What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a little bee house in our garden and last summer 12 bees moved in to make their homes for winter hibernation, well 5 of them have woken up today! My bf managed to get some photos and videos of them emerging, we’re very excited! 🐝🐝🐝
Ohhhh i love bees!! That sounds wonderful 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Super stressed and anxious today. I start interviewing people tomorrow for my research. Trying to get everything prepared :(

3567E1E0-AFD2-4BDE-9A96-ADFAC6183140.jpeg

Rosie has been helping me though 🙂

Hope you feel better soon and get a negative test result @bolimepipi x

Happy anniversary to the Watermelons @watermelon sugar 🥰🍉 x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Bit of an up-down day again. Been absolutely obsessed with food all yesterday/today, all the moralising thoughts came flooding back and wouldn't leave, they've taken up 90% of my time today, so I've taken a step back and realised that I was falling into old habits - I've been weighing myself daily (which can be very useful, just not for me) and focussing on things long-term and 'as a week' when everything I read about binging said to focus on every single day as a single box - nothing that happened before it matters and nothing that happens afterwards matters, only that day matters.

So I'm not weighing myself until May at the earliest and starting tomorrow I'm taking every day as a box. Tonight's box has a chip shop tea in it though and I'm going to relax and (try to) enjoy it without moralising.

The rest of the day has been fine. Got up early to do my hair properly as I had some video meetings this morning and got a compliment on it, which was nice. Filled out the form online to claim back money for home working expenses so that'll hopefully come through. Been shocked at the Super League news but I honestly think this is what the country needs. No arguing over Brexit, no arguing over Covid, no arguing over politics, just everyone (or 99% of people anyway) united against this League.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Bit of an up-down day again. Been absolutely obsessed with food all yesterday/today, all the moralising thoughts came flooding back and wouldn't leave, they've taken up 90% of my time today, so I've taken a step back and realised that I was falling into old habits - I've been weighing myself daily (which can be very useful, just not for me) and focussing on things long-term and 'as a week' when everything I read about binging said to focus on every single day as a single box - nothing that happened before it matters and nothing that happens afterwards matters, only that day matters.

So I'm not weighing myself until May at the earliest and starting tomorrow I'm taking every day as a box. Tonight's box has a chip shop tea in it though and I'm going to relax and (try to) enjoy it without moralising.

The rest of the day has been fine. Got up early to do my hair properly as I had some video meetings this morning and got a compliment on it, which was nice. Filled out the form online to claim back money for home working expenses so that'll hopefully come through. Been shocked at the Super League news but I honestly think this is what the country needs. No arguing over Brexit, no arguing over Covid, no arguing over politics, just everyone (or 99% of people anyway) united against this League.
I did all of March without weighing after doing the same and starting to weigh way too much! I felt so good after it and proved to myself I can still stick to my plan without having the numbers constantly! Best of luck, you got itttt 💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I did all of March without weighing after doing the same and starting to weigh way too much! I felt so good after it and proved to myself I can still stick to my plan without having the numbers constantly! Best of luck, you got itttt 💗💗
Thanks! I'm pleased it's working for you :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@watermelon sugar happy anniversary! 💛

I'm back to work today after a lovely week off.
I've come back to numerous emails from my colleagues saying "I have not done this because I did not know how" - I've responded to each email with a copy of the "how to" guide I provided them with weeks ago, clearly showing instructions for the things they say they don't know how to do! So frustrating!! I probably should just get the things done as they've now been waiting over a week but out of principle I kind of think I should leave them for my colleagues to do, otherwise when it comes up again they will claim once again they weren't told how.
OMG I hate this. Drives me mad. We have written policies for so many things and I just hear 'oh I didn't know how'. How about you find out!

Reactions: 2
Afternoon all 👋🏻

Today has been ok, managed the school run routine without rushing this morning then back and worked until lunch when I went out for an hours walk in the sun and saw a family of geese with 6 new fluffy babies 🥰 worked again until 3 then school run again and was nice to see the kids all excited to be together again. Worked a bit more while son watched the tablet and then made kebabs for dinner. Usual reading and spellings planned in a bit and then maybe colouring or reading for me later to reduce my screen time.

