What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So annoying isn’t it ..

I’ve listed a few things for free recently and quite literally the best question was
‘will it fit my car ?’ I should have replied with how the duck would I know .
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I sold alloys to a woman and no joke she said “Will they fit my xyz model car” I was like yep googled it no problem.
I did not google it. I dae not give a duck
Stupid woman 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tried to book a GP appointment for a UTI and they gave me an appointment for the end of March! By that point if I still have it surely it'll be a lot worse?! I honestly don't know what's happened to our GP surgery since Covid. The same amount of staff are there and there hasn't been an explosion in the population or anything - are people just going to the GP a lot more often?! I used to be able to get an appointment within a few days, even for something routine, and now it's completely at the other end of the spectrum. You can't call them - it's all online, but it takes up to two days to find out if you've even been given an appointment, and the appointment is not for a few weeks unless you tell them you're on the precipice of death. Anything that is urgent enough for them to give you an appointment within a few days would be an A&E job anyway!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My Amazon order was pushed back from 3pm-5pm delivery time to 9pm then it says undeliverable 😤 never known it do that before!!?? theyre refunding me now but not the point

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Tried to book a GP appointment for a UTI and they gave me an appointment for the end of March! By that point if I still have it surely it'll be a lot worse?! I honestly don't know what's happened to our GP surgery since Covid. The same amount of staff are there and there hasn't been an explosion in the population or anything - are people just going to the GP a lot more often?! I used to be able to get an appointment within a few days, even for something routine, and now it's completely at the other end of the spectrum. You can't call them - it's all online, but it takes up to two days to find out if you've even been given an appointment, and the appointment is not for a few weeks unless you tell them you're on the precipice of death. Anything that is urgent enough for them to give you an appointment within a few days would be an A&E job anyway!
You should phone 111 ... They should be able to help you. That's too long to wait for a UTI.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People who don't think before they speak.
An elderly relative who loves talking about death (who I haven't seen since xmas) decides to tell me about dead babies & stillbirths when I'm currently in my 3rd trimester. If they weren't old I'd have told them to shut the duck up and WHY EVEN MENTION IT!!! Why bring that topic up!?!!?! I have already lost a baby in the past and suffering with crazy amounts of anxiety - that I can usually manage very well!!
It has upset / made me so angry as we had such a great midwife appointment this morning where everything was normal for once & baby was wriggling away.
Why do people do this? It's like it's done and said on purpose.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Shops deciding how much of something I can buy when there is not a shortage on those items. I can accept that with pain, the two packet only limitations have prevented suicide so I can support that, but now I'm only allowed to buy one packet of my allergy tablets at a time when I've always bought two.

The constant interference in our every day lives has become too much.
To be fair, pharmacies can put limits on pain all they want but it won’t prevent someone from just going to another chemist and buy some more.

Reactions: 7
I think you're not wrong here - I'm sure it's not an intentional thought such as "I'm gonna make Ro89 fearful now" but I have found that there are people who are almost sadistic in the pleasure they derive in ruining positive things for other people. Don't ask me why they do it, but I've had it happen to me to. My mum is one of those people, I can never enjoy a thing without her pointing out the negatives and trying to ruin it for me. (She's pretty narcissistic btw, maybe that applies to your relative too?).

Sending you hugs and all the best with you bub 🤗 it's all gonna be fine!

• Heart
  • Sad
I think you're not wrong here - I'm sure it's not an intentional thought such as "I'm gonna make Ro89 fearful now" but I have found that there are people who are almost sadistic in the pleasure they derive in ruining positive things for other people. Don't ask me why they do it, but I've had it happen to me to. My mum is one of those people, I can never enjoy a thing without her pointing out the negatives and trying to ruin it for me. (She's pretty narcissistic btw, maybe that applies to your relative too?).

Definitely, their brain is full of so much negative that they almost can't handle it when something positive happens/is happening to someone else. Sorry that you have to deal with that too from your mum, it's such a horrible position to be in. Trying to tell myself that it comes from a place of deep unhappiness and it may not have even been true since she lies about so much stuff.
Thank you!! 💛 Taken myself off somewhere else in the house to chill out & stay away until they're gone🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 6
An elderly relative who loves talking about death (who I haven't seen since xmas) decides to tell me about dead babies & stillbirths when I'm currently in my 3rd trimester. If they weren't old I'd have told them to shut the duck up and WHY EVEN MENTION IT!!! Why bring that topic up!?!!?! I have already lost a baby in the past and suffering with crazy amounts of anxiety - that I can usually manage very well!!
It has upset / made me so angry as we had such a great midwife appointment this morning where everything was normal for once & baby was wriggling away.
my family are like this. I had a very long battle with anorexia. My family complain about their weight a lot around me, (they are overweight tbf but not majorly) ok iffy but fine i guess, but they will say things like 'I need an eating disorder to lose some weight'. I never thought about it until I casually mentioned it to a therapist and she lost her mind.

