What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knocked my phone off the kitchen worktop last night and now it’s completely dead😩 it’s insured but I’m in the middle of moving house so can’t send it off yet until i know for definite where I’ll be to send it back to! The only old phone I can find in my house is about 6 years old and painfully slow, can barely make a call. And all my banking apps are on my phone which I’ll need for buying stuff for my new house.it couldn’t have come at a worse time!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Why do I have to be a grumpy witch for 3 and a half weeks of every month.

that’s it. That’s the extent of my rant

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
My micromanaging manager. Go told off for removing a ticket label today ("don't remove the documentation label if you haven't documented it"), when the documentation was done 3 months ago and linked in the ticket too. Pointed it out, but go no apology or anything.

This is just the latest stuff. My workflow is not to his liking, my code is always nitpicket to tit, I don't get any features to develop any more.

Add to that that he has taken a particular liking to another member of the team who's code is "looking extremely good" while I struggle to get a word of praise at the best of times. I know it's work and I shouldn't take it personal but I do. It hurts, and my ego is bruised.

I have a hard time with knowing if I'm doing a good job, but I've had a long talk with our engineering director recently who was super happy with my work and how I'm doing. So either our engineering director is lying to me (which I don't believe as he does not shy away from difficult conversations), or my manager isn't honest with our director.

Reactions: 8
A colleague’s pregnant wife sat in someone’s reserved seat on the train home, when the person who had reserved the seat got on the train they (shock horror) wanted to sit in their booked seat - colleague and his wife started arguing with the guy that she was entitled to the seat because she was pregnant.

It doesn’t work like that! It’s his seat, if he WANTS to give it to the pregnant woman it’s his choice. Entitled buggers.
The thing is, in most situations were someone is in genuine need I would not have a problem. I'd be the first to give up my seat. It's when randomers just expect it.

Reactions: 14
I'm normally one of the first to offer to someone who looks in genuine need, but when someone acts entitled then it makes me not want to.

Reactions: 12
My micromanaging manager. Go told off for removing a ticket label today ("don't remove the documentation label if you haven't documented it"), when the documentation was done 3 months ago and linked in the ticket too. Pointed it out, but go no apology or anything.

This is just the latest stuff. My workflow is not to his liking, my code is always nitpicket to tit, I don't get any features to develop any more.

Add to that that he has taken a particular liking to another member of the team who's code is "looking extremely good" while I struggle to get a word of praise at the best of times. I know it's work and I shouldn't take it personal but I do. It hurts, and my ego is bruised.

I have a hard time with knowing if I'm doing a good job, but I've had a long talk with our engineering director recently who was super happy with my work and how I'm doing. So either our engineering director is lying to me (which I don't believe as he does not shy away from difficult conversations), or my manager isn't honest with our director.
Well talking helps! I brought it up today how I feel like I've lost his trust to do things correctly and how I can gain back his trust in me - his reaction was super positive and he assured me that he hasn't lost trust, it wasn't meant this way at all and he's just pissed at a different team and thus he's kinda jumped the gun with me today. Apologised too! Will keep an eye out, I'm still a bit wary, but it's at least a positive step and I'm glad I brought it up.

• Heart
Evri - EBay - Bank. All of them.

Evri to be fair have admitted to losing my parcel I have it in writing, well, email. eBay refused the proof, I did everything eBay asked to get them what they wanted in order to refund me, they still didn’t, went to bank, who after 2 months have decided to agree with eBay. I HAVE PROOF THE PARCEL IS LOST 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😡😡😡 just don’t know where to turn next. Evri won’t reimburse me, the seller needed to claim against them, but seller decided to ignore me.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Evri - EBay - Bank. All of them.

Evri to be fair have admitted to losing my parcel I have it in writing, well, email. eBay refused the proof, I did everything eBay asked to get them what they wanted in order to refund me, they still didn’t, went to bank, who after 2 months have decided to agree with eBay. I HAVE PROOF THE PARCEL IS LOST 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😡😡😡 just don’t know where to turn next. Evri won’t reimburse me, the seller needed to claim against them, but seller decided to ignore me.
Can you talk to Trading standards maybe? Don't know if that could help but it sure seems up their alley.

Entitled pricks who think you should give up bought and paid for seats on trains and planes.

