What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who don't think before they speak.
An elderly relative who loves talking about death (who I haven't seen since xmas) decides to tell me about dead babies & stillbirths when I'm currently in my 3rd trimester. If they weren't old I'd have told them to shut the duck up and WHY EVEN MENTION IT!!! Why bring that topic up!?!!?! I have already lost a baby in the past and suffering with crazy amounts of anxiety - that I can usually manage very well!!
It has upset / made me so angry as we had such a great midwife appointment this morning where everything was normal for once & baby was wriggling away.
Why do people do this? It's like it's done and said on purpose.
Elderly or not, I would tell them I didn't want to hear stuff like that.
That's beyond insensitive.

All the best, and keep remembering the great midwife appointment 😊

Reactions: 4
Cost of living. It’s beyond tit now. My credit cards are being used just so I can get petrol to get to work. I’m effectively working all hours to not even pay my bills now. Even when this ends, I’ll be paying off my credit cards/overdraft for years now.

How much longer do they expect us to just suck this up?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Cost of living. It’s beyond tit now. My credit cards are being used just so I can get petrol to get to work. I’m effectively working all hours to not even pay my bills now. Even when this ends, I’ll be paying off my credit cards/overdraft for years now.

Feel for you . I am 100 per cent with you and all who are struggling. Got right on my wick yesterday as I am sitting in the coffee area at lunch and some young lads new starters it sounded like were saying May is going to be fantastic we get THREE Bank Holidays. I'm a temp. I don't get paid for Bank Holidays. I must have ranted before on Tattle about Bank Holidays.. I lose a days pay which is not a small sum to me and do nothing on them so effectively I am losing a few hundred quid to sit at home bored. I'd rather go to work and get paid. May will be costing me literally hundreds.And what makes it worse is its my last month in this role because the woman I am maternity cover for has decided to come back to work in June. ( mostly people don'tbother coming back - trust me to get one that does)

This morning a woman outside reporter asking an elderly man how many grandchildren he has.

He replied "14"

Women reporter "14!!!!!"

Yeah love doesnt mean he personally had 14 kids he might have 3 or 4 kids who each had a few kids. Or even he has 1 kid who had all 14.

He isnt personally responsible for the breeding habits of his young ffs

Reactions: 3
i have a work do tomorrow. I just cannot be bothered. I have had depression for months and I’m now just crawling out of my cave. I wish I was a man sometimes as all I’d need to do to feel confident would be get a haircut, wash and put on a suit. That feels way more manageable than attempting to wear makeup for the first time in perhaps nearly a year.
Been there myself and I just want to congratulate you for getting where you are. It's the hardest battle!

Have a think if there's anything you can do to prepare OR to make it easier. I do little things like this and then consciously thank myself for helping, as you would if you had a friend helping you along the way.

• Heart
Feel for you . I am 100 per cent with you and all who are struggling. Got right on my wick yesterday as I am sitting in the coffee area at lunch and some young lads new starters it sounded like were saying May is going to be fantastic we get THREE Bank Holidays. I'm a temp. I don't get paid for Bank Holidays. I must have ranted before on Tattle about Bank Holidays.. I lose a days pay which is not a small sum to me and do nothing on them so effectively I am losing a few hundred quid to sit at home bored. I'd rather go to work and get paid. May will be costing me literally hundreds.And what makes it worse is its my last month in this role because the woman I am maternity cover for has decided to come back to work in June. ( mostly people don'tbother coming back - trust me to get one that does)

You get paid holiday as a temp so that's not strictly true if you use bank holidays as part of your entitlement you'll be paid for them.

Reactions: 2
I ordered a cake and a coffee yesterday as I had a stressful day when I went into town. An older woman next to me looked at my cake and said, ‘Oooh fattening!’ I didn’t say anything and just looked down. And I didn’t enjoy it and just felt more pathetic for not saying anything. And now that comment keeps circling in my head. What gives people the right to comment on other people’s food?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

I know the feeling, ran up my credit card again for food and I still don't have enough to last me until payday on Tuesday. I'm sick of having to ask my dad, who thankfully is very well off through his own hard work, for money. I shouldn't have too, I'm 29 and I know people much older than me having to rely on parents/living at home/etc because of the cost of living and it is so sad.

