What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True crime fanatics. “Have the police checked the suspect’s social media”? What do people think the police do? Just dick about at the crime scene and then pull a conclusion out of a hat?

God only knows what would happen at Scotland Yard if they didn’t have the support of a hundred people on Facebook recommending they look at CCTV footage in the park where whoever it was was brutally murdered. It’d be absolute Bedlam.

This is so petty but it also annoys me when they say tit like “this case is truly confounding”. just duck off, Sherlock.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I am sensing you may have been reading the nicola bulley thread? It’s a whole mess on there tbh.
That amongst others! It seems to happen on basically any true crime thread. the thing is I totally understand the impulse to help and especially to gather and discuss something, and even to ask sincerely if police have done XYZ, but it’s when it verges into the assumption that the police won’t have checked it that it pisses me off.

There are areas where the police need a push or pressure on things but as far as collecting evidence goes they’re pretty bloody on it. If someone genuinely thinks it hasn’t occurred to the police to check X why not contact them about it instead of posting it on a forum.

Reactions: 3
I’m in such a grump at the moment - my birthday is coming up and it’s all going to 💩

I had plans to go for breakfast with a couple of friends in the morning and they’ve just cancelled so now that’s off.
My best friend can’t do anything on the day because it’s also her mother in laws birthday and she has plans with her. it’s her daughters birthday at the beginning of April and she’s suggested that we celebrate my birthday at the same time - which is a nice thought but I don’t want to be the person who makes a child’s birthday all about them.

I know I’m overreacting and being dramatic because it’s just a birthday, but I think it all boils down to not being anyone’s priority, or being important enough to anyone to make an effort for.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
That amongst others! It seems to happen on basically any true crime thread. the thing is I totally understand the impulse to help and especially to gather and discuss something, and even to ask sincerely if police have done XYZ, but it’s when it verges into the assumption that the police won’t have checked it that it pisses me off.

There are areas where the police need a push or pressure on things but as far as collecting evidence goes they’re pretty bloody on it. If someone genuinely thinks it hasn’t occurred to the police to check X why not contact them about it instead of posting it on a forum.
Icky how they latch on to tragedies and then centre themselves ☹ They mustn’t have a lot going on in their lives so do it to make themselves feel useful/part of something.

Reactions: 6
Icky how they latch on to tragedies and then centre themselves ☹ They mustn’t have a lot going on in their lives so do it to make themselves feel useful/part of something.
yes - sometimes feels like they’re discussing an Agatha Christie rather than a real person’s death.

Just being a mardy cow but I've just had a lovely week's holiday from work and I have to go back tomorrow and I really dont want to go 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I am sensing you may have been reading the nicola bulley thread? It’s a whole mess on there tbh.
I’ll be honest, I don’t agree with a thread being allowed about the situation, I read a little bit but some of the comments are absolutely atrocious. I think it’s too difficult to police a thread like that. Whilst I understand a right to have an opinion and speak about things, I would hate to see a thread like that about a loved one or friend.

Reactions: 13
yeah I wouldn't either but I do know a few people like that. One girl I worked with told me she couldn't afford to buy milk but then next day she posted pictures on instagram of her and her kid at the cinema, not just that but with a full on nacho meal deal that you need to take out a loan to afford. I think some people are just tit with money. I once had a friend told me she couldn't afford her rent, I saw literally the next day and she had booked a trip to bali with her friends. It makes no sense to me and idk how you can live like that but some people either don't care or don't understand.
I used to know a girl like this, she whined about paying off her student loans but would go out drinking at karaoke bars and insist on buying an expensive Starbucks daily even though she used to work for Starbucks and knew how to make the drink herself. She was offered an excellent academic scholarship but instead decided to go to a private university which is ranked as one of the most expensive ones in the country and chose to study art. Her loaded daddy would have paid for it too if she hadn’t broken up her history teacher’s marriage. But she gets on her soapbox on Facebook to cry foul on the academic system and capitalism 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Wow
I’m in such a grump at the moment - my birthday is coming up and it’s all going to 💩

I had plans to go for breakfast with a couple of friends in the morning and they’ve just cancelled so now that’s off.
My best friend can’t do anything on the day because it’s also her mother in laws birthday and she has plans with her. it’s her daughters birthday at the beginning of April and she’s suggested that we celebrate my birthday at the same time - which is a nice thought but I don’t want to be the person who makes a child’s birthday all about them.

