What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to sort out dates with people 😱 Like seriously, am I just super sad if I have no plans? What the heck are people doing?? How can you be booked up every weekend between now and Christmas?!? Where am I going wrong that I only have a haircut and one Christmas fair that I’m watching my kids dance at in my diary??

Reactions: 10
Sorry in advance for the long post.
I’ve probably ranted about my in-laws on here about 100 times now but they just never stop with their nonsense, I’ve never disliked a bunch of people so much. We live about 6 hours away from my partners mum, but she decided to come visit and stay in an Air b n b near us a few weeks ago when she could have stayed with us but decided not to.

She stayed in the air b n b for 5 days and it cost £1,150, a day or so after she went home she text my partner and said ‘when are you sending the money’ he was so confused and asked her Money for what? She said she wanted the money for the air b n b because she shouldn’t have to pay for it because she was coming to see us! He was fuming but guess what, he still gave her the money, he sent her the exact amount. When she received it she said ‘what about the petrol money’ and asked for £100 so he sent it!!!! So you come to visit us, refuse to stay in our house because you ‘like your own space’ and ask your son to pay for your air b n b and petrol???

We kind of had an argument about it and he said oh you know maybe she’s going through a hard time financially and isn’t telling anybody so I said to myself yeah perhaps that is the case but who would do that?

So today, there was a knock at the front door, it was his mum, she drove down to see us 🙄 So I look outside and noticed she had a new car, I said oh you got a new car and she said yeah I bought it last week. It’s a Range Rover and I looked it up and it’s worth about 60k. I said oh the monthly repayments must be so expensive and she said ‘oh I didn’t do finance’. I said to her if she wanted to bring her things up to the spare room and she said oh no I’m staying at that Air b n b again. So I did say okay cool but are you going to pay for it this time or going to ask him to pay for it again? I said because that surely can’t be okay to do when you can clearly afford it yourself. She was furious!!! And said she was going to go home so I just said okay bye.

Ive had a huge argument with my partner and he isn’t speaking to me and said I shouldn’t have said anything.
His mum is total head and when we got engaged her and her daughters response was ‘oh are you pregnant’. They are such a horrible family. She also commented on the halloween decorations I had up and always says I don’t know the true meaning of Christmas and it’s about about ‘greed’ for me and most people. She’s a very over the top religious person and I can’t handle her. She’s so toxic. And comments on everything. Did I do the wrong thing by bringing it up about who is paying for the air bnb?
Wtf. I’d be pissed if my partner paid up. The car was a smack in the face as well. She shouldn’t have even asked for a bean knowing you have a baby on the way! Oh god I’m furious for you. Your partner shouldn’t be annoyed at you he should be annoyed his mum wants paying to visit her own son!

Reactions: 8
I’ve probably ranted about my in-laws on here about 100 times now but they just never stop with their nonsense, I’ve never disliked a bunch of people so much. We live about 6 hours away from my partners mum, but she decided to come visit and stay in an Air b n b near us a few weeks ago when she could have stayed with us but decided not to.

She stayed in the air b n b for 5 days and it cost £1,150, a day or so after she went home she text my partner and said ‘when are you sending the money’ he was so confused and asked her Money for what? She said she wanted the money for the air b n b because she shouldn’t have to pay for it because she was coming to see us! He was fuming but guess what, he still gave her the money, he sent her the exact amount. When she received it she said ‘what about the petrol money’ and asked for £100 so he sent it!!!! So you come to visit us, refuse to stay in our house because you ‘like your own space’ and ask your son to pay for your air b n b and petrol???

We kind of had an argument about it and he said oh you know maybe she’s going through a hard time financially and isn’t telling anybody so I said to myself yeah perhaps that is the case but who would do that?

So today, there was a knock at the front door, it was his mum, she drove down to see us 🙄 So I look outside and noticed she had a new car, I said oh you got a new car and she said yeah I bought it last week. It’s a Range Rover and I looked it up and it’s worth about 60k. I said oh the monthly repayments must be so expensive and she said ‘oh I didn’t do finance’. I said to her if she wanted to bring her things up to the spare room and she said oh no I’m staying at that Air b n b again. So I did say okay cool but are you going to pay for it this time or going to ask him to pay for it again? I said because that surely can’t be okay to do when you can clearly afford it yourself. She was furious!!! And said she was going to go home so I just said okay bye.

