What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can i be cheeky and ask are you English and moved to Croatia? Why there? Sorry tell me to sod off if you want 🙈🙈

I used to work as a travel agent and have wanted to visit Croatia for about 20years. It looks beyond beautiful 💖💖

Ps hope you and the Mr get well soon xx
of course, and thank you! 🥰 i'll take it as a compliment for my language skills that you think i'm english 😄

i am actually croatian, i've lived in croatia most of my life, then in ireland for 2 years after i finished uni here, then i moved back here to croatia 2 years ago. i've never lived in the uk but i've been many times! not sure where i want to be in the future either but for now it has to be croatia anyway due to circumstances :)

aww i hope you get to visit soon, i'd love to show you around as i also work(ed) as a travel agent and tour guide! :)

and thank you guys 💛💛💛 i hope we do and that it's just a spring cold or something!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@bolimepipi if you had to visit anywhere in England, not Ireland, Scotland or Wales, where would it be?? Ps hope you and your bf get better 😊 bless him he never seems well!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@bolimepipi if you had to visit anywhere in England, not Ireland, Scotland or Wales, where would it be?? Ps hope you and your bf get better 😊 bless him he never seems well!
he's had a tough year health wise! thank you 💛

i've been to bath three times and i always want to go back there, it's sooo beautiful! out of places i haven't seen, i'd like to go to devon and cornwall! and of course number 1 is liverpool ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Saddlesoap Love this! I love the tree and Rockefeller Center area at Christmas, I still insist on going every year!

@nbt No we moved over 4 years ago. I went a few times when I was younger and did a summer internship there and absolutely loved it and dreamed of moving there. MrGP insisted he hated it despite having never been and refused to even go on holiday, crazy person! Fast forward several years he got sent over on a work trip for a couple of weeks came home and admitted he loved it. So that was me straight back on the let’s move to NY bandwagon 😂 It took a while to sort but we were lucky enough to both get transferred over with our jobs.

Happy Anniversary 🥳 Hope you have a lovely day, and remember you’re only as old as you feel 😉
Aah I bloody love that. I would love to live that life. It’s the one place outside of England that I think I would consider in the future once the kids are grown up.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi guys, so I haven’t updated in a couple of days. Mostly because I’ve been at work, and it’s so tit there atm that I run the risk of becoming one of those bores who just complains about work all the time and ain’t nobody got time for that. *sassy finger snaps*

Other than that, I haven’t been up to much. The children are back at nursery and school tomorrow, hooray for some routine again! I think the Easter holidays are just too long, we’ve had outbursts and tantrums a plenty in this household. They are ready to go back. My own mood has been terrible lately, feel very emotional and weepy (in private, I don’t do tears in front of people very often). No idea, probably hormones as ToM should be approaching soon (I say should, they’ve been erratic the last few months). Haven’t really made the most of the restrictions lifting yet, I’ll be honest my anxiety is through the roof lately and I think it’s been putting me off wanting to go anywhere. I have a constant sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach most days too.

So yeah, I’m going to eat some dinner and then get ready for another shift. I slept so well today but only because I was so bloody knackered from last night’s. OH made me a cup of tea and bacon roll this morning, bless, but I fell asleep and missed out. Gutted. 😩

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday. ❤

Can’t believe I’m missing LoD tonight. 😤

@nbt Happy anniversary 🥂 ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Afternoon all, Haven't done a lot today, delivered some of my homemade flapjacks to my mum, then did the weekly food shop, came home cooked lunch Chicken with all the trimming, washed the dishes and tided the kitchen and Ive just poured myself a glass of Whisky and coke and Im just relaxing until LOD comes on tonight.

• Heart
I have a confession to make.....

I've never watched LoD mainly i think because my husband always bangs on about it and he's made me sick of the sound of it

But.... I'm in desperate need of something good to watch 🧐🧐

To keep on topic. Kids now bathed and upstairs, and i nagged the husband earlier until he agreed to let me have my birthday present early. My birthday is July. But tomorrow i get my switch lite delivered.

