WhatMummyMakes #13 "Got rid of the spouse, Butchering the house, obsessed with a brambly mouse"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"a beautiful photo of her & her mother, at close range of both their nostrils."

Howling 😂
I doff my hat to you

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm sorry beck but if you was making sure already that nina is watching age appropriate tele, the santa issue wouldn't come up. It's only because you think it's cute to watch stuff like the gilmore girls and Downton, that you have to worry they might let slip the truth because its NOT FOR KIDS

Reactions: 9
The Wilson Gals household on Christmas morning:

Nini comes floating down the stairs wearing a vintage nightie (size 7/8) clutching her Christmas pixie (from Etsy £84) and gasps in delight seeing an array of Christmas presents under her ornately decorating tree (with rotting gingerbread advent calendar cookies)
“Ol’ Saint Nicholas has been mama! I’ve been ever such a good girl” she says with her cheeks flushing hypertension pink as her golden curls sway.
Mother Beckington, not too far behind, clutching a hot cup of (gifted) Tassimo coffee with extra syrup, extra cream & extra marshmallows in one hand and her phone in another “lets capture your delight for my Instagram page!” She chortles.
As Nina plonks herself down next to a crackling fireplace, snow is falling heavy outside and mother Becky’s doppelgängers, the next door cows, peek in through the window.
nina opens her first present, it’s a package of dried fruits, wrapped so lovingly in muslin cloth. “Oh I LOVE IT” screams Nina. This is followed by a satsuma, a do it yourself mocktail kit & a beautiful photo of her & her mother, at close range of both their nostrils. “ oh mama, this is fabulous! I shall hang it on my gallery wall with all the other 6540 identical photos!”
“Oh but I have another suprise for u” wheezes mother becky as she chomps on a Buck’s Fizz pinwheel. She hands Nina a beautifully wrapped present, and the wrapping paper looks a bit chewed. “Oh that’s just Leopold our garage rat, he got to the present first but it’s still fine”
Nina unwraps a beautiful tatted & faded wooden doll, (u know the ones u buy from the magazines which are for display purposes only) “oh mama, it’s just what I wanted! The lead paint on the face is the cherry on top!”
Becky points the camera at them both, “merry Christmas, and god bless us, everyone!”

Epilogue:

“will I see papa at all…”
“PIPE DOWN, insolent child. Children should only be seen (on my Instagram) NOT heard”
This is amazing………………anyone else strangely intrigued by Buck’s Fizz pinwheels though?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So Nina is so much more in tune this year that she’s questioning the existence of Santa, but apparently believes that a toy pixie peeled her satsuma?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm sorry beck but if you was making sure already that nina is watching age appropriate tele, the santa issue wouldn't come up. It's only because you think it's cute to watch stuff like the gilmore girls and Downton, that you have to worry they might let slip the truth because its NOT FOR KIDS
What is she on about?!
Sure, some Christmas films might have a cold questioning things but then isn't the whole point of a kids Christmas film to reaffirm the magic and keep it alive?

She's so strange, titanic = fine but a kids Christmas film isn't?
Also, what 5 year old would be ok with their parent randomly muting a film or turning it off midway through?

Reactions: 11
What Christmas films aimed at kids question if Santa is real or not in a serious way? Would genuinely like to know.

Reactions: 6
Oh yes. Another of these deep and meaningful conversations that never happened…..
Nina: ‘mummy… how does…..’
Becky: ‘shush, mummy’s watching television. Have another Celebration.’
nina: ‘aren’t we saving those for Christmas?’
Becky: ‘don’t be ridiculous Nini. I’ve got another 12 tubs, 8 tins of Quality Street and 37 Chocolate Oranges in the cupboard for Christmas.’

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I need to know what the stupid elf did this morning that left Panetonini misty eyed with the wonder of Christmas. Hump a banana?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Who vets childrens Christmas films, made specifically for children…. But still watches Downton & titanic & doesn’t question those?
If only u put as much concern into your adult activities which involve Nina, like coffee dates & trips to the nail salon & wandering around boring antique shops.
can u imagine becky in the cinema with ninatoni watching an Xmas film? If she starting humming and singing lalalala in the middle of a film I would deck her. Stupid bint.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What Christmas films aimed at kids question if Santa is real or not in a serious way? Would genuinely like to know.
Polar express is about "believers", sure Arthur christmas brings up the "believing" topic too. As much as I can't stand Bex, I've thought this about some Christmas films too

Reactions: 3
The Santa clause has quite a lot of non-believing stuff in it too. However whilst all these films do mention the not believing thing, they all reaffirm that Santa is real in the end! Surely Nina will just be binge watching downton abbey Christmas specials anyway. Does Gilmore girls have any festive episodes?

Reactions: 6
The whole switching a film off halfway through and saying she doesn’t want to watch it any more reinforces what a control freak she is, surely it’s more about what Panetonini wants to do?? 🤔

Reactions: 10
The whole switching a film off halfway through and saying she doesn’t want to watch it any more reinforces what a control freak she is, surely it’s more about what Panetonini wants to do?? 🤔
exactly, when my kids r sitting & watching kids xmas films, that’s my free time! I go n do everything I need to do away from them & the tv. Does she actually sit & watch every single thing with Nina?
Maybe the film industry needs to release new Rebecca Wilson age rating & classification “T”.
for twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
exactly, when my kids r sitting & watching kids xmas films, that’s my free time! I go n do everything I need to do away from them & the tv. Does she actually sit & watch every single thing with Nina?
Maybe the film industry needs to release new Rebecca Wilson age rating & classification “T”.
for twit.
Yes but that’s because you probably have a real job. She has Nina in school five days a week, yet seems to swan about to five different costas and then obsesses over drawer handles for six hours. She has plenty of time to do her chores during the week

Reactions: 8
Reminds me of Phoebe in Friends and her mum always stopping films before a sad ending!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.