Ive had a huge argument with my partner and he isn’t speaking to me and said I shouldn’t have said anything.
His mum is total head and when we got engaged her and her daughters response was ‘oh are you pregnant’. They are such a horrible family. She also commented on the halloween decorations I had up and always says I don’t know the true meaning of Christmas and it’s about about ‘greed’ for me and most people. She’s a very over the top religious person and I can’t handle her. She’s so toxic. And comments on everything. Did I do the wrong thing by bringing it up about who is paying for the air bnb?
Well done for saying something especially as she turns up on the new car. Lots of people would’ve kept it to themselves. Can’t believe she asked and even more shocked he paid 😳😳😳

Reactions: 6
Pavement etiquette and people who have no consideration for others. Specifically:
  • People who walk straight at you 3 across when there's no room for you to go anywhere else. The ones who try to force you onto the road are rude but are the ones who act as if you can disappear into a wall just stupid?
  • People staring at their phone, not walking in a straight line and then glaring at you when they almost walk straight into you
  • When there's a stream of people walking in the opposite direction to you and nobody has the common sense to walk on the same side of the pavement as those in front of them, so you're basically playing dodgems
  • People with massive umbrellas who have no issue whacking them straight into your head
  • People with small kids who give you the most horrible looks if you dare to disrespect them by asking if you can get past when they're taking up the entire pavement
  • Cyclists on pavements
  • And of course, people who randomly stop dead in busy areas when other people are walking right behind them
I often wonder how many people I would have shoulder barged if I wasn't the one who made room. May I add one to your list please?

Mobility scooters. When did they stop being a life saver for disabled people and become a moped-sized pavement plough which you had better avoid or face a litany of abuse. (Also, as a small prejudice of mine, when did they become the vehicle of choice for dreadful. rough as duck people?)

Reactions: 7
I often wonder how many people I would have shoulder barged if I wasn't the one who made room. May I add one to your list please?

Mobility scooters. When did they stop being a life saver for disabled people and become a moped-sized pavement plough which you had better avoid or face a litany of abuse. (Also, as a small prejudice of mine, when did they become the vehicle of choice for dreadful. rough as duck people?)
They're meant to go at walking speed but they rarely do. And e scooters. They go too fast, no indication of them being there speeding past and they're almost always black which makes them so hard to see.

Celebrity offspring pretending they are influencers/models. I’ve just flicked on Gordon Ramsays daughter’s Tik Tok (not the one who was in strictly, the other one) trying to be a fashion influencer and it was the most painful two mins of my life. Basically consisted of her pouting into a camera and trying multiple outfits on like it was life or death.

Same goes for Lisa Rinnas daughters of RHOBH, those girls are not models!

Reactions: 2
Didnt know where else to post this as she doesnt have a thread of her own but shellandthelittles using black history month to advertise Alexa! This has made me so bleeping angry!

why would the brand not give this opportunity to a black person!? Who the duck is on their PR team? And what kind of low life influencer would even accept this!

Attachments

• Wow
Didnt know where else to post this as she doesnt have a thread of her own but shellandthelittles using black history month to advertise Alexa! This has made me so bleeping angry!

why would the brand not give this opportunity to a black person!? Who the duck is on their PR team? And what kind of low life influencer would even accept this!
Lol, classic large corporation pretending to be woke in order to get people to buy their products

My 13 year old is constantly using my stuff 😤. My skincare and make up is always being used by her and it’s driving me insane and leaving me without. I went to do my make up last week and it was all used up, I don’t hoard loads and just have the basics to do everyday make up. I ordered new stuff that came yesterday and when I went into her room this morning I caught her trying to sneak my new make up back because she had opened it and used it.

I’ll go into the bathroom and the shampoo or body wash bottles will be completely empty after 2/3 days. Wtf is she doing with it all!?

She has her own but still steals mine. It’s actually really dragging me down because I feel like nothing is mine and I’ve been run down with one thing after another plus covid so I don’t feel my best to start with. I just want to do my make up without someone else touching it all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My 13 year old is constantly using my stuff 😤. My skincare and make up is always being used by her and it’s driving me insane and leaving me without. I went to do my make up last week and it was all used up, I don’t hoard loads and just have the basics to do everyday make up. I ordered new stuff that came yesterday and when I went into her room this morning I caught her trying to sneak my new make up back because she had opened it and used it.

