Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I joined a local child free group thinking their would be some fun activities etc. Because I am child free but my god what a sad bunch of people.
They’ve made being CF their personality and the constant discussing of being CF is annoying AF.
Where’s the fun and banter. I’ve been there for a week now and will be leaving. It’s too much.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

MagpieTree

Last week I found out our IVF cycle hadn't worked. This week I think the hormones must all be leaving my system as I am exhausted and my mood is so low. I just want to cry and am struggling to leave my bed. I suffer with depression and know it isn't that as it feels different. It's just annoying how much I have to go through to try and have a child.

• Sad
  • Heart

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
When you change your day off to accommodate what is usually a lengthy hospital apt then get a phone call from the secretary “sorry we will have to cancel that apt the consultant isn’t available” 🤬 then they suggest “can you come the following day/week”!?! No I bloody can’t because I work and now have diary commitments and my rota has already been done for that month so can’t drop/rearrange at the last minute ffs 🤦‍♀️🙄
That’s rage-inducing isn’t it? It especially grills my goat because if you cancel or postpone, they behave as though you’ve single handedly brought the NHS down. I actually once got discharged because I had the temerity to ask to reschedule an appointment that they gave me which I couldn’t do. They didn’t even offer me an option, it was a letter giving me the time and date. I couldn’t do it, so called them then literally the next day they sent me a shitty letter telling me I was being discharged due to refusing to attend an appointment.

• Wow

G_man

This fucking crossfit shit im seeing all over social media, watching grown men and women swing around on bars like a 10 year old would do at wacky warehouse, sad fuckers

• Haha

Meringue22

VIP Member
Friends who never make any effort. Who make you feel like you’re an afterthought so you think right, fuck it and when they do eventually text they deflect and make out it’s YOU who is at fault. I cannot be arsed

• Heart

Silverplume

My mother picked a fight with me ON my birthday, saying she has “no idea why” I might be a little nervous or dreading another surgery on Monday. She thinks she can and should control what I feel and think, and she thinks being nervous is a spiritual failure (except for herself.)
I’m insanely constipated, have tried everything on earth, still stuck for a week. I think it’s nerves. She’s critical of that, too. I wanted to postpone a coffee or lunch out today, perhaps try to find a medical professional to give me…you know…another solution. (😳) She got really angry immediately, before I finished speaking.
Now I’m not seeing her today at all: chew on that, Ma. 🙄
I had bacon jam and bacon (instead of ham) with eggs Benedict for lunch, and loved every bite. 😎🥳 I’m 59 today, and I don’t need any manipulative bs on MY birthday!

• Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
Having a very rough time with my mental health lately.
My brother is acting like a colossal cunt. For some reason I am still expected to gentle-parent his 30 year old, adult arse.
Work is out of control and I have no holidays until September.
At my worst, I want everything to come to a full stop.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

lanathebest

Chatty Member
I hate job offers where they make u go thru 2828 steps to be hired. I’m sorry but I dont wanna deal with that anymore.
what i mean is
One application: resume, cover letter, 5 questions u have to answer
Step 2: a test that takes u all day to make or is something u probably should be paid to do
Step 3: interview
Step 4: IQ test or personality test bullshit
Step 5: second interview
like heyyy WOAH WOAH WOAH BITVH AM I GETTING HIRED FOR THE GOVERNMENT OR SECRET SOCIETY GOD DAMN FUCK U I DONT WANT UR JOB ANYMORE

• Heart
  • Haha

qwikti

Chatty Member
Feel insanely anxious today (just about keeping a panic attack at bay, JUST about, I feel the worst I've felt in a long time), but pissed at my friend's nasty flippant tone at me. This girl has no grounds to take this tone with me because she is hardly Mrs On Top Of Shit herself and is often anxious and doesn't handle normal adult situations. She's someone who needs you to order her meal for her, will stand around helpless in a shop so you have to ask for help for her, that kind of person.

And she's making me feel SO small for being anxious.

What is the point of friendship of you just take take take others sympathy and patience, and when it's time to give, you act exasperated and like you're above feeling that way, when you're so clearly not... I'm not a perfect human, but if I support you, is it too much to ask for the same in my low moment?...

