What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love that picture @Cocoflowers 🥰

Morning everyone, I’ve started the week by waking up late and then my first job after the school run will be finishing the oven - what a great start 🙄😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Today feels like the most Monday-y of Monday’s ever!

I had a driving lesson this morning and I was really nervous about it! No idea why. I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself to pass 😖

I’ve done some work for a few hours but my anxiety has got the better of me. I’m under a blanket watching the new series of You… is it wrong I fancy Joe? 😂

I’m having an Aldi ✨finest✨ steak pie for tea tonight, copying @LittleMy! Having mine with potato croquettes, tenderstem broccoli & gravy 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m having an Aldi ✨finest✨ steak pie for tea tonight, copying @LittleMy! Having mine with potato croquettes, tenderstem broccoli & gravy 😋

The pie we had was alright, but I prefer the ones from our local butcher’s. They put sausages in, it’s just phenomenal. 😙👌🏻

Hope you enjoy @under the ivy. All sounds so delicious. 🤤

I went to Taco Bell for the first time today, OH took me for lunch. Though, we did have to drive over to Glasgow airport as the nearest one was around there. Seeing and hearing all the planes take off was making me crave a holiday. I had the Volcano burrito and it was a bit of me. 🌶 🌶 🌶

Then we did a bit of shopping, I picked up my new winter jacket which is so padded and cosy, and bought a couple of long sleeved tops and some new joggers for the boys. Picked up the kids from school and nursery, came home and played a couple of the little Orchard games, then played Guess Who with eldest - little one was having more fun flipping all the cards over and interrupting the game much to everyone’s annoyance. 😂

We’re having M&S buttermilk chicken tenders with fries and salad on the side for dinner, then we’ll do bedtime and OH and I will chill in front of the telly for a bit. I was awake so late last night, just couldn’t sleep and I’m paying for it now as I’m so tired. 😴

Hope you’re all having a decent Monday! ❤👋🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Call me nuts but I've really missed reading daily lives of my virtual pals here 🤓 I find it oddly grounding and comforting.

Today was uneventful. Went to work; the day went by fast, despite not having much to do in the afternoon. My supervisor suggested that I left early because there was some decorating work going on in our office, and the glue and paint smells trigger my allergies. I wasn't expecting that at all, I was perfectly content sitting in another room but I wasn't going to refuse the offer to leave an hour early, so I took off and came home. Picked up some snacks on the way, had a cup of tea and watched some tv. I've just had dinner, and I'm about to have another cuppa with cake. I'll have quite an early start tomorrow and dreading my unavoidable tasks, so I'll try to call it a night fairly early today.

Sending hugs, have a good week everyone xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@LittleMy that’s lush! I love it when companies use recycled materials too.
I’m about to walk home from my Grandmothers in this filthy weather, I’m then going to bed😂 with snacks ❤
Saw my ex yesterday and we went to such a lovely country pub for a roast, we’d been sat there for a while had a few wines and thought hang on, this roast is taking its time..(wasn’t busy anymore either)turns out the girl had forgotten to put our food through, so my roast being cooked by someone other than me dream was over😂 and I was fairly red wine drunk by then. We ended up getting a Toby Carvery.. wasn’t quite what I wanted but did the trick.
woke up this morning with a red wine hangover so jack my ex left me to sleep till 10. Then my grandmother phoned me saying she had no milk so I said I won’t be too long (I was a 40 min train journey away..) she phoned me again saying I thought you loved me.. you’ve left me thirsty with no tea 😂
I drunkenly bought a vape last night in an attempt to cut down on smoking.. so far so good I haven’t had a cigarette today, I’m now just one of those awful fruit cloud producing idiots
Happy Monday all ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
@LittleMy that’s lush! I love it when companies use recycled materials too.
I’m about to walk home from my Grandmothers in this filthy weather, I’m then going to bed😂 with snacks ❤
Saw my ex yesterday and we went to such a lovely country pub for a roast, we’d been sat there for a while had a few wines and thought hang on, this roast is taking its time..(wasn’t busy anymore either)turns out the girl had forgotten to put our food through, so my roast being cooked by someone other than me dream was over😂 and I was fairly red wine drunk by then. We ended up getting a Toby Carvery.. wasn’t quite what I wanted but did the trick.
woke up this morning with a red wine hangover so jack my ex left me to sleep till 10. Then my grandmother phoned me saying she had no milk so I said I won’t be too long (I was a 40 min train journey away..) she phoned me again saying I thought you loved me.. you’ve left me thirsty with no tea 😂
I drunkenly bought a vape last night in an attempt to cut down on smoking.. so far so good I haven’t had a cigarette today, I’m now just one of those awful fruit cloud producing idiots
Happy Monday all ❤
Aww, grandmothers eh? Mine can be the same if I haven’t visited for a few days, they really know how to make you feel guilty. 😂

