What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a key to my daughter's but would never use it unless it's an emergency or if I have the children.

Sometimes she is late getting home and I'm meeting her there and I just sit in my car and listen to the radio. She used to laugh but understands more now why I would never just go into her home... If I were walking and it was freezing or raining that's different but then I would make myself useful and light the fire etc 😂
My family have keys to each others homes but they are only for emergencies. No one would ever use them.

Reactions: 3
There is no need to feel in any way self conscious when attending a smear or any other gyne appointment. I cannot stress enough that doctors/nurses DO NOT CARE about it being your private parts they are looking at. It is no different to them seeing that than them looking at a toe or eye or anything else. They see it all day every day and it’s just completely routine. Yours will not be the first or last vagina they see today!!!!!
I tried to point this out the other day on this thread when a "medical professional" went into graphic detail about a job and patient and how it made them feel with a zillion emojis for effect It wasn't gyne but was a personal and embarrassing situation. I was shocked to see it on a public forum. Made me even less likely to go to a hospital than normal. I won't go unless dragged 🤣

Reactions: 1
Trying to sort out dates with people 😱 Like seriously, am I just super sad if I have no plans? What the heck are people doing?? How can you be booked up every weekend between now and Christmas?!? Where am I going wrong that I only have a haircut and one Christmas fair that I’m watching my kids dance at in my diary??
I'm almost 100% sure some of my friends feel the same way about me 🤣 But honestly sometimes it's just that the rare weekend or evening I am free I just need time for myself to recuperate. I need to sit in my own exhausted silence pit:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
My MIL and FIL had keys to our house but kept letting themselves in when we weren’t there. We asked for warning but they’d text thirty minutes before they’d arrive - not the night before at least (which we thought was pretty reasonable!). My husband ended up changing the locks. They never ever mentioned it to us. I really wish a)my husband had talked to them about it and b) I could have been a fly on our front door watching them trying to get in on the first day they showed up with the old key.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I tried to point this out the other day on this thread when a "medical professional" went into graphic detail about a job and patient and how it made them feel with a zillion emojis for effect It wasn't gyne but was a personal and embarrassing situation. I was shocked to see it on a public forum. Made me even less likely to go to a hospital than normal. I won't go unless dragged 🤣
That person defo isn’t a medical professional trust me, I’ve seen some of their posts on other threads and other people have also called them out for it! So please don’t let any posts like that deter you from seeking any treatment if you need it. Real professionals don’t think like that about their patients, as bettycrocker said, they deal with piss, tit, vomit and blood every single day as part of their job, it really isn’t funny to them!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
That person defo isn’t a medical professional trust me, I’ve seen some of their posts on other threads and other people have also called them out for it! So please don’t let any posts like that from deterring you from seeking any treatment if you need it. Real professionals don’t think like that about their patients, as bettycrocker said, they deal with piss, tit, vomit and blood every single day as part of their job, it really isn’t funny to them!
I did think this because it's so odd for someone to act like that And being a Dr you have to put your finger up backsides when dealing with many things. prostate, appendix etc and as you say you deal with body fluids all the time.

But then thought maybe they are, and this is how they really think and it put me off.

I see Betty's post when she posted it but didnt say anything until I knew the lady would have had a smear in case it worried her as well.

Reactions: 2
There is no need to feel in any way self conscious when attending a smear or any other gyne appointment. I cannot stress enough that doctors/nurses DO NOT CARE about it being your private parts they are looking at. It is no different to them seeing that than them looking at a toe or eye or anything else. They see it all day every day and it’s just completely routine. Yours will not be the first or last vagina they see today!!!!!
I've had major surgery a few years ago on my aorta and heart. Went in through my groin, by pass around the neck area etc etc. I was naked as anything on that operating table.

A few weeks later I was at the hospital going for a check up and I was in the lift with my surgeon. He looked right through me. No idea who I was. At that moment I realised I was just a heart and aorta to him. He only knew me by what my procedure had been. I was known as a carotid subclavian by pass to him. 🤣 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry in advance for the long post.
I’ve probably ranted about my in-laws on here about 100 times now but they just never stop with their nonsense, I’ve never disliked a bunch of people so much. We live about 6 hours away from my partners mum, but she decided to come visit and stay in an Air b n b near us a few weeks ago when she could have stayed with us but decided not to.

