What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My rant is the fact that it's impossible to get a doctor's appointment here that's not on the phone. I mean they will bring you in if needed but only after a phone call. I hate phone calls and feel super awkward talking about medical issues on the phone. Is it never going to go back to face to face appointments??

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My rant is the fact that it's impossible to get a doctor's appointment here that's not on the phone. I mean they will bring you in if needed but only after a phone call. I hate phone calls and feel super awkward talking about medical issues on the phone. Is it never going to go back to face to face appointments??
I don't like it when they say they will phone you back and they never do. My partner needed information for his new job a while back he asked a question like how long does that last they didn't know and would call him back. They never did thankfully he didn't need it

Reactions: 4
I don't like it when they say they will phone you back and they never do. My partner needed information for his new job a while back he asked a question like how long does that last they didn't know and would call him back. They never did thankfully he didn't need it
Mine phone back but they don't always give you a time for the appointment, it could be anytime between 9-6

Reactions: 2
About a month ago I dropped my phone and it went completely dead. It was literally days before I moved house so couldn't send it off to the insurers straight away for various reasons. Anyway, moving house happened, been a busy few weeks and I've struggled on with a phone my sister gave me which is OK but has a smashed screen itself.

On Friday I rang the insurance company (insurance is through bank account) because I was struggling to get through online (computer kept saying no). They said they would do it over the phone but needed my IMEI number which I couldn't get immediately as phone was dead and box is somewhere in the cellar waiting to be unpacked. Finally got the IMEI number, went back online only to find the bank has changed the insurance provider since I rang on Friday and instead of having to pay £25 excess it's now £75! I'm fuming with myself for not sorting it out sooner!

Annoying thing is, my phone is a £150 android, and it would cost exactly the same to repair through the insurance as a £1000 iPhone!

• Wow
I rang a company this morning to pay for something that’s being delivered at the weekend.
It costs £100.
Got home from work and checked my account to find they’ve mistakenly put the payment through as
£1000!!!!! They’ve clearly entered too many zeros.
I feel sick.
They’re closed for the day now too, so I can’t chase them until tomorrow and I’ll spend the evening worrying about it now.
I really don’t need this aggro 😡 I hope they refund it easily enough :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
When you lend someone money and they don't pay it back when they say they would because they're "skint" but you see on a local beauty salons page a photo of them having just had their lip filler and lashes done 🙃🙃
oh gawd do not get me started again on that twit on my socials posting crowdfunders every other day because he cant afford rent/groceries/vet bills - perm any one from the above and more... posting a bleeping (excuse my language) expresso martini yesterday..NYC bars are NOT cheap for any beverage

My friends been ill a lot recently. I’ve messaged him a few times since Friday and he’s not replied. I know he’ll be in bed and on his phone a lot of the day. I can see he was online as well. It’s annoying as I’ve messaged him about something that he wanted to do last year which tickets were released for and have a discount for the first so many. Messaged about money he owes me. And messaged about plans as I want to pick up extra work so checking if he can meet on a certain day. Also I know once he finally reads my messages he’ll be like too much info I can’t deal with it all and not reply to any of it 🙄
Is he genuinely ill? I'm wondering if he's just saying that, because he can't pay the money back and is too ashamed to admit that?
---
We have this in NZ too. If you ring the clinic and say you MUST get a face-to-face appointment because X, they will get a nurse to call and talk further, who gets to decide if the face-to-face appointment is needed. It's frustrating but I don't think things will ever return to 'normal' (old-normal).

Is he genuinely ill? I'm wondering if he's just saying that, because he can't pay the money back and is too ashamed to admit that?
---

We have this in NZ too. If you ring the clinic and say you MUST get a face-to-face appointment because X, they will get a nurse to call and talk further, who gets to decide if the face-to-face appointment is needed. It's frustrating but I don't think things will ever return to 'normal' (old-normal).
He is generally ill but it just annoys me as I can see he has been online and I know he’ll spend most/all day in bed probably mostly watching tiktoks but won’t reply to my message. Most of my messages weren’t about the money he owes me as it wasn’t owed until today. I’d just asked for it in advance as it comes out of my account so I prefer to have it ready. It’s also annoying as the last few months I have to wait till he gets paid even though he knows when it’s due so imo should have it ready/saved for it. Luckily I can afford to wait but I’d still rather just have it. Luckily not many payments left. But it’s not just about the money it’s about the other messages. Especially as he wants to meet up soon which is fine but I want to plan other things so need to know what days he can do so I don’t plan other stuff as he’ll get annoyed if I say I can’t meet up as I’m busy even though it’s his fault for not getting back to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not really a rant but whenever I’m off work people are always bloody texting me about something or another, it’s such a nightmare. I’ve just replied back today to say “I’m on leave please ask someone else in the team” and then muted all conversations for 8hrs. Like PISS OFF I want/need a break.
Maybe you can get a WhatsApp business number you use for work messages. They would get the sorry we’re closed today message if they do message you automatically so you wouldn’t have to deal with it.

My brother gets given a separate phone for when he’s at work. He does still carry his personal though.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.