What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Certain family completing ignoring my child’s birthday. Not even a like on a social media post but they had viewed it. I always make an effort for them but not anymore.
It shouldn’t do but it hurts like hell doesn’t it? Why do they do it? Selfish lot.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
The explosion in numbers of trannies is baffling. Not sure I believe there's so many and also why they act like they're a new race, I thought transitioning was temporary?

• Angry
Reactions: 8
thank you to whoever created this thread.

I seem to have woken up a weird resentment towards my mother.

we are in the process of talking about planning for our house extension and I want to have space for a piano for my daughter

this is probably heavily connected to the fact that my cousin (same age as me and a highly strung witch) grew up with a very competitive mum who did my nut in, also had a piano and ended up being a hugely talented pianist.

So anyway, on to the resentment. My mother, who is a good woman but also I think basically hid a nervous breakdown in my childhood years, bought an absolutely BEAUTIFUL piano when I was about 8.

she also bought me a keyboard, but never organised lessons for me.

Anyway…. I have this really annoying memory that whenever I would play on the piano (she would be upstairs) she would rush downstairs and scream at me to stop. I couldn’t even have been making much racket as I was a nervous and quiet child, and she would come down within the first few notes.

what the hell was the point in buying the bleeping thing then? No one was allowed to play it. Absolutely off her head. And I used to have to go round my cousins house where my auntie would make us sit around my cousin as she played (and sang btw) whatever music she’d learned that week. If I could pay someone to wipe my memory I absolutely would.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Boyfriend was going out for drinks with work today at some party. He cane over this morning and convinced me to stay at his afterwards, so I said sure, I'll pick him up when it's over and we'll go chill at his together. Planned my whole evening around that and got everything ready.

Anyway received a text an hour ago "I'm gonna go out in to town, having a great evening here, don't worry about staying at mine". Really pissed off, I'm happy he's having a good time after being depressed for so long, its his first night he's enjoyed. However I feel let down and disappointed. He hyped me up all morning to stay at his, was convincing me to stay and then cancels on me last minute. Just feel really pissed off and because he's so drunk he doesn't get it.

I struggle when things dont go to plan or the way we had scheduled, so this has just thrown me off massively and upset me. I've barely seen him all week, was looking forward to later and spending time together and having some us time. But oh no, apparently not!!

Just needed to rant as I know its minor but it's just fucked me off, I hate people letting me down and try so hard not to do it to others!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Boyfriend was going out for drinks with work today at some party. He cane over this morning and convinced me to stay at his afterwards, so I said sure, I'll pick him up when it's over and we'll go chill at his together. Planned my whole evening around that and got everything ready.

Anyway received a text an hour ago "I'm gonna go out in to town, having a great evening here, don't worry about staying at mine". Really pissed off, I'm happy he's having a good time after being depressed for so long, its his first night he's enjoyed. However I feel let down and disappointed. He hyped me up all morning to stay at his, was convincing me to stay and then cancels on me last minute. Just feel really pissed off and because he's so drunk he doesn't get it.

I struggle when things dont go to plan or the way we had scheduled, so this has just thrown me off massively and upset me. I've barely seen him all week, was looking forward to later and spending time together and having some us time. But oh no, apparently not!!

Just needed to rant as I know its minor but it's just fucked me off, I hate people letting me down and try so hard not to do it to others!
I’d be annoyed too tbh x

Reactions: 5
I’d be annoyed too tbh x
If he told me earlier on in the day I'd of been fine, before I done everything and got ready for his! Or even if he just said "I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight, so I'll let you know if I go home or not" would've been fine! But the fact he made plans with me and then cancelled an hour before is so frustrating!! I can't see him until mid week now anyway -his loss when he'll be hanging tomorrow and wanting me there, he missed out on that one

Reactions: 4
If he told me earlier on in the day I'd of been fine, before I done everything and got ready for his! Or even if he just said "I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight, so I'll let you know if I go home or not" would've been fine! But the fact he made plans with me and then cancelled an hour before is so frustrating!! I can't see him until mid week now anyway -his loss when he'll be hanging tomorrow and wanting me there, he missed out on that one
He'll probably feel silly tomorrow when he sobers up. Let him grovel!

It’s definitely not on cancelling an hour before. I no hope he feels like tit today 😂 don’t give him an ounce of sympathy x

Reactions: 3

My husband promised to come home from football, buy the ingredients for dinner and make it, got me all excited with what he was going to make us (we had no food in and he never cooks) but then as the afternoon drew on I kept getting these texts blaming his mates for the fact he hadn’t left yet. I ended up texting him “you’re nearly 40, grow up and take some accountability for your actions ffs” meanwhile me and the 2 yr old sat at home with baked beans on toast for dinner on a Saturday night. They can be selfish twats sometimes.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Turns out my boyfriend kissed someone else last night when drunk. After wards he ran off and didn't return, he's been wandering around our city since night because he had a mental breakdown and depressive episode. I picked him up at lunch and he had a massive breakdown and confessed straight away. Absolutely gutted and upset. I don't know whatvto do just need to let it out. I just wanna vent so if people want refrain from their opnions I'd appreciate it x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This is pathetic (given some of you have actual, real issues to rant about, but anyway...)

