Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

under the ivy

VIP Member
All I’ve done today is work, snack, work, repeat! 🤣

Quite boring really! Had a good meeting with my supervisors though - data collection is going well for the old PhD. Got another interview this week. Need to transcribe the first one tomorrow, urghhh.

Just had a shower/done skincare. Having homemade Mac and cheese for tea - my fave comfort food! Want to finish S5 of peep show tonight (I’ve seen them all before but I love it).

Have a good evening everyone. Hugs 🤗 x

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Nolongerjustalurker

Chatty Member
Hiiii

We are going to the pub tonight for dinner and I’m excited, first time out since December! (Can’t believe it’s been that long)

Standard wfh day but my bf heard back from the company he interviewed with on Monday and tomorrow he is going back for a trial session?! Its weird as it’s not an industry you’d expect that in, so we don’t know what it meanssss but I’ve had to sit through the fashion show this afternoon of what to wear.. honestly I think females have it easier when it comes to what to wear to work.

Here’s some cows from my post work walk!
A1AA9385-4947-42CD-A612-630759987866.jpeg

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Not much drama on the work call last night. The affair was mentioned but nobody had any more details to what I already knew 🤣

Woke up and washed my tan off, I feel like a bronzed godesssss. Not going out until 5pm but going to just get ready super slowly and enjoy it so it’ll take hours. So excited to do my hair and makeup properly 😂 bit concerned how drunk I’ll end up tonight having not gone out in forever or drank at home much 🥴

Will probably watch Phillips funeral as well.

@jarv sorry to hear you’re arguing with your boyfriend! I think this thread confirms men are useless most of the time😅 hope things are better soon. It’s so frustrating when you feel like they don’t listen to you!!

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Hey gang. Happy Friday!

I set off early after breakfast this morning to go and collect my boy. I was so pleased to see him but he was like

We got back a couple of hours ago and have had pizza and Easter egg and are about to watch a film snuggled up on my bed for a bit.

Tomorrow‘s going to be a busy one as I have zoom surprise baby shower for my bestie in the morning and im meeting 4 of my other best mates in one of their gardens in the late afternoon and we haven’t seen eachother for 18months face to face so I can’t wait, I feel like a kid on Xmas eve 🥰

• Heart

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Slightly off topic, but I am going to post anyway.

My wife's brother is in the States and they have twin girls who are just over two years old. Anyway we were video chatting, and as you know little kids have the attention span of a gnat. After half an hour their dad says okay say bye it's bathtime.

They are both releaved at escaping from the oldies, so they happily say bye and leave.

Suddenly one runs back, grabs the phone and says " I love you" smiles and leaves.

Made my day.

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Well done you , do you feel relieved ? Hope you are ok, enjoy the frap x
I do. I am really sad about it because I’d have loved for it to work but I’m happy to know we both have the chance of finding the right person. I think we’d have broken up eventually so I’m glad it’s now and able to be done in a civil way rather than a huge drama further down the line. It’s bittersweet I suppose.

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
Hey everyone 🌚

Not much from me today! Just come back from a driving lesson - went well again! Doing reverse parking next week and more driving roundabouts. Loving it 🙂

Going to have a shower/skincare, eat some food and watch LoD at 9! Eeek!

Hope you’re all well x

Take care @prinnygrace ❤

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
That moment of panic when this thread isn’t top of your watched list cos you’ve not realised there’s a new one 👀

• Haha
Evening all, I got up nice and early, for coffee and proper fresh orange juice from the cafe near me. Then suddenly was super tired, I so want to give up smoking. It costs me too much.
my ex (the famous ex!) phoned me and we talked for about an hour, I realise I should hate him and there’s no way we will get back together but we do still get on well. So I told him my plans to move to Dubai as I never want him to think it’s for him and he’d actually be useful with helping with red tape stuff etc. Anyway he thinks it will do me good as long as I don’t get arrested..
I went to sort my CV out and my mac was having none of it so tomorrow maybe.. I have a nail app tomoz too @under the ivy so I’ll be on Pinterest too mainly! My grandmother phoned to complain about her meal I made yesterday the cheeky thing! It was actually nice!
@AnderbeauJohnson I use Ocado always super impressed with them.
@watermelon sugar I can’t wait to see the hair!

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Hello everyone,

Work work work, bla bla bla. I have spent waaaay too much time on Tattle today 🙈 had work book club. Did school run, came home and had a little peek at the book @jarv is reading to see if I wanted to start it tonight. Kept reading, I am LOVING it. Didn’t think I’d want to read about a pandemic, but this sounds insane.

