What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an inner ear infection and it really hurts, I feel rubbish all day. My brother text me earlier and asked would I watch my niece tonight overnight, I said no because I didn’t feel great and was having an early night, he replied with ‘bit selfish but alright no problem’ 😒 I do so much with my nieces and nephews, I am a very involved aunt and it’s so annoying that the one time I say no that is the response.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Her stories are vile, the camels are buckling due to the weight of her and her equally overweight travel companion and they think it’s funny. Disgrace.
Just seen an upload of a girl I know on insta (not an influencer just a regular person) and she's had her picture taken on holiday with a little monkey thats got one of those chains around its neck 😔 so depressing thinking about that monkeys life.
Boils my blood seeing animals being exploited.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
why ? What on earth was she looking for ?

sorry edited to say if seen subsequent posts.
I am so angry. And she can’t see what she’s done wrong?! She turned it all around and started dragging up irrelevant things from the past 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have an inner ear infection and it really hurts, I feel rubbish all day. My brother text me earlier and asked would I watch my niece tonight overnight, I said no because I didn’t feel great and was having an early night, he replied with ‘bit selfish but alright no problem’ 😒 I do so much with my nieces and nephews, I am a very involved aunt and it’s so annoying that the one time I say no that is the response.
That's classic projection. Him getting annoyed at you rather than being concerned that you're ill shows he's the selfish one.

Reactions: 11
Sounds like he was trying to make you feel guilty. I’d also like to know what exactly you’ve done that’s selfish? Not watch HIS child? Family babysitting for free is a privilege not a right. Even if you weren’t ill you’d still have every right to say no.

Reactions: 13
bit last minute of him … you can’t expect people to jump to attention last minute. If he needs childcare organise it in advance- it’s not your responsibility xx
hope youre feeling better today x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She has accused me of hiding her mail?!
Is she okay - not suffering the early stages of dementia or something similar? I ask because that's how my friend's mother (who was diagnosed with rapid onset dementia) started behaving ... accusing everyone of doing strange things, being paranoid in general ... her personality completely changed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That residential disabled bays are not enforceable nor able to be for a designated person. A resident that needs the bay has to rely on others being courteous.
Residential disabled bays are enforceable if they are signposted with a legal plate with the standard wheelchair sign saying disabled badge holders only and a traffic order has to be in place. You should lobby your local authority to do this because they don’t want to do it as it’s expensive. Unfortunately it won’t stop other disabled badge holders using it.

Reactions: 2
Is she okay - not suffering the early stages of dementia or something similar? I ask because that's how my friend's mother (who was diagnosed with rapid onset dementia) started behaving ... accusing everyone of doing strange things, being paranoid in general ... her personality completely changed.
I am seriously wondering if this is the case. She’s also been hallucinating in the night. She blames her meds but this is a symptom of Lewy Body dementia. Also my aunt visited last week and she said when my mum answered the door she wasn’t making any sense. She’s had the bog standard test at the Drs and passed but I think I need to contact them again

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
People who complain about one thing and then will complain about the opposite when it happens. I’m not talking about special circumstances like the heatwave but it’s when people moan about 20 degrees (which is perfectly bearable for your average person and a normal temperature for august) and those same people will complain about the cold in winter. Does my head in.

It happens with Christmas a lot. People will whinge in October about being sick of Christmas which is fine but then in January will turn around and say it went by too quickly. I feel like screaming “what exactly do you want?!”

I am fine with people complaining but it’s exhausting to be around those who are just never happy

Reactions: 9
People who complain about one thing and then will complain about the opposite when it happens. I’m not talking about special circumstances like the heatwave but it’s when people moan about 20 degrees (which is perfectly bearable for your average person and a normal temperature for august) and those same people will complain about the cold in winter. Does my head in.
That would be me! I have Raynaurds so can't have it too cold. But I'm also severely photophobic (light sensitive) and can't have it too hot either.

