What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did the same with a pair of ankle boots years ago. Also lost the receipt. My uncle ended up getting the tag off for me without ruining them (thankfully). šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hello šŸ™‚

I had a mock driving test this morningā€¦ passed with 2 minors! I made a little mistake when turning onto a dual carriageway, but I didnā€™t obstruct or cause anyone to slow down so I got away with it šŸ˜… Super nervous about my test but I can only do my best! Thinking positive though!

Finished my work early so Iā€™m watching a few episodes of S3 Youā€¦ I think Love is worse than Joe!

Making breakfast for tea laterā€¦ bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, fried mushrooms and hash browns šŸ˜‹ I donā€™t like beans, sorry MDā€¦

Hope everyone has had good Mondays x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello šŸ™‚

I had a mock driving test this morningā€¦ passed with 2 minors! I made a little mistake when turning onto a dual carriageway, but I didnā€™t obstruct or cause anyone to slow down so I got away with it šŸ˜… Super nervous about my test but I can only do my best! Thinking positive though!

Finished my work early so Iā€™m watching a few episodes of S3 Youā€¦ I think Love is worse than Joe!

Making breakfast for tea laterā€¦ bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, fried mushrooms and hash browns šŸ˜‹ I donā€™t like beans, sorry MDā€¦

Love is definitely worse than Joe! I wonder if he will leave/ kill her soonšŸ¤”. Please no spoilers!

Well done for passing your mock test! Must be so nerve wracking.

Have been battling the cold that has been doing the rounds. I usually love soups but Iā€™m sick and tired of them by nowšŸ˜­. Beautiful day today so made the effort to pop outside to a local park šŸŒ³ and took in all the vitamin D in the hopes it will cure me faster.

Will continue reading my book till dinner time when bf is meant to be cooking some fresh pasta with homemade pesto.

Hope everyone had an ok start to the week!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello šŸ™‚

Well done girl! Youā€™re gonna smash the test, I can feel it in mah bonesss!

Love is definitely worse than Joe! I wonder if he will leave/ kill her soonšŸ¤”. Please no spoilers!

Well done for passing your mock test! Must be so nerve wracking.

Have been battling the cold that has been doing the rounds. I usually love soups but Iā€™m sick and tired of them by nowšŸ˜­. Beautiful day today so made the effort to pop outside to a local park šŸŒ³ and took in all the vitamin D in the hopes it will cure me faster.

Will continue reading my book till dinner time when bf is meant to be cooking some fresh pasta with homemade pesto.

Hope everyone had an ok start to the week!
Ah no! Sorry to hear youā€™ve had the dreaded cold. Wishing you a speedy recovery ā¤

• Heart
Well done @under the ivy - you got this!

Aaaah, Iā€™ve had a good Monday ā˜ŗ

The boy and I spent the day in Nottingham with my mum. We parked up, walked through the market square and saw a big film crew so stopped to see what was going on. Weā€™d seen a couple of women that we guessed they were filming. I was saying to my mum, ā€œGod, Iā€™d love to see Vicky McClure, sheā€™d be my ultimate to see round hereā€. We managed to get a little closer and mum looked closely at one of the women and said, ā€œthatā€™s bloody Vicky McClureā€¦ā€

I was so excited! Of course I had to play it cool in case she saidā€¦

We didnā€™t recognise her at first as she had a wig on. So pleased we realised though!

We were booked into the Kitty Cafe for dinner and that was nice šŸ˜» this was my favouriteā€¦

05EE7C78-12F6-4A6D-9D84-8DF8FDB69148.jpeg

So yes, good start to half term - Cats and McClure!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

The boy and I spent the day in Nottingham with my mum. We parked up, walked through the market square and saw a big film crew so stopped to see what was going on. Weā€™d seen a couple of women that we guessed they were filming. I was saying to my mum, ā€œGod, Iā€™d love to see Vicky McClure, sheā€™d be my ultimate to see round hereā€. We managed to get a little closer and mum looked closely at one of the women and said, ā€œthatā€™s bloody Vicky McClureā€¦ā€

We didnā€™t recognise her at first as she had a wig on. So pleased we realised though!

