Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Sorry but I’m getting sick and fed up of seeing videos which say ‘you’re neurodivergent if you….’ Today it was if you look up an actor in a film. Sorry but don’t most of us do that? See a film, recognise an actor then google the film to see cast? Earlier it was ‘you have adhd if you had a great upbringing but hate conflict’. What in the hell? Again most folk hate conflict ffs. What’s this obsession with having some mental issue? Do they have FOMO?

• Haha
Reactions: 18

paulpercy666

Chatty Member
Currently in a waiting room and there’s a couple opposite kissing so obnoxiously that I can HEAR it 🤢 my AirPods have died and I don’t dare listen to music in case I don’t hear my name being called so I’m just suffering

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

slmapg

VIP Member
Cannabis…might be in the minority the amount of times I’m having to smell that stench now! How can anyone like walking around smelling like shit 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Am I the only person who use google maps to check out houses and numbers before I go? It's so handy, I just use the little man to walk down the street 😆

• Haha

leviosa

Gonna have a full on rant. Please mute this if you don't want absolute rage on your thingy!!
I took a day off work today. Just need a mental health day to decompress and be on sofa with cats after my kids said they were moving to dads then suddenly decided actually they weren't. Daughter was just angry, apparently, that I said her friends couldn't stay here and freeload anymore (I have literally been doing their laundry, all their cooking, cleaning up their underwear from bathroom floor).
Now boss has said I have to talk to him tomorrow. For what?? They don't have a problem with another worker literally taking a whole week off because he pulled a back muscle whisking batter for toad in the hole (I promise I'm not making this up).
I think maybe because it's such I'm a genuinely valuable worker to them, they've admitted I'm responsible for bringing in 50% of the overall revenue. But why does that mean I should be treated more harshly??
I defy any single one of them there to try and find someone who's been through the last 18 months I have and somehow expect them still to be an up and bright sunbeam every day.

• Heart

iieee

VIP Member
When you ring a company because you need help from a person which isn't on their website and they send you through 20 menu options just to give you a recorded message saying "this information is on our website". Has anyone in the history of ever gone "OH WOW THERE'S A WEBSITE, BRAND NEW INFORMATION". It boils my fucking piss.

• Haha
  • Heart

bunnys

Posted online about a Pandora ring I got for Christmas. I was looking for some advice; one of the CZ "diamonds" is a little darker/duller than the others and I wondered if it was set incorrectly or if I could do anything to fix it. The only comment I got back was about how Pandora jewellery is shite and you can get better quality stuff elsewhere.

Pandora isn't the most high end jewellery and I know that. Still, it was a gift from my parents (I'm 19) and I only have one other real silver ring so it's special to me. It's like if I asked advice about a ripped pair of H&M jeans and someone told me not to bother buying crap quality jeans in the first place :rolleyes: Doesn't solve the problem I'm having now!!!

• Wow
  • Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
I could have written this 😆.

I always bring illnesses home from work (the joys of working with teenagers) and I just get on with it. Yes I feel crap but the world cannot stop because I have a cold. Every time my husband inevitably catches it from me he acts like he’s caught the plague 😅. He goes ohhhh this is so much worse than what you had. IS IT??!?

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Yes!!! He keeps saying things like "your cough wasn't like this" wasn't it?!?!?!?! How would you know? Were you in my lungs?!

• Haha

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
Rather niche but the fucking post office. I need to send an urgent important parcel abroad. So I went to the sorting office to find out they randomly close at 2pm. No problem, I’ll go to another sorting office. Travel 15 mins, Pay to park. Get to sorting office. Stand in queue, get to the till to be told that they can’t take my parcel as they don’t sell stamps?! Explain that I need to send parcel today and where can I go that do actually sell stamps/can take my parcel?
She says the next town. OFF I GO…

Get to next town, pay to park stand in the queue for 30 mins as they have ONE PERSON ON THE TILL. Finally get to the till, asks me if it’s going abroad. I say yes, she tells me I need to do a customs form for it. Quickly fill out form……

TO THEN BE TOLD THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING INTERNATIONAL MAIL DUE TO A CYBER ATTACK IN JANUARY.

Desperate now so head to parcelforce. Get there, it’s looking good. They are accepting parcels. Want £36 to send a TINY parcel but at this point I do not give a shit. Weigh it, fill out customs form. I’m THRILLED. This parcel is leaving my hands and therefore my responsibility…..

Asks for my name- spells it wrong so have to correct him,

Asks for my address- not coming up on the system. Has to manually type it in. Gets the number wrong. Correct him.