Reactions: 3
That would be me! I have Raynaurds so can't have it too cold. But I'm also severely photophobic (light sensitive) and can't have it too hot either.
2 things:

1. that’s slightly different tbf which is why I included “your average person”. forgive me if I offend you but I would argue your circumstance isn’t one of the average person. You are complaining cause of an actual health issue and I’d be hesitant to even call that “complaining”. I am autistic so I struggle with sensory overload. It’s a complaint but it’s not cause I will get genuinely ill from it.

2: I’m not actually referring to people complaining explicitly about the weather, that was just an example. I complain about the weather too. The people I’m on about are complaining for the sake of it cause they just love a whinge about everything which is why I included the Christmas example. Some people will literally complain for the sake of complaining and it’s draining

Reactions: 3
Many people are on a NHS dentist waiting list for a few years .. Yet many dentist now are trialling diabetes testing. what is going on??

If I had my life again , no way would I ever live with anyone other than my children .. Life is so lovely on my own
This thread caught my eye and actually the first post is one for me! Moved a year ago, haven’t got round to registering at a dentist (OK that’s entirely on me, I’m scared of the dentist, fine) but I called up and I either can’t get put on a waiting list, or one actually quoted 3 years!!!
Oh but if I want to pay £16/month, I could have an appointment next week.
Now I don’t expect a dentist to be a charity, but are you joking? £16/month isn’t too bad, but at this point it’s an absolute scam.

Reactions: 8
Vinted buying. I thought the other thing and it’s been great I bought a dress supposedly brand-new and it turned up with holes everywhere raised it with the seller and they said I could return the item at my cost. Totally appreciate that it’s within the vintage terms and conditions yet it is technically against a UK consumer law when I raise it with Vinted they just keep spouting it’s a policy it’s a policy. It’s been nine days since I raise this with the seller I’ve been waiting for a Vinted and the seller to get back to me and yesterday I was told that if the seller did not provide their return address by 5 pm the transaction will be cancelled. The seller provided their return address at 7pm and now Vinted are saying that they’re not going to cancel it and I have one day to return the item when I raise the fact that I had only received the return address at 7 pm on a Saturday of a bank holiday and that technically I always had 72 hours from the return address been provided I did not have one day each person of into that you speak to gives a completely different response all I keep saying is they appreciate my frustration and then say something completely different I’m really cross I’m going to be out of pocket for this transaction because I have to pay to send it back to the seller I have reported them to trading standards under breach of UK consumer law and it seems that there are so many other people that have this issue I sell on vinted and it’s been really good but I am done being a buyer.

I want to have a rant about GPs, and how I feel I am being failed time and time again. I’ve presented to my doctor with pain in my right side, mainly my upper right but sometimes left quadrants and sometimes in my lower right and lower left. Basically my entire abdomen is tender. I was sent for an USS and it’s come back clear for everything (no gallstones, liver fine - when actually it’s been flagged as failing by my bloods and kidneys fine) however I was quite gassy so I know that can sometimes hinder what the scan shows. Something I also think needs investigation as why am I gassy when I’ve only drank water and fasted prior to the scan?

Yet I’m currently laying with pain in my right side in the exact same place that I know means something is wrong. I’m sick of constantly being made to feel like I’m losing my mind. I’m hoping the paracetamol take the edge off so I can sleep some more and then most likely have to present at my local hospital again at some point over the weekend if it doesn’t get better.

It’s so concerning how people aren’t taken on face value based off what they are saying. I know I’m experiencing pain that isn’t right but because a scan says otherwise then I’m in the wrong. Why isn’t there further investigation? Why have I really got to fight for another course of action rather than someone in the medical profession not wanting to explore my concerns? Why is it that everyone has to almost be at deaths door before the NHS act? It’s so awful.
Sorry it’s now Monday but I’m just playing catch up and saw this post. I had exactly this, pain right side. Swelling. Gas. Left sided shoulder pain. Had an USS that showed nothing. Luckily the consultant I was seeing for the uss sent me for a HIDA scan. It’s like you’re in a sandwich toaster! That showed I had a tear in my gall bladder wall (very dangerous) and I was booked in for a weeks time. Out it came. The consultant said tears rarely show on a USS. So if you can go back and demand a HIDA x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.