A couple of years ago my partner and I saw a house on Rightmove that was, in many ways, our dream property. It was in a small town not far from him so even though we weren't in a position to buy there and then (as I have a house to sell first and he had some financial issues to resolve, our plan was in 3-5 years), we decided to do a 'drive by' and have a nose. As it was unoccupied (probate sale I think) we drove up the driveway and looked through the windows. Even though it was a horribly wintery day there was something about it I loved. I could honestly see us living there. It wasn't the prettiest house to many people but there was something about it, plus it had fields front and back and a driveway well over 100ft long. I spent a lot of time thinking about how I'd decorate it, rejig the layout, and then what it would be like living there. Which was all a lovely distraction from the Covid stuff going on at the time.

Of course it sold to someone else, I felt sad for days after. Since then I've checked the planning portal (as I suspected whoever bought it would extend it - but until it did I had hope of one day buying it) but it's never come up, until today. The new owners have plans to extend it and completely redo the front white and grey, making the windows smaller so it looks dull, boring and bland like every other 'developed' house nowadays. There's a massive wisteria at the front that'll probably have to go. I just wish they were doing something nicer with it.

I split up with my partner in May too, so now I have no partner, and no future dream house :(

A little picture of how the house looked at it's best (I expect they've probably filled in the pond now too!)

1662393490093.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This is pathetic (given some of you have actual, real issues to rant about, but anyway...)

A couple of years ago my partner and I saw a house on Rightmove that was, in many ways, our dream property. It was in a small town not far from him so even though we weren't in a position to buy there and then (as I have a house to sell first and he had some financial issues to resolve, our plan was in 3-5 years), we decided to do a 'drive by' and have a nose. As it was unoccupied (probate sale I think) we drove up the driveway and looked through the windows. Even though it was a horribly wintery day there was something about it I loved. I could honestly see us living there. It wasn't the prettiest house to many people but there was something about it, plus it had fields front and back and a driveway well over 100ft long. I spent a lot of time thinking about how I'd decorate it, rejig the layout, and then what it would be like living there. Which was all a lovely distraction from the Covid stuff going on at the time.

Of course it sold to someone else, I felt sad for days after. Since then I've checked the planning portal (as I suspected whoever bought it would extend it - but until it did I had hope of one day buying it) but it's never come up, until today. The new owners have plans to extend it and completely redo the front white and grey, making the windows smaller so it looks dull, boring and bland like every other 'developed' house nowadays. There's a massive wisteria at the front that'll probably have to go. I just wish they were doing something nicer with it.

I split up with my partner in May too, so now I have no partner, and no future dream house :(

A little picture of how the house looked at it's best (I expect they've probably filled in the pond now too!)

View attachment 1556410
When it comes to home sales I strongly believe there is a guiding force, no joke. My mother’s flat has a story of miss and then victory. She got the place that she was eyeing and truly suits her in time for weathering the pandemic. My place could have also easily gone another way — there were two other people before me who were qualified but didn’t pass their interviews. It’s what I needed to make it through the pandemic as well. When I was looking at different areas to move, my father named this neighborhood as his #1 idea*. It’s very niche and incredible that he called it. I’m sorry that the owners are doing this to your dream home. I understand the heart break. The owners of my childhood home tore down all of the trees; it hurts. There’s another place out there and it will work out when it’s meant to. 💜

*I didn’t see myself living here when he mentioned it and so wrote it off entirely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Ah thank you! Thing is, it's kind of for the best because I'm not with him now, so if we had bought the house, I'd now be stuck with a house 200 miles from where I live currently, and I'd have been even sadder than now if I'd bought it and then had to sell it.

I still look at other houses but none have quite the same feeling as this one, even if I look at a higher price bracket.

Hopefully at some point I'll find another odd 60s style house with a ridiculously long driveway, I'm sure there is 1 out there somewhere :)

• Heart
My car needs a new clutch even though the same garage told me my fault was a ‘software update’ and a new battery 6 weeks ago. I’m sick of spending money on my car 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My car needs a new clutch even though the same garage told me my fault was a ‘software update’ and a new battery 6 weeks ago. I’m sick of spending money on my car 😩
I always feel quite resentful of my car costing me money, my Ex used to say you should allocate £50-100 a month to a car maintenance budget, depending on the age and size of the car, and all the years it costs you less than £600 annually are a bonus. Which isn't a bad way to look at it (provided you've got £50 a month to spare) but I still resent my car not trying harder to pass it's MOT.

How much will the new clutch be? Is it worth repairing? (my car only cost £1500, but it's so reliable I just keep spending £600 a year on it because the fear of buying another car is greater than the bi annual repairs)

Reactions: 1
Yeah cars will cost you regardless. I'm on the PCP train, which means I get a new one every 3-4 years. It's good because nothing really goes wrong with it (and if it does, it'll be covered under warranty) but it's a monthly cost for me to keep it. But if I don't do that, then it'll cost me in services and repairs.

Reactions: 1

View attachment 1556410
What a lovely setting. I hate this trend for grey houses. That house is beautiful with the wisteria.
I feel your pain but duck them, and your ex - your day will come 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m currently going through a miscarriage so I’m not in the chattiest of moods. My MIL tried FaceTiming me 3 times earlier on in the day and tbh I didn’t want to answer. I weren’t in the mood. She doesn’t want to speak to me, she FaceTimes to see my toddler. So I didn’t answer. A friend tagged me in something on fb and I responded and my MIL seen this, rang my boyfriend and told him I’d ignored her and that she wanted to see my son (who she sees every other day) my boyfriends comes home and has a go at me. Calls me ignorant. Sorry that I feel like tit and don’t want to listen to your Mum drone on and on and on and on
Bloody social media letting MILs track you down
🤪🙄😬

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.