Can I take your number- “yes, 8,7…”
Him: “double 7”
Me: no, 8,7
Him: so I’ve got 77
Me: NO 87.

Gets me to check my details. Name is still spelt wrong, address is completely wrong and my MOBILE NUMBER SHOWS 77.

Needless to say, this fella didn’t inspire the greatest of confidence and I’m within a whisker of having a stress related heart attack. So I take my urgent parcel back.

So, I’ve paid about £20 in petrol, £5 in parking charges and AN ENTIRE AFTERNOON TO NOT SEND A FUCKING PARCEL. Honestly, it would have been cheaper for me to hop on Skyscanner, get a flight and HAND DELIVER this bloody parcel!

• Wow
  • Haha

Elle Woods

VIP Member
People who make absolutely no effort with you whatsoever apart from when they either want something from you, or think you might have some gossip or information on a situation they want to be nosey about.

• Sad
  • Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
We had someone from The Red Cross knocking on our front door last night at 7pm trying to get us to sign up. Obviously he was turned away.

I've told this story before but a few years ago we gave money monthly to NSPCC. We had decide on an amount and that was what we were happy with. The NSPCC then continued to ask if we would like to increase it. They asked a lot. In the end my husband told them that if they asked one more time we would cancel to direct debit completely. It was cancelled about a month later.

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Why do people feel the need/think they’re entitled to make comments about what you eat? I’m sick of it from my in-laws, it’s brushed off as banter but it’s all the time and it’s starting to get on my nerves 🙃 I could sit there and eat a lettuce leaf and there’d be something to say

• Sad

Lalla

VIP Member
Everyone says you should ask for help with things you can't do. Every time I ask for help I'm mocked and told I should or could do it myself :(

Even in my own home - I just reminded my son that I needed help (from him and his brother) to move some furniture, He just told me he's too busy and stressed and to do it myself. Or wait until Sunday and he'll help then. Except he won't because he's been saying he'll do it tomorrow/ in a couple of days for 2 weeks.

My Ex was the same - always telling me what I should be able to do. Patronising twat.

• Heart
  • Sad

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
Who wouldn’t complain about food being two YEARS out of date, that’s grim.

My rant of the day is my skin. How can I pump so much money and effort into her and she just doesn’t care at all??

• Heart
  • Haha

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
With regards to the boyfriend using your stuff. I’ve a funny story. My middle daughters partner was like this. He would try her shampoo shower gel exfoliation cream etc. Well she bought a tub of pink stuff and cleaned her grouting. Left it on the side. Along comes numnuts and thinks ‘oooh a new body wash’. Luckily he came to no harm and he didn’t do it again. My daughter couldn’t stop laughing

• Haha
  • Heart

Lalla

VIP Member
Work collections. Every month and I mean every month there's a collection for birthdays, deaths and everything in-between. I'm paying out 20-30 each month and I honestly can't afford it.

It's so difficult to not put in to the collection as everyone will know.
I've got this at the moment. 3 people are leaving at the same time. The requested contribution is £15 each. I'm fuming.

If I was asked I would at most have put in a tenner. I'm sorry but £15 seems a huge amount, there are 5 other people contributing. So they're each going to end up with a £90 gift.

£45. Unbelieveable.

And the problem is if I put in £10 I look petty, for the sake of £15. But it pisses me off. The person arranging earns about £25k a year more than me, hence absolutely zero concept of money.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
I’m sad that my partner and I live so far apart. Our biggest difference is that he is so social and has loads of friends, I am reserved and spend a lot of time alone.

He has holidays and plans for the next 3 weekends. Nothing in the grand scheme of things but it’s a drag for me and makes me upset. I do go to the gym and swimming or yoga. I’ve booked a spa morning one of the weekends. I just hate that point in the evening when I get home and realise I’m alone.

• Heart
  • Sad

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Not really a rant but a slightly Mumsnetty whinge… my little girl is asthmatic and is just getting over a nasty virus she had in the week. Unfortunately the combination of the two means she has a residual cough from it. She went to ballet today and the teacher must have been in a bad mood or something because apparently she turned to my daughter and told her to stop coughing… I felt really annoyed when she came home and told me (she’s 4) as a cough isn’t exactly easy to suppress? Wouldn’t it have been better managed by sending her out to her dad for some water or asking if she needed her inhaler? I just feel a bit annoyed my daughter got the brunt of the teacher today and my protective side wants to ask her if she can’t find some alternatives to what she said….. my husband said when he looked in the class she was doing her best to keep the cough in… puffed out cheeks and all bless her!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16