What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My parents used to do the present shopping on Dec 23rd at the earliest each year because otherwise my sister would find the presents and tell me what they were.

I can only imagine it was somewhat similar to Jingle All The Way

I love that movie so much! 😂

Morning gang

OH set his alarm for 5.30 as he wanted to go to the gym before work at 8. He changed his mind, ended up not going to the gym and came back to bed. Lucky bugger fell right to sleep but could I fall over again? Could I duck.

Anyway, he fecked off to work and I got the kids ready for school. Littlest was playing up and wouldn’t get dressed, he just wanted to run around in the buff showing everyone his bum so I thought “duck, I don’t have time for this we’re going to be late”. Managed to wrestle him into some clothes and get out the door. Luckily we got there on time (I hate being late to anything it just throws my whole day off). Dropped them off and started hiking it back up the hill just
as it started chucking it down. Luckily I had my new jacket on which kept me nice and dry, but by the time I got to my door the sun was splitting the sky and I’d undid my jacket because I was roasting. 🥵

Just tidied up the kitchen and am about to make a slice of toast and a cuppa for breakfast. I don’t feel very hungry this morning, I actually woke up feeling sick to my stomach. Probably just tiredness and I’ll perk up a bit after a brew.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning everyone,

@under the ivy I’m pleased you had a good sleep in the end.

@LittleMy I have a coat similar to yours and I had to practically peel it off me after the school run 😅 it gets so hot so quickly!

Whyyyyy do I moan I’m tired during the day, have all good intentions of getting an early night and then stay awake til the early hours? Actually the reason for that last night is because I was reading a good book I wanted to finish 😂 but then I struggled to get up this morning. Two more schools runs left til half term…

Today feels loooong already. I got home, finished the last little bit of ironing and logged on for work. I felt a bit overwhelmed within about 10 minutes as had loads of people emailing chasing things up that I wouldn’t normally deal with. I have two fairly big tasks I need to finish by Friday as I’m on leave next week and one of the managers has also sent me a couple of little bits 😫 I’ve managed to clear some bits in the first hour and then made a drink and having 10 minutes out ready to dive back in again 😬

Hope everyone has a good day x

• Heart
Hate it when you get all dressed up in your winter clothes and you step outside and start melting!! I hate being too hot, I wear t-shirts in Winter 😂

I need to write a progress report today. It’s one of those tasks that I have to do but it takes me away from actual PhD writing!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m now floating about in the house with a cable knit cardigan on because I’m chilly. Can’t win! 🤷🏼‍♀️ 😂

That must be so annoying when you just want to crack on with the actual work. 😩❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Today is quite warm I've been wearing my summer jacket. Anyway regarding Xmas I got my mum another present today so she's got 3 so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Morning all!

So it’s turned really mild here again - our weather is all over the place just now - so I dragged myself up and got ready to go into the office seeing as I didn’t need to look out tights etc. Currently having a coffee while I wait on Goofy Prince getting ready, he’s always late 😬 I never used to commute with him for that very reason but seeing as it’s so rare we’re both in the office I thought I would wait on him!

• Heart
I am not a happy bunny, I think i have a chest infection, I was up most of the night with a really bronchial cough that made me feel sick in the end, now I’m just coughing away in bed watching you with a pulsating headache. I did a lateral flow test last night and it was negative but think I’ll do another as I do feel bloody awful.
I’m going to go have a hot bubble bath, can everyone send ice cream and irn bru please 🤞

• Heart
I am not a happy bunny, I think i have a chest infection, I was up most of the night with a really bronchial cough that made me feel sick in the end, now I’m just coughing away in bed watching you with a pulsating headache. I did a lateral flow test last night and it was negative but think I’ll do another as I do feel bloody awful.
I’m going to go have a hot bubble bath, can everyone send ice cream and irn bru please 🤞
Hope you feel better soon lovely ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Afternoon!

Went into town earlier as my mum got a her booster jab today! So went in a few shops got a couple of scrapbooks and a new photo album so im currently sorting all my photos!

Hope everyone is well 💜💜

• Heart
Reactions: 6
MD if you’re reading this, please come back 😂

I did a bit of my report writing today. Got a chart to make tomorrow and some other sections to write but shouldn’t take me too long.

Then I had a nap 😂😩 My sleeping pattern is so bad a lately. Woke up wondering what year I was in. Don’t feel 100% so I’ve put a pizza in the oven - plan was to make a chickpea and spinach tikka masala but I cba….

I just bought some make-up on my credit card too 🤭 My excuse is that I want to look fabulous on my driving test 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
So after waiting a good 20mins on Goofy Prince getting ready this morning to commute in together he then wouldn’t wait 5mins on me getting my coffee from tStarbucks next to the office - I was raging, he went off without me 😡

Regretting coming into the office as it’s my quietest days in ages so it’s dragging in. At least if I was home I could watch tv or do some housework or something to help pass the time.

Going to leave sharp (or maybe slightly early 😳) and run home then Goofy Prince is making his speciality culinary masterpiece of naan pizzas for dinner 🤣 It’s the only thing he seems to be able to make, otherwise it’s a takeaway if dinner is left to him.

I’ve been falling asleep so early recently so going to try and stay awake till at least 11pm tonight!

P.S been loving all the MD jokes 🤣

• Heart
Evening,

Should have been studying today really but it's half term and had a total sod it moment when I got up this morning! So instead had a lovely lunch out & went to see No Time To Die with my teen daughter (better than I expected, loved it) ate too much pick n mix, now at home watching Almas Not Normal which is absolutely brilliant. As Wednesdays go it's been a good one 👍

• Heart
I’m a random lurker but just wanted to say this cough and cold going around is so bad, I caught it and it turned into a chest infection too. Look after yourself x

• Heart
Ooh what a fun thread!
My day started at 6:30 - went to work aka mucked out horses for a couple hours
Came home and had breakfast while doing some research for my dissertation and finished off a draft proposal
Then went in the gym for an hour or so
Came back and had lunch, went for a brew at my grandmas
Came home had a nap and then made my teaaa
Now sat in bed and I think I’ve made a decision on my career and I’d love to be a pe teacher! 😁

• Heart
So after waiting a good 20mins on Goofy Prince getting ready this morning to commute in together he then wouldn’t wait 5mins on me getting my coffee from tStarbucks next to the office - I was raging, he went off without me 😡

Regretting coming into the office as it’s my quietest days in ages so it’s dragging in. At least if I was home I could watch tv or do some housework or something to help pass the time.

Going to leave sharp (or maybe slightly early 😳) and run home then Goofy Prince is making his speciality culinary masterpiece of naan pizzas for dinner 🤣 It’s the only thing he seems to be able to make, otherwise it’s a takeaway if dinner is left to him.

I’ve been falling asleep so early recently so going to try and stay awake till at least 11pm tonight!

P.S been loving all the MD jokes 🤣
This is one of the things I wonder about when I eventually go back to the office! Like how do you spend those minutes between meetings/ tasks?!? Is browsing on instagram acceptable?! Are you meant to show that you are on work stuff every single minute you are on your desk? How many tea breaks can one take? Ahhhh I have forgotten how to be “normal”!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.