We were booked into the Kitty Cafe for dinner and that was nice šŸ˜» this was my favouriteā€¦

View attachment 828445

Awww fab photos of the cats and as if you got to see Vicky McClure! I wonder if she was filming another c-law enforcement programmeā€¦ šŸ˜…šŸ„“

• Haha
  • Heart

View attachment 828445

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Awww fab photos of the cats and as if you got to see Vicky McClure! I wonder if she was filming another c-law enforcement programmeā€¦ šŸ˜…šŸ„“
Itā€™s going to be a drama programme called Without Sin. Keep an eye out for it next year šŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hey all!

All i did today was doing all the jobs i should of done last week like change into my winter duvet get my work bag ready and made lunches for the week!

Then im up to date with my scrapbooks done some colouring had a shower now im tucked up in bed with long hot water bottle and sprayed my sleep spray

Back to work tomorrow with all lates this week joys of half term working in retail

Hope everyone is well šŸ’œ

• Heart

Urgh what a day, I'm so glad it's over.

Had an argument with Goofy Prince first thing. He's been moaning about his knee for the past 4 weeks and I've been sympathetic so far but couldn't help snapping this morning when he was moaning about it again :oops: I'm just getting frustrated with him cos he keeps moaning and saying it's getting worse but is refusing to go see a doctor or PT. Anyways felt quite bad after that and then my day continued pretty much the same way.

Everything that could go wrong at work went wrong. It was also the deadline for our yearly evaluation things where we need to write feedback on colleagues - I'm fine writing all the positive stuff but hate writing the constructive stuff especially because most people I had to write about I would consider friends. I've had weeks to work on it but kept putting off finishing them so had to do that this afternoon.

I didn't even have time to watch Emmerdale with my lunch like I normally do šŸ˜‚

Managed to get out to the shops after work and got the security tags taken off my leggings. The woman didnā€™t even look at the receipt - I went to hand it to her and she was like oh I donā€™t need that. I must have a trusting face šŸ¤£

Also went to Macys and was eyeing up Martha Stewart Christmas flannel bedding sets šŸŽ…šŸ¼ Couldnā€™t decide what ones to go for though and they were quite pricey so might see if I can get them cheaper online somewhere.

We watched the first episode of Vigil last night and I quite enjoyed it so was hoping to watch more tonight but Goofy Prince is still working so Iā€™ll probably just read and get an early night.

@nbt Love that you saw Vicky McClure - I saw she posted on IG about filming in Nottingham today and I was like oooh nbt was there šŸ¤£

@under the ivy best of luck with the driving test, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll ace it šŸ¤žšŸ¼

• Heart
Hi everyone!

I feel like Iā€™ve wasted a day today šŸ™ However my morning started off lovely by receiving a good luck card & chocolate hamper from my Auntie!
8673CA11-A561-4083-A4F5-9D9107C7C8F4.jpeg

Canā€™t wait to dig in, Maltesers and Galaxy chocolate are my fave. I feel even more pressure to pass my driving test now šŸ˜…

One of my closest friends kind of irked me this morning over something, so I felt a bit triggered and upset all day. Blaming it on my hormonesā€¦

Thinking of going to Harrogate tomorrow to Bettyā€™s cafe (itā€™s a posh chain of cafes/patisseries in Yorkshire, not some random woman called Betty). Iā€™ll go with my bro & Mum as a little day out. My bro has radiotherapy treatment on Friday morning so want to take his mind off it šŸ™‚

Hope everyone is well! X

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone,

@under the ivy thatā€™s a lovely gift to receive ā˜ŗ Will be thinking of you and your brother ā™„

Weā€™ve spent the last two days with friends. Yesterday we went to the forest, had a little walk, some dinner in the cafe and then the kids played at the park for like 2.5 hours.

Today we went to our other friends and then took a walk to the park.

Itā€™s always nice to catch up and for the kids to play but I feel so worn out! The boy is still coughing, I donā€™t feel as bad now but just so tired and have no energy. We have the next two days in now and I am ready for it!

