What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sat chilling on my new sofa 😎 its so comfy! Although I didn't really visualise how much space two small sofas would take up, so that will take some getting used to! I nipped to a bakery after finishing work and picked up several treats (whoops) so just having a doughnut and coffee with the telly on as I've got the house to myself for a couple of hours. So ready for a chilled out Friday night ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Re: all the line of duty chat, I also haven’t seen it! I watch gogglebox and honestly the amount of tv shows this has ruined for me cos I end up seeing spoilers (LOD included) do you think it’s still worth watching?
i'm definitely no expert yet but similarly to you i have heard some things about it from my dad and read some stuff online previously, no big spoilers tho. and i'm still enjoying it very much, so i say give it a go :D🕵️‍♂️👮‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@under the ivy well done!

-

As I predicted, I am not cut out for cutting out caffeine cold Turkey, or at least not dropping straight down from the high level I was drinking/eating it - had nothing but a splitting headache since mid-morning along with dizziness, nausea, mood swings and exhaustion (just woke up from a 1 3/4 hour after work nap to go with my 50 minute nap at lunch 😄 )

So, going to have one can and then try and work on having either two per day or one can and one chocolate bar - until I get used to that lower level, then hopefully drop it down to one per day, then every other day and eventually stop it. I'm not giving up hope yet! The diet fell out with window with my mood but just got to keep on keeping on.

In good news - my rainbow dress arrived and it is the nicest item of clothing (by far, both in look and quality) that I own ❤ I'd show you guys how it looks on but considering it only fits over my neck and one shoulder the picture may be a while off yet 😄. I've hung it on the inside of my door so it sits behind me at work and it's made me smile a few times already today.

It's gorgeous and sunny here, I hope everyone is having a lovely Friday evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hastings is my fave. When he says “We do our duty to the letter of the law...the LETTER” I just...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Re: all the line of duty chat, I also haven’t seen it! I watch gogglebox and honestly the amount of tv shows this has ruined for me cos I end up seeing spoilers (LOD included) do you think it’s still worth watching?
It’s annoying when Gogglebox show spoilers! At the same time though, it has got me watching loads of things that I’d missed. I saw LoD S4 on Gogglebox and that’s how I started watching it.

I worked today and did some prep work for later in the year, taking advantage of a quieter week. Sent my notes to my boss and got massive praise so that made me happy. However, it also made me lazy for the rest of the day 🙈 I spent most of the day deleting old emails and reading more of my book. I’m torn between wanting to keep reading but also not wanting to finish it too quickly!

My mum asked if she could collect the boy from school this afternoon for a surprise, so he was happy.

The OH got home from work around the same time so we went to collect the food shop. I’d forgotten black bags so asked him to pop in and get some and then knew he was gonna come out with loads of bad treats. He came out with some fresh cakes and sweets, then when we were all home the ice cream van came round and he told the boy he could have an ice cream (even though I spend each time M-Th saying no because he doesn’t need one every time it comes). Then earlier in the day, he’d text and asked if I wanted a takeaway and I said no, because I’ve started dieting this week and he knows that. Him and the boy got Domino's anyway.

Now, because the boy had treats already, he is full after one slice. So my other half can either finish the pizza so it doesn’t go to waste, or he can leave whatever he can’t manage and risk me saying “I told you so” 😂

To be honest, I’m pretty pissed off with it all. I don’t expect no one else to have treats just because I’m dieting, but it’s like, have a bloody weekend off! I purposely stick to my guns, say no to the bad stuff and the sense of satisfaction is unreal 😂😎 I may as well just give him a huge 🖕🏻😂

It’s okay for him though, he’s not overweight and he could skip a meal and lose about half a stone 🙄 it’s much harder for me!

