What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone! Today I have subscribed to this very entertaining forum! I have been reading for a few months now, and I enjoyed it so much I thought I should join in.

Reactions: 11
That's it!! Everyone here must know him, I've told a few of my mates he lives above us and they all name drop him cos of Nandos 🤣
Hahaha sometimes he delivers to us and I always get annoyed with my boyfriend for talking to him at the door because my food gets cold 🤣 Bless him he’s famous 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I haven’t done much today. Had a shower and put clean pyjamas on. Used my Superdrug skincare bits - the vitamin e range is so good and affordable.

Watch Prince Phillip’s funeral. Really sad but powerful with all the music. Hope the Queen is having a drink.

Rosie fell asleep behind me on the sofa 🥰

5FD71B4F-7AC4-4826-899F-47D4E48C0143.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My day has been very up and down. I was having a fairly good morning then phoned my mum (as she said she really wanted a catch-up) but she was in a proper aggy mood and ended up having a right old go at me, telling me (for no reason) how disorganised I am with cleaning, how useless I am with money, about how fat I am, how I was a weird kid that was difficult to look after and how I'm still a weird adult (despite knowing full well how much it hurts me emotionally when she brings up my 'weirdness') and the conversation ended with me having to apologise for ruining a shirt that she bought me... when I was a four year old, only for her to start bringing up more things that annoyed her about me when I was a kid. Luckily the phone call ended soon after that.

Then my nana rang and, unprompted, brought up my weight and kept mentioning it for 90% of the phonecall... about how I need to diet (I am) and how I need to do a proper diet (I am) and not a silly diet (I'm not)...she meant well but, like many of our nanas, she has no tact.

Needless to say my mood went through the floor after these calls but I didn't binge to make myself feel better! I had a nap for three and a bit hour instead (was only aiming for one hour but I guess I needed it) 😄 . I feel quite a lot better after my sleep and I accidentally slept through lunch so I have unexpected calories to play with. I'm going full on Indian fakeaway with a starter, a main and two sides, including a 'naan wrap' that I found in Aldi the other day that I'm curious to try.

There will be leftovers for tomorrow as well (probably lunch and dinner) so that's perked me right up. Plus my football team went back to the premiership today! Going to go for a walk to Aldi to hunt down some mushrooms and then get on with cooking.

• Heart
  • Sad
Hi everyone hope you had a good Saturday!

I volunteered at the vaccination centre this morning and omggg the IT was down so we were back to paper forms then the printer broke so we ran out of forms 😭 it was super busy but we were a good team so we got back on track eventually and everyone coming in was so kind!
I came straight home to rest my aching feet (I need some more supportive trainers than converse) and decided I needed a day bath, seems so decadent in the day doesn’t it? I ended up being in there for 2 hours cos I started watching Prince Phillips funeral and couldn’t stop - I’m no staunch royalist but something about seeing how tiny the queen looked all on her own made me cry!

Was going to wash my car cos it’s a state but languished for too long so now I’m cooking a lasagne for dinner instead. I won’t have tv control tonight cos the F1 is on, will probably end up being on here all night instead..

• Heart
@jarv i hope you will have a nice time out and clear your head a bit! these things can be easy to get into an argument over if you're not on the same page but it's best to solve them when you've cooled off and can have a proper conversation :) my bf also sometimes makes me feel like i'm crazy over conversations that he says never happened 😂 truth is men just don't pay attention 🙄🙄

@AnderbeauJohnson i know it's easier said than done but try not to let it get to you! mothers and grandmothers seem to like doing that 🙄 you deserve treating yourself with that indian takeaway tonight and rewarding yourself for resisting the stress binge :)

speaking of takeaways, @watermelon sugar you've inspired us - we're also getting chinese :D 🫖🥡🥢

• Heart
@AnderbeauJohnson i know it's easier said than done but try not to let it get to you! mothers and grandmothers seem to like doing that 🙄 you deserve treating yourself with that indian takeaway tonight and rewarding yourself for resisting the stress binge :)
Thanks. I'm alright but usually she's only this bad when she's been drinking and she didn't sound drunk this morning so now I'm worried that her alcoholism might be causing permanent personality changes. It sucks but she knows that I'll be there to help her if she wants to get better and I can't force her to seek help, so I just need to keep working on building this (low level) wall between us for my own sake.

