What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t seem to have the Friday feeling, mostly because I can’t keep my eyes open..
Went to lunch today at this burger place called 7 bone. It’s so yum, was lovely to catch up with a friend I hadn’t seen since April, we went for a quick wander round Bournemouth too. Wore my new DM’s they are my first pair so felt abit self conscious, added to by my mother telling me my legs looked too chunky in them. Wore them anyway 🖕🏻
I jarred my neck Monday so it’s been an unpleasant week! I’ve spent the whole evening obsessing over which beauty advent calendar to get 😂after a week of buying winter clothes and boots I should mainly be hiding my card from myself. Not to mention my ex has invited me on holiday, I don’t know how I get myself into this stuff.
I’m going to have a nice chilled weekend, then my ex is taking me out for Sunday lunch (which I’m too excited about as I make it every Sunday, someone else making it will be heaven!) have a lovely weekend all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@LittleMy Sorry to hear about your uncle, sending lots of love. Also hope you feel better soon 💛

@under the ivy Thinking about you and your family still ❤

@nbt Your hen do sounds fab and place/hot tub looked amazing 🤩

@ClockworkDolly @Boredofthegram @Quietpeony @OutrageouslyScarlet Lovely to hear updates from you all 😊

My weeks seem to be flying by just now so I keep forgetting to update. Not sure where the time is going though as I'm not really doing much just the same old work, run, chores, dinner, netflix and sleep. I'll try and remember more albeit boring specifics of my actual days again so I can start updating more often!

Have a lovely weekend!

• Heart
Hey hey hey. I've missed you all, how is everyone? 😭

I've been off for quite some time. Not as in feeling down, but like someone has switched off my system and put me on autopilot. I've been going about my day, doing stuff, coming home and keeping up with life with no real thoughts or feelings.. Not sure what's up but I can't even be arsed to read into it. If it's the Big Sad, at least this version of it is functioning.

Woke up around 9ish today, the weather was wonderfully gloomy so I was in a nice mood. Had breakfast and buried my face in my books until noon, as I didn't feel like doing much else. Watched some YouTube, had a late lunch, did some house chores and the irritating headache I've had since I woke up didn't budge one bit. I think I'll have to give in and take a painkiller or I'll waste my evening as well. Haven't stepped out once and I don't intend to, until I absolutely have to. Made dinner and I'm very excited to eat it! The rest of the night will probably be spent watching something and having a low key time.

Sending bear hugs to you all, I hope you've all been okay! 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anyone else like to spend two or three hours in their local Caffe Nero on a free morning? That's what I've done today.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey hey hey. I've missed you all, how is everyone? 😭

I've been off for quite some time. Not as in feeling down, but like someone has switched off my system and put me on autopilot. I've been going about my day, doing stuff, coming home and keeping up with life with no real thoughts or feelings.. Not sure what's up but I can't even be arsed to read into it. If it's the Big Sad, at least this version of it is functioning.

Woke up around 9ish today, the weather was wonderfully gloomy so I was in a nice mood. Had breakfast and buried my face in my books until noon, as I didn't feel like doing much else. Watched some YouTube, had a late lunch, did some house chores and the irritating headache I've had since I woke up didn't budge one bit. I think I'll have to give in and take a painkiller or I'll waste my evening as well. Haven't stepped out once and I don't intend to, until I absolutely have to. Made dinner and I'm very excited to eat it! The rest of the night will probably be spent watching something and having a low key time.

Sending bear hugs to you all, I hope you've all been okay! 💗
Aww I’ve missed your updates. Hope you are doing ok❤ I have SAD so If it’s that.. it sucks.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hiiii everyone,

@lemonlime nice to see you back. Hope you’re okay. I know what you mean about living the autopilot life sometimes. It’s easy to fall into!

I think I’m finally catching up on sleep. I didn’t wake until about 10.30 this morning! Haven’t even been going to bed really late.

Today is a bit of a nothing day. Catching up on a few jobs, doing bits with the kids etc. All of their personalities are STRONG at the moment. It’s only just hit me today how different they all are and how much they are little people now. That probably sounds daft, but I mean they’re all growing up and learning things and they’re really changing! It’s exhausting 😅 I could write a whole load about each of them to be honest but my post would be even more hella long haha.

Yesterday we asked the youngest two if they wanted to go to a park or to IKEA. I’m pleased to say they’ve been brought up right and so off we went to IKEA 😂 they love it, thank god. It’s a proper family day out in our house. I came home with a good haul too so it was a successful trip.

Other than that we’re just plodding along. We’ve booked a couple of nights away in Dec. Again, cos the kids are getting older they’re not as interested in little activities now. Hence doing a couple of weekend things instead. It’s hard to find somewhere to stay for the five of us but one weekend we’ve got an apartment in York so they’ll enjoy that. Going to do their winter wonderland/ice skating and the Christmas market 🎅🏼

• Heart
Happy Sunday all!

So trying to update this more again.

Yesterday I was up early for my last super long run of marathon training. It was really hot (25 degrees 🥵) so was a really tough one but got it done! It’s quite nice running here just now as so many random people shout words of encouragement - you got this, looking good, keep going the marathons just round the corner etc. The marathons such a big thing here even non runners seem to know it’s coming up soon and are really nice and supportive.

