What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enjoying radio 2 on a morning especially Popmaster and then thinking god these people don’t know anything about music (when they’re probably a lot older than I am) then it annoying me immensely when they get questions wrong that seem dead obvious to me lol.

Reactions: 10
Looking at my birth certificate not only makes me feel old, it proves it.😔
I got my bus pass last month so officially joined the oldies. :( I refuse to ask for the OAP discount meal at our local pub, that is a step too far!

ETA When people ask the ages of my children and I have to calculate and do the maths to arrive at their ages. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I got my bus pass last month so officially joined the oldies. :( I refuse to ask for the OAP discount meal at our local pub, that is a step too far!

ETA When people ask the ages of my children and I have to calculate and do the maths to arrive at their ages. Ridiculous.
Oo I love the oldies discount at pubs and always use it.

I feel old watching Glastonbury and not knowing who 95% of them are

Reactions: 3
OMG Thankfully, I found this thread today! What makes me feel old? It varies day by day so I could be back tomorrow 🤨but today it is the repetition on other threads- drives me berserk (is that an old word too) - Jesus, read the comments before you endlessly repeat them - oh and maybe quote and credit the person. Full Victor Meldrew - I used to be tolerant when young.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I bought my first hanging basket with beautiful flowers in it the other day and my daughter said I'm officially getting old 🙃
I asked my mum to help me put a hanging basket together recently. Partly because I suddenly really fancied one but am no gardner and partly to help cheer her up. She asked if I was having a midlife crisis 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oo I love the oldies discount at pubs and always use it.

I feel old watching Glastonbury and not knowing who 95% of them are
I was TV channel hopping and came across the coverage of the Wireless festival. On stage was a singer Meghan (something?), she was wearing a thong, shaking her butt while doubled over. o_O

• Wow
  • Haha
I was TV channel hopping and came across the coverage of the Wireless festival. On stage was a singer Meghan (something?), she was wearing a thong, shaking her butt while doubled over. o_O
Did she have a surname like Stallion? Think I heard of her 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
W
i had to scroll quite a bit to find my birth year on a survey 🙈🥴
Whenever I hear someone say their birth year is in the 2000s, I think WTH 🙁

The fact that I will be clickityclick 66 on the weekend means I AM old.👵😉
I'm calling my state pension the "Holiday Fund"!

Did she have a surname like Stallion? Think I heard of her 😂
Yes I think so. She should change it to "Buck", certainly didn't look very ladylike bent like a paper clip and shaking her butt like a washing machine in spin mode! The audience seemed to love it though, these young'uns nowadays 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
When flicking through the TV channels the other night I came across Ruth Langsford selling her clothing collection on QVC ... more than once I thought, 'that's really nice' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When flicking through the TV channels the other night I came across Ruth Langsford selling her clothing collection on QVC ... more than once I thought, 'that's really nice' 🤣
Bonmarche ads keep showing up on here for me. I have never bought anything from them, or need in one of their shops. I keep seeing stuff that I think, that’s nice. Then I catch myself and don’t click on the item. Bon bleeping Marche. Not ready for that yet!

• Haha
Bonmarche ads keep showing up on here for me. I have never bought anything from them, or need in one of their shops. I keep seeing stuff that I think, that’s nice. Then I catch myself and don’t click on the item. Bon bleeping Marche. Not ready for that yet!
One day your lusting after Oasis and Warehouse then boom it’s Dalmart and Bon Marche 👵 😝

• Haha
  • Wow
When I’m buying sweets and the shop assistant asks if they’re for my grandchild. They’re for my son! - although he is a teenager and I had him in my forties. Thankfully it’s not happened very often and I obviously could be a grandparent, but I still don’t like it!

• Heart
Generation Z have a completely different way of speaking and usng the English language to my generation (mid 90s babies). They over use the word like. For example, they will say "it's like my birthday today"....either it is your f***ing birthday or it isn't it! They also abbreviate far too many phrases, such as DTF.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Showed my partner's nephew (6 years old) my old Game Boy Colour, and he started touching the screen instead of the buttons :oops:

Not knowing a life before touchscreen devices is mind-blowing to me lol.

Reactions: 13
Showed my partner's nephew (6 years old) my old Game Boy Colour, and he started touching the screen instead of the buttons :oops:

Not knowing a life before touchscreen devices is mind-blowing to me lol.
To be fair I am old but on the rare occasions I am reading a hard copy magazine as opposed to an online version, I have tapped the paper page before. I know then I am online too much!

• Haha
I was on a train yesterday passing glorious countryside with spectactular veiws. I was sad to see 90% of other passengers staring down mindlessly in to their mobile phones.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.