I had a nice walk down to Aldi in the sunshine with some good music (oh 90s Britpop how I still love you) and have proper lemon, coriander and chillies to cook my curry with. I know that I'm making really good strides recently with my my mental and physical health, as well as with my spending so it's not bothering me as much as it would have done a few weeks ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks. I'm alright but usually she's only this bad when she's been drinking and she didn't sound drunk this morning so now I'm worried that her alcoholism might be causing permanent personality changes. It sucks but she knows that I'll be there to help her if she wants to get better and I can't force her to seek help, so I just need to keep working on building this (low level) wall between us for my own sake.

I had a nice walk down to Aldi in the sunshine with some good music (oh 90s Britpop how I still love you) and have proper lemon, coriander and chillies to cook my curry with. I know that I'm making really good strides recently with my my mental and physical health, as well as with my spending so it's not bothering me as much as it would have done a few weeks ago.
Honestly family make me so mad sometimes, i can’t imagine ever saying any of those things but I’ve also heard it all. I know it’s hard but try not to take it to heart too much, you are working on how you think about food etc which is such a amazing place to start.
I’ve had a funny day, went to my grandmothers to watch the funeral which I found a little impersonal tbh but I only watched it to keep her company. I got home and seconds later a UPS van turned up. I opened a box and it had a gold ring in it with Thea stamped into the gold. Mum had nothing to do with it and neither did any of my friends. Then noticed it had some Arabic writing on it and basically my ex had it makes for me ages ago and sent it anyway as what use would he have for a ring with my dogs name on it. Odd day ..

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hey everyone,

I have read everyone’s updates so far but I’m going to be pretty useful at replying individually today as I’m a couple of wines down already 😂

Today we went to a country park nearby. It was really nice, we had a good walk round and then the kids played in the park whilst we sat in the sun ☀

We got home and the kids went off to do their own thing while we watched Prince Phillip’s funeral. I found it really emotional in some parts, particularly seeing the Queen alone and Prince Charles so upset.

Tonight we’ve had a big sweet and sour with naan, prawn crackers and poppadoms. We have lots of family shows lined up to watch tonight. We watched that singing show on BBC1 last weekend and enjoyed that, so will be that again plus In For A Penny, the new Vernon Kay thing and Alan Carr. Proper coach potatoes!

We’ve been browsing holidays on and off the last few days. Still no travel update or anything helpful from TUI which means we’ll be amending our holiday to next year. We’re changing it completely though and going in the summer holidays to a different country that originally planned. I’ll update tomorrow as no doubt we’ll end up making amendments then.

Hope you enjoy your evenings! ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
I agree with those who've said about the family tactlessness. I think it's so rude when mine are like that and they do it ALL the time. They think I'm really sensitive! It makes me hardly share anything with them. I once mentioned that it was odd that my then 4 year old daughter said she had a bad head ( a complete one-off) then my Mum straight away decided that she was depressed so every call for about a month was discussing her 'depression'. She told loads of people in the village they live in too.

I am just back from an epic 5 hour trip to the shops with 4 x 12 year olds and a 9 year old and all I can say is OH MY GOD. I am not moving off the sofa all night. I feel like a cry so might watch Phillip's funeral later. Hope you all enjoyed your takeaways etc... x

• Heart
  • Wow
@AnderbeauJohnson , what is it with family members thinking comments on weight are fair game. I’m angry on your behalf. You’ve had a fab week and an amazing loss and seems like your head is in a good place with regards to your weight loss. Don’t let these insensitive comments detail you. @jarv , I think baby talk freaks loads of men out, even though you’ve discussed before Indint think it’s unusual that they seem to ’forget’. Keep talking , it will all work out. @watermelon sugar, result swerving the visit to Nannas and I hope you enjoy the Chinese. I’m a bit peeved tbh, called to order in advance and waited in the phone queue for half hour, in the meantime husband drove over to the shop and he’s ordered while I was still number five in the bloody queue. I could have ordered one from Cape Town and ran there the amount of time it’s taking ;-) Plus there a half hour wait. I want some free prawn crackers for the upset. Watched the funeral of Prince Phillip, thought it was beautifully done and Windsor looked stunning on such a gorgeous day. Took some washing to my parents hopefully for the last time as kitchen is finished next week and I can be reunited with my beloved washing machine 😂.

