What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking about things today. I feel old because of time I feel I wasted. It wasn’t all a waste because I learnt many lessons, but whilst I was learning lessons, people I loved had time against them and they are no longer here. This means my mum and my grandparents will never get to see me marry, if I ever do, because now I feel time is against me. I don’t regret the past, but I wish I’d learnt sooner that life isn’t ever promised. Realising that at this age, definitely makes me feel old, but I wouldn’t change that for anything.
Sorry to hear that ❤ they'll always be with you though in the important moments, even though they aren't physically there

Reactions: 4
Being closer in age to the love island contestants parents than the contestants themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I read a meme yesterday that said ‘1970 from 1918 is the same length of time as 1970 to 2022’. My brain can’t compute this. I was born in ‘72. I need sleep 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Shoes.
I have two knee replacements and arthritis in my feet so finding shoes that are comfortable and practical is difficult.
But the all look like old granny shoes! Someone must be able to design something with a bit of style
Look at the Hotter or Strive brands, they have sandals, shoes, trainers and boots, definitely not granny styles!

Reactions: 1
Young guy at work asked me if I'd heard of the band Queen and if I have listened to Muse
#old

• Haha
My 13 year old makes me feel old. She’s gorgeous and always glam and I feel like I’m ageing beside her.

I’m only 32 but she thought it was hilarious to point out that I was born in the 1900s and that the 1800s was only a 100 years before that 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Did you tell him you had seen them live 😁
Alas, I was only 2 when Freddie performed for the last time and have never seen Muse live ha ha. I do love their music tho!

My 13 year old makes me feel old. She’s gorgeous and always glam and I feel like I’m ageing beside her.

I’m only 32 but she thought it was hilarious to point out that I was born in the 1900s and that the 1800s was only a 100 years before that 😂😂
My oldest is nearly a teen and yes I feel very old next to her!
At her age I was getting coloured bands on my braces and mousing my hair within an inch of it's life! Hard and springy with a dead straight fringe.
My makeup was bright blue mascara and glitter eye shadow.

These days, the youngesters make up is better than mine has ever been!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thoughts like “If I can repurpose the right advent calendar as a pill organizer, I’ll be sorted for the month!”

• Haha
being horrified seeing girls going for nights out in skirts etc without tights in the winter and feeling horrified as I am wearing about a million layers of clothes, then realising I did exactly the same when I was young :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The fact that people born in 2000 are now 22 😳😂

also TikTok trends. They make me feel ancient

• Sad
Reactions: 9
We had a quiz at our work Christmas do last week and one of the questions was to do with naming Christmas number 1s. I had to explain to a much younger colleague what a Christmas number one was 🙈 and that people used to get really excited about it before X factor.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hello all, newbie here.
Realising the saying 'If I'd known then what I know now,' is so completely true.

I spoke to someone last week whose surname is Craven. I mentioned how I watched John Cravens Newsround as a kid…..blank face. She had absolutely no idea who I was on about 😂 I felt so old!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I mentioned I might watch Twin Peaks tonight and got a completely blank face from a 30 year old 😅

I've hit my 40s now. I don't dare mention This Life, he would say 'what?'

You tend to accumulate losses as you get older and miss the carefree attitude of being young. I also miss being pretty as vain as that is 😳

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.