Whatmummymakes #3 Crispy hair and close up shots, how many times can you pop to the shops?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really can’t get my head around this whole situation. If the husband is happy to remain in the background for privacy or whatever, why is he seemingly ok for Nina to pushed to the centre? Especially with the amount of personal things that Rebecca shares about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Her hair looks nice and she’s in an independent cafe promising to proof read the next book are things looking up now?
Might we have to change the title of the next tread to Becky with the good hair?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Her hair looks nice and she’s in an independent cafe promising to proof read the next book are things looking up now?
Might we have to change the title of the next tread to Becky with the good hair?
I actually had to go on and see for myself 😂 you're right, her hair actually looks decent!! 😲 now of she could just stop the close up face boomerangs... 🤞😂

Reactions: 2
Her hair will be back to the dry shampoo frizz in w couple of days.

Reactions: 3
I mean if I was to cook the latest fridge raid dinner that would be a proper one off meal because it’s so calorific. I can understand if it was served with half a plate of broccoli but just that alone Jesus. And I was worried about my kids just wanting carbs. Now I know it’s okay.

She’s definitely reading on here if she’s in an independent coffee shop for the first time ever. 👋

Reactions: 7
I don’t why but it annoys me how hard she tries to make it out how she is the best mum ever and her and Nina are sooooooo close.

Reactions: 11
I mean if I was to cook the latest fridge raid dinner that would be a proper one off meal because it’s so calorific. I can understand if it was served with half a plate of broccoli but just that alone Jesus. And I was worried about my kids just wanting carbs. Now I know it’s okay.
Do you know what? I make a mascarpone spaghetti for my 20 month old like this, without the butter, I add whole milk, chicken, grated mushrooms, chopped spinach and grated broccoli. But it’s because he really needs the calories! He’s non stop, so active and I’ve got to pump fats in anywhere I can haha!

Reactions: 5
I don’t why but it annoys me how hard she tries to make it out how she is the best mum ever and her and Nina are sooooooo close.
I think it’s because it’s not realistic or healthy at all what she tries to portray. Like I know I’m a good mum. Of course I am because my daughter is loved, cared for and all of her needs are met; however, I wouldn’t enjoy spending every second of my time with her, because I’m not just a mother. What I think Rebecca seems to try to portray is that her entire existence is all about being mum and it’s that, that makes you a good mum only, and if you’re not doing that or wanting to be like that, then you’re not doing it right. That is NOT normal nor should it be. What makes me a good mum is not publicly shaming my daughter, forcing her to eat, forcing her to be repeatedly posted on a public profile, forcing her to spend all her time with me and not friends her own age to play with.
We’re all amazing mums so don’t let Rebecca ever make you feel less. 💗💙

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Compared to me shes quite young, my kids are older and I’m in my 40s. As she gets older her metabolism is going to slow down BIG TIME. If Rebecca wants to carry on carb loading every day she’ll need to massively increase her exercise or she’ll be enormous I’m sorry to say. I gain 5lbs just looking at that pasta 🤣

Reactions: 6
I think it’s because it’s not realistic or healthy at all what she tries to portray. Like I know I’m a good mum. Of course I am because my daughter is loved, cared for and all of her needs are met; however, I wouldn’t enjoy spending every second of my time with her, because I’m not just a mother. What I think Rebecca seems to try to portray is that her entire existence is all about being mum and it’s that, that makes you a good mum only, and if you’re not doing that or wanting to be like that, then you’re not doing it right. That is NOT normal nor should it be. What makes me a good mum is not publicly shaming my daughter, forcing her to eat, forcing her to be repeatedly posted on a public profile, forcing her to spend all her time with me and not friends her own age to play with.
This is the nicest post thank you!! You are so right - I feel she basically makes her whole personality built around being a mum - and that’s it. Everything goes back to that - it’s not natural. Even down to making it like it’s just her and Nina is so weird.

• Heart
100% agree with all of this.

It also doesn't make you a bad mother to be desperate to get away from your kids from time to time...it makes you a normal adult who needs adult company. No mother has to spend 24/7 with their child - in fact I think it doesn't help the child at all to do that!

Totally! Time away from your babies/ kids actually keeps you sane haha.
Can you imagine Rebecca though when Nina is grown and wants a life of her own. Gosh, what will Rebecca do then!

Reactions: 4
Do you know what? I make a mascarpone spaghetti for my 20 month old like this, without the butter, I add whole milk, chicken, grated mushrooms, chopped spinach and grated broccoli. But it’s because he really needs the calories! He’s non stop, so active and I’ve got to pump fats in anywhere I can haha!
Oh for sure my two are like rakes honestly and they do eat a lot but I’m also very conscious about Hitting the right macros for their ages, i think aiming for a balanced meal is always good but from what I’ve seen her go to meal is a cheese sauce pasta

Reactions: 2
I often wonder if Rebecca has a strained or problematic relationship with her own mother which is why she’s so desperate to portray this picture perfect relationship with her own daughter.
She also never mentions Ninis grandparents (either side of the family) which I find strange considering she’s happy to post everything else and dragging her off to see the two guys who are renovating or whatever. I’m happy to be correct if I’m wrong, I only dip in and out of her content

Reactions: 4
Oh for sure my two are like rakes honestly and they do eat a lot but I’m also very conscious about Hitting the right macros for their ages, i think aiming for a balanced meal is always good but from what I’ve seen her go to meal is a cheese sauce pasta
I didn’t realise we had macros to follow for toddlers?! My toddler won’t eat any veg unless blended I’ve no hope

Reactions: 1
I didn’t realise we had macros to follow for toddlers?! My toddler won’t eat any veg unless blended I’ve no hope
For sure there’s always guidelines on what babies and toddlers are reccomended to consume, for example protein for a 3 year old is 16g a day average ( maybe I’m just quite interested as we’re all veggies so it’s important for us to make sure we’re not deficient in anything, protein and iron etc )

It’s also reccomended by the nhs ( not the holy grail) that you switch from full fat if your toddler is/has gained weight well. But if they need the extra calories stick to full fat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.