What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Facebook marketplace.
Ive ranted already about this but its really starting to piss me off!
Them - is this still available
Me, literally 2 seconds later - yes

Nothing... 2 days later... NOTHING

Reactions: 7
Facebook marketplace.

So annoying isn’t it ..

I’ve listed a few things for free recently and quite literally the best question was
‘will it fit my car ?’ I should have replied with how the duck would I know .

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So annoying isn’t it ..

I’ve listed a few things for free recently and quite literally the best question was
‘will it fit my car ?’ I should have replied with how the duck would I know .
I've got on a price and open to offers. Then its just "how much do you want for it"

Well i WANT the price i listed...

Reactions: 4
Facebook marketplace.

I’m having the same issue at the moment. Selling some of my sons old toys, a woman desperately wants it apparently! Arranged collection for Monday, so I rush home and she doesn’t turn up 🤬 So rearranged for today as I just want it gone, but I haven’t heard a peep. Feel like messaging just to personally call her a massive cock. I despise marketplace

Reactions: 3
Shops deciding how much of something I can buy when there is not a shortage on those items. I can accept that with pain, the two packet only limitations have prevented suicide so I can support that, but now I'm only allowed to buy one packet of my allergy tablets at a time when I've always bought two.

The constant interference in our every day lives has become too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My partners family.

They're all relatively well off. Certainly not rich by any means, but all work full time, own their own houses, pay bills, have holidays and buy nice things etc etc. So none of this is coming from misplaced assumptions, we spend a lot of time together and they don't exactly hide their lifestyles.

But his parents, siblings and their partners have all applied for government hardship/crisis payments and are encouraging us to do it too because it's free cash?! I'm so bleeping angry. They're all bragging about how they've got a free £100 or £200 cash. For essentially lying and saying they can't afford their bills...

This money is surely for people in actual CRISIS situations?? People who genuinely cannot pay their bills, no money in the bank and can't top their gas up or buy food for their kids.

Now they're all calling me daft and stupid for not taking the "free money" and just don't seem to have any comprehension of where I'm coming from 🤯

I love my partner, luckily he's nothing like his parents but Christ, I find it so difficult being a part of their life at times..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Shops deciding how much of something I can buy when there is not a shortage on those items. I can accept that with pain, the two packet only limitations have prevented suicide so I can support that, but now I'm only allowed to buy one packet of my allergy tablets at a time when I've always bought two.

The constant interference in our every day lives has become too much.
TBF I'm even annoyed at the pain thing.. (which if we were honest wasn;t stopping anyone from going to a high street and getting one box in every shop if they felt like it) it's the fact that a few months ago me, my flatmate and my friend all had colds. Off I trots to Wilko (other stores are available) hops on the old checkout with my 3 boxes of Lemsip a likes. - one each for each of us my being the one who could get to the shops during opening hrs.Oh no you can only have 2 says the sales assistant - its the old suicide prevention rule. Lets face it who is going to drink 30 lemsips . surely you would pee out most of it before it did any damage..

also now you have to be 16 to buy them cos my last trip to Wilkos to get some for my flatmate resulted in my being carded so to speak..

LUDICROUS. Nobody seems to be stopping the kids vaping and taking drugs off the local dealers i might add but oh no can't buy a Lemsip

Reactions: 12
My partners family.

They're all relatively well off. Certainly not rich by any means, but all work full time, own their own houses, pay bills, have holidays and buy nice things etc etc. So none of this is coming from misplaced assumptions, we spend a lot of time together and they don't exactly hide their lifestyles.

But his parents, siblings and their partners have all applied for government hardship/crisis payments and are encouraging us to do it too because it's free cash?! I'm so bleeping angry. They're all bragging about how they've got a free £100 or £200 cash. For essentially lying and saying they can't afford their bills...

This money is surely for people in actual CRISIS situations?? People who genuinely cannot pay their bills, no money in the bank and can't top their gas up or buy food for their kids.

Now they're all calling me daft and stupid for not taking the "free money" and just don't seem to have any comprehension of where I'm coming from 🤯

I love my partner, luckily he's nothing like his parents but Christ, I find it so difficult being a part of their life at times..
Isn't that only a UC loan anyway?

Ik this is the rant thread but I just want to point out that whilst the legislation which limits the number of packets of paracetamol you can buy may be irritating, it has actually massively reduced suicides by paracetamol overdose.
Obviously yes, if someone really does want to end their life then they will go to different shops to buy as much as they need, but in terms of the impulsive overdoses taken in a moment of extreme distress, this law really has prevented many deaths.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Ik this is the rant thread but I just want to point out that whilst the legislation which limits the number of packets of paracetamol you can buy may be irritating, it has actually massively reduced suicides by paracetamol overdose.
Obviously yes, if someone really does want to end their life then they will go to different shops to buy as much as they need, but in terms of the impulsive overdoses taken in a moment of extreme distress, this law really has prevented many deaths.

Wow Deez I had no idea.I am not saying that I don't agree with the legislation. I personally don't take pain or other medication because I dont like putting drugs in my body but it's amazing what affect it has had and thats a good thing.