And I didn't even pay anything towards my gas and electric bill this month either. Feels literally pointless going to work at this point.

• Heart
  • Sad
I’m self employed so BH are tit for me. People cancel on me even though I stress I continue to work on BH. The best bit is they then expect me to do double the workload the following week but not pay for the previous week.

duck. Didn’t think of May BH. Oh Christ.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Been there myself and I just want to congratulate you for getting where you are. It's the hardest battle!

Have a think if there's anything you can do to prepare OR to make it easier. I do little things like this and then consciously thank myself for helping, as you would if you had a friend helping you along the way.
Thank you! I’m really pleased to hear you’ve had success with this. That’s made me feel a bit better. I do like being quite methodical, and thanking yourself like a friend is another good idea 🙂 will make up for all the times I call myself a twit hahaha

• Heart
I ordered a cake and a coffee yesterday as I had a stressful day when I went into town. An older woman next to me looked at my cake and said, ‘Oooh fattening!’ I didn’t say anything and just looked down. And I didn’t enjoy it and just felt more pathetic for not saying anything. And now that comment keeps circling in my head. What gives people the right to comment on other people’s food?
Sad that the first thing she thought when looking at a delicious piece of cake is that it might make someone gain weight! That would have pissed me off too as I'd have felt self conscious and it would've taken the enjoyment out of it.
---
Definitley try 111 if you haven’t already.

I had this with a mole on my chest that I wanted checking as it didn’t look normal and it was itching. Called my GP and they said it was a two week wait. Phoned 111 and the lady I spoke to was appalled, she told me it couldn’t be any longer than a 3 day wait aligning to whatever NHS pathway she mentioned.

She told me she would email across this request and for me to call back that afternoon. I did so, and I relaid all of this to the receptionist on the phone who went unusually quiet (obviously reading whatever my records were saying on the screen) and then all of a sudden they had an appointment for the following day. Funny that, isn’t it?!
Thanks to those who suggested 111 🤗 I ended up using the Boots online doctor thing which I would really recommend to anyone in a similar situation. It cost £20 which isn't ideal at the end of the month, but I filled in a form and was prescribed antibiotics within literally 5 minutes. They were ready to pick up at my local Boots 2 hours later. Really easy and simple and I'm feeling a bit better now. Bit frustrating that it came to that after trying my NHS GP and the two 'virtual GP' things work provides (one had no appointments available, the other said I was locked out of my account) but whatever 🙃 The main thing is it's sorted now!

Reactions: 12
Customer service lately is totally wank. I ordered something to collect. A staff member bought it from the back and plonked it on the table then turned their back to me without saying anything. I picked it up and walked off coz 1) I’ve given you my name already 2) you’ve not even looked at me this entire time 3) it has been dropped on the table without anyone saying anything.
Soon got his attention when I was half way out the door and he realised he hadn’t done his job properly. twit

Sad that the first thing she thought when looking at a delicious piece of cake is that it might make someone gain weight! That would have pissed me off too as I'd have felt self conscious and it would've taken the enjoyment out of it.
---
it really did. She didn’t know that I had a stressful doctors appointment and that was just a few minutes to gather my thoughts. Hate people at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
it really did. She didn’t know that I had a stressful doctors appointment and that was just a few minutes to gather my thoughts. Hate people at times.