ETA: I'm sorry that happened and congrats on your little baby! Take stock in the midwife appointment and remember your baby is safe and well!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
my family are like this. I had a very long battle with anorexia. My family complain about their weight a lot around me, (they are overweight tbf but not majorly) ok iffy but fine i guess, but they will say things like 'I need an eating disorder to lose some weight'. I never thought about it until I casually mentioned it to a therapist and she lost her mind.

ETA: I'm sorry that happened and congrats on your little baby! Take stock in the midwife appointment and remember your baby is safe and well!
I’m sorry you have to deal with comments like that all the time, it must really hit you as I find certain words so triggering for my anxiety.
I’m glad she had that reaction and hopefully it was comforting (hope that’s the right word) to you to hear someone find their comments outrageous as they are! Would people wish any other serious illness on themselves? I doubt it.

Thank you!! Going to write down how well the appointment went as another way of drilling it into my brain 😂 it’s so easy to remember bad things that I find myself working overtime trying to cling onto the good!

• Heart
I’m sorry you have to deal with comments like that all the time, it must really hit you as I find certain words so triggering for my anxiety.
I’m glad she had that reaction and hopefully it was comforting (hope that’s the right word) to you to hear someone find their comments outrageous as they are! Would people wish any other serious illness on themselves? I doubt it.

Thank you!! Going to write down how well the appointment went as another way of drilling it into my brain 😂 it’s so easy to remember bad things that I find myself working overtime trying to cling onto the good!
It made me realise how damn insensitive and self absorbed they are

It really is and I'm sorry they put that on you! Could you maybe ring someone supportive who you can talk about the appointment with who you know will be pleased for you? That might help!

Reactions: 2

I think it's just a case of someone not thinking before they speak in most cases. I had a group of friends and one was having to have chemotherapy. One of my other friends blurted out 'oh so and so had that. They had such a terrible time. It was awful' .... We all looked at her as if to say wtf .

• Wow
  • Sad
Your post made me think about a massive rant I have but it's a bit controversial ....

When people of certain age let's say 50+ use the phrase "At my age I'll say whatever I want" and then just blurt out horrible hurtful insults to either a family member or a friend as if somehow they can just be a nasty bastard and yeah you're just going to have to take it, which of course you do ...

I'm sorry but if a 25 year old insults you or a 65 year old insults you the words have the same impact.
you wouldn't put up with hate off teenager but yeah you've got to put with hate from a senior person all under the guise of well at my age I can hit anyone where it hurts 🤔

Reactions: 16
Definitley try 111 if you haven’t already.

I had this with a mole on my chest that I wanted checking as it didn’t look normal and it was itching. Called my GP and they said it was a two week wait. Phoned 111 and the lady I spoke to was appalled, she told me it couldn’t be any longer than a 3 day wait aligning to whatever NHS pathway she mentioned.

She told me she would email across this request and for me to call back that afternoon. I did so, and I relaid all of this to the receptionist on the phone who went unusually quiet (obviously reading whatever my records were saying on the screen) and then all of a sudden they had an appointment for the following day. Funny that, isn’t it?!

Definitley try 111 if you haven’t already.

I had this with a mole on my chest that I wanted checking as it didn’t look normal and it was itching. Called my GP and they said it was a two week wait. Phoned 111 and the lady I spoke to was appalled, she told me it couldn’t be any longer than a 3 day wait aligning to whatever NHS pathway she mentioned.

She told me she would email across this request and for me to call back that afternoon. I did so, and I relaid all of this to the receptionist on the phone who went unusually quiet (obviously reading whatever my records were saying on the screen) and then all of a sudden they had an appointment for the following day. Funny that, isn’t it?!
I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about, but that is appalling.

Reactions: 9
I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about, but that is appalling.
Everything turned out okay in the end, thank you ♥. I got referred to dermatology and they were happy when they reviewed it. Took images of the mole in question so if it ever concerns me again, I can go back and have it checked, photographed and measured again etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i have a work do tomorrow. I just cannot be bothered. I have had depression for months and I’m now just crawling out of my cave. I wish I was a man sometimes as all I’d need to do to feel confident would be get a haircut, wash and put on a suit. That feels way more manageable than attempting to wear makeup for the first time in perhaps nearly a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My only day that I don't have to get up and leave for 7 for work (later start for a change) and next door decide to give their toddlers party blowers at 7. Soon stopped when I shouted if I hear it again its going in the adults hole. But know I'm thinking was I right or being a Karen going to beat myself up all day 😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I have an almost 1 year old that does not sleep well at all. I’m knackered. He has always been bad with naps last night it was awake 1-4am 😵💫 he was in a good mood but FML I am soooo tired 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.