So now I feel like I’m in a bad mood and looking for an argument 😒 which is a rubbish start to the weekend. We don’t have the big kids til tomorrow night and I always enjoy the rare time when it’s just the three of us tbh because it doesn’t happen very often. So I will try to keep my mouth shut 🙃

• Heart
What a day, I woke up and my lovely chin dermatitis was kicking right off so managed to get an app with nurse, who was super sweet and had all the sympathy for my angry red chin. She’s prescribed me something so please all cross your fingers. Nearly missed said appointment because I got up the road and realised my bike tyre was nearly flat. So ran home and had to get a taxi as mum was out.
Had a cheeky sunbed then walked home. Mum popped my bike up to the nearest bike repair shop (which was about to shut for a week so was super tight about whether I’d get my darling Rosa back!) ...drama

walked to Sainsbury’s as we needed cat litter and the wood stuff is the only thing he doesn’t spread round the house. Bought a few bits then walked to aldi which is about 15 minutes walk from the bike shop I ended up carrying a big bag of shopping and the litter and was honestly dead by the time I got there. £58 later she feels like a new bike! The bike guy who lives eats and breaths bikes was trying to explain stuff, I was like mate I am not a cyclist.he was super shocked at what I paid though and thought it had cost me a minimum of £500.

my asos order arrived and I’m only going to send one item back, the white dress looks tit on me.
I so want to tag you all after reading all your posts but i am cream crackered. So happy Friday, anyone that’s poorly hope you are better soon. Anyone that’s stressed big hugs. We’ve got this. (Just call me hinch)

The lemon dress is beaut and I’m only 5’3 so not so short on me. The Shorts are really useful as they aren’t all up in yo’face short. And black dress is just useful. Right no more spending Scarlett... and breath!

Attachments

• Heart
What a day, I woke up and my lovely chin dermatitis was kicking right off so managed to get an app with nurse, who was super sweet and had all the sympathy for my angry red chin. She’s prescribed me something so please all cross your fingers. Nearly missed said appointment because I got up the road and realised my bike tyre was nearly flat. So ran home and had to get a taxi as mum was out.
Had a cheeky sunbed then walked home. Mum popped my bike up to the nearest bike repair shop (which was about to shut for a week so was super tight about whether I’d get my darling Rosa back!) ...drama

walked to Sainsbury’s as we needed cat litter and the wood stuff is the only thing he doesn’t spread round the house. Bought a few bits then walked to aldi which is about 15 minutes walk from the bike shop I ended up carrying a big bag of shopping and the litter and was honestly dead by the time I got there. £58 later she feels like a new bike! The bike guy who lives eats and breaths bikes was trying to explain stuff, I was like mate I am not a cyclist.he was super shocked at what I paid though and thought it had cost me a minimum of £500.

my asos order arrived and I’m only going to send one item back, the white dress looks tit on me.
I so want to tag you all after reading all your posts but i am cream crackered. So happy Friday, anyone that’s poorly hope you are better soon. Anyone that’s stressed big hugs. We’ve got this. (Just call me hinch)

The lemon dress is beaut and I’m only 5’3 so not so short on me. The Shorts are really useful as they aren’t all up in yo’face short. And black dress is just useful. Right no more spending Scarlett... and breath!
I ❤ Those dresses!! X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@OutrageouslyScarlet i love everything you got, especially the lemon dress! 🍋

my day hasn't been very interesting but i do feel better. we slept in quite long and little roisin was just waiting, didn't even make a sound until we woke up, it's like she knows we need to rest 🥺 so after i gave her breakfast and did all the usual stuff: water, litter.. i spent some extra time with her because she is just such a good girl 🥺 i was exhausted so went straight to the couch. had a few phone calls. my boss called me - just to ask how i am? and i was suddenly paid? (it was 2 weeks late) i think someone smelled i'm ready to quit 😂

anyway other than a pharmacy delivery from my cousin and a quick burst of energy during which i tidied and changed the bedsheets, all i've done today is watch line of duty. we finished season 1 and season 2 🕵️‍♂️ we also spent about an hour on the balcony. we're trying to get out there when we can and keep all windows open as we've been told to do this by the doctor. i totally understand why because my breathing is quite shallow!