Okay, so here’s a mystery:

I have had a really heavy cold the past week and my sinuses have been all blocked up. I haven’t really been able to taste my food which is usual with a cold but tonight my nose isn’t as stuffy but I can only smell what seems to be a strong, lingering whiff of cigarette smoke. We are non-smokers, I haven’t been around anyone who does smoke, OH says my clothes don’t smell of smoke and he can’t smell it at all. It’s driving me crazy. Does anybody know why this could be or am I just broken? I consulted Dr. Google (stupid, I know) and it says I either have a brain tumour or a stroke is pending. 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@LittleMy - when my sinuses are properly acting up, everything smells of vinegar to me. It might just be a similar thing for you with smoke.

Went back to work today, I got in to so much stuff needing doing but it was nice to be up and doing something. I think when I'm off work for too long it just becomes easy to let the sadness take over and I zone out.

Going back in the actual office some time next week and I've opted to go back for full five day weeks so I'm made up about it! I think my social anxiety has taken a big hit during the pandemic where I haven't had places to practice talking IRL, so being back in with everyone will help me feel more confident to try and meet new people.

• Heart
@LittleMy - when my sinuses are properly acting up, everything smells of vinegar to me. It might just be a similar thing for you with smoke.

Went back to work today, I got in to so much stuff needing doing but it was nice to be up and doing something. I think when I'm off work for too long it just becomes easy to let the sadness take over and I zone out.

Going back in the actual office some time next week and I've opted to go back for full five day weeks so I'm made up about it! I think my social anxiety has taken a big hit during the pandemic where I haven't had places to practice talking IRL, so being back in with everyone will help me feel more confident to try and meet new people.
It’s bizarre isn’t it? I hate the smell of smoke too 😣

That’s good news about you going back to the office. I know what you mean though, I also struggle with social anxiety and do so much better when I’m around people frequently and in social settings. Being at home on my own for long periods of time, I seem to regress and forget how to be around others. I hope it all goes well and helps you to feel better and less anxious.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey guys 👋🏻

Boring day here really. Watched Corrie for the first time in ages last night as I knew it was their big storyline week and thought I’d tuned into some low budget Channel 5 movie. What is with all the dodgy effects? 😂

I laugh at it but know for a fact I’ll tune in the rest of the week as there’s not much else on. We just finished Sex Education and Maid on Netflix so needed something else to watch - may start Squid Game tonight if we cba. I should be finishing off the DLA application for youngest but I can’t even bring myself to look at it today. My head hurts with it all tbh.

Today is OH’s last day of annual leave. He took the kids to school and I plodded around tidying up this morning. Eventually got ready, we picked up some lunch rolls from a cafe and a some cakes, and popped in to visit my Nana. She was a little cheerier than usual today, I made the tea and we had a nice lunch and chat together.

My uncle, who’s poorly, called as we were in so it was good to get a chat with him too as I missed him last time he and his girlfriend came to visit. He sounded really well and is back at his work although on light duties and reduced hours given the circumstances. He wanted to go back to take his mind off things, he never has been one for sitting around so I can understand how he feels.

Have just picked up the kids. Eldest is watching cartoons - I asked him about his day earlier and what he’d been doing at school and he was like “I don’t know mum.” It’s like trying to draw blood from a stone. 🥴

Going to make their fave - spaghetti and meatballs - for dinner, do bathtime, story and bed. Youngest has been acting up so much at bedtime lately, heres

• Heart
Squid Game is really good - I'm only on episode four but I've been recommending it to everyone.

• Heart
Hey guys 👋🏻

Boring day here really. Watched Corrie for the first time in ages last night as I knew it was their big storyline week and thought I’d tuned into some low budget Channel 5 movie. What is with all the dodgy effects? 😂

I laugh at it but know for a fact I’ll tune in the rest of the week as there’s not much else on. We just finished Sex Education and Maid on Netflix so needed something else to watch - may start Squid Game tonight if we cba. I should be finishing off the DLA application for youngest but I can’t even bring myself to look at it today. My head hurts with it all tbh.

Today is OH’s last day of annual leave. He took the kids to school and I plodded around tidying up this morning. Eventually got ready, we picked up some lunch rolls from a cafe and a some cakes, and popped in to visit my Nana. She was a little cheerier than usual today, I made the tea and we had a nice lunch and chat together.

