What is the pettiest thing you've ever done? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure why you’re so offended by it that you’re willing to be insulting but honestly, I’ll take being rude and having no decorum or class on this one. No i don’t want to say congratulations because 9/10 I haven’t seen them in years and didn’t even know they were in a relationship until I got the wedding invite. Obviously if it was a close family member or friend then I would make an effort but a cousin who I haven’t seen in 10 years who has invited me to the evening party out of obligation. No, not wasting my money on it. I’ll say congratulations to their face if i attend, even though they won’t notice or care whether I’m there or not. I am one of 19 cousins. Some of whom are on their second or third marriages. Yes I could send a card but truthfully I don’t care enough to and it’s not like they will notice or care anyway.
---

I could say no to the invite but social etiquette dictates you still have to send a card and present to say congratulations cause you haven’t attended 🙃
You make absolutely no sense. You contradict yourself so openly and don’t even notice 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
my husband keeps drinking my cans of drink when I open them, but always says he doesn't want any fizzy drinks when I buying them. So last night I thought I would be clever and put chilli oil in the can, he hates spice.
It fizzed exploded, all over my nice white sitting room. Karma.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Not sure why you’re so offended by it that you’re willing to be insulting but honestly, I’ll take being rude and having no decorum or class on this one. No i don’t want to say congratulations because 9/10 I haven’t seen them in years and didn’t even know they were in a relationship until I got the wedding invite. Obviously if it was a close family member or friend then I would make an effort but a cousin who I haven’t seen in 10 years who has invited me to the evening party out of obligation. No, not wasting my money on it. I’ll say congratulations to their face if i attend, even though they won’t notice or care whether I’m there or not. I am one of 19 cousins. Some of whom are on their second or third marriages. Yes I could send a card but truthfully I don’t care enough to and it’s not like they will notice or care anyway.
---

I could say no to the invite but social etiquette dictates you still have to send a card and present to say congratulations cause you haven’t attended 🙃
Really? I mean I wouldn't expect people to send a card if they're not attending and definitely not get a present. But saying congratulations doesn't cost anything so don't see what the issue is with just saying congrats, I'm not attending, and moving on. If you're taking the approach that you're not saying congratulations cause you've not seen them in 10 years then to me you're treating them as complete strangers in which case yeah fair enough, don't say anything or pay attention to any expectations.

Reactions: 3
my husband keeps drinking my cans of drink when I open them, but always says he doesn't want any fizzy drinks when I buying them. So last night I thought I would be clever and put chilli oil in the can, he hates spice.
It fizzed exploded, all over my nice white sitting room. Karma.
I hate to be a member of the anti fun brigade, but what it he had an allergic reaction to the chillies? Tampering with food and drink is never a good idea, you never know how a person will react.

Last edited:
I hate to be a member of the anti fun brigade, but what it he had an allergic reaction to chillies? Tampering with food and drink is never a good idea, you never know how a person will react.
My husband isn’t allergic to chilli though…

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Eeek this thread was a funny read but it’s taken a turn the last few pages. Let’s get back to pettiness

• Heart
Reactions: 39
That’s mad, I was married a few months angk and our guests were really generous . We are Irish so money is the norm, we didn’t receive any gifts other than frames etc along side money from family.
However, we have ordered (was waiting for photos back) wildflower seed thank you cards , and photos of the guests to enclose with them to show our appreciation. Immediately after the wedding we text each guest to thank them.
The same way I couldn’t imagine not providing a gift or card, I couldn’t imagine not thanking my guests. Terrible behaviour.

We got married almost 7 years ago and I just didn't think of thank you cards, at all.

We made sure to thanks every guests face to face, thanked them in the wedding speech, text or email everyone the day after thanking them again, did a post on Facebook while waiting for the flight for our honeymoon and tagged everyone, thanking them again. When we got our wedding photos back, I sent everyone any photos with them/their kids and told everyone of they see a photo they would like a copy of just to let us know.

Fast forward a few months and my husbands auntie caused a massive rift between us because she called us ungrateful and disgusting for not sending thank you cards. My mind is scatty most of the time, there is so much to a wedding/honeymoon especially when someone has health complications, I just didn't think of thank you cards and thought what we had done was enough.

So I refused to speak to her for a few years after that. I guess that's petty but I just didn't like the way she went on. All I could think about for months after that was "are other people thinking the same" caused me alot of anxiety and I let everyone know that it wasn't meant in any way and I hoped they understood.

She was the only one with a problem.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent 😂 carry on with all your petty stories 😂.
---
I hate to be a member of the anti fun brigade, but what it he had an allergic reaction to the chillies? Tampering with food and drink is never a good idea, you never know how a person will react.
I think she/he/they'd know if their husband was allergic to something 😂 it's not some random man!

Reactions: 16
I have been online dating a guy who is in another country For a couple of months. He has made little “jokes” along the way about me sending him money, which I don’t find funny at all but I decided to ignore because I thought we had a genuine connection. Then yesterday out of nowhere he straight up asked me to send him £500 a month!! I was so pissed off but politely said no.

