What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone 👋

On a break from working even though I've been on and off Tattle all morning oops. I've just finished my report and now have a PowerPoint to make - ugh! I feel dead awkward making presentations and then presenting them! I'll add a couple of ✨ animations and transitions ✨ to make it look good lol!

Just had some Biscoff on toast - it tasted like soap?! That kinda rhymes.

Hope everyone is ok! Feel better soon @OutrageouslyScarlet x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Had a really positive day!
Work aka horses in the morning- nice and easy
Gym - leg day! Always a good day
Had avo on toast for lunch because #health
Then had university and got to see my boyfriend for a few hours - he’s just the best, I can’t believe I’m so lucky to have someone like him in my life
After university went back to the horses for a ride and it was excellent- so happy!
Genuinely don’t think I’ve ever been so happy, things just seem really good at the moment and I want to savour it forever🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hiii everyone,

Last night we went to go watch ice hockey and it was really fun. It was nice to be back. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a big fan or anything but we have the opportunity to go and we do enjoy it. Managed to get four tickets and my sister was in Nottingham studying so we met her and she came too. We won 4-3 🙌🏻 and the boy had his picture taken with the mascot Panther so he was very happy 😂 I printed a picture off for him this morning and he took it into school to show his mates 🖤💛

Got home pretty late but he fell straight to sleep and we had a cuppa and watched You. My throat feels like it’s got a massive lump in it though, it’s so sore 🥴 and after school today the boy has been coughing, so that’s good timing for half term! 🙄 I took a LFT this morning though just because we had some in and it was negative 🤷🏼‍♀️ I wonder when we’ll actually stop thinking that something could be Covid as soon as we feel rough?! I very rarely get colds though.

Today has been pretty uneventful, we’re just really tired so early nights all round 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is one of the things I wonder about when I eventually go back to the office! Like how do you spend those minutes between meetings/ tasks?!? Is browsing on instagram acceptable?! Are you meant to show that you are on work stuff every single minute you are on your desk? How many tea breaks can one take? Ahhhh I have forgotten how to be “normal”!
Instagaram/all social media and lots of other sites are blocked in my work so I can't even browse! I need to use my phone but then feel like it almost looks worse being glued to my phone all day 🤣

Hiii everyone,

Last night we went to go watch ice hockey and it was really fun. It was nice to be back.
Glad you had fun at the ice hockey. I always find it fun to watch but it's so fast paced I struggle to keep up with it and always lose where the puck is and miss the goals 🤣

Hello all!

Back working from the comfort of home today and had a pretty productive one all round. Got lots of work done, organized some more stuff for holiday and thought of a few Christmas and Birthday present ideas.

My manager (and kind of more of a friend really) at work is running the marathon so we having boring chat about how we're getting on every day. I messaged him this afternoon saying I'd planned on going out tonight to do hill work but thinking of skipping it because I'm so tired and my legs are really tight and don't want to risk any injuries now..... he replied no force yourself out. I'm like nooooo that's not the answer I wanted, you were meant to tell me to rest up 🤣 So sitting here feeling kind of guilty and thinking maybe I should just go.

Also, Goofy Price injured his knee a few weeks ago and hasn't been able to run since so fears he might have to pull out. He's really down/gutted about it so I also feel kind of bad when I do go out on my runs because I know how down he is about it all so I almost feel like I am rubbing his nose in it if you get what I mean. So anyways kind of feel like I can't win. When I go my runs I feel kind of bad and guilty for him and when I don't I feel guilty for myself for getting behind in my training 🤷‍♀️

I watched the first episode of DCI Banks last night. Not sure if anyone has watched it as it's a few years old now. I've never heard of it but came across it on Prime. Anyways enjoyed the first one so will probably watch some more of that tonight after dinner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’ve watched a few episodes of DCI Banks before @GoofyPrincess it’s quite good!

I’m halfway through my rewatch of Sex and The City - anyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with it 🤣 This must be my 4th time rewatching it. I watch the films after the series too! Bloody love it.

Just been browsing for winter coats even though I have a load already… if I pass my driving test I’ll treat myself 🤞

Night all x

• Heart
Happy Friday everyone 🥳

I went out this morning before starting work to get a takeaway coffee and chocolate croissant. I'm in such a bad rut of not leaving the apartment all day when working from home so trying to force myself out for some fresh air even if just for 5mins. Anyways when I ordered my croissant the guy asked if I spoke French because of my pronunciation of the word croissant - I was well chuffed as I cannot speak a word of French or any foreign language! I think it's just because us British people pronounce it very differently to Americans.

