Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crispycrunch

VIP Member
The word "triggered"!!! Everyone is so offended or "triggered" now ffs. Soon we'll all be triggered by everyone taking a dump 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

MissTeddy

VIP Member
This crowded gym talk is just making me feel guilty that everyone is at the gym and i'm sat on the sofa every night with tea and biscuits. I find these freezing temperatures really demotivating. It makes me really antisocial, i just don't want to leave my house - let alone put lycra on!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
People who turn physical attributes into personality traits. There's a person annoying me at the moment who considers having curly hair gives her a special curly personality that only other people with curly hair understand.

• Haha
  • Wow

zetta buttons

VIP Member
Periods. Come when they feel like it. Make you feel awful for a week before they come. When they are here you feel worse because of the bleeding. Think you might get 3 weeks off before the cycle starts again but who knows?

Just piss off.

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Me and the husband have both been ill for nearly 2 weeks now.

We have spent the whole time between Xmas and New year just watching TV, reading, doing puzzles, and for me cross stitching. It feels like a waste of time but has also been nice to fully chill out.

Today is the last day before we are back to work. I have said we need to take the tree down down today and tody the lounge a bit and he is all woe is me and saying how ill he is. I also have a tesco order arriving in about 40 minutes and he says he is too ill to help me bring the shopping from the front door to the kitchen...

I know you're fucking ill I am too! But we need to do something! And we can't just leave the food at the door.

He is being so pathetic and it's doing my head in

• Sad
  • Heart

paulpercy666

Chatty Member
The world has gone mad. I was talking about food at the bakery with a colleague this morning and said something like "I could kill for a gingerbread man" and she corrected me and said "it's gingerbread person now isn't it?"

I'm sorry but if someone is getting offended by me referring to baked goods as "men" then they need to have a word with themselves. It's not that deep.
I HATEEEE that stuff like this has wormed its way into the mainstream. Absolutely no one who lives in the real world could care less about a biscuit being called a gingerbread man. It’s so ridiculous that it actually makes a mockery of real feminist issues. And anyone who is serious about wanting it to be a gingerbread person is completely deranged.

• Angry

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I notice in the news that shops seem to be gravitating out from town centres to retail parks and I can see why.
I had to go into town today as last day to return something. Didn't really have the time to go. Lot of closed shops and boarded up. Depressing. Was pissed off with how much the parking charge was I had to pay for a deprived area. Have been in other car parks I'm sure from same group who automatically reduce the price if you aren't there for the full time. Must be a franchise thing.
Retail parks are free for a few hours, it's flat and your car's nearby if your bags get heavy.
If you do find a nice town centre with free or cheap parking it doesn't take long before everyone else finds it then the council starts charging extortionate amounts to park, so it drives everyone away. Then the shops fail. 🤬
Feel better now after that whinge. 😄

pumpkinspice7

Chatty Member
Mine isn’t that serious but it really rags me when I reply to post on a tattle thread (e.g stacey solomon, mrs hinch etc etc) and get absolutely lynched because I dare to have opinion that isn’t tearing them down and get accused of being them?! Like god can I not have an opinion 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

Lola Ruby

Was out at a restaurant with my boyfriend last night and had one of the strangest experiences ever. We were there for about 45 mins having a nice night when this older couple comes in and sits at the bar. One of the waitresses came over to us and asked if we would mind moving tables as the couple (the man) insisted they sit at our table and that they were getting quite angry about it? I look over to the couple and the woman is literally scowling at me. We were both so shocked (we are both very non confrontational people) and I looked to my boyfriend to see his reaction and he didn't respond for a few seconds and then said "Well if they really want to sit here, it's not that big of a deal to us, we'll move somewhere else." He went outside to smoke and I was left with the waitress, who to be fair was really quite apologetic and embarrassed by it all. I asked if they were regular customers, because maybe they always sit at this table, she said no, I work here most nights and have never seen them before. Bear in mind there was nothing special about this table, at all, there were other much nicer tables (and lots of them, the restaurant wasn't even half full). So the waitress helps us move everything over to our new table (which was actually nicer, heh) and again is extremely apologetic (as were the other staff there including the chef), I don't know why they're being like this, etc and gives us both a glass of wine on the house. Still, it kind of ruined our night in a way because it was so WEIRD and we kept wondering why they'd singled us out and made us move?? Just a total lack of regard for us - we're paying customers too? Why are you more 'important' than us?