Now I have been thinking that I want to get some petty revenge on him…nothing horrendous, but enough to teach him a lesson. So I’m going to wait for him to bring up me sending him money again, and I’m going to say, oh well okay, send me your details then. I expect he will give me an email address to PayPal it. Then I am going to be like, okay I have sent the money through, did you get it? He will say no. I will then go back and forth and create a fake PayPal invoice email to show him and be like, well I’ve sent it, you should have it by now. Just to piss him off 😂 Is there anything else I can add to this scheme to make it more petty and vengeful?
Minor update: we were talking on video chat yesterday and he brought the subject round to me sending him money 🤬🤬🤬 and I said, well how would I send it, by bank or…? He obviously hadn’t thought about that 🙄 and was like oh um PayPal maybe, so I said well I’d need your email address for that wouldn’t I. Then he thought about it and said he could set up an Amazon wish list with stuff he wants on there, including gift cards!! Wtf. Is there any way of trolling him if he does send me an Amazon list?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Minor update: we were talking on video chat yesterday and he brought the subject round to me sending him money 🤬🤬🤬 and I said, well how would I send it, by bank or…? He obviously hadn’t thought about that 🙄 and was like oh um PayPal maybe, so I said well I’d need your email address for that wouldn’t I. Then he thought about it and said he could set up an Amazon wish list with stuff he wants on there, including gift cards!! Wtf. Is there any way of trolling him if he does send me an Amazon list?
Love this!! So I’d be so happy to think he’s even wasting his time setting up the wish list! What ever he puts up, go find a cheaper alternative and be like ‘getting great value’ this way… etc. There is dupes for almost everything!!! I so wanna help 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Love this!! So I’d be so happy to think he’s even wasting his time setting up the wish list! What ever he puts up, go find a cheaper alternative and be like ‘getting great value’ this way… etc. There is dupes for almost everything!!! I so wanna help 😂
Well I’m here for your suggestions ❤ the stuff he said he wanted was like home workout equipment, one of them was kind of resistance bands that you attach to a wall. Like this but thicker ropes and on a wall:
31445735-F17B-42D4-8D87-4EFF7637ABDA.jpeg

He showed these pull up bars he‘s installed in his ceiling and he said he would put the resistance rope things through that 😳 Imagine if he pulled the whole ceiling down in his apartment block 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
will he have to put a delivery address for the Amazon stuff? If yes - then you can troll him by signing him up for loads of leaflets/junk mail etc. personally I wouldn’t send him ANYTHING until you’ve got a piece of personal information from him. Even if it’s just an email address, you can sign him up to loads of spam through that!
if he’s being cagey then you can just call him out and say that it’s weird he wants you to send him stuff but he won’t tell you even where he lives or anything

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm all for signing him up for Jehovah Witness visits and erectile disfunction info but on a serious note, he's a wrongun, you deserve far better: don't waste any more of your time and thoughts on him.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm all for signing him up for Jehovah Witness visits and erectile disfunction info but on a serious note, he's a wrongun, you deserve far better: don't waste any more of your time and thoughts on him.
I second this. 💛

Reactions: 6
Mentioned before about FILs vile girlfriend. We play nice and keep the peace but every year I like to buy her a birthday card picturing things she's voiced a hatred of, usually cats or wine. This year I found the perfect card: simple pic of flowers with the verse 'hope your birthday is as sweet as you are'. 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I don’t get on with one of my SILs and I certainly don’t lose sleep over it. Anyway 6 years ago, it all kicked off because I took the time to tell her all about herself and not once have I ever felt the need to apologise speaking the truth (and I’m definitely someone who will apologise if they’ve done wrong). Anyway since then every Christmas she sends my husband a Christmas card and writes “To (insert husband name) and Co” so completely ignores her niece and nephew and lumps them in the “Co” so my husband every year sends a card back and puts “(husband’s name”) & Co. and doesn’t put a stamp on it….every year she’s had to pay for the postage - you’d think she wouldn’t bother going to pick it up but she does every single time!

Footnote: husband is a postman so we have tit loads of stamps

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I don’t get on with one of my SILs and I certainly don’t lose sleep over it. Anyway 6 years ago, it all kicked off because I took the time to tell her all about herself and not once have I ever felt the need to apologise speaking the truth (and I’m definitely someone who will apologise if they’ve done wrong). Anyway since then every Christmas she sends my husband a Christmas card and writes “To (insert husband name) and Co” so completely ignores her niece and nephew and lumps them in the “Co” so my husband every year sends a card back and puts “(husband’s name”) & Co. and doesn’t put a stamp on it….every year she’s had to pay for the postage - you’d think she wouldn’t bother going to pick it up but she does every single time!

Footnote: husband is a postman so we have tit loads of stamps
Legend!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well I’m here for your suggestions ❤ the stuff he said he wanted was like home workout equipment, one of them was kind of resistance bands that you attach to a wall. Like this but thicker ropes and on a wall:
View attachment 2376999

He showed these pull up bars he‘s installed in his ceiling and he said he would put the resistance rope things through that 😳 Imagine if he pulled the whole ceiling down in his apartment block 🤣
Can you get a stock photo and tell him you have one you’re not using! Just to waste a little more of his time

• Haha
Reactions: 7