Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Re Checkout Etiquette.
Why, oh why, does the person behind me in the queue always invade my personal space before I've finished even checking my stuff through 🤷‍♀️🤷?
Its so bloody rude. It really pi$$es me off, especially as I'm always considerate to others whilst they are in front of me at the checkout - I know it can be a bit stressy.
Rant over.
this! I was in the queue today and this woman might as well have put her feet in my socks she was that close. I hadn’t been served so it wasn’t like she was getting served any faster

• Haha
Reactions: 16

EllenDeGenerate

Chatty Member
Re Checkout Etiquette.
Why, oh why, does the person behind me in the queue always invade my personal space before I've finished even checking my stuff through 🤷‍♀️🤷?
Its so bloody rude. It really pi$$es me off, especially as I'm always considerate to others whilst they are in front of me at the checkout - I know it can be a bit stressy.
Rant over.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I have friends who treat me like this because me and my husband have decent jobs and no kids. So i constantly feel guilted into sticking my hand in my pocket. I bought a new car after YEARS of keeping my old one and saving up. We bought it cash, bang average car, nowt exciting. Friends and family straight away asking if its on finance... 🙄 then the horror when I say no... you just cant win
Come and join us on the childfree by choice thread, if you haven't already 😊
---
People 'secretly' vaping in restaurants.

Actually just vaping in general. You look like a twat clutching something the size of a phone and sucking on it!

Last edited:
  • Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
I love summer. Warm days, sunshine, flip flops, bbqs….sign me up. But only if I can literally sit in the sun, by some water (preferably a pool or the sea but a paddling pool would work, I’m not fussy) with a cold drink and a book. Real life? Working in a stuffy oven like classroom, cleaning, food shopping, ironing, school runs etc etc? While it’s boiling hot? Nope.

Hollie Day

VIP Member
My car wasn't dirty enough to take it to the carwash but I took it anyway as a little treat for my 4 yo son because he loves it.
I then get a lecture off father in law about saving the planet and sustainabilty while I know he has the water sprinkler on all day in his garden in this weather, uses the washing machine just for one shirt, and drives his car two streets away to get his cigs. Bloody hypocritical muppet!

Rxt156

VIP Member
MAJOR RANT TO START THE DAY

Who the fuck delivers items at 6.15am!!!! Wtf!!!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Noisy neighbours is the worst thing about summer. You go into your garden to have a nice relaxing sunbathe, read, whatever and BAM! they start hammering or like others have mentioned windows open music blaring. So inconsiderate it pisses me right off!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Why is it so awkward saying no when you're perfectly justified to do so 😩 my manager asked me to do something completely outside my contract , which would not benefit me at all. I feel so awkward replying saying that but why should I feel awkward 😅
Buy the book "the subtle art of not giving a f*ck"! I've mentioned it twice now within a week. Once you start saying you no to things you don't want to do it's honestly life changing. I generally think women in particular have been conditioned to please.

I used to be the same when I was younger. Always putting the needs of others before my own. It just left me feeling exhausted. I would go along with things I had no interest in which once included the dinner party of a girl, who I wasn't even friends with my then bestie was.

The book teaches you that there's only so many f*cks you can give. "You don't have to set yourself on fire to keep others warm". At the end of the day unless you're guaranteed a promotion- you're just a cog in the machine and can be replaced by someone else. You could spend your time just relaxing and with your child instead.

At my first job though I would work extra. Things like turning up earlier and staying later only because my old bosses (it was an independent family run pharmacy ) were awesome and I actually felt they genuinely cared about me. They would give me lifts home if we finished at 10pm. Free pizza if they ordered for themselves too.
---
It's okay to have boundaries and it's okay to put yourself first.

prozacprincess

VIP Member
I hired a piece of gardening equipment from a hire centre and I can’t get the damn thing to start.
It’s not the equipment it’s me … I have rheumatoid arthritis and I just can’t pull the damn cord hard enough to get the engine to kick in. I’m so angry with life right now and I’ve got to deal with trying to get a refund on the weeks hire and get it collected. It cost me £80 alone in delivery and collection fees as I live in the middle of nowhere, which I probably will just have to take the hit on. It’s just so sodding frustrating. I actually just sat on the grass in tears earlier as I just can’t find a way forwards with things I need to get done lately.

• Sad
  • Heart

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Price rises.