I know I’m overreacting and being dramatic because it’s just a birthday, but I think it all boils down to not being anyone’s priority, or being important enough to anyone to make an effort for.
it's not being dramatic. it's nice to be thought of if only one day a yr. I never got on with my parents and we didn't love each other but when my dad died a few weeks before my birthday when my mum was in hospital and I realised that that the yr before would be the last time I ever got a birthday card. from anyone that was tough - as was the yr after when they had both passed away. Last yr was my first birthday totally alone and because of the Queen dying I didn;t even get all the free stuff from companies I usually get because they weren;t sending out emails etc around that period. I think that the very idea of a birthday is gone for me forever.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
it's not being dramatic. it's nice to be thought of if only one day a yr. I never got on with my parents and we didn't love each other but when my dad died a few weeks before my birthday when my mum was in hospital and I realised that that the yr before would be the last time I ever got a birthday card. from anyone that was tough - as was the yr after when they had both passed away. Last yr was my first birthday totally alone and because of the Queen dying I didn;t even get all the free stuff from companies I usually get because they weren;t sending out emails etc around that period. I think that the very idea of a birthday is gone for me forever.
I’m so sorry, that’s so sad 😔 I hope your birthday this year is better, however you spend it x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to know a girl like this, she whined about paying off her student loans but would go out drinking at karaoke bars and insist on buying an expensive Starbucks daily even though she used to work for Starbucks and knew how to make the drink herself. She was offered an excellent academic scholarship but instead decided to go to a private university which is ranked as one of the most expensive ones in the country and chose to study art. Her loaded daddy would have paid for it too if she hadn’t broken up her history teacher’s marriage. But she gets on her soapbox on Facebook to cry foul on the academic system and capitalism 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
You always find it’s the more well off people who act like they have nothing and will happily shout the loudest about how terrible the government and super rich are. I grew up financially privileged and went to private school. We have never had to worry about money and I’ve never complained about not being able to afford something or have something because anything I’ve needed my parents have provided me with. There were girls in my year, however, who’d act like they’d grown up with nothing.

One girl in particular would talk about how she had to wear old uniform because they couldn’t afford to buy new clothes, couldn’t afford the revision guides and only went on caravan holidays. In reality her mum would buy her any new clothes, makeup etc she wanted. She had extra tuition on top of going to a private school because she was doing very poorly in school but refused to acknowledge the fact she could work harder and instead blamed teachers. Plus she’d go on at least two holidays a year, always out of the country, and was allowed to go on any school trips or holidays with friends she wanted to. People who have everything seem to hate being told how privileged they are and would rather lie about having nothing than admit what they have.

Reactions: 5
bleeping uber eats have properly pissed me off now. Ordered through mcdelivery app on 5th Feb, an hour and a half nothing happens, although I got the confirmation email and money taken from my account. So I go on the chat thing and it says the order was placed through uber and to contact them. So I did, they tell me that mcdonalds cancelled the order and I would get a refund in a couple of days. Fast forward to last Thursday, still no refund (its only £20, but it is my £20) so I call them again, they tell me the refund has been started and to wait a full 10 days. Still no refund so I call them again today and was told that it isn't their problem now and I should go through the mcdelivery app to get my money back. I said to the guy, so you have happily taken my money, not delivered the food and now you say it isn't your problem, so you're telling me the last 2 people I spoke to lied to me about being refunded? He actually said yes! 😳 I'm sorry to say I screamed go duck yourself down the phone and hung up. Just off the phone to my bank and they have sent me a refund application so I am bloody hoping I can get my money back. Never touching uber or mcdelivery again. An absolute ball ache. Ggrr!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
bleeping uber eats have properly pissed me off now. Ordered through mcdelivery app on 5th Feb, an hour and a half nothing happens, although I got the confirmation email and money taken from my account. So I go on the chat thing and it says the order was placed through uber and to contact them. So I did, they tell me that mcdonalds cancelled the order and I would get a refund in a couple of days. Fast forward to last Thursday, still no refund (its only £20, but it is my £20) so I call them again, they tell me the refund has been started and to wait a full 10 days. Still no refund so I call them again today and was told that it isn't their problem now and I should go through the mcdelivery app to get my money back. I said to the guy, so you have happily taken my money, not delivered the food and now you say it isn't your problem, so you're telling me the last 2 people I spoke to lied to me about being refunded? He actually said yes! 😳 I'm sorry to say I screamed go duck yourself down the phone and hung up. Just off the phone to my bank and they have sent me a refund application so I am bloody hoping I can get my money back. Never touching uber or mcdelivery again. An absolute ball ache. Ggrr!
Companies are quick to take money but take weeks to refund it, what a joke.