I am off to see Ricky Gervais though with my mum, sister and her boyfriend tomorrow night so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is good x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Will be thinking of you and your brother on Friday @under the ivy. Hope everything goes well, and enjoy the chocolate! What a lovely surprise ā¤

@nbt - Iā€™m so jealous! I love Ricky Gervais. Hope you all have a great time šŸ˜Š

Hey everyone. The weather is so crap here, itā€™s been lashing down. We got absolutely drenched on the way home from the school run (new jacket is great but my boots are letting in water so Iā€™ve had to order a new pair). The boys have their Halloween parties at school and nursery on Friday, OH is WFH on Thursdays and Fridays now too so thatā€™ll be interesting. šŸ‘€

Havenā€™t been up to much really, just plodding along with life admin and lots of cleaning/clearing out in preparation for the holidays. Been feeling quite down in the dumps if Iā€™m honest, but thatā€™s normal for me at this time of year. Just want to sleep all the time - think I shouldā€™ve been a hedgehog so I can hibernate all Winter. šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜“

Hope youā€™re all doing good ā¤

• Heart
@under the ivy love the chocolate hamper šŸ˜ Will be thinking of you, your brother and family on Friday. Beat of luck for the driving test.

@LittleMy sending love and hugs šŸ’—

@nbt ooh I do love a good comedy gig, have fun!

Iā€™ve been thinking itā€™s Thursday all day so pretty bummed itā€™s only Wednesday.

Had a productive couple of days with work, getting on top of chores, sorting some Christmas presents, sending clothes back etc.

Went for a run after work and now just chilling waiting on Goofy Prince getting home to have dinner. Heā€™s got his driving test tomorrow so has gone to pick up a rental car for it and is going to drive around for a bit and practice parallel parking then find somewhere near the apartment to actually park it overnight which is always a nightmare - spaces are like gold dust here. He hasnā€™t had a single lesson here so will see how he gets on! He can drive and has a UK license but has probably picked up lots of bad habits and fear he may get caught out with slight differences with the rules here etc. Not that Iā€™m trying to seem negative or unsupportive šŸ¤£

Going to get takeaway for dinner - hopefully Mexican then watch some more Vigil. We got a couple of episodes in last night and a few of the scenes were in Glasgow which made me slightly homesick but in a good way if you get what I mean šŸ„°

• Heart
Hi!

Been to Harrogate today. We couldnā€™t get seated in Bettyā€™s so we decided to bring some cakes home. I chose a fox cupcake/brownie thing!
99EA8B6C-02EC-4B16-AC4E-82F007DFC98B.jpeg

Will enjoy it later šŸ™‚

Stripped my bed before leaving the house so I have new bedding to put on, joy! Worth it though for fresh sheets tonight šŸ„°

Hope everyone has had a good Thursday xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all,
Just stopping by to say hi. Iā€™ve just been lurking on the guru and celeb pages. Trying to get back on Tattle but Iā€™ve been overwhelmed with work and my anxiety. Iā€™m starting with the Q&A site because itā€™s short and sweet but I still get to see a lot of regulars post. Hope everyone is having a lovely day/night. Iā€™ve taken a mental health day off from work so just doing errands and possibly studying for today. ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@GoofyPrincess - Iā€™m from Glasgow too, still live here and I always find it strange to see familiar places on TV shows. Hope youā€™re enjoying Vigil. Did you end up having Mexican? :)

@under the ivy - That fox cake is soooo cute! I wouldnā€™t want to eat it šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗ šŸ˜‰

Another boring day here. Very meh, just donā€™t have any energy. Think I need to get some vitamin d and iron supplements into me, it canā€™t be right to feel this drained all the time.

Weā€™re having fajitas for dinner - I used to eat them so much back in the day that I ended up putting myself off them for ages. OH wants them a lot lately so Iā€™ll probably end up going off them again soon.