Caught up on the excitement that is Emmerdale at lunchtime and ordered a few things online - some bits from Sephora and a new pair of trainers.

I'm trying to get some stuff organized for Christmas but it's hard because I share lots of joint accounts (amazon, hotels.com, ticketmaster) with Goofy Prince so worried he'll see what I browse/buy and ruin the surprise.

Boring night and weekend for me lined up binge watching tv and eating :oops: Hopefully I'll start having more exciting updates in a few weeks once I start doing things again!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey, happy Friday 🥳

Not much has been happening. I had eldest’s paediatric review for his autism yesterday. I’d been dreading it for a while because since they’ve both been diagnosed there hasn’t been much support given (mostly due to Covid). I also had a few issues to raise with the paediatrician and I was worried about being fobbed off. Thankfully the appointment went well and I felt like we were heard. He’s been discharged for now and his support will mostly be school based.

Got eldest’s school photos home today - the grandparents will be thrilled as we didn’t get a Primary 1 photo due to COVID and lockdown. I also got my new mobile phone after a couple of weeks wait - was overdue an upgrade and went for the new iPhone 13 in pink. I love it. 💖

Had burgers from Aldi with chips for tea and am currently watching the utter shite that is Coronation Street. Looking forward to the weekend and getting out with the kids to do something fun hopefully after being ill over the half term.

Hope everyone’s doing okay ❤

• Heart
Hey up lads,

Happy Friday! 🥳

Last week, Mr nbt said he’d start taking the boy to school on his bike each Friday. So I remembered this morning, got up in my jim jams to get his breakfast and do his pack up. Then 5 mins before they were gonna leave, went to get his bike out the shed… raining 😐 so I quickly rushed upstairs to pull some jeans on and a hoodie over my PJ top, to drive them to school and work. Came back, showered and tried to feel a bit fresher before work. Took another latty flow too because dayum, my throat hurts and the boys coughing is sending me 😵💫 still negative so I need to just put my mind at rest!

Fast forward a few hours, work done, out of office is on 🥳 as I have next week off work. Big kids came and they’re also coughing and full of cold. Happy half term! @LittleMy typical eh?!

I went out this evening for some retail therapy… at Aldi 😏 don’t say I don’t know how to live! Bought some chocolates to go with Christmas presents. Also popped into Homesense and got a few bits.

We’ve had a few games of Among Us with the kids but tbh I feel like they’re all on one! Don’t know if I’m just short tempered atm or whether they’re just tag teaming us 😬

Gonna get out tomorrow. There’s an old Victorian workhouse up the road from us and the boy is learning about Victorians at the mo so we’re off there!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends 😍

• Heart
Happy Saturday all❤This flu has floored me, I lost my voice on Thursday 😂sure a few peeps were pleased, it’s made me outrageously hungry too.
I seem to be getting better now thankfully, I miss the outside world! It’s been so odd being ill after spending all that time indoors last winter and being bug free 😂
Have a lovely weekend all xx

• Heart
Hey guys, hope your all doing good this weekend and a happy half term for all of you south of the border. ❤

I feel so tired today. Took the kids to soft play yesterday; we were going to book a Scary Fairie Trail at Loch Lomond but it was blowing a gale out and really cold so we didn’t really fancy hanging around outdoors. Came home and watched Strictly with some pizza. Once the kids went to bed OH and I had a few drinks and stayed up watching the original Halloween movie - OH announced that he’d never seen it before which shocked me deeply so we just had to.

This morning I’ve cleaned the bathroom and downstairs toilet. Washed towels and stuck them in the dryer. OH tidied up the kitchen, cleaner the sides and is currently hoovering upstairs while I sort through a pile of clean laundry and run a bath for the kids.

We’re going to do our food shop today and then probably go to the park for a bit. Standard Sunday really.

Have a good one and I hope everyone who is poorly at the moment gets well soon! ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hello everyone,

Hope you’re all okay and not feeling too rough 🤧 nothing has really come of mine, just swollen glands and generally feeling crap. The kids are all full of it too and the boy has been coughing so much I persuaded him to do a LFT this morning just to definitely rule it out. I wouldn’t have done normally, but seeing as it’s half term I thought I’d rule it out for peace of mind before we see friends.