Honestly family make me so mad sometimes, i can’t imagine ever saying any of those things but I’ve also heard it all. I know it’s hard but try not to take it to heart too much, you are working on how you think about food etc which is such a amazing place to start.
I’ve had a funny day, went to my grandmothers to watch the funeral which I found a little impersonal tbh but I only watched it to keep her company. I got home and seconds later a UPS van turned up. I opened a box and it had a gold ring in it with Thea stamped into the gold. Mum had nothing to do with it and neither did any of my friends. Then noticed it had some Arabic writing on it and basically my ex had it makes for me ages ago and sent it anyway as what use would he have for a ring with my dogs name on it. Odd day ..
How are you feeling about receiving the ring.....that would f*ck with my head . Hope u r ok

• Heart
My day has been very up and down. I was having a fairly good morning then phoned my mum (as she said she really wanted a catch-up) but she was in a proper aggy mood and ended up having a right old go at me, telling me (for no reason) how disorganised I am with cleaning, how useless I am with money, about how fat I am, how I was a weird kid that was difficult to look after and how I'm still a weird adult (despite knowing full well how much it hurts me emotionally when she brings up my 'weirdness') and the conversation ended with me having to apologise for ruining a shirt that she bought me... when I was a four year old, only for her to start bringing up more things that annoyed her about me when I was a kid. Luckily the phone call ended soon after that.

Then my nana rang and, unprompted, brought up my weight and kept mentioning it for 90% of the phonecall... about how I need to diet (I am) and how I need to do a proper diet (I am) and not a silly diet (I'm not)...she meant well but, like many of our nanas, she has no tact.

Needless to say my mood went through the floor after these calls but I didn't binge to make myself feel better! I had a nap for three and a bit hour instead (was only aiming for one hour but I guess I needed it) 😄 . I feel quite a lot better after my sleep and I accidentally slept through lunch so I have unexpected calories to play with. I'm going full on Indian fakeaway with a starter, a main and two sides, including a 'naan wrap' that I found in Aldi the other day that I'm curious to try.

There will be leftovers for tomorrow as well (probably lunch and dinner) so that's perked me right up. Plus my football team went back to the premiership today! Going to go for a walk to Aldi to hunt down some mushrooms and then get on with cooking.
I just read your post again to see if you had mentioned if either your Mum or Nan were overweight (as I find it's often the chubby matriarch that likes to dish out the criticism!) and they've been bloody mean to you. I heartily recommend building a higher wall between you and them for your mental health. Your family should support you, not blindly, but they should have your back and those two were nasty today. You dealt with it really well.

• Heart
Aw that is a lovely pic of Rosie @under the ivy ❤

@AnderbeauJohnson I'm sorry your mum and nan have been like that with you, but it does sound as though you've been able to stay in the positive! You just keep doing your own thing and focusing on what makes life better for you, it'll all come together. ❤

@OutrageouslyScarlet goodness me - I hope you're okay - try not to let it get to you too much ❤

And thanks everyone for the nice messages, it's nice to be able to open up about these things, especially when it can be difficult to do irl. We will be fine, and when there's a good time we can just revisit and get our heads around it a bit more.

I had such a lovely time with my friends this afternoon, it just felt like normal times! Just having a quick tea now as we've got a zoom call in a bit - hope everyone has a lovely evening! 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I really need to start reviewing my posts before I submit.

UseLESS and COUCH potatoes 🙈

I swear, I’ve not had THAT much wine!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.