What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@nbt happy anniversary, hope you’ve had a great day! 💛
@under the ivy well done on the driving! That’s amazing, fingers crossed you’ll be passed your test in no time 🚘
@bolimepipi hope you and your bf feel better soon ☹
@watermelon sugar I don’t have children myself (yet) so I can’t really give any advice but I just wanted to say never ever doubt yourself, from everything you write on here it’s abundantly clear that little boy is your whole world. By the sounds of things you are a fantastic mum, don’t ever feel like you’re not doing enough 💛

Not much to say from me today - had a bit of a rubbish day really considering how happy I was yesterday about the house etc ☹
went for a game of mini golf with my partner. His head sister got wind that we were going (I guess the mother in law told her) and she invited herself. As soon as I heard she was coming I got this knot in my stomach,IBS flared up and just felt hideously anxious 😟
Anyway, she was absolutely fine for the whole game of golf which I was shocked about. Then just as we were saying goodbye and getting in our cars she made a critical comment at me. I won’t even write what it was on here as it was so small. I didn’t even react I just got in the car and cried the whole way home. Partner was absolutely lovely about it but he didn’t hear what she said, he was chatting to her partner at the time so she got away with it.
ive been down all afternoon about it. I keep giving her chances then she’s just horrible. It’s time I stopped being so sensitive really , need to grow a thicker skin!
Anyway, tomorrow is a new day.
have a lovely evening all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Then just as we were saying goodbye and getting in our cars she made a critical comment at me. I won’t even write what it was on here as it was so small. I didn’t even react I just got in the car and cried the whole way home. Partner was absolutely lovely about it but he didn’t hear what she said, he was chatting to her partner at the time so she got away with it. ive been down all afternoon about it. I keep giving her chances then she’s just horrible. It’s time I stopped being so sensitive really , need to grow a thicker skin!
she sounds terrible!! do you have any idea why she's behaving that way, have you tried talking to her about it? i mean she doesn't sound like someone who you could have a nice conversation with but it just seems so unnecessary for her to behave that way, i feel bad for you! 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@nbt happy anniversary, hope you’ve had a great day! 💛
@under the ivy well done on the driving! That’s amazing, fingers crossed you’ll be passed your test in no time 🚘
@bolimepipi hope you and your bf feel better soon ☹
@watermelon sugar I don’t have children myself (yet) so I can’t really give any advice but I just wanted to say never ever doubt yourself, from everything you write on here it’s abundantly clear that little boy is your whole world. By the sounds of things you are a fantastic mum, don’t ever feel like you’re not doing enough 💛

Not much to say from me today - had a bit of a rubbish day really considering how happy I was yesterday about the house etc ☹
went for a game of mini golf with my partner. His head sister got wind that we were going (I guess the mother in law told her) and she invited herself. As soon as I heard she was coming I got this knot in my stomach,IBS flared up and just felt hideously anxious 😟
Anyway, she was absolutely fine for the whole game of golf which I was shocked about. Then just as we were saying goodbye and getting in our cars she made a critical comment at me. I won’t even write what it was on here as it was so small. I didn’t even react I just got in the car and cried the whole way home. Partner was absolutely lovely about it but he didn’t hear what she said, he was chatting to her partner at the time so she got away with it.
ive been down all afternoon about it. I keep giving her chances then she’s just horrible. It’s time I stopped being so sensitive really , need to grow a thicker skin!
Anyway, tomorrow is a new day.
have a lovely evening all xx
It isn't your skin that's the problem, it's her attitude! Sadly some people are always going to be snippy and horrible like that no matter how many chances you give them :( I'm pleased your partner has your back. It's way easier said than done but try and not feel too down about her pettiness, it's a fault with her, not with you.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Not got time to post my day, need sleep. I've got back to work fear for Tuesday already

Night you beautiful lot ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Haven’t been on tattle much today. Been to see my mum and grandma as the sun was shining. Lovely to catch up, I haven’t seen my grandma “properly” since Christmas. Wanted a nap but couldn’t sleep so just watched some youtube on my phone. Cooked a beef stir fry. Ironed work clothes. I’m back at work tomorrow after quite a bit of time off for health reasons. Not sure how I feel about it. Goodnight ❤

• Heart
Went to the city centre and got 2 new coats for work. Been off work since February. Not going back until I'm transfered department. Have to email occ health and HR tomorrow 😓

Scotland called me babe 5 mins ago and my god my heart 🥰🥰🥰🥰😂😂

@nbt Happy Anniversary 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 11
she sounds terrible!! do you have any idea why she's behaving that way, have you tried talking to her about it? i mean she doesn't sound like someone who you could have a nice conversation with but it just seems so unnecessary for her to behave that way, i feel bad for you! 💛
she’s awful. To be honest she isn’t the type of person you can confront, she has a tendency to get nasty. She just never sees herself as being in the wrong. I just need to try and avoid her as much as I can unfortunately,😟