My uncle, who’s poorly, called as we were in so it was good to get a chat with him too as I missed him last time he and his girlfriend came to visit. He sounded really well and is back at his work although on light duties and reduced hours given the circumstances. He wanted to go back to take his mind off things, he never has been one for sitting around so I can understand how he feels.

Have just picked up the kids. Eldest is watching cartoons - I asked him about his day earlier and what he’d been doing at school and he was like “I don’t know mum.” It’s like trying to draw blood from a stone. 🥴

Going to make their fave - spaghetti and meatballs - for dinner, do bathtime, story and bed. Youngest has been acting up so much at bedtime lately, heres
*here’s hoping he settles better tonight.

Sorry to keep you all on a cliffhanger there! Riveting stuff. 😜

@GladiatorReady - I’ve been dithering over it for a while but that’s good to know! I’ll deffo check it out this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I enjoyed Squid Game too.

We’re currently rewatching You. Three more episodes left of the first series I think.

@LittleMy I didn’t know it was a big Corrie week this week. We’re catching up on that too. Think we’re about two weeks behind 🥴 could do with a weekend of just catching up on stuff we need to!

I’ve been at my friends house today. Did a few house jobs this morning and then some reading after school whilst the boy is on the iPad.

I’ve finally got my arse in gear food wise and have lost 3lbs since I started last week so I’m happy about that. Would just like to get a bit of weight off before it inevitably goes back on over Christmas 😅

Think an early night is in order later. We’re off to watch ice hockey tomorrow as my other half gets tickets through work. I’m already concerned about the late night 😂👵🏻

• Heart
Are you going to finish your post @LittleMy 🤣

My day has been shite! Argued with my energy company, had a bad meeting which made me cry (fucks sake lol), and just life in general. I'm trying to keep positive while spinning a load of plates.

Oh sorry @LittleMy just seen you've finished your post 🤣 the suspense was killing me...

Has anyone seen the Top 10 names in the UK list? Mine has dropped out! It was there for years. I guess it isn't very popular anymore!

• Haha
I've got a bit of a headache and really cba with work today but trying to plod along and get everything done.

I know it's early still but I'm suddenly panicking that Christmas is just around the corner. I'm away for almost 3 weeks in November so feel I should really get some stuff sorted before I go. We have a wooden advent calendar thing and will get a chocolate one and we alternate days opening each. So I need to start thinking of ideas for that and get the first few days sorted as we get back on the 1st December. Last year some days I just put a sweet/chocolate in it then other days I would put a note saying something like he could choose a movie and takeaway that night. It's also Goofy Prince's birthday on Boxing Day so I need to think up ideas for both Christmas and Birthday presents for him.

Going to try and force myself out a run after work though I'm really not feeling it. It's hard finding the motivation at night now it's dark so early and my eyesight isn't great in the dark so I'm always paranoid I'm going to trip over something and fall!

Standard lazy night watching tv and reading after that :sleep:

I planned on going into the office tomorrow but might skip it. It's suddenly turned really fresh here and all my warmer work clothes/tights etc are packed away in boxes and I can't be bothered going through them to find something warm to wear!

• Heart
@GoofyPrincess love your advent calendar idea 🎅🏼🥰 will be interested to hear your ideas!

For the last four (I think) years I’ve done an activity advent calendar for the boy, which then includes all three kids at the weekends. But as they’re all getting older I’m doing things a bit differently this year. Will still do some kind of activity at weekends but during the week the boy will get chocolate instead. We have a couple of those material advent calendars so will use that to put things in.

I’d normally have started present shopping by now as I tend to start at the end of September, but I’ve only bought one thing and the boy saw it 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 so I can’t use that now! I think I embraced the slow life during lockdown and I’ve not come out of it since 😅

• Heart
@GoofyPrincess love your advent calendar idea 🎅🏼🥰 will be interested to hear your ideas!

For the last four (I think) years I’ve done an activity advent calendar for the boy, which then includes all three kids at the weekends. But as they’re all getting older I’m doing things a bit differently this year. Will still do some kind of activity at weekends but during the week the boy will get chocolate instead. We have a couple of those material advent calendars so will use that to put things in.

I’d normally have started present shopping by now as I tend to start at the end of September, but I’ve only bought one thing and the boy saw it 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 so I can’t use that now! I think I embraced the slow life during lockdown and I’ve not come out of it since 😅
My parents used to do the present shopping on Dec 23rd at the earliest each year because otherwise my sister would find the presents and tell me what they were.

I can only imagine it was somewhat similar to Jingle All The Way

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Happy hump day everyone 🐪

I went to bed with a migraine last night so I took 2 Cocodamol and 2 ibuprofen, best sleep I’ve had in ages 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.