I can say this now because I am sadly leaving soon but I work for the Bank Of England (views expressed here are my own and not representing those of BoE etc etc disclaimer) It's my understanding that inflation is dropping and prices are expected to fall soon. So tell me why the cost of a £1.50 food item has just gone up 20P? Not pennies, not 5p but TWENTY.p a substantial proportion of the cost. I'm sorry but the cost of this item and its raw materials have not gone up by that much since last week. It is just out and out blatant profiteering at this point.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
The in laws were going to have the kids and had booked to take them swimming. The little one had a bad night with earache and they felt quite warm so possibly feverish so I said it was best if they gave swimming a miss today . The in laws decided not to see them at all. So I have 2 very disappointed kids today who don't understand why they haven't gone to their grandparents. They rarely have any contact with them so God knows when they'll see each other again.

I know I've done the right thing by cancelling swimming in a public pool when one of them is feeling a bit poorly but I feel so deflated.

• Sad

allthingschocolate

My ex husband who’s a real narc took our daughter away for a few days with his wife (who’s utterly vile), his stepson and their daughter they managed to get sun cream on them all but not my child as apparently she’s old enough to do it herself 😠 (she’s 14) hardly an adult so has got sunburnt! she goes away in the summer abroad with him and it gives me anxiety that yet again she will get sunburnt due to their incompetence!

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
my late father who apparently had to be talked into putting me his only child in his will
Sorry to hear this, I know how much this hurts.

Im an only child, my dad died 15 years ago & my mum some years later - she left everything to a bastard con artist who she barely knew!

Had to get police involved as there was even a suspicion he might have killed her, fortunately wasn't the case, but police couldn't do anything as nothing could be proven, even though everyone knew he'd basically brainwashed her into thinking they had a relationship & were going to get married, which was never going to happen. She'd got 3 wedding dresses in her wardrobe as he'd agreed, then cancelled last minute, 3 times! She still chose to believe him over me & evyone else she knew telling her something was very wrong.

I'll never get over what happened & how she changed towards me, all because of a man she hardly knew.

Hey ho, life goes on eh?!

• Sad
  • Heart

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
People annoy me haha. A day like today when so many people have their heads in the clouds when shopping. Moving slowly, driving slowly, not being full aware of their surroundings, only looking one way when exiting a car park, bumping into you while they are talking to the person next to them, refusal to move when there's no little way to walk around them, arrghh, just people can be irritating lol. Maybe they think i am annoying too, i don't know. I try to be considerate, but other times i feel like strangling some people lol.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Embarrassing rant (it's anon here so idc) I had a really horrible customer be verbally abusive towards me at work & afterwards I just burst into tears in front of everyone 😭
I just hate it when people treat you like shit when you're just trying to help them
And I hate that everyone saw me crying so that's gonna be the gossip at work now 😭
I'm also worried it is gonna affect my promotion I've put in for if they think I can't handle the job/the stress of the job

• Heart

malibu skies

VIP Member
I challenge anyone to find a more humbling moment than when you sit in a garden chair…and it bends before giving way. Nothing but salad for me for the rest of my life.

• Haha
  • Heart

Melian

VIP Member
Eurgh. People smoking in bus shelters. Nope, don't worry about those of us with dodgy lungs. I mean I don't mind constantly coughing.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
My friend has a small candle business. Its a hobby because shes a bit of a yummy. I would be surprised if it covers its costs let alone pays the bills but I digress.
At first, I supported her, bought a new candle whenever she had a new range, bought them for presents etc - just to add I dont use candles hardly so like 1 candle normally would be enough.
A few ppl in the group are similar to me bought a few, a few have never bought any and remain quiet whenever its mentioned and one pretty much buys a candle per week!
Im all for friends supporting friends BUT shes constantly bringing it up awkwardly in group chats and when we go out. She'll out and out ask me if im skint coz i havent bought one in a while. And i dont want to be horrible but I just want to say i have enough!!! I dont need any more sodding candles!
Yes this is the problem when people do a "business" where the clientbase is 100% friends and family. Begging friends to be repeat buyers is disgraceful really. I hate guilt tripping. I'd be tempted to say look, I bought them to help you get started but I don't actually like candles/need them, so I can't really keep buying, sorry. I saw lots of this in lockdown when suddenly people became sweet sellers, putting 10p Haribos in cellophane cones and charging their friends ££££ . It's not sustainable if they have to beg.

My mum once had to pluck up the courage to tell a very pushy Avon lady to stop coming, because the lady would give chapter and verse about how she needs orders, so mum would be guilted into paying 5 quid for some bath stuff and increasingly the Avon lady would say things like is that all? And a new book would come so often mum had no need of anything and eventually Mum told her sorry, I've developed skin sensitivities, I can't buy your stuff anymore, bye.

I can't stand guilt trippers.

• Wow

HumphreyB

VIP Member
Barking dogs. I have a dog but fuck sake people who leave their barking dogs outside. They in turn set off other dogs who were happily sitting outside and before you know it it’s like a dog choir