Happy anniversary to the melons! @watermelon sugar

Hope your tests come back negative @bolimepipi

Hope the day went quickly @calmyourritas

I know what you mean about weighing @AnderbeauJohnson i can’t have scales in the house as I obsess over them and it brings out past behaviours I worked hard to overcome. You sound like you have a good strategy of time boxing each day ahead though 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@watermelon sugar Happy anniversary! 👏🏻👏🏻 ahhh mate I get what you mean about feeling lonely. I started volunteering and took up volleyball and got a personal trainer at the gym just so I could talk to people when I first moved back to Manc from London. Funnily enough, nowadays none of my main friendship groups are from any of those things but I'm glad I have them there as they're still acquaintances and you never know what could turn into friendships further down the line! As the others say, are there any mum groups in your area or anything social you could do that Mini Watermelon could come along to?
@bolimepipi please don't feel like a failure, I know you'll get back into it when you've tested negative 💪🏻 that farmer show sounds amazing as my fave person from Married At First Sight was a farmer and he was a lovely bloke
@under the ivy awww Rosie being a good little PhD assistant 🥰
@Nolongerjustalurker that's amazing, bees are so cute!
@ricardoylucia I hope your treatment goes smoothly ❤
@AnderbeauJohnson taking one day at a time seems like a good strategy! You've got this. Enjoy your chippy tea ❤

One of those days today where you have a plan to do a lot but it never really happens 🤣 I started off well but got dragged into some meeting at 1pm that went on for AGES, no need for me to be in it really as it was mainly my friend and my manager doing their usual chatting-tit routine to each other. I usually would have joined in but not the day before a deadline! I got tit to do, ya know?! I finally had my lunch break around 3pm, went to Superdrug and scooped up the only Vitamin E Hydrating Mist left in the store by the looks of it 👀 They'd hidden it by the tills, the sneaky buggers

Got back, made a Jamie Oliver superfood noodle salad - not really superfood as I couldn't be arsed buying the fancy ingredients just for one recipe, but it was still nice. Took ages tho coz I only have one pan since my flatmate moved out and I realised he owned most of the kitchen stuff 😅 had to boil noodles, empty the pan, boil broccoli, empty the pan etc etc. I love making things difficult for myself 💅🏻

Then when I eventually sat down I ended up talking to the junior designer below me for ages on the phone about Blossoms (a band from Stockport, where I'm from) and having such a good bonding session! She's always been very quiet so I wasn't sure about her but it seems we actually have a lot common. Nice to make a new work friend! 🥰 I watched Pointless and just made a brew and am shoving choc buttons in my gob as I type.

Also can everyone just appreciate me being Tattle famous last night, I made it to that sidebar on the homepage of most liked posts 🤪

ya girl made it.jpg

Glad my Steve Arnott obsession brought me some Tattle glory

• Heart
@watermelon sugar Happy anniversary! 👏🏻👏🏻 ahhh mate I get what you mean about feeling lonely. I started volunteering and took up volleyball and got a personal trainer at the gym just so I could talk to people when I first moved back to Manc from London. Funnily enough, nowadays none of my main friendship groups are from any of those things but I'm glad I have them there as they're still acquaintances and you never know what could turn into friendships further down the line! As the others say, are there any mum groups in your area or anything social you could do that Mini Watermelon could come along to?
@bolimepipi please don't feel like a failure, I know you'll get back into it when you've tested negative 💪🏻 that farmer show sounds amazing as my fave person from Married At First Sight was a farmer and he was a lovely bloke
@under the ivy awww Rosie being a good little PhD assistant 🥰
@Nolongerjustalurker that's amazing, bees are so cute!
@ricardoylucia I hope your treatment goes smoothly ❤
@AnderbeauJohnson taking one day at a time seems like a good strategy! You've got this. Enjoy your chippy tea ❤

One of those days today where you have a plan to do a lot but it never really happens 🤣 I started off well but got dragged into some meeting at 1pm that went on for AGES, no need for me to be in it really as it was mainly my friend and my manager doing their usual chatting-tit routine to each other. I usually would have joined in but not the day before a deadline! I got tit to do, ya know?! I finally had my lunch break around 3pm, went to Superdrug and scooped up the only Vitamin E Hydrating Mist left in the store by the looks of it 👀 They'd hidden it by the tills, the sneaky buggers