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Happy anniversary to the Watermelons! You’ll blink and next thing you know, you’ll be at 13 years 😂

• Haha
Happy anniversary @watermelon sugar to you and your Mr! You work quick already having a 1yo 😂

Yesterday was a good day. Was up early with the dogs, but had a sofa snooze which was nice. Went down to B&M for just after opening at 10am. My first time in a shop (other than a PO and COOP) since March 2020, so quite a big deal for my anxiety. Managed really well though, was mostly just pissed off at people paying no attention to people around them and blocking the aisles 🙄 Also went to the garden center for more compost si I can do some gardening today.

Got home, tided up, made pancakes for lunch, did some housework, walked the dog, and prepped veggies for tea. Watched the F1 which was red flagged so took ages, but it was a pretty good race.

Then I had to sort the garden a bit. We have quite a big back garden and Pupper is getting up to mischief, so I fenced a bit of grass off by the patio so she is more controlled 😂 Old dog is not impressed.

Meal planned and sorted the Tesco order then cooked and ate nut roast 👌 Watched a documentary about the American college admissions scandal which was shocking. Just do get the obsession with Ivy League, but guess I'm not American. Can anyone enlighten me?

Then an early night. Apparently my new bedtime is 930 🙄

Was up early again this morning, so been back to bed for an hour. The problem is I end up eating two breakfasts 🐖. Now waiting for the binmen to arrive at the house to habituate Pupper to the noises. It's recycling day, so very noisy! Wow I'm exciting 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hellooooooo 💖 not been on tattle much for a few days. Haven’t done anything exciting. Tried to clean my car on Saturday but the pressure washer broke 🙄 and now I need to put air in my tyres too as I keep getting a warning every time I drive it 🤷‍♀️

Took my mum to get her second COVID vaccine on Saturday aswell, it was so busy at the vaccination centre struggled to park which is mega annoying, hopefully I get called for my second one soon as well.

Been quite productive this morning, going to walk into town with toddler and hopefully sit outside Costa (it will be rammed so not banking on it 🕺) got some parcels to post and need to nip to Asda but looking forward to getting out in the sun the sky is so lush and blue here 💙 got a load of washing on ready to hang out to dry. Made the beds. Sorted some recycling to go out. And it’s only 8:30 ✅ so satisfying 🤣 booked a few pubs for the next month or so and booked a National Trust for this weekend, I bought a membership in January and haven’t been able to use it until now because weren’t allowed to travel out of local area 😑 fab use of my money 🤣

All of that sounds so incredibly boring. Hahaha 🤷‍♀️🤣
Hope you can all get out and enjoy the sun if you’ve got any! 😊☀

• Heart
Went to work yesterday and spent the time finishing my course ! Yay ! Now I’ve just got to spend 3 days typing it up , but I think I’ve finished
I can get away with the quietness of my job with doing something else unrelated with some members of staff , not all . The other member of staff watched the Prince Philip funeral . We had f all else to do . Today I’m with a different member of staff so will have to do boring training modules , Covid safety etc
Got to go back and do some tidying up on the 1st assignment though
Today I will be taking the dog out for the morning walk too while listening to the podcast ‘ letters from a killler ‘ it’s from the same people as Netflix’ ‘ I am a killer ‘ . It ok not as good as the tv series but something to listen to while I take the dog out . I’ll make my lunch in a bit to take to work . Doing extra hours today as a favour , favours pay off when I want something in return , they’re pretty good like that . scratch my back I’ll scratch yours kind of thing . The money is always handy as well .
I’ll probably get home around 8.30pm tonight.

• Heart
Morning guys. So tired today. Baby slept crap last night so I was up and down with him in his room. Ended up sleeping in there with him but still didn't get much sleep. He's got a 5th tooth and I think he getting a 6th one! He's been up since 5.40 as well 😴😴 I made him hummus on toast for breakie and he looked at me dead in the eyes and lashed all of it on the floor 😂

I felt a bit down last night, just felt dead lonely. Even though we were out with friends yesterday but idk I think it's cos my fella is now working 7 days a week for the foreseeable now he has 2 jobs. The weather is so nice i wish I had mates round here who I could just nip for a coffee with or go for a walk with. All my friends are back in Liverpool. My fella always says 'go round to my Mums' but I don't want to just hang round with his Mum all the time 🤨🙄🤣

So I'll probs spend some time with the baby in the garden or go for a walk to the park 😊 at least I have mini watermelon to keep me company ey 😂