Wasn’t really fit to do anything else the rest of the day so spent the afternoon passed out onto the couch trying to force food and water down me 😂

Felt better at night so ordered a curry and watched an old bond movie as was in the mood after seeing the new one last week.

Had a bit of a chilled morning so far today and hoping to head out for brunch soon. I told Goofy Prince he could decide when and where we go so still waiting 😬 I’m not very good at relinquishing control of such plans so am starting to try a bit anxious checking the time thinking it’ll be closer to dinner time by the time he decides and we get a table somewhere 😂

Planning to catch up on last nights strictly later and will probably get pizza for dinner.

Hope everyone’s had a lovely weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Happy Sunday all 🙂

Had an uneventful weekend tbh. Yesterday I had a lazy day of chores. Today I went to see my Nana. I’m writing this on a break from working… PhD Life™️

My bro is on half-term for the next 2 weeks so I’ve been trying to think of some fun things to do. I think we might take a trip to York as it’s nearby and it’s a lovely place! He has some further treatment on the 29th so want to take his mind off it 😇

hope everyone has a good week xx

• Heart
Hey all, how’s your Sunday going?

Can’t believe half term is over for us, it’s been a total washout. My poor kids have been stuck at home for the majority of the week as we’ve all been full of cold. We managed to get out to the park a couple of times later in the week and booked in at the soft play yesterday afternoon as it was lashing down and they were bored. Just having a lazy one today as it’s so dreich. ☔

I did some laundry and cleaned the bathroom while OH took the youngest out in the car to do the weekly shop. I bought some warmer clothes this week as was badly needing some new pieces. A few longer sleeved tops, a couple pairs of jeans and a cable knit cardigan which feels so soft and cosy. I’ve also ordered a new winter jacket as my old one has seen better days.

Having steak pie for dinner, then once they’re in bed I’ll have to get the kids’ clothes and eldest’s lunch ready for school tomorrow. OH is still on annual leave until Wednesday so it’ll be nice to spend some time together while the boys are in school and nursery. We’ll probably go for lunch tomorrow at Taco Bell and maybe get tickets for the early showing of the new James Bond on Tuesday morning if we can be bothered.

Thanks everyone who @ me about my uncle, I really appreciate it. ❤

I hope you’re all keeping well and safe and have had a lovely weekend. It’s also really nice to see you posting here again too @lemonlime. I hope you’re doing okay. 💛

• Heart
@under the ivy the big kids have two weeks for half term too but the youngest only has a week. Weird how October is always different! York will be lovely.

@GoofyPrincess hope you have brunch plans made. It’d be the same in our house 😂

@GladiatorReady I meant to say in my update that I did some diamond painting with the middle child last night. I love it 🥰 so therapeutic, I want my own! I’ll try and remember to post a picture of this one once it’s finished. We bought a frame for it yesterday so she can put it up in her room.

Ended up being quite productive today after my big lie in. Had breakfast, sat with the youngest while he did his homework, did some washing, changed the bedding, tidied the bedroom, got some Halloween bits down from the loft, waved the girl’s hair, made a roast and then have put some cleaning stuff in the oven to soak overnight.

Not looking forward to finishing the oven in the morning though - worst job ever!

• Heart
Cleaning the oven is the WORSE @nbt

It’s up there with taking the bin out. Crap jobs. Give me the hoovering anyday!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@GladiatorReady I meant to say in my update that I did some diamond painting with the middle child last night. I love it 🥰 so therapeutic, I want my own! I’ll try and remember to post a picture of this one once it’s finished. We bought a frame for it yesterday so she can put it up in her room.
Ooh yay! It really is just strangely zen.

Haven't really updated much on here - been struggling the past few weeks and not done anything of note, I'm back at work tomorrow and just clinging on to the hope that I'll be WFO soon.

• Heart
I have to agree - had to clean the oven yesterday morning as it was long overdue. It only comes second to cleaning the bathroom (which I did today). 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Am I the only person in existence to actually enjoy ironing…. 😇
I used to do all my ironing on a set day but now I just do it as and when it’s needed. I love having the tumble dryer now as you don’t really need the iron after.

Reactions: 2
I used to do all my ironing on a set day but now I just do it as and when it’s needed. I love having the tumble dryer now as you don’t really need the iron after.
I iron bedding and pyjamas cos I’m weird. I think you can get those handheld steamers now which look alright!

Am I the only person in existence to actually enjoy ironing…. 😇
No, I like ironing too! I’ll stick a series or something on to watch while I’m doing it. I DO NOT like putting the clothes away after though 😐

@LittleMy I’m so jealous of your steak pie 🥧 🤤 I’m a really fussy eater and only started eating it before we moved here and crave it all the time now!

I strangely don’t mind ironing either as I can watch tv while I do it. I rarely have to iron now though as generally only iron work stuff and am rarely in the office now.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Haven't posted in this thread for awhile!
But i had a good day for a change

Relaxed in bed all day
Painted my nails
& did some colouring
20211017_171130.jpg

Hope everyone has been okay 💜

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.