You’re not alone, trust me I feel this way every day.. it’s horrible. 😪

• Heart
This bloomin' winter cough thing. I had it 3 weeks ago and now I have it again. Sore throat, hacking cough, blocked ears 🤬😤

It will be nice to not have this much longer, I am sick of coughing and sneezing.

Thankfully I can WFH rather than take up sick leave on a bloomin' cough.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My husband has irritated me to the high hilt this morning. He is so disorganised and devil may care. I had a terrible night with our little girl who finished me off by kicking me in the head while she slept, I’m so shattered. I’m 39 weeks pregnant. Last night I asked him where he is working today (he travels) he said London, so I offered to do the school run, he told me he would do the school run, so this morning I lay in, then when I came downstairs he said “oh I just realised, I have to go asap, I can’t do the school run” this is 30 minutes before we have to get out the door, I’m still groggy and our daughter is still in her PJs, not has breakfast etc. so I said I’ll do the school run then. Have to rush about like a blue arsed fly! Asked what train he’s getting and he said he hasn’t looked? How does he know he has to leave asap then? It’s simple isn’t it? You decide what train you need to get and that informs your time to leave the house? He’s a bellend. Then this morning I’ve had to ring the nursery as on Friday they confirmed a place for our unborn child to go in Autumn, but they want the registration fee and one month’s fee up front (daylight robbery), so I message him about it and he starts making petulant comments about how cheeky they are and we don’t get government funding at the moment (none of which I have control over…) and he says “send me the details then and I’ll sort it” which is great but HE ALREADY HAS THE DETAILS BECAUSE I SENT IT TO HIM ON FRIDAY.

I am so tired thinking for three people in this house and we’re about to be a 4 person household. After being kicked in the head all night I feel a great desire to pass it forward….. 🤯😤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Entitled pricks who think you should give up bought and paid for seats on trains and planes.

There are so many stories floating around these days of people being asked to give up or change seats for kids and it winds me up. Anytime I fly I always choose a seat I want to sit in. 9 times out of 10 these days you have to pay for it. I saw a tik tok the other day of a woman who was trying to shame passengers on a train because her son, who was bout 8, was sitting on floor. She genuinely thought one of the adults should stand to let her child sit down. I don't think the comments were what she was expecting.

Reactions: 17
Ordered a jacket for an upcoming wedding perfect style colour etc. Was due to be delivered yesterday by yodel to an asda store ( like I've done many times before) went on to tracking you're parcel has been refused at delivery 🤨 got in touch with yodel you have to get in touch with the sender got in touch with sender looks like it was sent to asda but with my home address on it so they won't accept it. The only thing we can do is refund you takes 5 days and you will have ro re order.
Thing is it was low stock when I ordered it and I can't reorder until I get the refund as i now can't afford it until then. Why couldn't they just re send it? 😤

Reactions: 3
Entitled pricks who think you should give up bought and paid for seats on trains and planes.

There are so many stories floating around these days of people being asked to give up or change seats for kids and it winds me up. Anytime I fly I always choose a seat I want to sit in. 9 times out of 10 these days you have to pay for it. I saw a tik tok the other day of a woman who was trying to shame passengers on a train because her son, who was bout 8, was sitting on floor. She genuinely thought one of the adults should stand to let her child sit down. I don't think the comments were what she was expecting.
A colleague’s pregnant wife sat in someone’s reserved seat on the train home, when the person who had reserved the seat got on the train they (shock horror) wanted to sit in their booked seat - colleague and his wife started arguing with the guy that she was entitled to the seat because she was pregnant.

It doesn’t work like that! It’s his seat, if he WANTS to give it to the pregnant woman it’s his choice. Entitled buggers.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.