Another good eating day today, so that’s 3 days in a row now.

Had our mediation appt come through with our wedding venue, eeek. Got that in a couple of weeks.

Just watched Our Yorkshire Farm. Looove that family. Now playing a couple of switch games before the boys bedtime.

On our way home we picked some dandelions for the bunnies and this is how we’re repaid...

F7D347A3-2539-4B2C-A504-4118C28CC560.png

She just sits in the plant pots anyway 🤦🏼‍♀️ This is why I give up trying to have pretty flowers in the garden 😂

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I’m almost up to date with LoD and the threads here too (episode 6 to wa. I’ve barely had time to do my job today 😂 looking forward to sundays finale.

my bestie had her baby boy today 🥰 can’t wait to go see them at some point (she doesn’t live local so I haven’t seen her in person since pre pregnancy last summer).

Having a pamper evening with some Himalayan bath salts tonight as it’s so chilly here I need to defrost before bed.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Well I've been nagged senseless all morning. From one daughter wanting a goldfish called Neil and the other wanting to go to the park for one of her 5 hour stints with friends.
I think Tattle is the only place I come across people being themselves these days (or perhaps they're not as I got sucked into the whole MD thing). I can feel lonely sometimes and I'm generally someone who loves my own company. I think it's really common these days. One thing about lockdown it at least we were all in the same boat. I guess it takes a while to find your feet again.
Hope those feeling a bit blue can get some sun on your faces today. xx

• Heart
Happy bank holiday everyone, of course the weather is vile..
Yesterday I had my nails done in the morning, my nail girl is so lovely she comes to me and we chat away.
went and did some jobs for my grandmother, only half her Ocado shop turned up due to some warehouse issue so I had to sort that for her.
Then I went for fat dissolving injections in my stomach. I’m the biggest wimp and it was 8 injections I think. Wasn’t too bad just Pinched in a few spots and I have one small bruise today. We shall see how that goes!
Today I’ve been super lazy and had a take away pizza, only eaten half and feel abit sicky now!
I’ve been super tearful today so I think I’ll have a bath and early night. Really need to find some motivation as no one is going to fix my life for me!
Have a lovely one all ❤

6CFF9DEA-3F75-40E4-824F-BE34B5A124E1.jpeg

• Heart

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
So today was unexpected - worked sucked but I got the urgent tasks done. I took my shoes for an hour's walk at lunch and it rained so much that it went through three layers of clothing to get my skin wet but the underside of my hair was still bone dry.

I usually get it thinned out (it's so bushy) and get some layers in to help it breathe but I can't go to a hairdresser until after vax 2 and that might be 2-3 months away. So... I cut it mostly off in what will hopefully be my last ever lockdown haircut 😄 I've gone from shoulder length to maybe 2/5th of the length of Rue's hair in my profile pic and it feels... amazing.

I prefer how I look with longer hair (by far) and will 100% be growing it out again, but it had so much volume that it was so uncomfortable, especially with the weather getting hotter and if I tried to thin it out at home it would have looked a right state so this was a much safer option.. I went for a short walk afterwards and it felt so good to not have it weighing me down.

I'm not looking forward to my mum finding out but I hope that by the time I see her in real life it'll grow out a bit again. She last saw me in June and she still occasionally phones me to tell me how 'ugly' and 'ridiculous' I look with short hair and that was longer than this. I don't think I look that bad personally. Better with long hair, yes, but not bad enough to want to walk around with a paper bag over my head.

Aside from this I've done a bit of cleaning and I'm planning to spend the evening transcribing and gaming. Looking forward to getting back on top of things on the 1st tomorrow. Regardless of whatever else happens, the only one thing I want to accomplish in May is spending £0.00 in the co-op. It's so tempting to have it 45 seconds away from my house but I'll nip in for a 45p box of paracetamols and come out with a tenner's worth of random stuff. So, that is my one goal to focus on this month.

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
The kids LFT's were all negative. Operation sleepover is GO GO GO. Middle child was up ready for school all excited at 6am 😳😳
Dropped kids to school now on way for a weekend goodie shop for me, just me, nobody else allowed to touch 😂😂

Afternoon of gardening planned pick kids up take the girls to their weekend homes, head home with husband and son and i think tonight i am treating myself to an evening of getting VERY stoned.