I’ll go into the bathroom and the shampoo or body wash bottles will be completely empty after 2/3 days. Wtf is she doing with it all!?

She has her own but still steals mine. It’s actually really dragging me down because I feel like nothing is mine and I’ve been run down with one thing after another plus covid so I don’t feel my best to start with. I just want to do my make up without someone else touching it all.

Have you sat her down and explained this to her?
If you have and she isn't listening Im inclined to treat fire with fire. Take something important of hers and do with it what you will.

Reactions: 9
Groups of cyclists who push past to get on the pavement. Don't worry I'll just stand in the road until you've all bogged off. And none of them used a bell or asked. They just tried to push past.

Take all of your make up and toiletries out of the bathroom. Keep everything in your own room. Get a lockable box or cabinet with a lock. Leave her with basic shampoos etc and tell her until she can be respectful of your things she’s not having access to them. Cheeky cow.

Reactions: 12
Trying to sort out dates with people 😱 Like seriously, am I just super sad if I have no plans? What the heck are people doing?? How can you be booked up every weekend between now and Christmas?!? Where am I going wrong that I only have a haircut and one Christmas fair that I’m watching my kids dance at in my diary??
100% yes to this!!
i have a friend who couldn’t find a single time in 5 weeks to see me before I moved away and she went on holiday. It absolutely baffled me. What are you doing?? 5 weeks!!! You don’t even have 1 spare evening for a coffee?? Am I boring?

• Heart
I have a gynecologist visit scheduled today for check-up. I haven't been in an obgyn office in years (I know, irresponsible) and I feel self conscious. I also have a few complaints that worry me and trying not to think about worst case scenarios is taking up my mental space. I just want it to be done so I can get home early today and treat myself to some crisps. I wonder if this was a terrible time to visit the doctor, right before my period when I am even more anxious tha usual but I didn't want to postpone in case the pain actually meant something. Not feeling great.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a gynecologist visit scheduled today for check-up. I haven't been in an obgyn office in years (I know, irresponsible) and I feel self conscious. I also have a few complaints that worry me and trying not to think about worst case scenarios is taking up my mental space. I just want it to be done so I can get home early today and treat myself to some crisps. I wonder if this was a terrible time to visit the doctor, right before my period when I am even more anxious tha usual but I didn't want to postpone in case the pain actually meant something. Not feelings.
bless you, I had a smear test not long ago and it’s just horrible. I generally just tell myself that they’ve seen loads and the discomfort is over very quickly. You will be okay and once it’s over, it’s over.

i would recommend writing down your worries and asking them to either read it or you read it to them. That way you won’t forget anything and it might help get the worries out

• Heart

I would give her some stern words about taking things that are not hers, give her a cooling off period and then I would suggest buying her some make up of her own. Just some cheap tit from
Primark will do, that way she can experiment with her appearance without blowing through all of your nice (and probably a lot more expensive) products!

Reactions: 5

I think you need to tell her straight that she is not to touch your stuff. Buy her her own set and tell her that's hers, she is not to use yours. Set the boundary now.

Must be really frustrating ☹

Reactions: 5
There is no need to feel in any way self conscious when attending a smear or any other gyne appointment. I cannot stress enough that doctors/nurses DO NOT CARE about it being your private parts they are looking at. It is no different to them seeing that than them looking at a toe or eye or anything else. They see it all day every day and it’s just completely routine. Yours will not be the first or last vagina they see today!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a gynecologist visit scheduled today for check-up. I haven't been in an obgyn office in years (I know, irresponsible) and I feel self conscious. I also have a few complaints that worry me and trying not to think about worst case scenarios is taking up my mental space. I just want it to be done so I can get home early today and treat myself to some crisps. I wonder if this was a terrible time to visit the doctor, right before my period when I am even more anxious tha usual but I didn't want to postpone in case the pain actually meant something. Not feelings.
Well done for making the appointment. I can totally relate to that feeling of anxious dread and just wanting it to be over. Hope it goes OK!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

If my husband paid that much money for his mum's b&b and then more for petrol, he would be out on his arse. I am gobsmacked 😱

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.