What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping electricity. Gone from 150-450 now I am overdrawn. How can I earn some money?
Make scented candles or soaps or Seasonal wreaths or cakes (could even make them from a packet) and sell them at your local farmers market or events days or set up a social media page for it. These kind of things sell like hotcakes and you can charge premium for them.

Reactions: 1
I want to have a rant about GPs, and how I feel I am being failed time and time again. I’ve presented to my doctor with pain in my right side, mainly my upper right but sometimes left quadrants and sometimes in my lower right and lower left. Basically my entire abdomen is tender. I was sent for an USS and it’s come back clear for everything (no gallstones, liver fine - when actually it’s been flagged as failing by my bloods and kidneys fine) however I was quite gassy so I know that can sometimes hinder what the scan shows. Something I also think needs investigation as why am I gassy when I’ve only drank water and fasted prior to the scan?

Yet I’m currently laying with pain in my right side in the exact same place that I know means something is wrong. I’m sick of constantly being made to feel like I’m losing my mind. I’m hoping the paracetamol take the edge off so I can sleep some more and then most likely have to present at my local hospital again at some point over the weekend if it doesn’t get better.

It’s so concerning how people aren’t taken on face value based off what they are saying. I know I’m experiencing pain that isn’t right but because a scan says otherwise then I’m in the wrong. Why isn’t there further investigation? Why have I really got to fight for another course of action rather than someone in the medical profession not wanting to explore my concerns? Why is it that everyone has to almost be at deaths door before the NHS act? It’s so awful.
I know exactly how you feel ( not the pain the worrying )
Ever since lockdown the NHS seems to have ground to a halt and hospitals are miles behind with appointments. It's not good enough 😒

My elderly mother went through my bedroom drawers whilst I was out. I’m angry beyond words. I’m not a bleeping kid!
Next time leave a dick pic in full view and a massive vibrater in your knickers 🤣🤣🤣

I want to rant about people always assuming that I have been drinking because I have a throat problem which affects my speech badly. I had a massive operation and part of my tongue was affected many years ago. When I am on the phone to strangers for instance receptionists and such I have had the phone rudely cut off as they assume I'm drunk. It drives me mad that I don't get a chance to explain.

I feel a bit like I'm drowning at the moment. I'm normally really on top of things at home with washing, housework, cooking etc but this week I've just had no motivation at all and I have let things go a bit. I don't even know what's wrong with me, I just have no motivation to do anything. Now I've let things go it's all stacking up and I feel like I have so much to do I don't know where to start so instead of making a start I just get overwhelmed and bury my head in the sand. I feel like such a crappy person because my problems are minor compared to so many other peoples yet I'm letting it all get on top of me. I want to be able to do more for the people I care about but I am burnt out and overstretched. Idk what the point of this was really I just needed to vent.
Take it one day at a time. Your body is telling you to slow down so listen to it. Hopefully you are just run down and will get back up 😀

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Not me personally but, been speaking with a friend tonight who is completely harmless and such a genuinely lovely person. She told me her team at work are making sly comments about her and essentially bullying her. She’s their manager and doesn’t want to cause any friction so hasn’t reported any of them. It’s made me so sad that grown adults would act like that, especially in the workplace, to such a lovely person

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I always feel quite resentful of my car costing me money, my Ex used to say you should allocate £50-100 a month to a car maintenance budget, depending on the age and size of the car, and all the years it costs you less than £600 annually are a bonus. Which isn't a bad way to look at it (provided you've got £50 a month to spare) but I still resent my car not trying harder to pass it's MOT.

How much will the new clutch be? Is it worth repairing? (my car only cost £1500, but it's so reliable I just keep spending £600 a year on it because the fear of buying another car is greater than the bi annual repairs)
Clutch is £600 including labour. That's a good idea to put money aside each month for car emergencies as you can never predict these things! This fault has been on-going for months now and the garage are confident that a new clutch will solve the issue for good.

I hate being a female expat in Asia. All the foreign men have Asian fetishes. The foreign females act jealous af and creepy. Anytime I vent about things here people try to defend Asian "culture" aka racism. It's exhausting as hell and I just want to be around normal people lmao ugh.

I hate being a female expat in Asia. All the foreign men have Asian fetishes. The foreign females act jealous af and creepy. Anytime I vent about things here people try to defend Asian "culture" aka racism. It's exhausting as hell and I just want to be around normal people lmao ugh.
Asia is a big place, is there no way you could move to a part which is a bit more western? Or even just leave altogether?

Reactions: 2
Asia is a big place, is there no way you could move to a part which is a bit more western? Or even just leave altogether?
I'm in the most western part. Unfortunately the USA is a complete shitshow so definitely not going back.

• Sad
Sounds like a nightmare 🙄

Reactions: 3
I got flu jag and covid booster yesterday and obviously it's all for the greater good etc but I am struggling to stay awake today and the top of both of my arms are in agony and I'm struggling to move them 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I got flu jag and covid booster yesterday and obviously it's all for the greater good etc but I am struggling to stay awake today and the top of both of my arms are in agony and I'm struggling to move them 😭
Hope you feel better soon!

I've only ever had one at a time and they really hurt my arm for a day or two so you have my sympathies.

The fact that people need to announce that they aren’t a fan of the royals/a royalist/a republican before saying that they’re sad the queen died. You don’t need to be an anything to be sad about death. Death is generally sad

Reactions: 11
I overheard a pregnant woman today saying she wants a girl this time ‘so she has one of both’. This has always made me feel a bit weirded out.

Also saying things like, ‘my cravings are this so I think it’s a girl, but my bump looks like that so perhaps a boy. The Chinese calendar suggests it will be a girl blablabla’. I just don’t believe in anything like that and it’s so boring hearing mums so earnestly going on about ‘how to tell if it’s a boy or a girl’ like they’ve got a clue. Or ‘pregnancy is terrible 2nd time round because I’m having a girl, boy pregnancies are so much easier’. What complete and utter bollocks.

They always save the hateful things for girls. Girls are so hard to raise! They're always bratty. Then you have to protect them for boys! Vs my boy is going to be a ladies man! Boys are so easy to keep happy. Thank God I don't have to deal with periods!
Deep rooted misogyny.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They always save the hateful things for girls. Girls are so hard to raise! They're always bratty. Then you have to protect them for boys! Vs my boy is going to be a ladies man! Boys are so easy to keep happy. Thank God I don't have to deal with periods!
Deep rooted misogyny.
Yeah, my mother in law always went on about how much she wanted boys, the reasoning being that girls are more difficult and bitchy etc. It’s ridiculous! And of course as you said, the old classic, misogyny.

Deep rooted misogyny.
Eugh I dread to think how the sons of people who have mindsets like that turn out 😭

Reactions: 5
My partners mum told me today that I’m starting to look a little bit ‘chunky’ and weight gain doesn’t suit me, I normally just dismiss her when she is being rude but I burst into tears 😔 I don’t think I’m even ranting really but I just feel really sad ever since she said it

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Some minor rants

But why are so many tops cropped?! We're heading into winter, I want to cover my belly please (TBH I always want full length tops, hate a cold stomach!)

Went to a big waterstones today, saw lots of interesting books (sci-fi) but it was always book 2 or 3 of the series. They never had the 1st book. They should carry more of number 1 to get people hooked on the series! I'll stick to amazon from now on

Reactions: 13
Celebs that are making the queens death all about them. So self indulgent and unbearable. Just go away.

Reactions: 11
Not really a rant but am I the only person who doesn’t understand the link between Paddington and the queen? I know they did the jubilee skit but…. What gives?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.