What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@OutrageouslyScarlet that's a really weird thing to have to deal with, but also if you take the person that sent it out of the equation it's a lovely gesture. try not to connect the ring to him maybe, but rather to thea? :) if you like it of course 💛

not much to report from here. bf still had a fever last night when we went to bed so we slept in separate rooms, i got to sleep with roisin pretty much on my head 😂 little purring machine. i woke up with my allergies killing me and he woke up still feeling ill and with a slight fever so we haven't really done anything today. breakfast, tidying, couch, lunch, tidying, couch. 🤷‍♀️

i asked him what he'd like me to make for him for dinner and he said let's order chinese. i almost got offended because he said no to my superior cuisine but then i thought mmm chinese. 😋🥳 just had that and now watching a movie. a very boring but chill saturday!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello again gang! Not much to report on from me today. I done a work out and it killed me off. Had a nice hot shower and contemplated walking to Boots but couldn't be arsed so I ended up just watching tele. I put on the funeral and it was so sad 😭 didn't like seeing the Queen sat on her own. Nearly fell asleep but didn't, ended up watching Tipping Point and the Chase. It really irks me when the contestant calls Ben, Ben like their bezzie mates. 'I'm gonna take the money Ben!' Dunno WHY it does me head in so much, what else are they gonna call him 😂 bf and baby came back, bf wanted to do the missing food shop but I just couldn't be bothered again 😂 so we'll do it tomorrow. Good job we don't need nothing urgent! My fella looked in the fridge and we had ran out of cling film, so I wrapped it in tin foil. He was like 'it looks like a brick of cocaine' 😂😂 it's not it's just a brick of mature cheddar! Anyway babies going to bed and we're getting a Chinese! Can't wait to shove a spring roll in me gob, just hook me up to a drip of curry sauce x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Hello again gang! Not much to report on from me today. I done a work out and it killed me off. Had a nice hot shower and contemplated walking to Boots but couldn't be arsed so I ended up just watching tele. I put on the funeral and it was so sad 😭 didn't like seeing the Queen sat on her own. Nearly fell asleep but didn't, ended up watching Tipping Point and the Chase. It really irks me when the contestant calls Ben, Ben like their bezzie mates. 'I'm gonna take the money Ben!' Dunno WHY it does me head in so much, what else are they gonna call him 😂 bf and baby came back, bf wanted to do the missing food shop but I just couldn't be bothered again 😂 so we'll do it tomorrow. Good job we don't need nothing urgent! My fella looked in the fridge and we had ran out of cling film, so I wrapped it in tin foil. He was like 'it looks like a brick of cocaine' 😂😂 it's not it's just a brick of mature cheddar! Anyway babies going to bed and we're getting a Chinese! Can't wait to shove a spring roll in me gob, just hook me up to a drip of curry sauce x
I dont like Ben hes got a tight mouth, you have a look when he smiles.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Fell asleep this afternoon so missed the funeral. Watched some Friday Night Dinner. My boyfriend wanted a takeaway but I’m not really feeling it (first for everything) and we’ve got loads of food to get through so I said no and he went in a mood. Had a shower and I’m now cooking dinner. We are having smoky bbq chicken and black beans loaded wedges with cheese. Although I’m currently stood waiting for the chicken to cook shovelling the grated cheese into my mouth. So it might all be gone before I dish up lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
I just read your post again to see if you had mentioned if either your Mum or Nan were overweight (as I find it's often the chubby matriarch that likes to dish out the criticism!) and they've been bloody mean to you. I heartily recommend building a higher wall between you and them for your mental health. Your family should support you, not blindly, but they should have your back and those two were nasty today. You dealt with it really well.
Thanks :) . My Nana's always been a healthy weight and my mum (they're not related) was always a healthy weight when I was growing up (apart from a period of very bad mental health where she was severely underweight) but now she's a bit podgy due to all the alcohol. She's always had issues with my weight though. I was underweight as a kid (a right little runt) and became obese in my teens and stayed that way ever since. I have to be careful with how high I build the wall up because she does have a lot of issues and I don't feel like I can just abandon her, but I'm slowly trying to learn how to put myself first and her second rather than try and be her parent. Usually when she's sober she's nowhere near as bad, I think she was just spoiling for a fight this morning.