My point was in relation to the Lemsip thing - is it even possible to OD on Lemsip? Can anyone picture someone even trying to drink 30 lemsips at a time etc etc?

Ps I have often noticed you cross examining my rants /posts on this thread. Have I done something to offend you personally that I am not aware of?

Reactions: 2
Isn't that only a UC loan anyway?
No, it's a grant that doesn't need to be paid back. Not sure if it's just a thing here in Wales? It's called the Discretionary Assistance Fund. It's definitely a flawed system, they don't ask many details. Don't need to provide any proof of any incomes or lack of funds. So definitely far too easy for people to take the piss but surely anyone with a functioning moral compass wouldn't feel right doing it.. 🤷‍♀️🙄

Reactions: 4
Wow Deez I had no idea.I am not saying that I don't agree with the legislation. I personally don't take pain or other medication because I dont like putting drugs in my body but it's amazing what affect it has had and thats a good thing.

My point was in relation to the Lemsip thing - is it even possible to OD on Lemsip? Can anyone picture someone even trying to drink 30 lemsips at a time etc etc?

Ps I have often noticed you cross examining my rants /posts on this thread. Have I done something to offend you personally that I am not aware of?
Yes, Lemsip contains paracetamol and as it comes in powder form it’s definitely possible to OD on. You can take it without diluting it with water.

And no not at all, hence why I added the disclaimer saying ‘I know that this is a rant thread’. I actually found out recently just how much this legislation has reduced the rate of suicides by paracetamol OD and just wanted to share 🤷‍♀️.

Reactions: 6
No, it's a grant that doesn't need to be paid back. Not sure if it's just a thing here in Wales? It's called the Discretionary Assistance Fund. It's definitely a flawed system, they don't ask many details. Don't need to provide any proof of any incomes or lack of funds. So definitely far too easy for people to take the piss but surely anyone with a functioning moral compass wouldn't feel right doing it.. 🤷‍♀️🙄
that seems a little concerning, what if they end up checking?:oops::oops: Would you get done for fraud?!

Reactions: 1

Just wanted to share a story that probably sheds a bit of light .

Back in the late 1980's before I was even born my mum had a best friend who was a happy healthy young woman in her early twenties they were really close, anyway mums friend had had a really bad cold that she couldn't shake off it then turned into a flu but she was determined to go out at the weekend with the girls
she told mum she was on paracetamols but she was going to start on lemsips as well to speed up her recovery, what she didn't realise as back then it apparently it wasn't made clear on the packaging that there was also paracetamol in the lemsip so she was taking double the the amount - drinking a lemsip and straight after taking two paracetamol ..... long story short she ended up accidentally overdosing over a period days and at hospital was told she had been lucky to survive.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Went into a building to collect a package, bleeping security made me remove my balaclava!
Been into this place many times so why now?? I never take it off unless I'm going into an
Embassy.

Sadly I can't complain because I could get banned from the premises.

Shopping, or specifically milk and eggs.

Yesterday I went to 3 supermarkets - Tesco, Aldi and Lidl. No eggs, none. Actually that's a lie, Tesco had some boxes of organic eggs which were £4 for 6 (I'll pass at that price!). It's been the same for weeks now, either nothing at all or only boxes of 6, and the most expensive ones of those. A couple of weeks ago I managed to find 12 in Morrisons, so got 2 boxes, but none since. At this rate am thinking of buying my own hens....

Also milk. Both Aldi and Lidl yesterday had no skimmed milk at all.
I don't really like skimmed milk, my preference is 1% - but nowhere (other than my tiny local Co-op), not even Tesco/ Morrisons/ Asda etc sells it any more.

I kind of resent having to go to 4-5 different supermarkets just to get basic shopping!

• Heart
Shopping, or specifically milk and eggs.

Yesterday I went to 3 supermarkets - Tesco, Aldi and Lidl. No eggs, none. Actually that's a lie, Tesco had some boxes of organic eggs which were £4 for 6 (I'll pass at that price!). It's been the same for weeks now, either nothing at all or only boxes of 6, and the most expensive ones of those. A couple of weeks ago I managed to find 12 in Morrisons, so got 2 boxes, but none since. At this rate am thinking of buying my own hens....

Also milk. Both Aldi and Lidl yesterday had no skimmed milk at all.
I don't really like skimmed milk, my preference is 1% - but nowhere (other than my tiny local Co-op), not even Tesco/ Morrisons/ Asda etc sells it any more.

I kind of resent having to go to 4-5 different supermarkets just to get basic shopping!
It really does seem like you need to go when they stock it, as when you go in the evening or weekend so many things are gone. Now the veg situation as well, couldn't get stuff I wanted yesterday at all!

Reactions: 1
Discount Codes! You think oooh that will save me some pennies and then realise at the checkout you have to spend over 50, 60, or even 100 pounds! Grrrr

Discount Codes! You think oooh that will save me some pennies and then realise at the checkout you have to spend over 50, 60, or even 100 pounds! Grrrr
Hot tip - try discount codes such as TEST, TEST123 etc. Sometimes web devs use those to test the setup but they can be forgotten.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.