Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rxt156

VIP Member
Husband is a greedy bastard. I buy snacks and he eats literally all of them. Any chance of having a snack 4-5 days after the weekly shop? Not one bit. . He wil eat them all. I started buying separate snacks so he has his own and I have mine. He will eat all of his THEN mine. Pissing me off so much. Greedy twat.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I’ve had a reall jarring experience tonight and I feel silly for being so upset by it

so I was talking to this guy (i don’t know him but he was with who I was with) and he asks if I’m single and all that stuff. I won’t bore you with the details but we got onto me saying I’d never had a relationship and he said that I was either lying or disabled which was really rude. Then he asks me why I had never had sex cause he doesn’t believe, I’m like yeah Idc but he keeps pushing so I kind of snapped and said you don’t know me, how do you know that I haven’t had a bad experience? Maybe I just didn’t want to? And he says “well I didn’t want my uncle to do what he did to me but he did” and before I had a chance to say anything he starts laughing saying he’s joking and laughing at my reaction. Then he says how is ass is in perfect condition. I left shortly after but I’m really shaken up by it. I’m pretty sure he was joking but I don’t know. Either way it was just really grim but I’m probably being sensitive

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I was walking into the post office, 2 steps away from the door, and some bloke ran past me and inside. I was practically there. I said oh don't mind me, he just turned round and looked at me and carried on. I was only sending a parcel, he was fannying around putting money in, taking money out, switching money between accounts, sending parcels and just taking bloody ages. Probably about 15 mins. When I eventually got there it took 2 minutes. People have no common decency nowadays.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
My sunflowers are dead ☹ literally only watered and fed them yesterday and they looked fine and today dead. I’m no good with plants.

• Sad
  • Heart

Rxt156

VIP Member
I would like to ban BBQs altogether. Just cook your food inside like a normal person 😅

• Haha

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I’ve had a reall jarring experience tonight and I feel silly for being so upset by it

so I was talking to this guy (i don’t know him but he was with who I was with) and he asks if I’m single and all that stuff. I won’t bore you with the details but we got onto me saying I’d never had a relationship and he said that I was either lying or disabled which was really rude. Then he asks me why I had never had sex cause he doesn’t believe, I’m like yeah Idc but he keeps pushing so I kind of snapped and said you don’t know me, how do you know that I haven’t had a bad experience? Maybe I just didn’t want to? And he says “well I didn’t want my uncle to do what he did to me but he did” and before I had a chance to say anything he starts laughing saying he’s joking and laughing at my reaction. Then he says how is ass is in perfect condition. I left shortly after but I’m really shaken up by it. I’m pretty sure he was joking but I don’t know. Either way it was just really grim but I’m probably being sensitive
He was just being a dickhead plain and simple.

• Heart

Hedylamar

Artificial grass cleaner product should not be available! We need bees and if everyone chooses fake grass we're doomed!

• Heart

flutternutter

VIP Member
drinking from them isnt easy either. the cap just gets in your face
Yes!!! You cant bend them back enough. Did they not test them?
---
Have you seen this new "trend" where some youths try doors on houses and walk in to film the home owners reaction?
Hope this doesn't take off because it will be a matter of time before one of them gets killed and some poor person who was probably terrified ruins their life over some thick kids!
Personally i think the laws on protecting your property in this country are ridiculous and just open us up to this level of shit. They wouldnt do it in america would they!
Not that im proposing guns BUT if someone walks into my house i should be able to swing a baseball bat at them

• Wow

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
So when I first met my husband 13yrs ago I went along to his hobby which is 40s reenacting. I pretended it was fun cos we were in a new relationship. I wish I hadn’t lied. Cos 13yrs on here I am curling my fucking hair yet again for tomorrow and I never enjoyed it in the first place. I’ve tried to tell him but he’ll know I’ve lied all these years. I’ve pulled the ‘I’m sick etc’ in the past. Can’t keep that up tho. He’ll say things like ‘you never go out’ but I hate forced enjoyment and tbh not a people fan. There are places I would maybe like to go to but it’s always these bloody 40s events.

• Heart
  • Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Drivers (usually old people) doing 25mph on a 50mph road. If you cant do the speed limit get off the road!

allthingschocolate

When you change your day off to accommodate what is usually a lengthy hospital apt then get a phone call from the secretary “sorry we will have to cancel that apt the consultant isn’t available” 🤬 then they suggest “can you come the following day/week”!?! No I bloody can’t because I work and now have diary commitments and my rota has already been done for that month so can’t drop/rearrange at the last minute ffs 🤦‍♀️🙄

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I've been wearing YSL Libre since it came out in 2019. Last year my mum said oh you smell nice, next thing shes bought it.
I wear vans all the time, if I'm not in vans I'm usually in docs. I saw her today and she said oh your trainers are nice, which ones are those. I said Vans, they do loads of styles. She said no which ones are you wearing, I like yours. She's text me twice asking me to order some for her then again for the link to my exact ones.
Nooooo I don't want my mum wearing the same shoes as well as smelling like me. Go away 😂

Luckily I've gone off them anyway but I had to stop wearing converse because she turned up wearing the exact ones I had on a few years ago. It's bloody embarrassing 😂😂
I had the same. I think it's a loss of confidence. My mum was a stunner, but lost her confidence as she aged and started doing the same. I would be very kind about it. You'll understand when you get to the same age. I wish I had been nicer to my mum (I was stressed from my work). Sometimes it's too late to say sorry.

• Heart
  • Sad

Ro98

VIP Member
Sorry this is a long rant. Just need to get it out!