Anyway, I'm done letting it ruin my day and in much happier news I've finished cooking! I went for a very inauthentic spread and I have:
- chicken and lentil curry
- chicken, garlic and tomato curry
- mushroom and pea curry
- naan bread (not homemade)

and left-overs of the first two for tomorrow so I'm well chuffed with this! Going to do some more transcribing, play some animal crossing and catch up on a few podcasts for a nice, chill Saturday night.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My day ended up pretty great. The weather was perfect for washing so i got through 3 loads, messed around on animal crossing for a while, watched the funeral cried a lot, had an amazing long shower, hair wash, full on pamper. Didn't realise i had locked the husband and son out who had returned from fishing 🙈🙈
My son is 5, today was his first ever fishing trip he caught 11 fish. My husband could burst with pride and is trying to get him fb famous on fishing groups 🙄🙄

Started the day with a doughnut breakfast, had a huge dominoes dinner (or lunch if you are that way inclined) and an afternoon snack of half an easter egg.
I will have an extra portion of veg on my roast tomorrow to make up for it 😂😂

Now I'm lying on the settee watching unforgotten, waiting on a few tex mex snacky bits coming out of the oven (judge away trust me I'm judging myself hard) and as it's the weekend i will end the night with a few joints

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Although I’m currently stood waiting for the chicken to cook shovelling the grated cheese into my mouth. So it might all be gone before I dish up lol.
Haha, I do this all the time!

Went for a run about 9am, was already pretty warm. Whilst dodging a family on a footpath through a wooded area I found another path which I never knew existed 👌 It opened up into a field. There was an obvious path around the edge but don't think it's that frequently used and I can incorporate it into a nice little 5km.
PXL_20210417_082248384.jpg

Came home, Pupper had been crying the whole time I was out 🙊. Had a shower and then a fattening brunch if hash browns, eggs and hummus on toast. Dried my hair before taking the dog for a walk. Was thinking about braving Home Bargains but chickened out, am gonna go tomorrow for opening (I've only been in a post office and Coop in 13 months 😢) Watched Qualifying which was actually pretty good, then made flapjack and tried to watch the funeral, but was being distracted by the dogs fighting/playing. Had a cry. Wanted to have a nap, but then husband told me his parents were gonna pop round 🙄 so I didn't bother. They only stayed for 20 minutes thank god. Made Stir fry for tea, played Pandemic and watched Vacation. Having an early night. Can't keep my eyes open, combination of crying, disturbed sleep and hay fever.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@calmyourritas my boyfriend’s most said phrase to me is ‘stop eating cheese!’ Cos I’ll just go in the fridge and eat grated cheese straight from the bag. I also bite the block of Parmesan which he thinks is revolting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
had my chinese also, watched a movie, bf went to bed, currently sat on the sofa bed dying of thirst but can't move because kitty decided to sit on me 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Walked 9k. Went to the beach and the park. Ate healthy all day thank god 😂

Line of duty date with scotland around 11 🥰

@WilmaHun haha so true ! And congrats chick !! Woo 🏠

@watermelon sugar post some of that to me plz 🥵😂

Have to say aswell, this is 10 mins from my house and finally got some sun today. 😍

IMG_20210417_192905_226.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
It really irks me when the contestant calls Ben, Ben like their bezzie mates. 'I'm gonna take the money Ben!' Dunno WHY it does me head in so much, what else are they gonna call him 😂
I was saying this to my mum when Pointless contestants called Alexander "Xander" or when people on Repair Shop call Jay by name. I'm like ughhh stop it, it's so overfamiliar 🤢

Well gang I'm back and slightly drunk from my night out. I foresee dark and difficult times ahead for me in the morning. The night out was okay-ish but my self-consciousness kind of ruined the night a bit for me. You know when you see a few pics of yourself and you just want to have a face transplant. Maybe I should grow out my fringe first before getting said face transplant, just to see how I feel 🤪 Also Man City lost against Chelsea and there seemed to be loads of Chelsea fans in the bar so that annoyed me too 🤣

• Heart
I’ve had a busy couple of days so haven’t been on here as much and looks like I have lots to catch up on!