There are so many stories floating around these days of people being asked to give up or change seats for kids and it winds me up. Anytime I fly I always choose a seat I want to sit in. 9 times out of 10 these days you have to pay for it. I saw a tik tok the other day of a woman who was trying to shame passengers on a train because her son, who was bout 8, was sitting on floor. She genuinely thought one of the adults should stand to let her child sit down. I don't think the comments were what she was expecting.
YES and also people who on crowded tube trains let their kids (who i might add do NOT pay) take up all the seats. I have a knee injury which turned out to be arthritis. Therefore i cannot stand for 45 min to an hr especially on a jerky tube without holding onto a rail (another thing I get glared at and commented on for needing) Kids have all the energy in the world, an abundant amount and no apparent or hidden disability or condition. They do not need to sit down especially when they are only going a few stops
---
The thing is, in most situations were someone is in genuine need I would not have a problem. I'd be the first to give up my seat. It's when randomers just expect it.
have i commented here about the time i witnessed a slightly pregnant woman have the utter gall to turf an obviously physically disabled guy out of his seat. I've clocked her a few times since and let her dare cross me. I've never been so revolted in all my life

• Wow
YES and also people who on crowded tube trains let their kids (who i might add do NOT pay) take up all the seats. I have a knee injury which turned out to be arthritis. Therefore i cannot stand for 45 min to an hr especially on a jerky tube without holding onto a rail (another thing I get glared at and commented on for needing) Kids have all the energy in the world, an abundant amount and no apparent or hidden disability or condition. They do not need to sit down especially when they are only going a few stops
---

have i commented here about the time i witnessed a slightly pregnant woman have the utter gall to turf an obviously physically disabled guy out of his seat. I've clocked her a few times since and let her dare cross me. I've never been so revolted in all my life
Whatever happened to sitting on a parents knee if they're small enough?

Reactions: 13
So a simple solution to lasagna pasta fitting is to pop the sheets in boiling water for a few minutes until they soften.. not too long . I googled it and I’ll be giving it a go next week.
---
People who arrive to an intimate appointment unclean. When I say unclean I’m talking about tit. Awful! 🤢🤮
I always make I shower and I’m de fuzzed .. I’d hate the nurses to say there’s the girl with a hairy muff.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I found out today my eldest is being bullied at work. She’s 20. She told her manager who it was yesterday and her response was ‘let’s not point fingers’. Wtf?! She came out of work absolutely distraught 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Whatever happened to sitting on a parents knee if they're small enough?
My 4-year-old niece loves holding on to the pole on the Tube. She thinks sitting is boring.

I'm absolutely fed up with hearing about AI, and AI art and "artists" in particular. No, Dermot, you are not an artist because you can type something into an answer bar, any more than the aforementioned 4yo niece is being an artist when she asks me to draw a cat for her.

Reactions: 5
I found out today my eldest is being bullied at work. She’s 20. She told her manager who it was yesterday and her response was ‘let’s not point fingers’. Wtf?! She came out of work absolutely distraught 😞
I'm so sorry this is happening to your daughter. My ex boss bullied me ,I was also only 20. She was 55 & complete vile . I wasn't the only one she bullied. This was 29 yrs ago and I never knew I could do anything about it . I wish I'd gone to HR or the union. I moved department and ended up being on a better salary and in a better position.

Reall hope things improve for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Online robot so called customer service

Are they just set up to fk with your customer?

Type out my enquiry complaint etc and get some inane response. Type out more detail. More inane response. I wasnt angry at start but left angry

Reactions: 8
Im ill again. Or still? Ive got sinusitis and it went, but has come back with a vengeance and I cant get dressed, im bored out of my mind, everything in my face hurts... i just want a hot bath, face down 😂 might solve the rest of my problems

• Sad
Reactions: 4
People coming into threads and not reading the first post or the recap.
And asking for someone to fill them in. duck off you lazy sod 😂
---
I'm so sorry this is happening to your daughter. My ex boss bullied me ,I was also only 20. She was 55 & complete vile . I wasn't the only one she bullied. This was 29 yrs ago and I never knew I could do anything about it . I wish I'd gone to HR or the union. I moved department and ended up being on a better salary and in a better position.

Reall hope things improve for her.
Sorry you went through it too. I did as well but worked for a big organisation so I could go to HR. My daughter works for small local company but I still feel she should take it further. She’s going to update her CV and look for something else. She said she spent yesterdays shift not daring to talk to anyone 😞

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.