OHā€™s first day of WFH seems to have gone well. I cleaned up his desk last night (he always leaves it in some state šŸ™„) and he set up all his stuff. Managed to keep littlest entertained and out of his way for most of the day. Halloween parties tomorrow - the Mario Bros will be ready. Eldest is still fuming that the Mario hat doesnā€™t have the signature ā€œMā€ on it. Heā€™s a stickler for detail. It was too late to order iron-on patches so heā€™ll just have to make do. šŸ¤Ŗ

Going to visit my nana while the kids are at their parties and try and get my hands on some supermarket pumpkins to carve. I get the little LED tealights and stick them in, they look so cool with the changing colours. šŸŽƒ

Hope youā€™re all having a good day, one more closer to the weekend. ā¤

Hi all,
Just stopping by to say hi. Iā€™ve just been lurking on the guru and celeb pages. Trying to get back on Tattle but Iā€™ve been overwhelmed with work and my anxiety. Iā€™m starting with the Q&A site because itā€™s short and sweet but I still get to see a lot of regulars post. Hope everyone is having a lovely day/night. Iā€™ve taken a mental health day off from work so just doing errands and possibly studying for today. ā¤
Lovely to see you back, I was wondering where youā€™d gone to! Hope youā€™re doing ok and taking it easy as best you can. ā¤

• Heart
@GoofyPrincess - Iā€™m from Glasgow too, still live here and I always find it strange to see familiar places on TV shows. Hope youā€™re enjoying Vigil. Did you end up having Mexican? :)
Yes šŸ™‚ I got enchiladas and tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa. Trying to decide what to get for dinner tonight though as I'm having a lazy cooking week!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey locas,

Wasnā€™t feeling like a happy Friday this morning. First thing I saw when looking out of the window was a huge dent in my car door šŸ™ƒ it must have happened last night when I parked in a multi storey, gutted. Had conflicting advice as to whether to go through insurance or not so just going to make a couple of calls ask my other half to make a couple of calls and see whatā€™s best.

I then called the Drs about the boys cough. I was going to give it another few days but I donā€™t know how long weā€™d be waiting for an appt these days so thought Iā€™d try before the weekend. Was on hold for about 35 mins before I got through BUT when the Dr called back he was really nice and helpful. He prescribed some antibiotics and then said heā€™d call me next Fri to see how heā€™s doing and if he still has a cough heā€™d get him in. So Iā€™m happy about that.

Other than that weā€™ve lazed today. We played a new game which is like Pictionary with cats. You use the cats and draw round them. Can anyone guess this that the boy did?! šŸ˜‚ itā€™s a filmā€¦

5A307CDA-FF33-418E-A9BF-2DC88FB23359.jpeg

The OH is off for works drinks tonight, but heā€™s not feeling it so only going for minimal time and Iā€™ll spend the time in between doing the gymnastics runs anyway so wonā€™t get to enjoy any peace šŸ˜…

Hope everyoneā€™s doing okay x

• Heart
Hey locas,

Wasnā€™t feeling like a happy Friday this morning. First thing I saw when looking out of the window was a huge dent in my car door šŸ™ƒ it must have happened last night when I parked in a multi storey, gutted. Had conflicting advice as to whether to go through insurance or not so just going to make a couple of calls ask my other half to make a couple of calls and see whatā€™s best.

I then called the Drs about the boys cough. I was going to give it another few days but I donā€™t know how long weā€™d be waiting for an appt these days so thought Iā€™d try before the weekend. Was on hold for about 35 mins before I got through BUT when the Dr called back he was really nice and helpful. He prescribed some antibiotics and then said heā€™d call me next Fri to see how heā€™s doing and if he still has a cough heā€™d get him in. So Iā€™m happy about that.

Other than that weā€™ve lazed today. We played a new game which is like Pictionary with cats. You use the cats and draw round them. Can anyone guess this that the boy did?! šŸ˜‚ itā€™s a filmā€¦

View attachment 835774

The OH is off for works drinks tonight, but heā€™s not feeling it so only going for minimal time and Iā€™ll spend the time in between doing the gymnastics runs anyway so wonā€™t get to enjoy any peace šŸ˜…

Hope everyoneā€™s doing okay x
Shrek!? The antennas on the cat lead me to think that šŸ¤£ Wait are they called antennas, or just Shrekā€™s ears šŸ¤£

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.