Got back, made a Jamie Oliver superfood noodle salad - not really superfood as I couldn't be arsed buying the fancy ingredients just for one recipe, but it was still nice. Took ages tho coz I only have one pan since my flatmate moved out and I realised he owned most of the kitchen stuff 😅 had to boil noodles, empty the pan, boil broccoli, empty the pan etc etc. I love making things difficult for myself 💅🏻

Then when I eventually sat down I ended up talking to the junior designer below me for ages on the phone about Blossoms (a band from Stockport, where I'm from) and having such a good bonding session! She's always been very quiet so I wasn't sure about her but it seems we actually have a lot common. Nice to make a new work friend! 🥰 I watched Pointless and just made a brew and am shoving choc buttons in my gob as I type.

Also can everyone just appreciate me being Tattle famous last night, I made it to that sidebar on the homepage of most liked posts 🤪

View attachment 536749

Glad my Steve Arnott obsession brought me some Tattle glory
I woke up to 94 notifications on here this morning, all from the LoD thread 🤣 It was so good last night! x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi all, I’ve done nothing today. Literally I have nothing to report 😂 work was boring as anything and then I caught up on 2 KUWTK episodes I hadn’t seen yet. That’s it🤣 then made a fish burger and homemade chips for my dinner. Think I might win most boring update today🥴😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Hello hello!

I've had a lovely day! The baby hasn't shut up 🤣 he's not said anything or babbled really but lot's of noises and shrieks etc. Sounds like he is on the way to something 😆

I was putting him down for his 2nd nap about 1.30 cos he was tired and he had got up at 5.40 and my fella burst through the front door. He was holding a new slow cooker 😆 I'd been saying I wanted a new one to be fair, it's nice to know he had listened! Not quite the engagement ring I was hoping for though 😏

I started feeling dead nauseous while the baby was napping so I just Tattled while the baby slept 😂 i started getting a dead metallic taste in my mouth as well so I went and moaned to my fellas about it. As I moaned to him, he moaned to me about this super league or w.e and I just totally zoned out

When the baby woke up we all had some choccy digestives then we got sorted and went for a walk. The weather was glorious today ☀ I didn't wear my fur jacket for once but still had a sweat on with my little jacket on! One day this week I'm gonna walk into town and get some new Summer clothes!! We may or may not have nipped in to the Asda to get more digestives during our walk 😏

My fella made us our rib eye steaks for tea. Tell you one thing about me fella he makes a banging steak!! Even though it was medium when I like it medium rare, it was still tidy 😂😂 he made garlic mushrooms as well and they were *chefs kiss*

Aw as I was typing this me fellas trying to get the baby to sleep and the baby just shouted dada 🥺🥺😭 he's never said dada before. Me fella just went 'WATERMELLOOON did you hear that' 🤣

Anyway I'm shattered off me steak 😴 proper food coma. Does any one type their day then suddenly remember loads of stuff? My fella came in from work and was like 'I said to my Mum before that you said she looks like Denise Welch and shes fuming' I was like 'ive never even said that🤣' so his Ma is in a mood with me for saying that, even tho I didnt! I actually said she looks like Chrissy Rock 😆 i think she'd be more offended at that tbf

Also with how bright it has been, my eyes have been killing. A bit of sun shines in me eyes and it hurts like hell. I've just started wearing sunglasses round the house. I look like bloody Willy wonka 🤣 I was putting the washing on the line at like 9am this morning in me bright pink pjs and a pair of sunglasses, I turned round and me neighbour was watching me out the window. She must of been like 'wtf does she look like 🤣' surprised she werent putting stuff in my bin tbh

• Heart
  • Haha
hiya guys and thank you as always for cheering me up 🥺 i want to reply properly later when i get to my laptop, but for now, as we felt sorry for ourselves, we ordered yet another chinese takeaway so i'm about to tuck into this:

9063A428-5F3E-412C-BD26-68634246A860.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@watermelon sugar omgggg mini watermelon said dada!!! 🥰 glad you enjoyed your steak and lucky you with your new slow cooker 😏

@bolimepipi i have food envy 😱 enjoy your feast!

