WhatMummyMakes #13 "Got rid of the spouse, Butchering the house, obsessed with a brambly mouse"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Santa clause has quite a lot of non-believing stuff in it too. However whilst all these films do mention the not believing thing, they all reaffirm that Santa is real in the end! Surely Nina will just be binge watching downton abbey Christmas specials anyway. Does Gilmore girls have any festive episodes?
I did think the Santa clause but as you say in the end it refirms he is real! Yes there are quite a few episodes set at Christmas/winter time but no specific ‘Christmas specials’ .

Polar express is about "believers", sure Arthur christmas brings up the "believing" topic too. As much as I can't stand Bex, I've thought this about some Christmas films too
Good to know, never seen this! I have quite a limited Christmas film repertoire lol!

Reactions: 1
The Christmas chronicles is like that at first but then it reaffirms Santa is real, I don't think kids register though I thought about if they would question why there are so many versions of the north pole or Santa etc but mine have never asked. My son has started to question how he can possibly deliver presents in one night when it takes 8 hours to get to America but I explained that with time difference 😂

• Haha
If the other has her every weekend she must be so bored and lonely during that time.
I always feel like my weekends isthe time I spend with my kids because during the week it literally is just
drop off at nursery
Work
Pick up from nursery
Tea bath bed

I feel like the weekends is the quality time.

I wonder if the other had to fight for custody or something? If I were her I’dmuch prefer a week on / week off or something 50/50

maybe the set up like that is coz she doesn’t technically have a ‘full time job’ per se.
it doesn’t change things for her regardless, she drags Nina to all her little outings during the weekday after school anyway.
I reckon she probably has Nina 1 weekend a month or something and the other has her the rest of the weekends.

Reactions: 4
I don’t feel sorry for her. She pretended for so long not to have a husband when she actually did, and now she can face the actual reality of what that is actually like, not all the Gilmore girl fantasy she’d like to think it is. Plus you can bet she pushed away 99% of the people in her life to dedicate herself to her best friend aka mynini.

Reactions: 19
Praying someone asks her about “tackling Christmas as a single mum”! Love to see what she’d say

Reactions: 5
I just wanted a break from social media to spend with Nina, yeah right Bex, you do this every weekend now so you can carefully create this fake life where Nina's dad doesn't exist and you can make it look like shes spent all weekend with you because God forbid you admit you now have to share her time 🙄.

Reactions: 14
God why she gotta b back with q&as
Nina has a macaroni Cheese for xmas. Surprise expect Ninas fussy so she does this, while giving people who worry about how not to make their kids fussy advice 🙄🙄🙄
I swear salt is 1g or something like that strictly a day? I only just weaned really its hard to do .. but dont tell people 1 salty meal is fine 😬

Reactions: 5
As someone who’s parents split up when I was very young and it was tit, she really riles me with this pretending Nina doesn’t have a dad rubbish. Makes you wonder what she’s actually like at home and what impact that’s having on Nina.
People do split, it’s a fact of life. It has no bearing on your success or ability to be a weaning ‘oracle’ and would come across so much more relatable if she had actually embraced it. A false narrative on the internet just makes you look like a tit Bex 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I cannot stand the way she clings on to Pajini in these god awful selfies. Talk about disrespecting her personal space.

Reactions: 9
I cannot stand the way she clings on to Pajini in these god awful selfies. Talk about disrespecting her personal space.
She looks like she’s forcibly holding her there against her will every time!
Not to mention those grabby nails - can’t say they must be very hygienic for someone so big unimportant in the cookery world

Reactions: 7
She looks like she’s forcibly holding her there against her will every time!
Not to mention those grabby nails - can’t say they must be very hygienic for someone so big unimportant in the cookery world
My lo is same age as Nina. I’ve taught her to express her feelings no matter how uncomfortable they make others feel. I’m not raising her to be a ppl pleaser. If a family member wants a hug n she doesn’t, she can be confident in saying no. I ask her consent b4 taking piks. Sometimes she says no & that’s ok. She initiates most of the selfies she takes with me n they r in her style. I can confirm we don’t have 15000 selfies close up of our faces like Rebecca.
I wish Rebecca would afford Nina the privilege of growing up as her own person. Not a defacto carer for Becky when she’s too big to get out of her bed in a few years.

Reactions: 10
My lo is same age as Nina. I’ve taught her to express her feelings no matter how uncomfortable they make others feel. I’m not raising her to be a ppl pleaser. If a family member wants a hug n she doesn’t, she can be confident in saying no. I ask her consent b4 taking piks. Sometimes she says no & that’s ok. She initiates most of the selfies she takes with me n they r in her style. I can confirm we don’t have 15000 selfies close up of our faces like Rebecca.
I wish Rebecca would afford Nina the privilege of growing up as her own person. Not a defacto carer for Becky when she’s too big to get out of her bed in a few years.
I completely agree with and applaud you for that. Mine is younger but I instill consent too - telling family they can’t just grab for a cuddle etc and must always ask so LO can have the ability to say yes or no.
Perhaps Nina doesn’t want this twee lifestyle from years gone by. Becky is projecting so much of her own, perhaps wants and lost childhood (?) onto Nina and forcing her to live out something she may well not want but puts up with to please Becky and because she knows no different. Sad for her

• Heart
Reactions: 8
100% this. It’s so important that children have autonomy over their own bodies. And in turn have respect for others. We had a play date today and my 4.5y old wanted to hug his friend goodbye, but remembered to ask her permission first. She said no, so he blew her a kiss instead. We had a chat about it on the way home because he felt sad that she didn’t want to hug him, but I was able to tell him how proud I was that he respected her body and her choice.
I genuinely fear for Nina that she will grow up with such an unhealthy view of consent and it makes me so angry that her mother isn’t protecting her from potential abuse and manipulation.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
100% this. It’s so important that children have autonomy over their own bodies. And in turn have respect for others. We had a play date today and my 4.5y old wanted to hug his friend goodbye, but remembered to ask her permission first. She said no, so he blew her a kiss instead. We had a chat about it on the way home because he felt sad that she didn’t want to hug him, but I was able to tell him how proud I was that he respected her body and her choice.
I genuinely fear for Nina that she will grow up with such an unhealthy view of consent and it makes me so angry that her mother isn’t protecting her from potential abuse and manipulation.
Well done on raising your boy right. Massive respect.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.