• Heart

Can't Help It

Holly Willoughby and her "are you ok?". Every time I see a reference to it I get so annoyed. Do they really think that people are so stupid and lives have been destroyed and are now unable to carry on as normal because OMG a TV presenter lied..................really??!!!!!!!!!! My apologies to anyone whose life has been dramatically changed and appreciated Holly asking after their mental health.

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
I feel the same about calories on menus. I don’t need to be told how many calories something has. I’m well aware the burger will have more than the salad. Let me eat my burger in peace
Oh God, same. It actually spoils meals out for me. Like I’m not an idiot, I know if I have loaded nachos and a burger and a choc brownie then I’m eating a week’s worth of calories at one meal. But it’s a treat every now and then, not all the time, and I’m paying good money for it and I want to enjoy it. The numbers there in black and white are such a bloody guilt trip 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🙄🙄

• Heart

HEC1993

Chatty Member
Lucky enough to be going on holiday after a hard few years but the forecast looks absolute crap and it says it’s going to rain the whole time we’re there 😞 I really needed some sun for my mental health. I know this is a first world problem but we’ve been through so much as a family and I just wanted to really enjoy ourselves

• Sad
  • Heart
So when I first met my husband 13yrs ago I went along to his hobby which is 40s reenacting. I pretended it was fun cos we were in a new relationship. I wish I hadn’t lied. Cos 13yrs on here I am curling my fucking hair yet again for tomorrow and I never enjoyed it in the first place. I’ve tried to tell him but he’ll know I’ve lied all these years. I’ve pulled the ‘I’m sick etc’ in the past. Can’t keep that up tho. He’ll say things like ‘you never go out’ but I hate forced enjoyment and tbh not a people fan. There are places I would maybe like to go to but it’s always these bloody 40s events.
Could you not just say you are no longer enjoying it? I mean if you don’t want to come clean then at least pretend you’ve suddenly gone off it

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
Ok this is 100% jealousy and pettiness talking but I need to rant about it.

I tried so hard to get Coldplay tickets, been a long time fan and I was gutted when I didn't get them but we move. Come into work today and a colleague was talking about how she went and was laughing like "I don't even like them I just bought tickets on a whim"
On a whim 😭 She's also rude af at work so I'm even more annoyed that she got tickets 🤣

• Sad
  • Wow

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Just chuckling with the outdoor rants. Every time a bit of sun peeks out a couple in the NEXT STREET put their music on full pelt. I’d hate to be their neighbours. Anyway yesterday I’m sitting reading in the garden and all I’m hearing is Ed Sheeran, Beiber and other crap as they sing along. From 9am ffs. They’ve obv got pals over. The music is getting louder, I can hear neighbours getting pissed off. Then suddenly boom!! The heavens opened. Thunder and lightning. Never have I been so pleased to see rain. The screams as they grabbed all their stuff made me laugh. Having fun in the sun is great, I love hearing kids laughing, playing in paddling pools etc. But me and all the neighbours streets away don’t want to hear your fucking music 🤣

• Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Snobs!! I'm upper working class single mum. The other mums at her ballet class make me feel so inferior, laughing about how some people can only afford haven holidays and kids called things like clementine and bluebelle. My daughter has been going to ballet for over a year & they still all refuse to talk to me because I'm not in their clique
They don't sound like people who deserve to talk to you to be honest. Do you all stay to watch the kids or is it mainly at drop off/ pick up?

I would bring a book and put earphones in to not have to listen to their nonsense if you have to stay.

There's nothing wrong with a Haven or Butlin's holiday.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Husband's got a work function tomorrow night (with partners), when I asked him about it he said it was smart casual, ok, good fine.
This evening a suit arrives via courier and he goes oh actually it's black tie. Great one day to get an outfit together and get some kind of beautification on the go (cos I know all the other wives will go OTT). Also Friday is my busiest work day and would rather sit at home in a cardigan with egg on it 😉. FFS.

• Haha
  • Wow