Basically I've really screwed up the island layout on animal crossing so I'm leaving that one to the kids and making me own 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
he's had a tough year health wise! thank you 💛

i've been to bath three times and i always want to go back there, it's sooo beautiful! out of places i haven't seen, i'd like to go to devon and cornwall! and of course number 1 is liverpool ;)
Cornwall is a stunning place! Some of the beaches look like they could be abroad.
618741D9-1C27-4599-A8F3-CE3365013DF1.jpeg

That’s Porthcurno beach when I visited 🙂

• Heart
@bolimepipi I hope you feel better tomorrow and your spirits lift. Does feel like everything happens at once doesn’t it, I’m sure kitty cuddles is the medicine
You need! Also you need to come to the south coast, as under the ivy said Cornwall is stunning and so is Dorset (where I’m from)
@under the ivy i am so super Jel I cannot find the confidence to start again at the moment. That’s amazing that you’ve gone straight into it again.

@LittleMy don’t push pressure on yourself. I think normal life is going to be overwhelming for a while..we’ve all been through a lot and with your job you’ve seen more than most. So massive hugs and I get you with the quiet little cries. Sometimes they help. ❤
I am shattered but god aren’t they lighter Warmer evenings heaven? Have a beaut evening all xx

• Heart
@under the ivy i am so super Jel I cannot find the confidence to start again at the moment. That’s amazing that you’ve gone straight into it again.
Aw I know how you feel. I hadn’t driven a car since last October and I’ve been so anxious about it. My instructor was like ‘right drive’ literally as soon as I got to the car and I was like FML 🤣 Automatic is the way to go 🙌 You can do it x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello hello

I'm soooo tired 😴 early night for me. I woke up frightened to death at 1.30am this morning cos my fella was still awake and I could hear him having a coughing fit in the livingroom. It proper scared me I thought he was choking to death 😂 but I werent scared enough cos I didnt get up to check if he was OK I just went back to sleep 😂

We did our food shop, I say we but it's mainly me bouncing round the Asda and my fella and the baby following me with the trolley 😂

We got back and got ready cos we were meeting our friends who have a 9 month old for a walk and some lunch. We walked all the way down to the pier which is a proper mish. We decided to get our scran probably at the coldest spot 🤯 it was absolutely freeeeeezing. But worth it 😋 we had a Pizza Hut. We got a massive chicken supreme pizza, fries, cheesey garlic bread and 2 cookie doughs with ice cream. The cookie dough from Pizza Hut is better than sex dont @ me. Although the ice cream just killed me off it was frabs kebabs 🥶🥶🥶 picked the coldest/cloudiest day of the week to go for a massive walk and food. I just wore a small checked jacket over my outfit that barely kept me warm. I did have my big scarf that is like a blanket draped over me as well. My fella give me his coat, the cutie 🥺

Where I live just gets rammed when it's Summer cos we're by the beach. Shite beach like. We were walking back across the bridge which is over a lake with like brown water and some mad bastard jumped off the bridge 😂 he probs caught hepatitis. Couldnt be arsed. It was chocka i hate it. Covid who 😚✌🏻

We got back and I was SHATTERED. I always get a weird feeling when I see our friends. Their 9 month old doesn't shut up, I'm happy for them ofc but I get slightly jealous because our baby has never been like that. He's never babbled. I just worry about him and that wave of sadness came over me. I just dont think that I've done enough. I just say to my fella all the time 'what have I done wrong??' I know every baby is different but can't help but worry 😔 I'm just waiting for the day he starts babbling. I mean, he does the odd thing here and there. Like yesterday he was saying hiya loads then nothing today. He's just so random 😭 I hope it gets better anyway. Soz just pure rambled there like 🤣

Anyway I was SHATTERED. made a cuppa and nearly fell asleep. Made the baby some vegetable cous cous for his tea 🤪 me fella was watching the match so I gave the baby a bath and he proper had the giggles. He's proper funny. Me and my fella have proper dirty laughs so combined the babies got one filthy laugh it's dead funny 🤣

He's only had 1 short nap today so he's shattered. So am i to be fair, early night for me 🤣 we were in Pizza hut as well and watermelon sugar by Harry styles came on and me fella punched me and went 'wheeeeeey' 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Hello hello