• Heart
Happy anniversary @watermelon sugar hope you enjoy x

I never seem to be one of those people that start the week with a clean and tidy house. I just looked outside and there's a tarpaulin and a bottle of shaving foam in the middle of the garden from my daughter's attempt to make a slip and slide, there are about a million things covered in sand and/or seawater. It's really irritating me. Better start work, happy Monday my little Tattlers x

Morning guys. So tired today. Baby slept crap last night so I was up and down with him in his room. Ended up sleeping in there with him but still didn't get much sleep. He's got a 5th tooth and I think he getting a 6th one! He's been up since 5.40 as well 😴😴 I made him hummus on toast for breakie and he looked at me dead in the eyes and lashed all of it on the floor 😂

I felt a bit down last night, just felt dead lonely. Even though we were out with friends yesterday but idk I think it's cos my fella is now working 7 days a week for the foreseeable now he has 2 jobs. The weather is so nice i wish I had mates round here who I could just nip for a coffee with or go for a walk with. All my friends are back in Liverpool. My fella always says 'go round to my Mums' but I don't want to just hang round with his Mum all the time 🤨🙄🤣

So I'll probs spend some time with the baby in the garden or go for a walk to the park 😊 at least I have mini watermelon to keep me company ey 😂
the groups you can take toddlers too will start up again soon so you can stick your head in those and see if any of them suit you. xx

• Heart
Meal planned and sorted the Tesco order then cooked and ate nut roast 👌 Watched a documentary about the American college admissions scandal which was shocking. Just do get the obsession with Ivy League, but guess I'm not American. Can anyone enlighten me?
I guess it's similar to how a lot of people here are obsessed with Oxford and Cambridge and the like.

Is it worth having a look to see if there are any local mum groups on facebook? I know mum groups are meant to be the pit of hell but there might be someone else lonely looking for a walking buddy?

---

Morning all, feel a lot less miserable today so must have just slept odd night before last. That sense of impending doom has gone as well. Phew.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Aw thank you!! It's only 3 years, not quite 13 years yet 😏 he's at work all day so I'm excited for him to come home and make us steaks 😂
[/QUOTE]
Happy anniversary you beauty. Xx

Happy anniversary @watermelon sugar hope you enjoy x

I never seem to be one of those people that start the week with a clean and tidy house. I just looked outside and there's a tarpaulin and a bottle of shaving foam in the middle of the garden from my daughter's attempt to make a slip and slide, there are about a million things covered in sand and/or seawater. It's really irritating me. Better start work, happy Monday my little Tattlers x

the groups you can take toddlers too will start up again soon so you can stick your head in those and see if any of them suit you. xx
I’d take views like that as your children having super fun childhoods ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
New to this thread and only posting as I’ve had a productive morning for once! So far I’ve had an early morning potter in the garden and greenhouse, fed dog and cat, took husbands breakfast up (🙄!) unloaded dishwasher, done two loads of washing, hoovered, dusted and polished all downstairs, mopped kitchen and hall floors, cleaned downstairs loo. Just about to do upstairs bathroom, make beds then take dog for a walk. Love days when I get my tit together!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
New to this thread and only posting as I’ve had a productive morning for once! So far I’ve had an early morning potter in the garden and greenhouse, fed dog and cat, took husbands breakfast up (🙄!) unloaded dishwasher, done two loads of washing, hoovered, dusted and polished all downstairs, mopped kitchen and hall floors, cleaned downstairs loo. Just about to do upstairs bathroom, make beds then take dog for a walk. Love days when I get my tit together!
welcome :) just reading this made me feel accomplished :D

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@watermelon sugar happy anniversary! 💛

I'm back to work today after a lovely week off.
I've come back to numerous emails from my colleagues saying "I have not done this because I did not know how" - I've responded to each email with a copy of the "how to" guide I provided them with weeks ago, clearly showing instructions for the things they say they don't know how to do! So frustrating!! I probably should just get the things done as they've now been waiting over a week but out of principle I kind of think I should leave them for my colleagues to do, otherwise when it comes up again they will claim once again they weren't told how.
My brows which I had microbladed last week have started to scab, they look a bit minging so I'm hiding them behind my full fringe and glasses! Hope this scabby stage doesn't last too long :( They're sooooo itchy too. I must look like I'm slapping myself in the face cos I keep having to tap round them to get rid of the itchy feel as I can't itch them 🤣
I've got a tuna pasta salad for lunch which I have been thinking about since 8am. (Don't worry, I'm not a minger who is going to stink the office out for everyone, we're a tiny office and we each have our own separate rooms so no colleagues will be harmed in the consumption of my tuna lunch 🤣)

have a great day everyone! x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.