What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have two ft jobs in tech and had over 6 meetings today between both jobs + my regular work tasks done . My SIL who have been unemployed for the past 2-3 years, living off unemployment and other gov bs she could find HAD an audacity to go on a rant today about how tech companies are “ destroying working class” on her facebook. Im so tired of people like her bashing the industry that keeps me employed. She is a bitter loser who is not making anything out of herself but sits and rants about things she doesn’t know about and preaches on who to vote for so that republicans can “kill the tech” companies that are “destroying America”
I muted her but at this point im just done with her bullshit! How can people be this stupid or pretty to their own siblings and their families? I could never

My nextdoor neighbour is like this.

While he used to have his own company before Covid finished it, he's decided to "Take early retirement" in his mid fifties and regales the rest of us working stiffs about how foolish we are and how we should be more like him. Like I want to be an aging hipster twit who fills their empty hours with superficial hobbies that they don't devote enough time or effort into but do them purely for show.

At present he is doing up an old car, an old boat, is going to open a business repairing old bicycles, is campaigning to the council about everything and anything that takes his fancy while also marching about the neighbourhood like the local squire. He does the same on the local Facebook page - some topics are pretty much him and nobody else.

He told me the other week, when I mentioned I'd be doing overtime at the weekend to "Take life easy and ask yourself if you really want to be like this, working for The Man?"

duck off.

Reactions: 8
Ordered a zinger rice box (elite 👌🏻) to quickly scoff while out and about. Drove off, pulled up somewhere to eat and no fork 😑

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Why do tit things all come among together. We are having a boiler fitted. As with these things the house is in disarray. The salesman told us half a day. He was overly optimistic/lied. It’s wasn’t finished last night he’s come back today. Anyway my son comes home from work last night saying he feels terrible. Guess what. He has Covid. I’m vulnerable. There are half finished gas things everywhere in this house. We don’t have hot water or heating!! My son is at deaths door!! Should I tell the engineer not to come? Well I didn’t he is here. I feel awful for him. I’ve shielded for over 2 years. No Covid. And it lands now?? I hate it all

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
My nextdoor neighbour is like this.

While he used to have his own company before Covid finished it, he's decided to "Take early retirement" in his mid fifties and regales the rest of us working stiffs about how foolish we are and how we should be more like him. Like I want to be an aging hipster twit who fills their empty hours with superficial hobbies that they don't devote enough time or effort into but do them purely for show.

At present he is doing up an old car, an old boat, is going to open a business repairing old bicycles, is campaigning to the council about everything and anything that takes his fancy while also marching about the neighbourhood like the local squire. He does the same on the local Facebook page - some topics are pretty much him and nobody else.

He told me the other week, when I mentioned I'd be doing overtime at the weekend to "Take life easy and ask yourself if you really want to be like this, working for The Man?"

duck off.
If he’s such a head why do you even talk to him? Just ignore him, don’t engage in any kind of conversation with him.

Reactions: 2
ive never stayed in an air b n b but £1,150 for 5 days seems ridiculously expensive. was it the equivalent of the ritz or savoy? ..id tell her to book a premier inn next time !😉
and ultra religious people are often the worst examples of their faiths teachings !
Who would stay somewhere cheap when they plan to ask somebody else to pay for it 😏 It’s funny because when my partner went to visit her a few months ago for a day or two I didn’t go, but he said she took all the toilet roll out of the house and put it in the boot of her car so he couldn’t use it, he told me this yesterday and said it was mental and he was so baffled by it he didnt even tell me. honestly you couldn’t make it up.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
People who park inconsiderately. In a car park taking up two spaces, or on a road where more cars could fit but they leave a half car gap 🙄

Reactions: 9
Who would stay somewhere cheap when they plan to ask somebody else to pay for it 😏 It’s funny because when my partner went to visit her a few months ago for a day or two I didn’t go, but he said she took all the toilet roll out of the house and put it in the boot of her car so he couldn’t use it, he told me this yesterday and said it was mental and he was so baffled by it he didnt even tell me. honestly you couldn’t make it up.
I'm never going to complain about my family again 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
i don’t want to be rude but I don’t think your MIL actually likes your partner. Who does that to anyone let alone their own son?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
People who park inconsiderately. In a car park taking up two spaces, or on a road where more cars could fit but they leave a half car gap 🙄
I’m one of the people who leave some gap when parked on a road between my car and the next but that’s because I’m not that confident driving and want to make sure I have room to get back out safely

Reactions: 6
We rent our house. Because it’s in bad condition it was very cheap and our landlord left us alone (yes it’s wrong but suited us). Anyway he’s sold it and now the new landlord has put the rent up double. Even though it’s in the same tit condition. He’s said he’s going to completely redo it, which is nice, but life is going to be awful for months. All while he charges us double. Then when it’s done he thinks he’ll have to put it up again. I met him and don’t like him. I wanna move but I like our little crappy house
*just an add. I’m disabled and it’s all too much hassle. Being visually impaired with all this work going on 😡😬

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
He should have done a huge poo and used her towels to wipe his arse.

She sounds mentally unstable.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m one of the people who leave some gap when parked on a road between my car and the next but that’s because I’m not that confident driving and want to make sure I have room to get back out safely
I mean some gap yes, but you don’t need so much that you take up two spaces! Plus the cars around you could change and you could end up with someone close to you so it’s no guarantee anyway!

Reactions: 1
I mean some gap yes, but you don’t need so much that you take up two spaces! Plus the cars around you could change and you could end up with someone close to you so it’s no guarantee anyway!
I wouldn’t do the two car parking spaces thing, I’d only do it on a road. Always the chance they’ll change around me but I like to leave a gap in front of me because then at least if someone parks behind I have room in front. And the car in front could change also but still I do it to help myself if that doesn’t haopen

im actually speechless for you ! What a weirdo 🤣

Reactions: 3
He should have done a huge poo and used her towels to wipe his arse.

She sounds mentally unstable.
No she’s not mentally unstable, my mum is convinced his mum is mentally unstable for years but shes not, she knows exactly what she’s doing, she’s just a toxic head.

Reactions: 4
No she’s not mentally unstable, my mum is convinced his mum is mentally unstable for years but shes not, she knows exactly what she’s doing, she’s just a toxic head.
Sane people don't do things like that though, you have to be a little unstable to even think things like that.

. Your husband needs to distance himself from her.

I am so glad I walked away from my toxic family. They are all dead now but even when they died I never regretted leaving them behind. just pissed off I didn't do it sooner

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My MIL and FIL had keys to our house but kept letting themselves in when we weren’t there. We asked for warning but they’d text thirty minutes before they’d arrive - not the night before at least (which we thought was pretty reasonable!). My husband ended up changing the locks. They never ever mentioned it to us. I really wish a)my husband had talked to them about it and b) I could have been a fly on our front door watching them trying to get in on the first day they showed up with the old key.
I’m glad my parents or in laws don’t have keys. It’s bad enough when friends family arrive with no permission/warning let alone the possibility of them snooping through the house in your absence! I’m quite a private person though and I don’t have that close a relationship with them.

Reactions: 5
Stomach upset earlier. I had to make a frantic dash for the bathroom and let's just say wash a bit of the bathmat afterwards.

So feeling a bit sore and drained now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.