Last night we had dinner and drinks with friends. We wanted to go to a pizza place which is so difficult to get into and they don’t take reservations so I went along at 4.40pm to get my name on the list and managed to snag a 9pm slot. We then had pre dinner drinks at our apartment (mixing households is allowed here) then went for dinner and scoffed down the most delish pizzas and calzones, was well worth the wait and so nice to socialize with people other than just MrGP all the time 😂 I didn’t have the best sleep last night, ended up awake from about 3 to 5am 😞 I always find I don’t sleep as well after a few drinks (maybe I should take that as a sign....🤔)

I did a workout in the park this morning, got an iced coffee then went back home for shower/change before walking into the city for brunch and a few drinks. Was lovely just wandering around and having a good old laugh just being silly together. The clouds were looking pretty epic on our walk home so we stopped on the bridge to take a few photos. Ordered Thai takeaway for dinner and it’s just arrived but I actually feel way too tired to even eat it as it’s so late now and I’m exhausted after a crap sleep last night and all the walking I did today.
37551690-96B2-41F6-ACD7-EF1234B00F2A.jpeg

Hope everyone’s having a lovely weekend 😃

Thanks. I'm alright but usually she's only this bad when she's been drinking and she didn't sound drunk this morning so now I'm worried that her alcoholism might be causing permanent personality changes. It sucks but she knows that I'll be there to help her if she wants to get better and I can't force her to seek help, so I just need to keep working on building this (low level) wall between us for my own sake.

I had a nice walk down to Aldi in the sunshine with some good music (oh 90s Britpop how I still love you) and have proper lemon, coriander and chillies to cook my curry with. I know that I'm making really good strides recently with my my mental and physical health, as well as with my spending so it's not bothering me as much as it would have done a few weeks ago.
@AnderbeauJohnson Aw I’m so sorry to hear about what your mum and grandmother said to you but so glad to hear you sounding so positive still. It is easier said than done but stay strong, keep moving forward and don’t let them bring you down 💗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Morning everyone! Happy Sunday! I was up early yesterday as it was finally hair day and my appointment was 9am. So I got up snd and walked to the hairdressers still ploughing on with American Dirt I do like it I just don’t love it. Hayfever was really bad and eyes streaming again.
So nice to see my hairdresser I’ve not seen her since December so had a good catch up. Hair highlighted, had a toner, olaplex treatment and a good cut. I also had an amazing brownie at the hairdressers as she had a little treat table set up for the first Saturday back. Walked home from the hairdressers via the brownie shop which is just round the corner and I’d never been before so fancied a look. Came out £12.00 lighter but with lots of goodies including a stromboli and cinnamon bun for lunch and a brownie and blondie to share with my husband after dinner.
Home and caught up with my husband before he had to work and I walked to my lash tint appointment in the village. So many of the pubs on the way full of people enjoying a drink it really made me want a drink. Home and cleaned the whole downstairs watched some of the funeral felt so sad for the queen thought she looked so small and older. Husband finished work about 8.30 if made butter chicken and coriander rice for tea. We then caught up on the doghouse and enjoyed our brownie and blondie. Didn’t have a drink so no hangover today.
Have a fab day and I’ll be back later with another riveting update!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Morning all.
Didn’t get around to updating my day yesterday but it was so lovely, best day in a long time.

Had breakfast in bed with my son before dropping him over to mums then I popped back home to have the surprise zoom baby shower for my best mate who lives a couple of hours away from me. Was so nice to chat and laugh together. By the time we finished that it was lunchtime so I rustled up a steak salad which was lovely. Headed back to mums and played in the garden for a couple of hours with my boy since the weather was glorious. Then sat and watched the funeral with my mum, it was very sad but nice he had the kind of service he wanted. I then headed to my friends garden with my camping chair and met 3 other friends there - 2 of which live miles away so it’d been about 18 months since we’d all been face to face and it was so lovely. Once we were chatting it was like we’d never been apart. The sun stayed too so it was lovely and warm the whole time we were there. Picked up son from mums and got home about 8:30 and was too tired for a proper dinner so just snacked.

Not sure what today holds, maybe a walk but need to sort school stuff out too as they go back tomorrow. Have a great Sunday all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Morning gang,

@GoofyPrincess pleeeeassse continue to post pictures of your walks etc. as that view has me all 🥰 I would love to go back to New York. Have you always lived there?

Going to be a quiet day for us today. It’s mine and Mr NBT’s 13 year anniversary today ♥ Which makes me feel olddddd.

Should be amending our holiday so it’ll be nice to have something to look forward to even if it’s waaaay in the future!

Have a happy Sunday and speak to you all later!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.