What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bank keep writing /texting /emailing me about paper free. I have been paper free since paper free came out.
Is it Halifax because I KNOW HALIFAX.

They also send me so many letters about how to set up Apple Pay… babe I did that in 2015.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is it Halifax because I KNOW HALIFAX.

They also send me so many letters about how to set up Apple Pay… babe I did that in 2015.
Yes that's the one.

My most embarrassing encounter was when I was buying a car and they would not let me pay for it until I had proved I was actually buying a car and I was not being conned out of my money WTAF? I was 61 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Trying to book a hospital appointment. Got called yesterday and was then cut off because no one was there to take my call. I phoned up, no one to take my call so left a message. Got called back and was on hold for 20 minutes before someone took my call.

Would be so much easier if I could just make an appointment online.

Reactions: 8
I’m so pissed off with my brother n sister in laws friends who seem to think they are the parents! At the weekend we went to our nieces 1st birthday party, we went early as havnt seen her in a long time (live 3 hrs away) said friend turned up as I went to wake neice up, who I was taking to my husband who hasn’t seen her since April! (Hasn’t had food health either) but she wanted to cuddle her. They live 2 roads away! Anyway at the party this woman announced she was known as nanny auntie juju in front of everyone including my mum the real n only nanny and me her auntie! Could of punched her! Everytime I was holdin her. She would appear demanding she had her! To whxib I explained I’m her aunt n won’t be seein her till Xmas so bugger off!
She took over the blowin of the candles! I Wish I said more!
This woman was like this at their wedding 5 years ago! That’s when red flags appeared when she’s about!
my step dad even wanted to punch her cos she’s that loud!

Reactions: 3
My partners family are so horrible. I honestly dislike them to much, I won’t even go into it because it will take to long for anybody to read but they are weirdos, especially his sister she’s so bizarre, she is 33 years old and is upset if he doesn’t respond to her within 20 minutes, ugh she honestly creeps me out and acts like he is her boyfriend, We spend time with them this evening and it ended with me telling them they are all crazy and leaving, even his mum, she is obsessed with praying and it’s like okay you do you but go away, it’s so fake because she isn’t a nice person really. I would honestly be so happy if they moved to a different country and I didn’t have to see them ever again.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I might have ranted about this before, probably have. Can’t really remember as I don’t post a lot.

I am just so down and fed up. I broke my back in January, two vertebrae one in half. I have a 6 inch surgery scar and a back full of titanium.

The recovery is just so slow. I can’t walk for more than 10 minutes without pain. Standing still is impossible as that puts so much extra pressure on.

I have exhausted my sick leave so am having to go part time as I cannot cope with a full week, with all the cost of living it’s such bad timing.

All I want to do is sleep and wake up when things are better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Have been struggling with a panic attack for the last hour and it's not stopping. It's at that point where all your chest & stomach muscles are killing because they're so tensed. 🙄 My reaction to the latest wave of panic attacks has mainly been anger and frustration. I just want to get on with my life, but I keep getting these unbearable physical symptoms - breathlessness, tight chest, nausea, shaking, sweating. It's hard to describe how bad panic attacks are to someone who's never had them before, and it's even worse when you can't get it under control. NHS talking therapy hasn't helped much and I'm thinking about asking to go on medication again. I don't really want to, though.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have woken up with a stinking cold, luckily I am working from home today so I can make lots of tea but I feel crap and there’s a deadline at work. Why do I always get these colds on a Friday, likely I’ll feel shattered tomorrow and I’m already cross that my weekend will be ughhhhhhh.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My mother in law, she’s a twit. I’m going through some personal stuff and she won’t leave me alone. She’s constantly texting me, phoning me, trying to FaceTime me. I just ignore but sadly we live next door to her Mum who she visits everyday. So she’s taken upon herself to knock everyday! I’ve just went through two miscarriages back to back, I’m still suffering physically and very much emotionally, yesterday I gave my partner a hug cos he was going somewhere whilst she was there and she says ‘careful Mr Melon, she’ll be getting horny again now, make sure you wrap it up so you don’t end up with another one’ who says that to someone who is still going through a miscarriage????? Whenever she sees me, even though she knows what happened to me, what’s happened at hospital appointments, what’s happened during the aftermath, from my partner, she continues to ask me, even though she knows it all anyway cos her sons already told her, but she still does it, and makes stupid bleeping comments. Like ‘maybe you shouldn’t have tried again’ or the best one was, ‘I don’t think I’d have liked another grand child anyway, I’d favourite (my son I already have) anyway’ 😊 she’s a bleep. And if I say anything to my partner he says ‘she’s only trying to help’ or about her stupid comments ‘she’s just trying to be funny’ 🙃
That's so insensitive of her! How dare she! Cheeky cow! I can't people some people just have such little self awareness with the things they come out with! I'm so sorry she said those things to you :(