Yesterday we had a big fry up and then went to the old Victorian workhouse up the road. It was really interesting and bonus that it’s a National Trust property. We went for ice creams after 😋

C40507B9-7D61-40AC-824A-356F46FC3773.jpeg

Had Spag bol for tea and then played more Among Us with the kids. The OH has such a bad poker face, we were crying laughing at one point, it was so funny 😂♥ the kids then went to watch films in bed and we watched The Guilty on Netflix. Was good! Very tense.

Today we’ve had a total lazy day. We woke up at like 0715 😐 which is unheard of for us at a weekend, but we stayed in bed for a couple of hours. Spoke to the family on Zoom for a bit and then I’ve caught up on Strictly and played Animal Crossing with the girl.

Gonna make cottage pie for tea soon and have a glass of red wine with it 🍷 then watch some You this evening.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@nbt ice cream looks amazing!

Super boring weekend here. We normally spend our weekends going for boozy brunches, dinner/drinks and wandering about going for long walks - but I’m not drinking just now and Goofy Prince can’t really walk because he’s hurt his knee so we’re kind of limited in what we can do.

Watched Strictly yesterday but wasn’t quite the same without a glass or 2 of wine 😂 Got a takeaway curry then gorged on popcorn and Cadbury’s Carmel nibbles 🤤

I went shopping this morning and got 4 new pairs of leggings 😳 Got 2 for running/exercising and 2 for causal wear/lounging/wfh. I got all 4 for the price I usually pay for 1 though as thought I would try ones from a cheaper shop so hope they’re decent. They fit really well and feel nice on so 🤞🏼

Goofy Prince has been watching sport ALL day so I’m fed up now 😴 He started with an English football game (think it was Tottenham v someone), then watched the Barcelona game then Man U v Liverpool - he doesn’t even support any of these teams btw. Now he’s watching the American football games and said he wants to watch the basketball tonight. I’m like wtf 🤬

So I’m currently watching the strictly results show on the iPad then might go out a run so I can get it out the way and skip tomorrow’s session.

Tonight we’re going to make homemade pizza and I want to start watching Vigil if I manage to get control of the tv.

Hope everyone’s had a nice weekend 😃

• Heart
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I had breakfast then sat there like a vegetable all day watching vlogs / Netflix / listening to music. I've been working crazy long hours over the last couple of weeks/months and worked a couple of Sundays in a row on top of running errands. I'm absolutely exhausted and have been running on empty for weeks, so I needed some time to recharge because I was spreading myself too thin and was on the verge of the point of no return. It's been such a long time since I spent a day doing nothing (meaning no chores, no errands, nothing, just chilling at home on the couch).

I managed to recreate a recipe of a dish I used to eat when I was a child and had it for dinner. Other than this, nothing interesting. It's a public holiday weekend over here, definitely making the most out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I had breakfast then sat there like a vegetable all day watching vlogs / Netflix / listening to music. I've been working crazy long hours over the last couple of weeks/months and worked a couple of Sundays in a row on top of running errands. I'm absolutely exhausted and have been running on empty for weeks, so I needed some time to recharge because I was spreading myself too thin and was on the verge of the point of no return. It's been such a long time since I spent a day doing nothing (meaning no chores, no errands, nothing, just chilling at home on the couch).

I managed to recreate a recipe of a dish I used to eat when I was a child and had it for dinner. Other than this, nothing interesting. It's a public holiday weekend over here, definitely making the most out of it.
I hope you managed to enjoy a peaceful day doing nothing, sometimes it’s what’s needed. I know you’ve been struggling with being overworked lately as I’ve read your posts on another thread. It’s so hard being worked to the bone and feeling under appreciated. Fingers crossed things ease up or you manage to get a job elsewhere which doesn’t put so much strain on you. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I went to wear one of my new pair of leggings for my run and discovered the security tag was still on - same with all 4 pairs and it’s all my fault 🤦🏻‍♀️ I used the self service check out - first time I’ve ever done self check out in a clothes shop and didn’t even think to check for security tags. Will need to take them back tomorrow to get the tags off - so embarrassing 😳

• Haha
  • Sad
So I went to wear one of my new pair of leggings for my run and discovered the security tag was still on - same with all 4 pairs and it’s all my fault 🤦🏻‍♀️ I used the self service check out - first time I’ve ever done self check out in a clothes shop and didn’t even think to check for security tags. Will need to take them back tomorrow to get the tags off - so embarrassing 😳
I did this with a hoody( left it too long to get it together to go back that I lost that receipt) so just wore it with the security tag in 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.