@aimzalicious in my mind you are the line of duty queen of tattle 😂❤

@ricardoylucia i hope your treatment goes as well as it can, take care of yourself ❤

@under the ivy sorry I forgot to add that I hope everything goes well tomorrow, preparation is key so it sounds like you're doing the right thing! Try and get a good rest tonight, I'm sure it'll all run smoothly!

Not much to report just nice to see the thread thriving 🥰 came home with energy so I went out for a run, luckily it was just on the right side of being uncomfortably warm. Sorted my wardrobe out and bagged up winter clothes and got my summer ones out. I'm still waiting for my tea to be ready but it'll be so delicious once it's done. Mr jarv bought ice creams from lidl earlier too so I'll have one of those before bed 😋

• Heart
@watermelon sugar almost spat my drink out reading some of your post 😂 proper funny. Yay for mini watermelon saying dada! 🥰

@aimzalicious your LoD post made me laugh last night. If only that number connected, you could have been Mrs WWW as long as you are happy with a life of celibacy 😉

Today I went for a walk with my best friend. One of these days we’ll run out of walks to go on, we’ll have walked everywhere! It’s been one of those days where I just don’t know what to wear. Put my big coat on, was glad of it this morning on the school run. Kept it on for the walk, bloody sweating cobs wasn’t I? Came home, the house was chuffing freezing. Mate!

Me and the other half are trying to eat better. I told him that I can make us healthy teas if he stops bringing out aaaall the evening snacks. I’ve said we can have an ice lolly in the evening seeing as we’ve got loads of the things. So I made us cod, risotto and med veg for tea. Now we’re having our daily ice lolly 😎 and just to report back, the sherbet fountain ones are AMAZING. They’ve gone already. I’ve currently got one of those banana ones. I took it out the pack and he goes, “you could have some fun with that”. What a dirty bastard 😐😂🍌

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
@calmyourritas was your first day back okay in the end? 🥰
@Nolongerjustalurker i love bees, that's so nice! i wanna see pics of baby bees :D 🐝
@under the ivy i hope tomorrow goes perfect for you, good luck! rosie looks beautiful on that pattern :) 3 gyozas because my stupid bf couldn't wait until i take the photo!! 😂 but she got some prawns :)
@ricardoylucia this really put some things in perspective for me. good luck and hang in there :)
@AnderbeauJohnson relax tonight and try not to think about it! and enjoy your chippy tea of course :)
@aimzalicious the farming love show is just about to start, i think you'd love it it's so funny! also congrats on making the tattle hall of fame! i reeeeally have to start lod, even my dad is telling me to!
@jarv thank youu it was lovely :D & @watermelon sugar thank you i enjoy arranging food, flowers, anything for that matter :D i'm so happy mini watermelon said dada :) i'm sure what he meant is 'where's nanna' but still!
@Boredofthegram omg fluffy baby geese 🥺 i had to google some pics of baby geese and thought i'd share one for anyone having a bad day, they reminded me of my bf asking what's wrong when i'm pissed off when he eats the fourth gyoza before my tattle pic :D

may23-08-67-Edit.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@bolimepipi i hope the lush looking Chinese improved your day❤Fingers crossed you wake up feeling better tomoz(thought I’d add my phone changed wake to ‘wank’ so that would have been a whole different comment 😂)

@watermelon sugar he’ll be talking back to you in no time. You’ll see. I get the loneliness thing, i love back in my hometown but I’m at such a Different point
Of my life than most of my friends that I get very lonely. And lockdown hasn’t helped.
on the subject of scales they are bloody dangerous, I decided to weigh myself this morning after my period and bad weekend and was distraught to find out the battery had died, which goes to show you how they get into your head..

I have had a lovely afternoon, the 2 people I went for a picnic with are both around 13/15 years older than me and I’ve known them since I was little, it’s such a nice dynamic as I’ve grown up with them around and now I party with them. We had cheese and meats and Prosecco and the weather was really in our favour. I’m impressed with myself as I could have stayed and drank more but I went home like an actual adult ...😳don’t even know who I am anymore.
Hope you all have a lovely evening xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.