What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an inner ear infection and it really hurts, I feel rubbish all day. My brother text me earlier and asked would I watch my niece tonight overnight, I said no because I didn’t feel great and was having an early night, he replied with ‘bit selfish but alright no problem’ 😒 I do so much with my nieces and nephews, I am a very involved aunt and it’s so annoying that the one time I say no that is the response.
He said “bit selfish” when asking you last minute to look after them (what if you had plans?), and on top of that, ignoring that you said you felt rubbish? Wow. He’s projecting! Hope you are feeling better, ear infections are the worst.

I want to rant about baking fails. I tried to make a cake after craving it all day. I got distracted and put like half the amount of flour in, by mistake, and I proceeded with baking. It came out a gloopy, inedible mess. No pudding for me, and wasted ingredients and time. I was not amused 😬

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Last night I told my husband I’m not particularly happy with myself at the moment - weight, appearance, organisation…lots of little things but ultimately all things about me that I want to change.

He’s made it all about him. Rather than just listening he started telling me about how he’s not happy with his weight, he’s just as forgetful as I am but doesn’t worry about it. The list goes on. I just shut down in the end because there is no point in me talking about myself when he does this.

then this morning he tells me that he’s barely slept because of it and I need to do something about it because it’s affecting him 🙄 duck. Off. Mate.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Last night I told my husband I’m not particularly happy with myself at the moment - weight, appearance, organisation…lots of little things but ultimately all things about me that I want to change.

He’s made it all about him. Rather than just listening he started telling me about how he’s not happy with his weight, he’s just as forgetful as I am but doesn’t worry about it. The list goes on. I just shut down in the end because there is no point in me talking about myself when he does this.

then this morning he tells me that he’s barely slept because of it and I need to do something about it because it’s affecting him 🙄 duck. Off. Mate.
People's obsession with space travel :unsure: :sleep::sleep:
My husband is like this. Won't listen and then turns it all into his issues. Every single time.

He also loves space and has set a reminder to watch the launch later 🥱🥱

We have our bathroom replacement starting tomorrow so I will be clearing everything out, making sure we have tea and biscuits for the trades etc while he watches a bloody rocket 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I know that feeling, it's exhausting when you can't express something that's bothering you without the other person making it about them.

Reactions: 6
EVERY celeb/person/luvvie on TV who bang on about Climate change, all pretending to be concerned, only to continue to fly around the world taking holidays many of which are #gifted 😡 😡 😡

Funny how Climate Change is only important when there's not a holiday booked.

Reactions: 16
EVERY celeb/person/luvvie on TV who bang on about Climate change, all pretending to be concerned, only to continue to fly around the world taking holidays many of which are #gifted 😡 😡 😡

Anyone with the money to pay or a high up job does not affect the climate.
It was the same with covid

Do as I say not as I do.
Sadly people do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry it’s now Monday but I’m just playing catch up and saw this post. I had exactly this, pain right side. Swelling. Gas. Left sided shoulder pain. Had an USS that showed nothing. Luckily the consultant I was seeing for the uss sent me for a HIDA scan. It’s like you’re in a sandwich toaster! That showed I had a tear in my gall bladder wall (very dangerous) and I was booked in for a weeks time. Out it came. The consultant said tears rarely show on a USS. So if you can go back and demand a HIDA x
Thank you so much. I have an appointment with my GP for two weeks time (earliest I could get). My pain hasn’t been as bad but I just don’t feel right at all. Not going to lie, reading this has made me a bit panicked because it could be something really bad but I suppose that is natural. I am definitely going to demand other methods, I was planning to after one of my friends said it could sludge in my gallbladder which also doesn’t show sometimes and sludge can turn into stones. My entire stomach area needs looking into again because the bloating is ridiculously bad sometimes. It’s getting to the point where I’m afraid to eat even things I’ve researched which shouldn’t flare me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

YES! and may I add my above rant, how it isn't at all eco friendly, a rocket tearing through the atmosphere and using more fuel than the average person could use in a lifetime! But....... Crickets and tumbleweed :unsure: :rolleyes:🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
YES! and may I add my above rant, how it isn't at all eco friendly, a rocket tearing through the atmosphere and using more fuel than the average person could use in a lifetime! But....... Crickets and tumbleweed :unsure: :rolleyes:🤷‍♀️
Exactly, CC is all forgotten today, it's back on the agenda tomorrow 😂

Just read Prince Harry is about to do a European tour 🙄 probably lecturing us plebs on the state of the world & we must all do our bit to save the planet & get on board with the green agenda which is a load of bollox.

Reactions: 8
I know that feeling, it's exhausting when you can't express something that's bothering you without the other person making it about them.
I think I do this sometimes. But it's not that I mean to make it about me, it's more that my mind sometimes thinks that empathy can help. So if someone is experiencing the same problem as me, I'll find myself saying "I have that too!" because I assume the person will think it's not as bad if they're not the only one in that situation.

That said, I wouldn't then end the discussion, I'd go on to talk about ways to improve it - which is probably better than the situation being described here. For instance, if my partner was worried about his weight and I was worried about mine, I'd suggest we both lost weight together - eg cooked healthy meals for each other, went to gym/exercise together and so on.

Oh and I really like space travel; I think it's fascinating! I sometimes feel sorry for straight people, as a lot of rants seem to come from the fact that men and women often see things very differently, yet when your partner is the same sex as you, you tend to see eye to eye on a lot more things (in general of course). I'm single now, but my last partner and I would have definitely watched the rocket launch together. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Quite a specific rant, but when people ask you to watch their video of them singing to their dog or something of that ilk which is 12 minutes long when you have a lot of other stuff going on and your attention span is limited.

Of course you want to do it but feel bad for not doing it.

And you will do it but just not right at this second.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My husband moved my memory bear (a bear that is made out of my dead dads clothes) and left it upside down with limbs all over the shop. Then had the gall to say he didn't.

I had placed it sitting nicely in my office yesterday and I haven't been in their since whereas he has been in 5 or 6 times, including the cupboard next to the bear.

When I said can you be a bit more careful please and have a bit of respect he went off on one about how it wasn't him (only us 2 in the house) and then bleeping said he can't see why I'm that upset about a bear anyway!!!

It's literally all I have left of my dad. Me, mum, my sister and my aunt all have one.

I bleeping hate him sometimes for how emotionally stunted he is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Whenever I get grocery shopping online I get 100 emails and texts about it but today my order was cancelled and not a peep from them, Oh and money taken right away but cant give it back for 3 to 5 days. So if that were my last bit of money- tough tit really.

• Sad
Quite a specific rant, but when people ask you to watch their video of them singing to their dog or something of that ilk which is 12 minutes long when you have a lot of other stuff going on and your attention span is limited.

Of course you want to do it but feel bad for not doing it.

And you will do it but just not right at this second.
I don’t even feel bad about it. I guarantee I am not going to find it anywhere near as funny/endearing as they do.
My friend used to send me videos of her kid singing in the school nativity concert and no offence but kids singing is like nails on a chalk board for me. It sounds horrendous. I’d always receive it and think “yeah im not watching that”

Reactions: 3
Am I missing something? I read that as a nice message with well meaning concerns.
yeah that’s why I took it down - without the larger context where they’ve essentially made me into their parent it doesn’t make sense.

Certain family completing ignoring my child’s birthday. Not even a like on a social media post but they had viewed it. I always make an effort for them but not anymore.

• Sad
My bank keep writing /texting /emailing me about paper free. I have been paper free since paper free came out.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.