What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is isn’t it? 😂
🤣🤣Its like when my mother whos 60 goes on about how she loved the bay city rollers!It came full circle the other day when scrubs by TLC came on the radio and I was singing away when my 8 year old asked me if this was a song from the olden days

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m 50 and my grandson (11) asked me if I knew black and white tv. And I had to tell him I did. Was fun watching snooker as a kid 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel old when I remember a time when people didn't take offence at perceived slights or didn't mind me saying Mr. Miss/Mrs/Ms etc. when addressing them.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
🤣🤣Its like when my mother whos 60 goes on about how she loved the bay city rollers!It came full circle the other day when scrubs by TLC came on the radio and I was singing away when my 8 year old asked me if this was a song from the olden days
One of my teens loves 90’s music. Now. But a couple of months ago when I was blasting out fatboy slim her attitude was along the lines of ‘please don’t mum 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m 50 and my grandson (11) asked me if I knew black and white tv. And I had to tell him I did. Was fun watching snooker as a kid 😂
My parents gave me an old Ken Hom cookbook that was one of those tv tie-ins and came with a cassette. My 4yo looked at said cassette like it was a completely alien object. “Oh, it’s like a CD”, I chirpily replied. “Mummy, what’s a DC?” 😬

I shouldn’t be surprised, though. This is the kid who’s perpetually surprised that our tv doesn’t work like an iPad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hearing a kid on the train asking his friend what’s the tv show called that he was watching on his phone. It was The Fresh Prince

My old boss went to a Mary J Blige concert in about 2016 and a girl younger than me asked me who that was

Both of these made me feel really old

Reactions: 1
My shift leader talking about celebrating his mum's 40th birthday over the week😯

• Wow
Listening to Desmond Dekker singing 'Israelites' on the radio and instantly replacing the lyrics with 'me ears are alight' 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Going to the doctors, or dentist, and realise the medic seeing to you & providing advice is younger than you.

When the doctor, surgeon etc doesn’t ask anymore if there’s a chance you could be pregnant. First time that happened for an x-Ray I got upset 🤣🤣. What an idiot

When my diary is full of medical appointments instead of hot dates or parties!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Just watching Sophie Ellis bextor dancing around the stage at the Isle of Wight festival in a pink glittery leotard looking fabulous
Not a day older than she did 20 years ago whilst I look like someone's gran (we are both the same age) 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.