Tomorrow is my 'alone day' 💃💃💃💃

Have a great day my tattle besties

• Heart

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
Thanks for all your well wishes yesterday! We logged off work sharp and had a couple of celebratory drinks at home before heading out for our feast! We got empanadas and calamari to share then filet steaks with chips/mash, chimichurri sauce and a bottle of Malbec, it was delish 🤤 MrGP did spend the first half of the meal talking to the people at the table next to us..... I was trying to subtly give him the eyes to be like what you doing this is meant to be a romantic anniversary meal but he was too busy chatting to notice my evil glares 😏 They left just before we got our mains though so was all good 😂

It’a the hottest day of the year so far so I’ve taken a late ‘lunch’ break so sit outside for a bit while I tattle and read a couple of chapters of my book. After work think I might go to the park for a workout and bit of a walk as I’ve not done anything the last couple of days and feel I need to get moving again - I find it helps me so much mentally if I do some sort of exercise most days.

I’ve got chicken in a BBQ marinade/sauce simmering away in the slow cooker so going to have BBQ pulled chicken in brioche buns with lots of jalapeños and hot sauce (well for me, MrGP is a total woose with any kind of heat/spice) for dinner 😊

Hope everyone’s had a lovely day!

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
My day at work is going so slow, we were manic 2 weeks ago and now work has dropped off a cliff. Feels like it should be 5pm by now, the day is looooooooong.:sleep:

I'm panicking over every aspect of buying our new house. Everything is making me anxious. Got a call with a mortgage advisor tonight but I've practically already convinced myself our mortgage will be declined. No particular reason, we've never defaulted on a payment or anything like that, my mind just likes to make me worry. :(

Spilt mayo down my black dress at lunchtime, great (y)

Only positive thing is I've not heard from my dickhead SIL in days :D Long may it continue 🤫

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone :D

• Heart
  • Sad

nbt

VIP Member
Well hello there,

Decided to have a boring day today, just to mix things up a bit.

Went and did the school run, then put some clothes away and made the beds and logged on for work.

OH was also WFH again today waiting for that engineer, who never turned up. I wonder if he fixes ovens too @watermelon sugar 🙄

Anyway, it totally ruins my lonesome vibe when someone else is in the house. We sat in silence working for like an hour and then I put some music on and he had to listen to the likes of Robbie, Westlife, Gabrielle etc. Theeeen he was really loud on the phone this afternoon and I put my AirPods in trying to catch up with Shrine of Duty but had to keep pausing as I still couldn’t hear. He’s off back to work tomorrow, see ya pal 👋🏻

Although I did make us bacon bagels for dinner and he said they were really nice 😏

Collected boy this afternoon, he said there was a word in a book at school which was a swear word and he couldn’t say it but it was “Spotted… something” 😂 he didn’t know it was a “swear” word, his friend told him apparently haha.

Just waiting for tea to cook now, boys are having chicken and chips and I’m having leftover bolognese. What a top bloody meal that is. That meme is too true.

Absolutely nothing on TV tonight so I’ll have a bath with my book and hope for a third night of sleep before 11pm 🙌🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

jarv

VIP Member
@WilmaHun that's amazing news about the house! Congratulations 🥳🏡❤ fingers crossed for a smooth buying process!

@aimzalicious i hope your lesson went okay!

@OutrageouslyScarlet thats good that you've been able to speak to someone about your meds, hopefully talk therapy is the next step. I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it atm, I hope you feel a bit brighter soon ❤

Enjoy your days alone @watermelon sugar and @Meangirl815 - I know what you mean about feeling weird, I always look forward to having the house to myself but then feel weird because I'm not used to being alone anymore so I just can't get into it - sods law innit 🙄😂

Had a big fight with my boyfriend last night, my head is properly cabbaged this morning, as we would say 😂 we've only ever had 2 proper falling outs before and those were before we lived together. I'm out this afternoon with friends so hopefully a bit of space will help me calm down a bit. Apparently he's shocked that I want a baby despite us literally having a long conversation over Christmas about trying for a baby after we move later this year 🙄 he's making me feel like a crazy person which I don't appreciate. Oh and then he wants me to be understanding that he's shocked and he thought it'd be another 2 years before we even started trying. Idk where that has come from. I'm genuinely wondering if I imagine conversations now 😂 maybe we need to sort our communication issues out before bringing a child into it. Anyway it hasn't made me feel great tbh and can't talk to anyone about it really as I'm not going around telling people I want a baby. We'll sort it out but I don't really know how atm 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15