• Heart
My mother in law, she’s a twit. I’m going through some personal stuff and she won’t leave me alone. She’s constantly texting me, phoning me, trying to FaceTime me. I just ignore but sadly we live next door to her Mum who she visits everyday. So she’s taken upon herself to knock everyday! I’ve just went through two miscarriages back to back, I’m still suffering physically and very much emotionally, yesterday I gave my partner a hug cos he was going somewhere whilst she was there and she says ‘careful Mr Melon, she’ll be getting horny again now, make sure you wrap it up so you don’t end up with another one’ who says that to someone who is still going through a miscarriage????? Whenever she sees me, even though she knows what happened to me, what’s happened at hospital appointments, what’s happened during the aftermath, from my partner, she continues to ask me, even though she knows it all anyway cos her sons already told her, but she still does it, and makes stupid bleeping comments. Like ‘maybe you shouldn’t have tried again’ or the best one was, ‘I don’t think I’d have liked another grand child anyway, I’d favourite (my son I already have) anyway’ 😊 she’s a bleep. And if I say anything to my partner he says ‘she’s only trying to help’ or about her stupid comments ‘she’s just trying to be funny’ 🙃
That's shocking tbh. Massively, massively insensitive and not remotely helpful or funny. I'm sorry you have to cope with all of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What a massive cow. I'd be asking Mr Melon to step up more.

Reactions: 13
I just need to rant about seeing my friend today to get it off my chest. I haven’t seen her all summer holidays on purpose but I thought I’d make the effort today. We have kids the same age (6) and she has a baby about 8 months old.

She asks me to hold her baby any time I’m round and I don’t mind but she ALWAYS makes a comment to say how awkward I look holding a baby? Today she went on and said ‘you look so awkward holding a baby you’d never think you actually had your own’ idk what this even means but it really upsets me when she says this! I feel paranoid now that I look unnatural with babies or something!

We were chatting about life in general and she asks quite personal questions about my finances which I don’t tend to answer cos I think it’s rude but I did say like most people I’m concerned about the energy price rises and she proceeds to boast saying ‘ah well everybody else is stressed but we’re actually £500 in credit so we have nothing to be stressed about’ erm okay good for you maybe keep that to yourself.

Her husband asked me if I’m certain my partner, his dad, or my dad hasn’t fathered other children outside of their relationships because that’s what Jamaican men do apparently.

My partners mum passed away recently and she asked me who paid for the funeral and when i responded with ‘we did’ she was outraged that I had anything to do with it because we’re not married (even though we’ve been together 10 years)

And worst of all, she didn’t even make me a brew the whole time I was at her house!!

I can’t be doing with having friends you know I’m happier on my own 😂

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
When I was a kid our school football team made it to the final of a local competition.

I was a striker who was tied for the most goals in the tournament with another player on our team.

I also had some experience in net and had been keeper a few games the previous year.

Our starting keeper got hurt so the coach (PE teacher) said I had to go in net.

I told him I wanted to keep playing striker since this was the last game of the tournament and I could win the top scorer award.

He still said no and I ended up going in net.

We were up 2-0 when he put me in net.

Final score: 2-5

I pretended to dive to make saves if there was a shot on goal.

But what I was really doing was diving over the ball so it still looked like I was making a great effort even though they scored on 5 shots that I could have saved if I didn't purposely dive over the ball.

Parents were still congratulating me after the match about what a great game I played and how amazing my dives were.

Some of the other kids on the team knew what was going on, but I was well-known as the hardest kid in school so they just sulked about it.

Plus since the other guy I was tied with didn't score we both jointly got the top scorer award.

I would see that same PE teacher looking all dishevelled in a pub many years later, but that’s a story for another day.

When I was a kid our school football team made it to the final of a local competition.

I was a striker who was tied for the most goals in the tournament with another player on our team.

I also had some experience in net and had been keeper a few games the previous year.

I told him I wanted to keep playing striker since this was the last game of the tournament and I could win the top scorer award.

But what I was really doing was diving over the ball so it still looked like I was making a great effort even though they scored on 5 shots that I could have saved if I didn't purposely dive over the ball.

Parents were still congratulating me after the match about what a great game I played and how amazing my dives were.

Some of the other kids on the team knew what was going on, but I was well-known as the hardest kid in school so they just sulked about it.

Plus since the other guy I was tied with didn't score we both jointly got the top scorer award.

I would see that same PE teacher looking all dishevelled in a pub many years later, but that’s a story for another day.
You want to rant today about something that happened years ago??

I think you need to let it go

• Haha
Reactions: 12

This belongs on the ick thread tbh. I think you’ve missed the point of this thread

• Haha
Reactions: 7

i had to read this a few times but I’m still confused 😂

• Haha
Hormones. I am in a foul mood so I’m staying in for the safety of the local population

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have an inner ear infection and it really hurts, I feel rubbish all day. My brother text me earlier and asked would I watch my niece tonight overnight, I said no because I didn’t feel great and was having an early night, he replied with ‘bit selfish but alright no problem’ 😒 I do so much with my nieces and nephews, I am a very involved aunt and it’s so annoying that the one time I say no that is the response.
Totally empathise with you. 9 times out 10 I say yes and the one time you say no, they get the arse. I spent a bomb on my nieces when they were little. They’re grown up? My teenage son gets barely anything from them. I know it’s petty but it hurts.

Reactions: 2
Not really a rant but seeing those pictures of the guy from the hairy bikers has lost his beard to chemo ... aww just made me feel sad for him, he seems so lovely on the show.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.