My OH. We have a 6 week old baby, I do everything related to baby (bottles, clothes, restocking nappy caddies, ordering things he needs, doctors appointments (we’ve had a few!) & checking medications / ordering more.
I also am usually up with him from 2/3am everyday and he then sleeps on my chest or next to me in bed & if next to me I might doze off every now and then but I can never fully sleep.

Today I could’ve slept until 8.30 to give him 30mins before work (he works from home) to do whatever he needed to, instead he woke me up early to “take him so I can have breakfast”- how does he think I eat when he’s at work? I eat holding him (he has severe reflux) or in the sling!

That pissed me off & then I asked him this morning to make sure the night time bottles were washed & we had some sterilised for the day. It was met with “I need to have breakfast!! I start work soon” 🤔🤔 as if it takes 45minutes to shove a slice of toast in?

I am in so much pain with the hormone that fucks with your joints & ligaments which isn’t helping.
What the fuck does he think I do? So I don’t get breakfast & I should be the one doing it all?
I’m at the point now where no amount of talking to him gets it in his head.
I’m going to ask him to start sleeping in the spare room and I’ll do all the night feeds (he does the last late one about midnight then from that point until morning it’s me).
We’re currently living with my parents whilst house searching (let’s all laugh together!) and honestly I wish people behaved like this before and understood the responsibilities of being a parent.

I’ve worked with babies for years and I can never give him tips / reminders that he shouldn’t go 6hours between naps because I’m apparently telling him he’s a bad parent.
I don’t know what else to do.

• Heart
  • Sad

Lonette

Tethered caps.

Just been introduced this new invention via a huge meltdown when I couldn't safely open some coca-cola bottles and cut my finger trying to remove the tethered bit. Even with the new nonsense removed, it is still not safe or easy to drink out of these bottles as it has created sharp ridges around the rim of the neck.

I am all for recycling but why are the ideas so often so utterly, mindnumbingly stupid and impractical and sometimes even dangerous? These tethered bottle caps are going to cause huge problems for anyone who has disbilities that affect their hands and non-neurotypical people.

It's an EU law that will be fully enforced by mid-2024 and I can't help but feel once again vulnerable who struggle enough are being crapped on by those meant to help and protect.

Was there really not a better idea they could have come up with than this?

• Heart
I'm sick of being a lone parent and no one (sorry men) having no appreciation for how fucking hard it is.

My dad is moaning about my mum looking after my kids at weekends (not every weekend but often). My brother is trying to make me feel bad for starting a new relationship.

I'm mum all on my own, no dad no paternal ffamily. Is it really that much to ask that I get one day every couple of weeks to be me and have an adult relationship. My kids are preschool too so it's not even like I've got all day to myself. It's like they think I'm a widow and a single mum now so life and fun and happiness isn't for me.

• Sad
  • Heart

Usagisakura90

Chatty Member
I submitted my dissertation today....85% complete and I'm heartbroken

It was supposed to due tomorrow, it even says "16th May", but then the supervisor emailed everyone at 1pm, which is an hour after things are usually due....to tell us that it was supposed to be handed in today by midday and not tomorrow and if it wasn't handed in by 5pm then it would be capped at a pass

I am absolutely devastated and grieving I have worked hard for three years and now this. I had my last little bit planned out to finish tonight then I'd get a good night's sleep something I haven't done for two nights and look over it in the morning to submit.

But iv had to submit it today instead and I'm so angry and upset, I was supposed to be happy about this final piece of work. Now I don't even want to look at the grade or go to graduation.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Husband is a greedy bastard. I buy snacks and he eats literally all of them. Any chance of having a snack 4-5 days after the weekly shop? Not one bit. . He wil eat them all. I started buying separate snacks so he has his own and I have mine. He will eat all of his THEN mine. Pissing me off so much. Greedy twat.
Hide them inside the washing machine 😁

• Haha

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Ok this is 100% jealousy and pettiness talking but I need to rant about it.

I tried so hard to get Coldplay tickets, been a long time fan and I was gutted when I didn't get them but we move. Come into work today and a colleague was talking about how she went and was laughing like "I don't even like them I just bought tickets on a whim"
On a whim 😭 She's also rude af at work so I'm even more annoyed that she got tickets 🤣
not petty it’s fucking annoying.

when I was a teenager an artist I absolutely loved was doing shoutouts to people on Twitter. My friend entered just because. She wasn’t a fan, just thought it’d be cool. She got a shoutout and I didn’t. I was so upset. It sounds really stupid but it’s annoying when you are actually invested and someone else doesn’t give a shit

MissTeddy

VIP Member

I try to be open-minded when it comes to the issue of travellers but it does get me going when they think they can just park anywhere they like. We get a lot of trouble with them in my area. Any time the weather is reasonable and it's near a school holiday, they try to take over two of the big local parks. A barrier was put up at one park to try and stop them but they just cut holes in a fence elsewhere and come in that way. It's days before they are moved on, sometimes longer. One park has a tea room that has to shut whenever they rock up.

Since they have to force entry, they'll know what they are doing when they come to these spaces is wrong so why do they still do it? Even more galling is then acting the victim when locals don't like their way of life distrupted by them. I also wonder why they have to leave so much rubbish. It wouldn't be quite as bad if they cleaned up after themselves but I've not seen this happen.

I don't doubt that travellers face real and unfair discrimination and I'm sorry for that but I don't see that being the same as those of us who dislike to see them behaving illegally.
You don’t need to keep an open mind about this kind of traveller. They cause crime, damage and destruction wherever they go. They fly tip, vandalise barriers and gates and cost local councils a fortune. I live quite close to where poor PC Harper was killed. Friends in the police tell that travellers are responsible for a huge amount of the rural crime.

• Heart