about to make some soup and salad for dinner and i think we'll play some catan. hope everyone has a nice friday evening 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Busy work day but managed to do my usual 5km walk to see my 8 little floofs who are growing well
E4F28FB5-EADB-4B64-B00B-5DBEC560266F.jpeg

Picked up little one from school and chilled at home a bit. Changed the bedsheets and swapped to the summer duvet, chucked a load of washing on and sat down to slow cooker spag bol for dinner. We melted an Easter egg and dipped fruit kebabs into it for pudding which was fun then we headed out for a walk in the sun and have not long got back. Plan for this evening is a film and enjoy no alarms set for the morning. Happy Friday all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Picked kids up from school came home dumped the 3 water bottles, 3 jackets, 2 cardigans a jumper and 5 homework folders the kids had all lovingly piled on me as they came out from school 🙄🙄
Took a walk down to the new house and explored the garden. It's huge. 3 trees. It's more like a field 😳 can't wait to get it tidied and sorted out. Pics included

Bought kids a takeaway burger and chips for tea because well i was on cooking duties and today has been stressful lol

Husband in from work now, and I've had a smoke, having quiche jacket spud and salad and trying to catch up on greys anatomy but it's a really weird episode and i don't think I'm following it....

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@OutrageouslyScarlet i love everything you got, especially the lemon dress! 🍋

my day hasn't been very interesting but i do feel better. we slept in quite long and little roisin was just waiting, didn't even make a sound until we woke up, it's like she knows we need to rest 🥺 so after i gave her breakfast and did all the usual stuff: water, litter.. i spent some extra time with her because she is just such a good girl 🥺 i was exhausted so went straight to the couch. had a few phone calls. my boss called me - just to ask how i am? and i was suddenly paid? (it was 2 weeks late) i think someone smelled i'm ready to quit 😂

anyway other than a pharmacy delivery from my cousin and a quick burst of energy during which i tidied and changed the bedsheets, all i've done today is watch line of duty. we finished season 1 and season 2 🕵️‍♂️ we also spent about an hour on the balcony. we're trying to get out there when we can and keep all windows open as we've been told to do this by the doctor. i totally understand why because my breathing is quite shallow!

about to make some soup and salad for dinner and i think we'll play some catan. hope everyone has a nice friday evening 🥳
I'm glad you're feeling a little better - I think pets can sense when people are sad/ill and can tell if you need to be left alone or fussed at.

• Heart
I'm glad you're feeling a little better - I think pets can sense when people are sad/ill and can tell if you need to be left alone or fussed at.
thank you! 💛 oh 100% - she understands everything the clever little thing 😻

Picked kids up from school came home dumped the 3 water bottles, 3 jackets, 2 cardigans a jumper and 5 homework folders the kids had all lovingly piled on me as they came out from school 🙄🙄
Took a walk down to the new house and explored the garden. It's huge. 3 trees. It's more like a field 😳 can't wait to get it tidied and sorted out. Pics included

Bought kids a takeaway burger and chips for tea because well i was on cooking duties and today has been stressful lol

Husband in from work now, and I've had a smoke, having quiche jacket spud and salad and trying to catch up on greys anatomy but it's a really weird episode and i don't think I'm following it....
the garden looks lovely and big and like it has a lot of potential - so happy for you it's obvious you're excited :)

• Heart
@OutrageouslyScarlet i love those dresses! Especially the lemon 🍋 one! You'll look a fitty in them💯

