What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sat crossed legged on the floor the other day to wrap some presents. When I got up it hurt, 2 days later I can still feel the effects :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't think I've ever been able to sit cross-legged properly. I certainly can't now, thanks to various knee and ankle injuries over the years.
I used to be very flexible. Covid and sitting on my fat arse has put paid to my flexibility now. I decided to do some basic simple stretching. On first go I pushed it too far and managed to damage my knee for months. And when that healed I damaged the other one which is still poorly. I think my days of sitting on the floor are over, especially in public. I might be able to sink down ungainly at home, and get myself up leaning on furniture, but on a lawn it would be a comedy fall and a long and ungainly attempt to get up. Ageing sucks. However much you try and be positive, it bleeping sucks.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When I write the date of births of some of my students at the university i work at and realise they were born in 2003/2004. That was only 10 years ago, they aren't old enough to be at uni yet 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I bought my first hanging basket with beautiful flowers in it the other day and my daughter said I'm officially getting old 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
When I realise I’m using some of my late dear Mums expressions.
Such as yesterday when I told my son, who had commented how tough life can be, that ‘it sure is a weary old station’. - one of mum’s ‘specials’😆
I really am beginning to sound like her😆❤… but this does make me feel like a senior citizen!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When I realise I’m using some of my late dear Mums expressions.
Such as yesterday when I told my son, who had commented how tough life can be, that ‘it sure is a weary old station’. - one of mum’s ‘specials’😆
I really am beginning to sound like her😆❤… but this does make me feel like a senior citizen!
I completely get you ! My daughter was trying to talk her way out of something this morning and 'whats that got to do with the price of fish?' Came out of my mouth. She quite rightly said that she wasn't even talking about fish.

Also some were discussing an ex colleague at work who is sadly now bed bound. The young apprentice looked horrified and thought someone had tied the woman down.

Stuff like this makes me feel ancient.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s an odd 1 but I feel old because I’m starting to go through the menopause and I now can no longer have kids. Which is bloody stupid because I had all my 3 before I was 23. Done and dusted. Never wanted anymore. 3 girls was plenty. They’re now all grown up with kids of their own. It’s a weird thing. Like it’s not my choice anymore. So I feel old cos 5 mins ago I was running round with 3 kids under 5yrs old and I loved it 🤣

• Heart
When you go into a shop to buy skincare and they guide you towards the anti aging and retinol products when your usual is a day and night cream!

Reactions: 3
My skin is the only part of me that is holding up well, minimal wrinkles, good skin tone. But all the rest has gone to duck. I would give anything to have my joie de vivre back. Just a day feeling no twinges, or fatigued etc. Can’t remember when.

My skin is the only part of me that is holding up well, minimal wrinkles, good skin tone. But all the rest has gone to duck. I would give anything to have my joie de vivre back. Just a day feeling no twinges, or fatigued etc. Can’t remember when.
For about 5 years now I've been asking for just one more opportunity to get out of bed in the morning without pain. I've had to come up with a strategy to get out of bed that involves sliding. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.