of money each year but is it just me that finds that really cheeky?
Not just you. It's really cheeky, especially if the whole point is you're trying to save money. She'd have to argue she's got a 12 quid fee for doing the oh so laborious task of asking people for money for a service that she very much intends to enjoy and use...

If it were me, I'd message and ask if someone dropped out of the pool with all kisses and emojis, acting innocent, to just figure out what the hell she's up to. It might only be 2ish quid more for you, but it's the principle.

Tanne1999

VIP Member
Being spoken to like shit by customers all day every day! People think they can talk to you how they like because you work in a call centre.

I’m practically tee-total, have been for a few years after being borderline alcoholic. I only have one or two drinks when I really fancy one/special occasions.
Today is the first time in a long time I’ve wanted to drink to numb the pain/relieve stress.

Laid here at 2am silently crying and feeling anxious about what tomorrow is going to be like.

• Sad
  • Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
Really sick people coming to the office. Do they think they're indispensable? Stay the heck home, people.

Don'tlookEthel

I'm just been added to my sister in laws hen-do whatsapp group, a load of people I barely know introducing themselves to each other and its so FUN and KOOKY its killing me. I want to introduce myself honestly but I don't think saying 'I hate the groom, don't like the bride much either and I think the wedding is a bollocks idea' will go down well

• Haha

goldengyal

How unbelievably dense some of my child-free friends can be.

We are planning a friend’s birthday and someone suggested a karaoke bar. We’re all down so start researching places and eventually go to book somewhere. When it comes down to sorting numbers the lead organiser (who doesn’t have kids) asks those of us with kids if we are going to bring them along. Baring in mind the booking is at 8pm on a Saturday night in a 18+ karaoke bar.

No babes, we won’t be bringing any 2 year olds along.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
My other half. I wrapped all his gifts and put them under the tree on Dec 4th because I knew he would need reminding to buy presents for people (me) and I thought they would act as a physical reminder. I also said as much to him. There have been a few convos about presents (just small things, doing stockings only, no 'big [spenny] presents) between then and now but all he's wrapped is a book for his dad. Today there was another conversation as the cat tried to open one of his presents to which I said "you still need to get mine" and so he put his coat on and went to the high street! I could cry. There are no decent shops here, just 'amenities' (supermarket, card shop, betting shop etc) so it will just be tat. This isn't about the THINGS it is about the THOUGHT. Dreading Christmas now.

Yes I'm a materialistic bitch and gifts are my love language.

• Heart

houdini

VIP Member
My inability to sleep after an argument with my partner. He’s snoring away on the couch and I’m left to stay awake all night because he refused to talk to me about it after I finally got our daughter to sleep. Which is literally the only opportunity we get to talk everyday! So instead of resolving it like adults when we have a chance we’ll end up arguing in front of her again tomorrow. I feel like such a failure. She deserves better.

• Sad
  • Heart

malibu skies

VIP Member
Public bathrooms. I just want some privacy and not have other people hear me pee etc
I think I have a touch of food poisoning or something because my stomach is cramping and making all kinds of weird noises. I had a horrible time at work today because I had other stomach bug/food poisoning issues and it’s just not what you want in a cubicle with other people 2 feet away from you 😔

• Sad

Tanne1999

VIP Member
People who vape indoors, (I don’t care about in their own homes, I mean in public). Currently sat in a cafe and someone has whipped their vape out and is making huge clouds with it. People have told the staff, (who keep vanishing out back), but nothing being done 😡

I vape and would never have the brass to do it in a closed public space!

• Angry

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I just had an Asda shopping delivery and the fabric conditioner I had ordered had leaked all over one of the trays of shopping so most of the shopping was drenched in fabric conditioner 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow

HelloStereo

VIP Member
My friend, but it is more upsetting than annoying.

We've been friends for almost 20 years, and we used to live near to each other and saw each other every day. For the past 16 years or so we have not lived close to each other but still kept in touch all the time and would stay at each other's house throughout the year, go on holiday together, day trips etc. We were close and it was a great friendship, we never had a cross word to say to each other and supported each other through difficult times.

A few years ago I noticed she was a bit distant. She'd not reply to text messages for a long time, and then come back and apologise saying it was hectic with moving etc. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought once things had settled down normal communication would resume.

Fast forward a year and a bit and it hasn't. I send her a message and it is left unread for months. For her birthday I sent a card and a text, she replied to the text the next day thanking me and asking how I am, I replied and she left it unread for two months.

It feels like the only time she really gets back to me now is when she has something to tell me. New house, getting married, baby etc. Yet whenever I reply it goes unanswered. She's stopped making an excuse now and will not even address my past text messages or why she's not replied in so long, she will instead just give her update.

She messaged me a few days ago with more news and ended by saying "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages 🙁."

It's true, we haven't. I'd love to go and visit her but I barely ever hear from her. Before when she would ask how I was I'd be honest and give her an update on what's going on in my life etc but it hurt when she didn't even acknowledge my replies so whenever she asks now I just say "I'm fine thank you, how are you?" She doesn't really know anything about my life / me anymore. She tells me all what's going on with her but she has nothing to ask me about, she just asks how work is and generic things.

I'm trying to think of how to reply to the message but haven't found the right words yet.

• Heart
  • Sad

QueenBW

VIP Member
So tired of people not staying home when they're ill. "Don't worry, it's not covid". Oh great, cause I don't want your covid but I totally want your stupid bronchitis.