WhatMummyMakes #10 Hello from the other siiiiide ... I have a husband that I hiiiiiiiiide.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her 4 year old watched Titanic ??? Is she actually bleeping unhinged?
She's a freak! The other really needs to grow some balls and step in and tell her that Nina is 4. Why she is not sticking frozen on for the millionth time? I'll never understand that woman.

Reactions: 15
TITANIC??? is she for real 😮 I only just let my daughter watch that at 11 even then I was a bit worried if it would really upset her, wow that is bad absolutely not appropriate for a 4 year old at all
Genuinely the more I think about it the more appalled I am. I’m a teacher and have had to speak to parents about watching inappropriate things before…they might think it’s harmless but also clearly know sod all about child development. As someone said above, you would have to fast forward basically the whole thing for it to be ok. Who wants to show a four year old someone running round with a gun, terrified children on lifeboats crying for their daddy, the rising water levels, the hundreds of people screaming and drowning in the dark?! It’s really damaging.

Nini might claim to have enjoyed it Becky, but she absolutely will be thinking about it when she wakes up in the night and her subconscious will certainly be filing it away as fear fodder. Becky’s ignorance here goes beyond a joke - you are genuinely not looking after your own child and I think it’s disgusting. I can laugh about things like Downton, and think it’s a shame she is encouraging Nina to say she loves people etc, but if I had Nina coming into my Reception class and demonstrating any behaviour she had seen from these things she is watching, I would be monitoring her very closely indeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I remember going to watch titanic at the cinema, aged 12 roughly. Over 25yrs later, I still think about the old couple on the bed scene about once a week and only yesterday saw a clip on tv and it was when the ship tips up and sinks, and people are flying off the deck into wreckage and the water.
Ive never re watched the film as an adult, as great a film as it is, it’s so sad I can’t bear it. yeah, I’m a bit of a softie and too sensitive to stuff like that but the thought of watching that at 4 🤦‍♀️ That’s just traumatising (plus it’s long as hell, did that poor child really sit that long engrossed?)
This woman is not right in the head - all the twee, famous five style talk is stomach churning but the way she treats this child is unhealthy. I have a child about to start reception and all I want for him is to just play and be a kid as long as possible, this ‘grow your own best friend’ situation is weird

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I remember going to watch titanic at the cinema, aged 12 roughly. Over 25yrs later, I still think about the old couple on the bed scene about once a week and only yesterday saw a clip on tv and it was when the ship tips up and sinks, and people are flying off the deck into wreckage and the water.
Ive never re watched the film as an adult, as great a film as it is, it’s so sad I can’t bear it. yeah, I’m a bit of a softie and too sensitive to stuff like that but the thought of watching that at 4 🤦‍♀️ That’s just traumatising (plus it’s long as hell, did that poor child really sit that long engrossed?)
This woman is not right in the head - all the twee, famous five style talk is stomach churning but the way she treats this child is unhealthy. I have a child about to start reception and all I want for him is to just play and be a kid as long as possible, this ‘grow your own best friend’ situation is weird
I could have written this post - the old couple in the bed really got me as a 11 year old when I watched it for the first time and literally is one of the reasons I’ve not watched it as an adult. It’s one of the saddest films I’ve ever watched - yes it’s a great film, but bloody traumatic - especially if you are very sensitive! I’m actually still so shocked she watched this with Nina - it’s awful parenting. She must have had a flood of DM’s saying it’s not appropriate- I’m tempted myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How to give a 4yo a phobia of the sea & boats, force them to watch titanic with your knobhead overbearing mother

• Sad
Reactions: 18
A lot of well deserved criticism aimed her Rebecca. However I also think Nina’s Dad is shocking. Why does he not step in ever to make sure his child is being exposed to suitable things, stop her mother from pulling her out of preschool just because she wants company, or make sure she’s bloody safeguarded online?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I call bullshit. No way Nina A FOUR YEAR OLD sat through a near 3 hour film and understand and was interested in it. Becki is a weirdo, her HUSBAND because yes she has one, is an weirdo also for allowing this stranger behaviour

Reactions: 17
I think you've all said it, there is no way Titanic is suitable for a 4 year old. You know they aren't children for long, her lack of friends is making her treat Nina like her peer not her daughter and it's so sad to see for Nina.

Reactions: 10
Your post is the EXACT reason we don't show kids these kinds of things at vulnerable ages. You as an adult have been affected, who knows how a four year olds thoughts are going to process horrifying things.

A four year old is not going to understand or appreciate (rightly so) the romantic aspects of the movie that makes it enjoyable for us ADULTS. Stupid woman

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Next week:

becky: I watched 50 shades of grey with my Nini but fast forwarded all the inappropriate bits!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Do certificates not apply to dear Nini? Or does she feel she’s turning her into a superior being with her bizarre film choices…

Reactions: 11
It’s just plain selfish behaviour- becky is watching titanic because she wants to, dragging nina around NT sites and to Adele concerns because that’s what she wants to do. Being a parent means making sacrifices. Watch frozen for the 100th time, and suck it up and go to a sticky soft play like the rest of us !

Reactions: 19
Also Titanic sucks.
At least make your kid suffer the Fox and the Hound like a true 90s survivor.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is there something wrong with this woman?

Ya face is da most annoying face in da world, u absolute bellend
F9A918F4-40CC-411E-968A-78E28F79BF87.png

Why is she playing ‘can’t help falling in love’ over a video of Nina? That’s not creepy at all

A gardener gave u poppy seeds to dry out andyou are wondering what u will get? Poppies perhaps?
1B046E72-69B9-47FD-8244-81C395F24BB7.png

Oh DO duck off becky you pretentious twit crumpet
66F1D32A-6452-4B80-9CC1-DB60C666E4E2.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Why is she so obsessed with posting her ginormous, fat-distorted face day in and day out?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.