I'm soooo tired 😴 early night for me. I woke up frightened to death at 1.30am this morning cos my fella was still awake and I could hear him having a coughing fit in the livingroom. It proper scared me I thought he was choking to death 😂 but I werent scared enough cos I didnt get up to check if he was OK I just went back to sleep 😂

We did our food shop, I say we but it's mainly me bouncing round the Asda and my fella and the baby following me with the trolley 😂

We got back and got ready cos we were meeting our friends who have a 9 month old for a walk and some lunch. We walked all the way down to the pier which is a proper mish. We decided to get our scran probably at the coldest spot 🤯 it was absolutely freeeeeezing. But worth it 😋 we had a Pizza Hut. We got a massive chicken supreme pizza, fries, cheesey garlic bread and 2 cookie doughs with ice cream. The cookie dough from Pizza Hut is better than sex dont @ me. Although the ice cream just killed me off it was frabs kebabs 🥶🥶🥶 picked the coldest/cloudiest day of the week to go for a massive walk and food. I just wore a small checked jacket over my outfit that barely kept me warm. I did have my big scarf that is like a blanket draped over me as well. My fella give me his coat, the cutie 🥺

Where I live just gets rammed when it's Summer cos we're by the beach. Shite beach like. We were walking back across the bridge which is over a lake with like brown water and some mad bastard jumped off the bridge 😂 he probs caught hepatitis. Couldnt be arsed. It was chocka i hate it. Covid who 😚✌🏻

We got back and I was SHATTERED. I always get a weird feeling when I see our friends. Their 9 month old doesn't shut up, I'm happy for them ofc but I get slightly jealous because our baby has never been like that. He's never babbled. I just worry about him and that wave of sadness came over me. I just dont think that I've done enough. I just say to my fella all the time 'what have I done wrong??' I know every baby is different but can't help but worry 😔 I'm just waiting for the day he starts babbling. I mean, he does the odd thing here and there. Like yesterday he was saying hiya loads then nothing today. He's just so random 😭 I hope it gets better anyway. Soz just pure rambled there like 🤣

Anyway I was SHATTERED. made a cuppa and nearly fell asleep. Made the baby some vegetable cous cous for his tea 🤪 me fella was watching the match so I gave the baby a bath and he proper had the giggles. He's proper funny. Me and my fella have proper dirty laughs so combined the babies got one filthy laugh it's dead funny 🤣

He's only had 1 short nap today so he's shattered. So am i to be fair, early night for me 🤣 we were in Pizza hut as well and watermelon sugar by Harry styles came on and me fella punched me and went 'wheeeeeey' 🤣🤣
I heard watermelon sugar on the radio the other day and I thought of you 😂

Pizza Hut cookie dough is delish! Dominoes cookies are well nice too

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello hello

Aww this puts a lump in my throat. It’s so easy to compare your child to others (we all do it!) but from what you’ve said it sounds like your little watermelon is making progress with his hiyas 😍

When my stepdaughter was a baby she was very quiet and so serious all the time. Eventually she started coming out of her shell with people she felt close and comfortable to. She’s a proper gobshite now when she wants to be 😂 what I’m trying (unsuccessfully!) to say is don’t worry, babies and kids are their own person and they’ll do things in their own time. The main thing is that you see these things and do worry about him because you are obviously a caring mum ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello hello

I am agree with @nbt on the babbling thing. Plus, your friend's chatty little one might turn into a child that NEVER STOPS TALKING.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
@under the ivy @OutrageouslyScarlet omg that looks beautiful! 😍 i did want to add dorset, realized a few mins after i posted :)

@watermelon sugar aww as soon as you mentioned your friend with the baby i thought you might get that feeling again 🥺 i have no experience with babies but i really don't think you should worry or think you haven't done enough! we are all different aren't we when it comes to how much we talk and socialize etc so i'm sure we're all different as babies as well :) 💛

as we're on the topic of kids, i just had a videochat with 3 friends. 2 of them are a few months pregnant and the 3rd one just announced it to us, that's why she wanted us to do the call. they were making jokes about how i'm the only one on the call who's not pregnant and i was just there sitting with my cat like 🥴 weird feeling! eta: obviously i'm delighted for my friend it's her third :D