She stayed in the air b n b for 5 days and it cost £1,150, a day or so after she went home she text my partner and said ‘when are you sending the money’ he was so confused and asked her Money for what? She said she wanted the money for the air b n b because she shouldn’t have to pay for it because she was coming to see us! He was fuming but guess what, he still gave her the money, he sent her the exact amount. When she received it she said ‘what about the petrol money’ and asked for £100 so he sent it!!!! So you come to visit us, refuse to stay in our house because you ‘like your own space’ and ask your son to pay for your air b n b and petrol???

We kind of had an argument about it and he said oh you know maybe she’s going through a hard time financially and isn’t telling anybody so I said to myself yeah perhaps that is the case but who would do that?

So today, there was a knock at the front door, it was his mum, she drove down to see us 🙄 So I look outside and noticed she had a new car, I said oh you got a new car and she said yeah I bought it last week. It’s a Range Rover and I looked it up and it’s worth about 60k. I said oh the monthly repayments must be so expensive and she said ‘oh I didn’t do finance’. I said to her if she wanted to bring her things up to the spare room and she said oh no I’m staying at that Air b n b again. So I did say okay cool but are you going to pay for it this time or going to ask him to pay for it again? I said because that surely can’t be okay to do when you can clearly afford it yourself. She was furious!!! And said she was going to go home so I just said okay bye.

Ive had a huge argument with my partner and he isn’t speaking to me and said I shouldn’t have said anything.
His mum is total head and when we got engaged her and her daughters response was ‘oh are you pregnant’. They are such a horrible family. She also commented on the halloween decorations I had up and always says I don’t know the true meaning of Christmas and it’s about about ‘greed’ for me and most people. She’s a very over the top religious person and I can’t handle her. She’s so toxic. And comments on everything. Did I do the wrong thing by bringing it up about who is paying for the air bnb?
ive never stayed in an air b n b but £1,150 for 5 days seems ridiculously expensive. was it the equivalent of the ritz or savoy? ..id tell her to book a premier inn next time !😉
and ultra religious people are often the worst examples of their faiths teachings !

Reactions: 7
I've had major surgery a few years ago on my aorta and heart. Went in through my groin, by pass around the neck area etc etc. I was naked as anything on that operating table.

A few weeks later I was at the hospital going for a check up and I was in the lift with my surgeon. He looked right through me. No idea who I was. At that moment I realised I was just a heart and aorta to him. He only knew me by what my procedure had been. I was known as a carotid subclavian by pass to him. 🤣 🤣
Exactly. They don’t have any emotional connection to the patient - they view it through the lens of the medical issue. To a doctor or nurse a vagina or penis or bum hole is in no way any different than any other body part. They are trained professionals - it’s not like they’ve never done a smear or looked at someone’s bum hole before! They just don’t care about it in that way.

What I didn’t understand about that weird pseudo medical doctor post was why you’d manually remove poo rather than use a pessary or like a colonic irrigation? I knew someone who was confined to a wheelchair and had bowel trouble. She got colonics regularly. Anyway…. I would respectfully ask for the argumentative people with vivid imaginations stay off this thread cos I like it and don’t want it shut down like the unpopular opinions was. 🙏🙏

What I didn’t understand about that weird pseudo medical doctor post was why you’d manually remove poo rather than use a pessary or like a colonic irrigation? I knew someone who was confined to a wheelchair and had bowel trouble. She got colonics regularly. Anyway…. I would respectfully ask for the argumentative people with vivid imaginations stay off this thread cos I like it and don’t want it shut down like the unpopular opinions was. 🙏🙏
There is a genuine medical procedure called manual extraction which does involve using a finger to extract the poo.

I feel exactly the same about going for a mammogram on Friday. I’ve had cancer over the last two years and have recovered but I was hoping for a long break from hospitals. I am grateful to be here but I hate the niggling worry waiting for results. I just want it to be over!! This is all on top of having my ample old boobies squashed in a vice.
I declined the paper sheet I was offered to cover my boobs for the few feet I had to walk from the chair to the radiotherapy machine, considering the number of times they've been examined, prodded, etc., I thought there's no longer any point in being shy!