Hiya everyone! Mini Watermelon is really poorly, snot everywhere, all over me mainly. Lot's of crying. Physcing myself for little sleep tonight 😅 bf starts his new job tomorrow, picked a good week to do 7 days, the week the baby doesn't sleep and isn't well 😂 I can't remember much of my day now I'm typing it! My bf walked in on me singing Style by Taylor Swift dramatically to the baby. He told me I looked like I've lost weight on my waist 🥳 knowing my luck ill lose weight then get up the duff. I remember last time I found out I was pregnant a week before I bought a load of size 10 summer clothes then BAM pregnant 😂 we took the baby for a wander, werent out long cos he just didn't seem well. But he needed the fresh air. We got back and my fella was whinging about his weight, whilst eating white chocolate buttons. Then he dropped to the floor and done 10 press ups 😂 sat with the baby with the shower on to help soothe him 🥺 i made an absolutely banging Chinese chicken curry for tea. My fella said it was the best meal I've ever made. He's been full of compliments today tbh, must be after something 👀 I'm too full off my curry though hehe

• Heart
@Nolongerjustalurker Congrats to your bf on the new job and yes, still watch LOD and report back on here 🙏🏻
@under the ivy comgratulations!!!! that's fantastic 👏🏻
@AnderbeauJohnson so glad your rainbow dress looks nice!
@OutrageouslyScarlet absolutely love everything you ordered, especially the lemon dress 🍋 fingers crossed what your nurse prescribed works for you
@Meangirl815 your new garden is tons of space, it is literally like a field as you said! bet you can't wait to move in :) what kind of things are you going to do with the space?
@bolimepipi you're moving fast! you're up to my fave series now, plz report back when you finish series 3 so I can live vicariously through you seeing it for the first time. Bless your little blob Roisin letting you rest ❤

You lot buying clothes is making me want to cave and buy my entire Depop, ASOS and eBay saved items 💀 And I've received two emails from sites recently saying the items I'm on the waiting list for are back in stock. Oh the temptation... however my AllSaints orange skirt I bought yesterday has already been dispatched this morning so that should satisfy my buying urge for a bit

I had a great gym sesh - one of the staff members compliment me on my anime t-shirt and we had a chat about that particular series for a bit. Shame it's my last session at that gym before I move back to the parents, or she could've become a gym staff member friend!

I popped into M&S afterward to ask if they're still doing their textile recycling boxes during Covid, which they weren't 😭 I have 4 bags of old clothes that are too rank to sell, and I hate the idea of chucking them in the bin to go into a landfill. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for a textile recycling bin tomorrow otherwise they'll all have to go in the bin as I cba moving so many bags back. If my sustainability volunteer group found out, I'd be cast out 💀

After the gym, I got into my PJs and watched Pointless, and caught up on some Repair Shop. I had a brownie my dad bought me and a cuppa. Realized I needed milk so got dressed just to go back out to Aldi 🙄 hate when you get comfy then have to go back out. Got back, did the shower/skincare routine, then back into bed to watch Repair Shop all night 🤪 halloumi burger with sweet potato wedges and a smoothie for tea later, with a bottle of cider ofc 🍻

Hope you all had a nice Friday 🥰

• Heart
@OutrageouslyScarlet i love those dresses! Especially the lemon 🍋 one! You'll look a fitty in them💯

Hiya everyone! Mini Watermelon is really poorly, snot everywhere, all over me mainly. Lot's of crying. Physcing myself for little sleep tonight 😅 bf starts his new job tomorrow, picked a good week to do 7 days, the week the baby doesn't sleep and isn't well 😂 I can't remember much of my day now I'm typing it! My bf walked in on me singing Style by Taylor Swift dramatically to the baby. He told me I looked like I've lost weight on my waist 🥳 knowing my luck ill lose weight then get up the duff. I remember last time I found out I was pregnant a week before I bought a load of size 10 summer clothes then BAM pregnant 😂 we took the baby for a wander, werent out long cos he just didn't seem well. But he needed the fresh air. We got back and my fella was whinging about his weight, whilst eating white chocolate buttons. Then he dropped to the floor and done 10 press ups 😂 sat with the baby with the shower on to help soothe him 🥺 i made an absolutely banging Chinese chicken curry for tea. My fella said it was the best meal I've ever made. He's been full of compliments today tbh, must be after something 👀 I'm too full off my curry though hehe
Has he got the alarm on? x

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.