WhatMummyMakes #13 "Got rid of the spouse, Butchering the house, obsessed with a brambly mouse"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another anti Christmas eve box person here 🙋🏽‍♀️
I'm fully on board with Christmas eve traditions but the whole consumerism of it all really annoys me. That's exactly why companies push it, so they get MORE money and then social media makes parents feel guilty they aren't doing it.

Saw a stressed looking Becky pulling in to the busy retail park earlier, thought she’d be all organised!
Absolutely love this! Serves her right for not taking advantage of going when Panini is at school. Oh wait, but she works then........ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
Saw a stressed looking Becky pulling in to the busy retail park earlier, thought she’d be all organised!
Bet there’ll be no mention of that on her stories. Just a cosy day at home watching Christmas films, drinking hot chocolate

Bet there’ll be no mention of that on her stories. Just a cosy day at home watching Christmas films, drinking hot chocolate
And making mince pies… 😅😅

The tit tiles make me really annoyed, I think of all the annoyances over the years, that is what is going to make me unfollow her 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wonder if the lack of Nina photos means she's actually with the other, wouldn't put it past Bex to fake having her.

No Christmas Eve boxes in our house either, i buy Xmas pjs to wear throughout December then presents on Xmas day, a load of home bargains tat in a box is unnecessary, in my opinion.

Reactions: 8
I've always done my girls a box on Xmas eve literally containing a Xmas book(sometimes new sometimes one from their shelf) new pj's and usually a gingerbread house to make or similar. It's more of a how we spend our Xmas eve thing doing nice creative stuff and reading Xmas stories to get in the mood for the big day.

Something else Bex seems to not know about food - mince pies are poisonous to cats/dogs. Don’t joke about it as half your bloody followers will think they’re fine 🙈

• Wow
I feel a bit bad for her I think Nina's at the others, there's been no matching pyjama selfies etc just Nina still fully dressed with her mince pie probably taken earlier, they maybe share the day so Bex gets to feed her. A lot of people will be in the same boat and I think I'd find that hard but she just acts as if the other has zero contact. Those stockings though are hideous

I've always done my girls a box on Xmas eve literally containing a Xmas book(sometimes new sometimes one from their shelf) new pj's and usually a gingerbread house to make or similar. It's more of a how we spend our Xmas eve thing doing nice creative stuff and reading Xmas stories to get in the mood for the big day.
Exactly, it doesn’t have to be expensive to join in with these things. Mine include a variety of Christmas crafts, colouring books, biscuits. Plate set I get out every year. I’ve also reused their Christmas pjs from last year as they still fit.
they sit in the kitchen with me doing their crafts while I prep the dinner for the next day.

Reactions: 5
I always had a gift to open on Christmas Eve so I’ve done the same with my kids - nothing amazing, just a Christmas book, a decoration for the tree and a chocolate orange. The over the top nonsense annoys me.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1828134

Ugh, this is the worst, when you’re at someone’s house and they let their child pick all of the good bits out of the serving bowl. Usually with their grubby little bare hands. Probably practically crawling across the table, hair dangling across the food. I hate it when my friends let their children do this. Height of poor manners and gives me the right ick
I thought exactly this!!! So disgusting and yea bad manners! If you are excited that they are trying it just chop up some extra for them - don’t let them rifle through the salad bowl!
The kitchen looks so awful, the worktop doesn’t go with the units, the tiles are awful and wonky and the cooker matches nothing! It’s like 3 different kitchens mashed together.

also usual tone deaf Bex showing Nina getting an OTT Christmas Eve box. We do one just because my son was given a personalised one. But he just gets PJs and / or a book, maybe a cheap craft and a few candy canes. I also put reindeer antlers which are the same ones every year. Becky has such a platform to say it’s about family and traditions and instead just goes for the gluttony in every aspect of life.

Yeah I reckon Nina was at the others last night… very suspiciously quiet from bex on the Nina front. Knowing how else she normally plasters Nina over her social media I can’t help thinking she must be with the other instead.

Reactions: 4
Wonder if bex had anyone else round other than her and Nina…. That was a MOUNTAIN of food they had….

I think Nina was at the others for lunch... Hence no photos of Nina having Xmas lunch. She'll share the dinner photos tomorrow or later today.

That plate though.... It's not a competition to try to get the highest amount of fat in one sitting 🤮

Reactions: 9
A sandwich with a slice of bread in the middle? What the hell is wrong with this woman?

• Sick
A sandwich with a slice of bread in the middle? What the hell is wrong with this woman?
She's just taken the idea from Friends, her whole life is her just trying to mash together Friends, Gilmore Girls and Brambly Hedge into what she considers the ideal life.

Reactions: 10
Also, the ironic part is that middle bit of bread didn't look very "moist" either. I bet anyone else posting that would have put a "iykyk" thing or a Friends gif or something like that because not everyone has seen Friends.

It also baffles me that with her "cooking experience" she didn't maybe do a series of prepping for Christmas dinner in the days /weeks to come to make it an easy day for parents on the day and to be able to spend more time with the children. She can't even say it was because she had no kitchen. But then I forget she basically just adds cheese or pastry to anything and everything so that's all she can advise.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.