What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boyfriends 30th birthday is this weekend. Ordered his cake for it months ago, it’s paid for and all arranged.

My MIL has just text to say she’s now ordered him one. Didn’t ask me if I had one sorted, just assumed I hadn’t.

Now I feel like tit because she constantly slags off my SIL’s husband for being useless. He’s not planned anything for her 40th, so now I’m worried my MIL sees me in the same light, despite me putting loads of effort in for him 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My boyfriends 30th birthday is this weekend. Ordered his cake for it months ago, it’s paid for and all arranged.

My MIL has just text to say she’s now ordered him one. Didn’t ask me if I had one sorted, just assumed I hadn’t.

Now I feel like tit because she constantly slags off my SIL’s husband for being useless. He’s not planned anything for her 40th, so now I’m worried my MIL sees me in the same light, despite me putting loads of effort in for him 😢
Just tell her you’ve already got one ordered weeks ago and ask her to see if she can cancels hers and get a refund?

Reactions: 5
Bloody activists bringing London and the surrounding areas to a standstill.

Well, not the activists. They're doing what activists do but why are the police doing sweet FA about it? Enough now.

Reactions: 12
My 13 year old is constantly using my stuff 😤. My skincare and make up is always being used by her and it’s driving me insane and leaving me without. I went to do my make up last week and it was all used up, I don’t hoard loads and just have the basics to do everyday make up. I ordered new stuff that came yesterday and when I went into her room this morning I caught her trying to sneak my new make up back because she had opened it and used it.

I’ll go into the bathroom and the shampoo or body wash bottles will be completely empty after 2/3 days. Wtf is she doing with it all!?

She has her own but still steals mine. It’s actually really dragging me down because I feel like nothing is mine and I’ve been run down with one thing after another plus covid so I don’t feel my best to start with. I just want to do my make up without someone else touching it all.
It sounds like she likes yours better. Perhaps what she has doesn’t work properly. Maybe ask her why she prefers yours vs her own. Also she might think she needs to use a lot of shampoo / body wash because commercials always show people pouring out way too much. Even if she has read the instructions on how much to use the mixed messages will be confusing.

Reactions: 3
I have a gynecologist visit scheduled today for check-up. I haven't been in an obgyn office in years (I know, irresponsible) and I feel self conscious. I also have a few complaints that worry me and trying not to think about worst case scenarios is taking up my mental space. I just want it to be done so I can get home early today and treat myself to some crisps. I wonder if this was a terrible time to visit the doctor, right before my period when I am even more anxious tha usual but I didn't want to postpone in case the pain actually meant something. Not feeling great.
Is the appointment with a female practitioner? Its not nice but I would 100% only have a smear done by a female nurse and that makes me feel much more comfortable. I'm sorry i'm sure there are some very good male nurses but it really gives me the ich - I know how gross *some* men are, doctors or not.

Reactions: 2
Trying to sort out dates with people 😱 Like seriously, am I just super sad if I have no plans? What the heck are people doing?? How can you be booked up every weekend between now and Christmas?!? Where am I going wrong that I only have a haircut and one Christmas fair that I’m watching my kids dance at in my diary??
It gets to the point where I can’t be bothered to try and get time with them.

My best weekends and evenings are spent in my pyjamas eating biscuits and I wouldn’t have it any other way. People need to chill out with dashing here there and everywhere.

Reactions: 8
Is the appointment with a female practitioner? Its not nice but I would 100% only have a smear done by a female nurse and that makes me feel much more comfortable. I'm sorry i'm sure there are some very good male nurses but it really gives me the ich - I know how gross *some* men are, doctors or not.
Best gynaecologist I’ve ever had were male.

Reactions: 6
My rant for the day - Chasing GP’s, nursing team etc for diabetic equipment when it should have been prescribed properly in first place so daughter can return to school. Four times i told gp what insulin pen she needs. Why do i have to do their job for them i have enough to do. It’s stressful enough trying to inject a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just tell her you’ve already got one ordered weeks ago and ask her to see if she can cancels hers and get a refund?
I have. No answer yet.

It’s more the principle of it, really. I told her I was sorting everything out months ago when she asked, just leave it to me to sort everything because that’s what my partner wanted. He himself told her that I’m sorting everything, so why she felt the need to go sort a cake out without consulting me is beyond me.