You should have said something like 'I can lose weight. You'll always be an ugly, embittered old hag'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks to those who suggested 111 🤗 I ended up using the Boots online doctor thing which I would really recommend to anyone in a similar situation. It cost £20 which isn't ideal at the end of the month, but I filled in a form and was prescribed antibiotics within literally 5 minutes. They were ready to pick up at my local Boots 2 hours later. Really easy and simple and I'm feeling a bit better now. Bit frustrating that it came to that after trying my NHS GP and the two 'virtual GP' things work provides (one had no appointments available, the other said I was locked out of my account) but whatever 🙃 The main thing is it's sorted now!
My hubby used an on line doctor for an ear infection he had that he couldn't get near the GP for. Had a prescription waiting for him as he hung up the call.

They are good but at £20-£50 a pop it's not an option for everyone.

Thank you! I’m really pleased to hear you’ve had success with this. That’s made me feel a bit better. I do like being quite methodical, and thanking yourself like a friend is another good idea 🙂 will make up for all the times I call myself a twit hahaha
Haha i STILL call myself a twit... but its just the little things like hanging my clothes up for work when I know I'm going to struggle. Allowing myself 10 minutes to just chill. It really makes a difference to how you feel about yourself. I sort of conditioned myself into it which really helps when the twit voice is loud...

• Heart
First time poster on this thread, but I would love a little rant about a neighbour who has just dropped off my new passport i've been waiting weeks for... but they've OPENED it! It clearly states on the envelope that it's important documents etc (probably made them want to open it more tbh) and if it has been delivered to the wrong person then to follow a bunch of steps. But instead of reading and acting, they have well and truly ripped into the envelope like some sort of wild animal. Because I have no idea who this neighbour is, and what they're like, i've had to call up the passport office and let them know it has been 'compromised' and have to go through a whole thing to get a new one sent out. I have been waiting patiently for my passport so I can book my first trip since 2020 (after a horrible few years suffering with severe anxiety and OCD which left me unable to leave the house, let alone go on holiday), and now I have to wait even longer as I don't want to buy flights anywhere until I know I definitely have the passport all done. It's not the end of the world, but very annoyed at nosy neighbours who can't keep their little mitts to themselves. And yes, I know they may have opened it accidentally, but I would then like to change my rant to people who open post without looking at who it is for. We get SO many letters to our house that are not for us, so I always double check before opening.

Okay rant over, thanks for the safe space to vent haha

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
First time poster on this thread, but I would love a little rant about a neighbour who has just dropped off my new passport i've been waiting weeks for... but they've OPENED it! It clearly states on the envelope that it's important documents etc (probably made them want to open it more tbh) and if it has been delivered to the wrong person then to follow a bunch of steps. But instead of reading and acting, they have well and truly ripped into the envelope like some sort of wild animal. Because I have no idea who this neighbour is, and what they're like, i've had to call up the passport office and let them know it has been 'compromised' and have to go through a whole thing to get a new one sent out. I have been waiting patiently for my passport so I can book my first trip since 2020 (after a horrible few years suffering with severe anxiety and OCD which left me unable to leave the house, let alone go on holiday), and now I have to wait even longer as I don't want to buy flights anywhere until I know I definitely have the passport all done. It's not the end of the world, but very annoyed at nosy neighbours who can't keep their little mitts to themselves. And yes, I know they may have opened it accidentally, but I would then like to change my rant to people who open post without looking at who it is for. We get SO many letters to our house that are not for us, so I always double check before opening.

Okay rant over, thanks for the safe space to vent haha
Oh gosh that is bad. I hope they were apologetic. Nosey bastards

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes !!!! If someone has found the perfect lasagne dish please show me and I’ll be eternally grateful!
I think some people just have the knack. 😭
I've had a homemade one donkeys years ago where from memory she used tin of ratatouille, tin of tomatoes, cheese, dried sheets and not sure what she did for the sauce but it was gorgeous. I tried it and the sheets didn't melt fully and it was watery.
One tip I have been given, though, is to make pint(s) of sauce and freeze in one person size tubs so you can quickly defrost in microwave to use with all sorts of dishes including fish.
If you make a basic sauce you can add in things like cheese, parsley etc for whatever dish you're making.
It's saved me loads of time when I fancy something faffy to make but it's only for me

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.