Oh, and I want to rant about the idiots who smoke next to the hospital doors! Signs everywhere stating NO SMOKING AREA/NO SMOKING ON HOSPITAL GROUNDS/SMOKING AREA OUTSIDE GATES. Read the signs you ignorant gits!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I declined the paper sheet I was offered to cover my boobs for the few feet I had to walk from the chair to the radiotherapy machine, considering the number of times they've been examined, prodded, etc., I thought there's no longer any point in being shy!
it does make me laugh when they give you stuff like that😂 like that sheet thing they give you to cover your lower stomach (?) while someone literally stares up your vagina

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Slightly odd scenario in that we're sharing a holiday cottage for the week with my husband's aunt and her husband. Prior to this week I've only ever seen them for a couple of hours at a time at Christmas Dinner and such like and while they're perfectly nice people, I doubt there would be a scenario where we would normally share accommodation. My in-laws were meant to be here too but got covid so have had to stay home.

The Aunt has had heart issues which she was in hospital for last week and has to take things easy so I've been taking on the bulk of the cooking. They were out when I got up this morning and husband said they'd gone out for some supplies and a look round nearby but expected them back for lunch. They didn't appear for lunch, which was fine as we were doing our own thing but I prepped and made dinner and started getting it ready to eat for 6. They finally arrived back just before 6 to say that they'd had a lovely fish supper when they were out!

So glad I went to the effort to make dinner for us all 🤬 I had to make dinner anyway but I had to scale up to accommodate them and we'd got the plates ready/set the table for us all so it's a bit galling. Aunt says she told husband they might get dinner out but he says she absolutely didn't.

Slightly odd scenario in that we're sharing a holiday cottage for the week with my husband's aunt and her husband. Prior to this week I've only ever seen them for a couple of hours at a time at Christmas Dinner and such like and while they're perfectly nice people, I doubt there would be a scenario where we would normally share accommodation. My in-laws were meant to be here too but got covid so have had to stay home.

The Aunt has had heart issues which she was in hospital for last week and has to take things easy so I've been taking on the bulk of the cooking. They were out when I got up this morning and husband said they'd gone out for some supplies and a look round nearby but expected them back for lunch. They didn't appear for lunch, which was fine as we were doing our own thing but I prepped and made dinner and started getting it ready to eat for 6. They finally arrived back just before 6 to say that they'd had a lovely fish supper when they were out!

So glad I went to the effort to make dinner for us all 🤬 I had to make dinner anyway but I had to scale up to accommodate them and we'd got the plates ready/set the table for us all so it's a bit galling. Aunt says she told husband they might get dinner out but he says she absolutely didn't.
I mean, you made dinner without asking what their plans were?

My family have keys to each others homes but they are only for emergencies. No one would ever use them.
Same here.
I have keys to other family members houses, and the sibling who lives nearest to me has a key to my house.

I would never dream of using a key unless it was something they specifically asked me to do, eg if they were away on holidays and needed something sorted urgently.
And likewise they wouldn't dream of using my keys unless asked.

When my mother had open heart surgery, the surgeon gave her a hug after he recognised her on the ward. Though I think she was a 'memorable' patient because the anaesthetics had a strange effect on her and the nurses etc were all laughing at her behaviour. :eek: 😂

• Wow
I mean, you made dinner without asking what their plans were?
That is true. I've cooked every other night for us all and they had indicated they'd be back by lunch so presumed they'd appear at some point before dinner. Husband spoke to them as they phoned to say they'd picked up milk incase we were going to get some but didn't mention eating out or not to cook for them so no reason not to expect them to be eating with us. Annoyingly I've already made tomorrow nights dinner otherwise I'd leave them to it and sort ourselves out!

I have two ft jobs in tech and had over 6 meetings today between both jobs + my regular work tasks done . My SIL who have been unemployed for the past 2-3 years, living off unemployment and other gov bs she could find HAD an audacity to go on a rant today about how tech companies are “ destroying working class” on her facebook. Im so tired of people like her bashing the industry that keeps me employed. She is a bitter loser who is not making anything out of herself but sits and rants about things she doesn’t know about and preaches on who to vote for so that republicans can “kill the tech” companies that are “destroying America”
I muted her but at this point im just done with her bullshit! How can people be this stupid or pretty to their own siblings and their families? I could never

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.