• Heart
It is! My previous doctor was male, credit where it's due he was lovely and took his job very seriously but he has a (very expensive) private practice now and is mostly focused on maternity. I've an appointment with a woman this time at the hospital, it's a bog standard procedure so I shouldn't worry but I can't help it. It's just the nerves 😬

Thank you all for being sweet ❤

I often wonder how many people I would have shoulder barged if I wasn't the one who made room. May I add one to your list please?

Mobility scooters. When did they stop being a life saver for disabled people and become a moped-sized pavement plough which you had better avoid or face a litany of abuse. (Also, as a small prejudice of mine, when did they become the vehicle of choice for dreadful. rough as duck people?)
I've started walking into people, if I have to. I'm no longer willing to step off the pavement and onto a busy road because they won't make room.

Definitely agree on mobility scooters and also e-scooters. Even some kids on normal scooters are dangerous enough!

Reactions: 5
It gets to the point where I can’t be bothered to try and get time with them.

My best weekends and evenings are spent in my pyjamas eating biscuits and I wouldn’t have it any other way. People need to chill out with dashing here there and everywhere.
During lockdown one of my closest friends declared how amazing it was to slow down, take the pressure off, not rush everywhere, not cram in seeing so many people, how lovely quality time with her family was. She promised she’d carry that on after it ended. Now, I haven’t seen her since July, couldn’t get one date in over the summer hols (we’re both teachers so had a lot of time off!) and am struggling to get an evening with her for an annual Christmas meal with some other friends 🤦🏼‍♀️ I literally don’t understand what she does every weekend. How many social events can one person/family have?!?

• Heart
My bloody MIL just strolling through the front door willy nilly without knocking!! The one time I don’t lock the bastard door! good job I weren’t starkers or shagging her son on the sofa isn’t it the cheeky cow 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Had to give up morning running now it’s dark and not safe as a woman but oh my god it’s still too hot to run at lunchtime 🥵 need some actual autumn weather!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I have a gynecologist visit scheduled today for check-up. I haven't been in an obgyn office in years (I know, irresponsible) and I feel self conscious. I also have a few complaints that worry me and trying not to think about worst case scenarios is taking up my mental space. I just want it to be done so I can get home early today and treat myself to some crisps. I wonder if this was a terrible time to visit the doctor, right before my period when I am even more anxious tha usual but I didn't want to postpone in case the pain actually meant something. Not feeling great.
I feel exactly the same about going for a mammogram on Friday. I’ve had cancer over the last two years and have recovered but I was hoping for a long break from hospitals. I am grateful to be here but I hate the niggling worry waiting for results. I just want it to be over!! This is all on top of having my ample old boobies squashed in a vice.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
My bloody MIL just strolling through the front door willy nilly without knocking!! The one time I don’t lock the bastard door! good job I weren’t starkers or shagging her son on the sofa isn’t it the cheeky cow 😂
If you were shagging maybe she would think twice before letting herself in 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What is it with all these in laws who are entitled and totally disrespectful of their children and their partners privacy?

This is a bit of eye opener for me.

Take the cake for example. When it was my 50th my mum asked me and hubby if she could buy the cake as she would like to do it. It's really not that hard to be respectful to one another.

Reactions: 18
What is it with all these in laws who are entitled and totally disrespectful of their children and their partners privacy?

This is a bit of eye opener for me.

Take the cake for example. When it was my 50th my mum asked me and hubby if she could buy the cake as she would like to do it. It's really not that hard to be respectful to one another.
I have a key to my daughter's but would never use it unless it's an emergency or if I have the children.

Sometimes she is late getting home and I'm meeting her there and I just sit in my car and listen to the radio. She used to laugh but understands more now why I would never just go into her home... If I were walking and it was freezing or raining that's different but then I would make myself useful and light the fire etc 😂

• Heart
I have a key to my daughter's but would never use it unless it's an emergency or if I have the children.

Sometimes she is late getting home and I'm meeting her there and I just sit in my car and listen to the radio. She used to laugh but understands more now why I would never just go into her home... If I were walking and it was freezing or raining that's different but then I would make myself useful and light the fire etc 😂
I went round to my mums when my uncle was there and I knocked. He couldn’t understand why I didn’t let myself in and I said I wouldn’t want the same done to me! If im not there it’s fine but if im home no.

Reactions: 4
My dad lets himself in my house… he’ll turn up while I’m at work to sort xyz, so I don’t know he’s there and then will text me when he’s leaving which winds me up. Obviously I am really grateful he’s coming over to help with something, but at least ask or let me know beforehand.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.