On the way back home we were discussing it and both agreed that the staff should have stood their ground and told the couple no, we were already sat there, if they wanted to be difficult about it they could leave. I don't think we'll ever go back now because they didn't stick up for us, but there were all really young girls working there so probably felt quite intimidated by the couple. We should have probably said no too and I'm so annoyed at myself for being such a mouse and going along with it! I was thinking about this all night after we got home, it was just so strange.

Sorry for this very rambly story lol, just had to get it off my chest. Served as another reminder that there are some really shit people out there!

• Wow
  • Sad

iieee

VIP Member
My rant today is my parents invited themselves to stay for the weekend, without telling me that also includes Friday and Monday. I live in a tiny 3 bed with 2 kids so I have been sleeping on the sofa so they can have my bed. Today I am WFH and my desk is in my bedroom but neither of them is showing any signs of getting dressed so I am going to have to join the Monday team meeting from the kitchen table where they will no doubt arrive for breakfast just as it's my turn to give an update. I've got meetings all day actually so they can't pretend they are staying here to see us, they are staying here because they see it as a free hotel. I am tired and my back hurts.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Pinkii

VIP Member
Little rant- this is happening more and more now and its really annoying me

can’t go into any threads now without people being triggered or upset by posts and taking them to heart and then asking posters to either not talk about it or talk about how ‘they don’t like the way things are being discussed’ so in a way trying to moderate and if people try to continue the conversation then the posters get pissy and try to start an argument 🙄.

nothing is even aimed at them! We are talking about the influencer in question! If it triggers you then fucking step away or ignore the posts!

• Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
People who are dismissive of you feelings. I know they don't do it to be mean.

I messaged a friend today about feeling sad as it's valentines day, I'm skint, no further forward in my love life than I was 4 years ago, and I know it's silly to even be bothered about it when normally I'm not.

Friends response "don't be sad, it is just another day. My partner and I have been together so long we don't even bother with it any more."

Like okay, I'll just not be sad because you and your long term partner don't celebrate it.

• Heart

Future

Chatty Member
Stop showing me videos and pics of your kid. I dont have kids and dont like kids so piss off and leave me alone. I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR BRAT IS DOING!!! :mad:

• Haha
  • Heart
Having to wash my hair 😩 It’s such a pain in the arse that I’m seriously considering just shaving it all off.
My hair is long and it’s very porous and so retains the water. It takes ages to wash and then dry and honestly if I didn’t have the face of a potato it would be gone 🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔

• Haha

Some People!

Chatty Member
I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW!!! 😭😭😭

I'm not in the mood, I don't want to see the other wankers who work there, I'd like a couple more days off, I'm fat and half my clothes don't fit and I hate the other half, I don't want to do the bits of work I immediately have to do, I'm lazy af and it's not fair.
My emotional support hag colleague has wisely booked the week off and that's made it all worse.

• Heart

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
I went to the launderette this morning and a guy came in and tried to talk to me. I had my earphones in so just smiled. He carried on talking and trying to make conversation about how am I so and so because I look familiar. No. He then went to the shop and came back with loads of sweets and chocolate and tried to get me to have some. I said no and he kept pestering me and said how I remind him of a girl he was in love with and how she turned him down and I was doing the same and breaking his heart. He made me feel SO uncomfortable. I threw all my clothes into the bag once dried without folding them cos I literally wanted to run out.

Why the fuck do some men feel they speak to women in such a way and make something as normal as a trip to the launderette so grim? Wtf. It’s made me not want to go alone again.

• Wow
  • Sad

mcfeez

VIP Member
Thick as shit people answering my emails.
Messaged company my parcel hasn’t arrived, I get appointed someone to help, first up they reply there was no items missing from my parcel when it was shipped, ok that’s great but I didn’t get the parcel, so then they ask can I send them a photo of the label on the parcel … I DIDN’T GET THE POXY PARCEL!!!!!
Reminds me of that person on twitter who complained to Amazon that their parcel hadn't arrived and Amazon wanted 'photographic proof' so they sent a pic of their empty hand - where the parcel should be 😂

• Haha

Lauryloo

A post on Mumsnet upset me today. I know I shouldn't get upset but a post was up asking if your child turned out to be disabled could you put them into care.

I've got a severely disabled 7 year old. Obviously wasn't in the plan. Who plans on their child having lifelong struggles? But she's so so awesome and funny, and the biggest pain in the arse and it makes me genuinely sad that people are so frightened of disabled people.

I'm hormonal so probably affecting me more than it should.

• Heart
  • Sad