Last edited:
  • Heart
Aww this puts a lump in my throat. It’s so easy to compare your child to others (we all do it!) but from what you’ve said it sounds like your little watermelon is making progress with his hiyas 😍

When my stepdaughter was a baby she was very quiet and so serious all the time. Eventually she started coming out of her shell with people she felt close and comfortable to. She’s a proper gobshite now when she wants to be 😂 what I’m trying (unsuccessfully!) to say is don’t worry, babies and kids are their own person and they’ll do things in their own time. The main thing is that you see these things and do worry about him because you are obviously a caring mum ♥
It's so hard not to compare isn't it! I always feel a bit nervous when I meet up with my friend cos of how much her baby is getting on with her speech. But then at the same time when mini watermelon was her babies age he was more advanced than how she is with his motor skills!! Babies really are just different but you can't help but notice when you're their Mum 😔

She sounds like our baby! He's a little mad head when he's just with us 2, bounces round the place like he owns the gaff and terrorises us! Then soon as he sees anyone else he's sooo serious! I hope he snaps out of it and becomes a gobshite 😂 I can't wait for the day he doesn't shut up. Think I'll cry 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Aww @watermelon sugar, Mini Watermelon already has such a personality developing, just from what you've told us here. I'm a few months you'll be updating that he's not given you a moment's peace all day! Hopefully now that things are opening up again you and him can hang out with other kids his age and he'll come out of his shell a bit more.

-

Been in such a strange old mood today, I've been a right moody mare - it's a good job I've been on my own today, I've felt like Kevina the teenager.

Had a nice long walk this morning but overeaten. I decided to allow myself a specific amount of food over my calories as I was otherwise going to purchase everything at the One Stop, which has actually stopped me dead in my tracks and I haven't eaten all that yet and now that I know I'm allowing myself it I'm not too fussed. I feel incredibly antsy but about nothing in particular so there isn't a way to fix what isn't a probelm. I must have just slept odd or something. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@GoofyPrincess wow that pic of NYC is fantastic!!
@nbt congrats on 13 years, what an amazing milestone! 🥰
@under the ivy nice one on your driving lesson 👏🏻 you sound like you've picked it up much quicker than I did!
@bolimepipi I hope you and bf feel better soon! Definitely visit Cornwall if you can, as under the ivy said, the coastline is beautiful! The scones. fish and chips and Cornish pasties taste extra good down there too
@Meangirl815 please watch LOD, I think they're all on iPlayer and you'll be addicted. Then come and join the LOD thread on here 😆
@watermelon sugar that really tickled me to learn your baby has a filthy laugh already 🤣 also I forgot to tell you last night but I brought up Plazzy Scousers to my Birko friends saying that my "friend" told me about them ;) and they started talking about woolybacks and I was like "yes I've heard of that word from my friend also 👀"

I escaped a hangover this morning!! Woke up with a fuzzy mouth but nothing my weekend pancakes and a brew couldn't fix. I've been doing well with avoiding hangovers this week, long many it continue 🤞🏻 Woke up with a cut/scratch on my cheek somehow. I think it's kind of badass, I'm feeling like one of my fave rappers in this music video he did:

1618772252780.png

Obvs his is fake but heres me like *googles how to give myself a scar*

I wanted a proper chill day lying in my bed watching hours of Youtube but I only managed to get through one long video then realised I had boring stuff to be doing: changing my bedsheets, doing laundry, making banana bread to try and use up that coconut flour, booking train tickets to work on Tuesday, watering plants, taking the recycling out, nipping to Aldi.... boring stuff really. Then I went to RSPCA for my usual cat cuddling shift - one of my faves attacked me!! He cornered me and proper went for me everytime I tried to move. He's a big lad of a cat so I was actually a bit like "duck, I'm trapped 😬". Very strange behaviour as he's never done that before. Maybe I was jiggling his fat belly too much lol whoops

Got back, washed my hair, did my skincare, am tucking into my burger and sweet potato wedges now with a Diet Coke 🤤 I worked out how to get my burger to hold together - fry it so much it almost burns 😅 Gonna watch some more Youtube before LOD at 9pm then park myself on that thread until late

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.